Optimax Reviews

29% of reviewers recommend Optimax

How would you rate Optimax ?

"Excellent service from start to finish can’t fault them from staff in clinic to optometrist and surgeon . Aftercare amazing and can’t thank them enough for the wonderful journey of renewing my youth and seeing the world again without glasses"
"Surgery itself great and successful, aftercare appalling they are not interested once you've paid your cash."
"I was having one lens replaced and selected Optimax Leeds as the operation was to be done at BMI Huddersfield, which is my home town and easy to reach, at Leeds I endured all the tests and checks but due to dilating the pupil a situation arose that had me visiting A & E for observation, this was snag number 1, I was aiming to finance it on 10 months interest free, snag number 2, I have never bought anything on credit therefore was unknown for a credit score, credit refused so paid