Oxford Royale Academy Reviews

Email, Live Chat, Telephone
2 - 3 Hours
Read Oxford Royale Academy Reviews

About Oxford Royale Academy:

Oxford's leading summer school and recent winner of the Queen's Award for Enterprise in 2019, with students living and studying in 9 different Oxford colleges, as well as Cambridge, London, St Andrews, Yale, St Mary's Ascot, and historic Yarnton Manor.

twhale@oxford-royale.co.uk

Lynn A
Rachel C
Oxford Royale Academy 5 star review on 21st September 2019
Maryum S
First and foremost, it was only one day since the session ended, but I was already missing all the people. I'm not sure where to begin with. The staff and students truly made it a place like no other. I also deeply regret that I did not express my gratitude at the graduation ceremony when I received my award with an invaluable gift attached to it. As a regional bursary scholarship student from Mongolia, it was thrilling for me to spend two weeks with the amazing, supportive and energetic community. I also saw what ORA did for the kids. I could see the changes in them day by day, as amazing as that sounds. I could relate to the students who opened up and tried new things for the first time to the supportive audience. It was truly an experience. The staff became part of the young adults. They shaped them into the men and women they will become in society. They were a big part of their confidence boost; their self-confidence. The teachers helped make us grow. And the counsellors, they let them be kids again. As the most problematic student in the session (lost baggage at airport etc), I could not express how much I appreciated their help and how the staff, especially program coordinators, pronounced my full name exactly correct. The lessons I learned both in and out of the classroom were monumental, and the jokes I'm glad I know now, and those wish I did not, the meals, afternoon activities and evening shouts ended too soon. They all mean so much.
Oxford Royale Academy 5 star review on 25th September 2018
Oxford Royale Academy has been one of the most enriching experiences of my life. Participating in this summer school has not only educated me in the subjects I chose, but also in real life skills. I’ve learned to be independent, and how to take care of myself. I have also gotten the opportunity to socialize and make friends with other kids my age from all over the world. These friendships have given me an insight on all the different cultures and ways of life around the world. I have also gotten to explore Oxford itself, and learn about its history and experience it’s amazing architecture. Overall, I think that going to Oxford Royale Academy is an awesome, life changing experience, which I would highly recommend.
Oxford Royale Academy was amazing! I didn't think that studying during the holidays would have been such fun!😜 I met people from all over the world with different cultures and backgrounds. The teaching was surprisingly good! The interaction between the staff members and the students was brilliant. Thank you so much for this memorable journey!
Oxford Royale Academy 5 star review on 1st August 2018
Oxford Royale Academy was the best summer school I have ever been to. Not only in the sense that it was most entertaining, but also as it perfectly combined exciting activities with a riveting and meticulous course. In reference to the course of my choice, Introduction to Law, I can honestly say it was extremely well taught and informative, giving clear insight into the concepts of law and the profession. What I found most beneficial about it though is that it helped me develop an in depth way of thinking, and to adopt a more critical view on issues and their solution. Recognizing that these skills are highly invaluable, I cannot help but stress that this course would as such be most beneficial to everyone, regardless of the career path they wish to follow or are considering. I am therefore so glad that I attended the Introduction to Law course, that was incredible, dare I say, life changing. Regarding the activities and social life, I was highly surprised as I was at first nervous and apprehensive of whether I would be able to get a long with a group of kids that were not only unknown to me, but also from completely different cultures. My initial fears though were almost instantly forgotten, as everyone was amazing. I cannot recall a single person for whom I do not now hold a fond memory, or whose culture I don't admire and appreciate. What is more, due to the program I made life-long friends and met people with similar interests to myself. Together we then went on to enjoy a number of great activities, such as watching a Shakespeare play in the garden of one of Oxford's wonderful colleges, going out to town for delicious ice-cream or a smoothie, admiring Oxford's Botanic Garden, and much much more. We also went on two unforgettable excursions including one to Warwick Castle, and another to London's Natural History Museum and Science museum, both of which were great experiences. In other words, it was a blast!  Lastly, I would like to mention one more reason for which I believe Oxford Royale Academy was such a success. The counsellors. Their support, effort, and enthusiasm made everyone's time yet better, while they were also extremely helpful and genuinely wonderful people. Being admirably organized and aware of any possible issues that arose, they were incredible.  So, thank you, Oxford Royale Academy, for this wonderful and unforgettable experience that I will always cherish and recall with a feeling of joy and appreciation!
Hi Martha, Thank you for your kind and lengthy review - it's wonderful to hear back from such a satisfied student. We pass this feedback on to the counsellors from our various campuses, so it's brilliant that you thought they were specifically excellent. Since so many of them are current university students, they find it easy to connect with our student body, and we hear great feedback about them all the time. Your enjoyment of the academic and extra-curricular aspects of the programme is heartening, as we strive to create a balanced timetable of lessons and activities which keeps our students busy and occupied. We hope that we can welcome you back next year, to see how much we're able to improve an already stellar offering! Best wishes, Max Oxford Royale Academy
I went to ORA for two weeks this summer, and it was by far one of the best summer camps I've done. The courses I choose - creative writing, mathematics, and leadership and team building - were amazing and I loved every moment of them. They were interesting, educational, and delightful. After taking these courses, I can say that I have definitely become a much better writer, have learned many new writing techniques, and my list of books to read has become even longer than it used to be. I have also learned new things that I haven't done before in mathematics, which will help in my studies at school, and my passion for the subject has heightened even more than before. My abilities to work in a team and be able to lead one have drastically improved as well. Not only could you do the courses you picked, but there was a wide variety of extra activities and trips added that were great fun. Some of the activities that I enjoyed included basketball, ukulele, punting, chicken wired and many more. We went on a trip to London where we could choose to either go to the London Dungeons or The Aquarium, and I choose the latter. It was a memorable experience and my love for aquariums and for the creatures found inside them has grown. We also went to Stratford - William Shakespeare's birthplace - and learned a lot about him. We got to visit his home, learn a few new Shakespearean insults that they used back in the day, and learn the dance they did at the end of every Shakespeare play performed in the open theatres. There were also social events such as themed dances and those were entertaining, with dancing not being the only thing to do. Graduation made me feel accomplished, although sad to be leaving. ORA isn't only about the courses and the activities, but also about meeting people from all around the globe and socializing with them - making new friends. I have met a numerous amount of people and made friends that I will never forget. This has helped me get a better insight of how alike but at the same time, how different we are to one another. All in all, it was a special experience and I took back home many memories. I am glad to have done it.
Hi Heeya, Thank you for your incredibly comprehensive review! It's wonderful to see that you fully appreciated every element of the programme we create for students - both academically and in the extra-curricular offerings. We hope that you are able to build on the foundation we've given you to grow your confidence and abilities even further. Best wishes, Max Oxford Royale Academy
My experience was beyond amazing, this was my first time doing summer school and I am glad to have chosen ora as the first. Ora pushed me to try new things and do things I would not have done before, because of ora i have met the most inspirational teachers and made new friendships that will last forever. The counselors and staff were so welcoming and helpful since day one. Ora is such a unique course which provides a wide variety of courses suitable for everyone and the activities made us stay busy all day! I would love to come to Ora next year. This is truly something I will never forget. Thank you. Sarah Fawad
Hi Sarah, Thank you so much for this enthusiastic review! We always aim to inspire students to greater heights than they have previously aspired to, and your experience suggests that we are doing a good job. We hope to welcome you back indeed next summer. Best wishes, Max Oxford Royale Academy
It was definetely a very good experience. I had very much fun, met lots of new friends and learned a lot. I definetely would recommend this to others. The only thing that I had problems with was the scheduele. Hardly anybody got enough sleep because we had so much to do and it was very stressful doing homework and taking part in the actvities as well. But other than that it was GREAT:)
Hi Jack, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. We're pleased that you had such a great time, and we'll be certain to review our timetabling, if you felt you had too much to do! We'd rather our students were tired than bored, though! Best wishes, Max Oxford Royale Academy
I had the privilege of spending two incredible weeks at Oxford Royal Academy in St Andrews. The teaching was incredible, the community was welcoming and the accommodation was top-notch.
My experience with ORA this summer was an exceptional one. I was awarded a full scholarship by ORA to attend its two-weeks Broadening Horizons Program, where I took courses on Political Science, Medical Biology, and Public Speaking & Debate. This program's academic depth and outstanding flexibility provided me with invaluble skills on each subject; and, most importantly, it gave me the confidence to make the choice to pursue a liberal degree--in social sciences and the humanities--rather than a scientific degree. The professors were amazing and their guidance was invaluble. The memories made and the knowledge gained were life-changing and they will forever motivate me to pursue my academic dreams and fullfill my true potential.
i love it!!
Oxford royale academy was a wonderful experience that taught me to be independent and to mix up with people who are different that me. I would recommend this experience to everyone who wants to get an insight into college life and study in a prestigious institution such as Oxford.
Oxford Royale Academy is a great place to study in the summer. I took the Broadening Horizons program and studied at Queen's College -- the college is beautiful. You get the chance to take courses and participate in activities. This includes subjects such as Experimental Psycology and Contemporary History, and activities such as Ice Skating and Bouldering. There are many diverse peers for you to build friendships with and campus team members to guide you on your way and coordinate your activities and excursions. I will list 5 pros and 5 cons, but let me tell you that overall, the pros outweigh the cons. PROS 1. Good food (they accommodate quite well to alternative diets such as vegan or gluten-free) 2. Nice accommodations 3. Ideal location (a mall, several libraries, several museums, and quality cafes/restaurants were just a short walk away) 4. Free time and activities (lots of time was given for exploring, completing assignments, and participating in optional activities) 5. Many students/good social life (at almost any time, you could head over to the junior common room to talk to a friend, compete in a game of foozball, or play a game of chess) CONS 1. Assignments (For my courses, I had 4 total assignments to complete. Although this may seem light for two weeks, it does take quite a bit of time away from socializing) 2. Food (as previously mentioned, the food tasted good, but lunch and any snacks you might want throughout the day has to be purchased independently) 3. The price (the cost for this program is quite high, considering it to be only two weeks, which makes it hard for some to attend. Thankfully, a few scholarships are given to deserving students) 4. The Wifi (almost every time you want to use the wifi, you have to sign in again, which is tiresome to some students) 5. The water (the water available to student is tap water, which is fine to drink, but if you only drink purifies water, you are going to have to get that yourself) • Hopefully my advice helps you in your decision making process. I highly enjoyed attending ORA, and I'm sure that you would too.
Oxford Royale Academy 5 star review on 3rd August 2019
Everything is beyond amazing, from the teachers, to the people you meet! You bond with people from all over the globe, and make so many new friends that you will miss them when you leave! The teachers are really experts at what they teach and they want you to have fun and learn a lot at the same time. Honestly, I really want to go back!!
I had a great time in my Broadening Horizons course. It was a great opportunity to explore academic fields and to make friendships with people from all over the world. The location was very historical and central which allowed for easy transportation. The academic growth I obtained through this course was very rewarding and beneficial. It also exposed me to many fields and let me know which ones I like and which ones I dislike. The staff was considerate and would do their best to help anyone who had a complication, they were also approachable and did not alienate themselves from the students. On the academic side, I was shown what I am lacking and where and how I can improve the quality of my work. In conclusion, it was an experience which helped me enhance my academic skills and give me a taste of what university life could be like.
Being able to attend the New Perspectives program with Oxford Royale Academy is the best experience that has happened in my life so far 💯💯. The most satisfactory part of the courses was that I had a goal, stuck with it, and in the end all the work I did paid off. One thing I was looking forward to, was the social activities that I had seen on the ORA blog and they most definitely did not disappoint (the Friday night party was THE best). 🔥🔥 The absolute best part of this new experience was meeting and making friends from literally all over the world. Meeting new people exposed me to different cultures, ways of thinking, and this enhanced my knowledge of the outside world, but also showed me how big and diverse it really is. I had read before going to ORA that during the two week stay, that I would most likely make friends for life. I didn't take that to be true though. After the end of the two weeks, I was devastated to leave my new-found friends. I think ORA is a great program that exposes people to the world in a very good way. It gives people the opportunity to gain knowledge first-hand on the different cultures present and be able to share their culture also. The courses given are practical and very useful especially if you haven't taken the course(s) in school yet. If you're contemplating participating in Oxford Royale Academy, DO IT! ORA is the G.O.A.T AND IS THE WAY TO GO!!!
Oxford Royale Academy 5 star review on 20th September 2018
I spend two magical weeks at Ora , with wonderful people. It was an amazing experience that not everyone is lucky to live. I improved skills like independence, responsibility, socialisation and collaboration. I also became fluent in English . I learned how to right essays and enrich my vocabulary, which helped me at my English o levels . Ora not only makes you more open minded as you become familiar with a lot of cultures and you meet a lot of creative , talented and inspired people and places , but it also inspires you to change the world . Either that is for health or for the third world countries' problems or for gender equality and other types of racism . I will always be thankful for the life changing experience at Oxford royale Academy. I feel like I came back a more mature and wiser person. I highly recommend and hope that other young people could take participation at Oxford royale Academy's courses.
The experience that Oxford Royale provided me with was one of the most memorable. I interacted and made friends with a diverse bunch of students with similar interests to my own. It gave me the opportunity to work toward an subject that I might choose to further and come back after the two weeks as a more independent individual. The classes were enthralling and creatively taught. A series of techniques and concepts were taught. I was pushed to work harder but have come back a more responsible and diligent person. It was the first time that I was not ‘coddled’ and truly given a chance to take care of myself. All the counsellors were approachable at all points of time. We were taken on a series of excursions but given a chance to also explore Oxford on our own and Get a taste of college life. For somebody that has had very bad experiences at courses in the past, this has truly changed my entire perspective. It’s helped me not on explore my chosen field and make lifelong friends, but also gain confidence and greatly contributed to my character. It gave me the chance to understand the responsibilities that are inherent with independence and opportunity. This was truly the best two weeks of my entire life.
Overall, the most enriching and fulfilling experience a student could ask for. In all levels, academically and culturally, ORA excels in providing the best for their attendees, having a wide range of engaging activities and the best opportunities to get to know other cultures and lifestyles. I would, without a doubt, recommend the program to anyone who has the opportunity to attend!
Oxford Royale Academy 5 star review on 4th August 2018 Oxford Royale Academy 5 star review on 4th August 2018
When I came to Oxford I hoped I was going to have a great time. Not only did this hope come true, but the experience I have had in my two weeks in Oxford was also challenging, fulfilling and extremely instructive. The campus I lived on was beautiful and the people I met were brilliant. The friends I have made from all over the world are ones that I will stay in contact with for many years to come. The lessons I have learned were of immense value to me and have inspired me to continue along the academic path I want to take. Over the time period of my course I have grown in a way I could not have grown if I had not come to ORA. So I advice everyone who considers applying to an ORA-course to take this opportunity and do it. There is so much waiting for you.
ORA 2018 was one of the most incredible 2 weeks of my life! Not only were the lessons constantly challenging and exciting but there were so many opportunities to explore Oxford. The life skills and experience from simply being there have set me up well for my final years of school and into university.
Oxford Royale Academy 5 star review on 17th July 2018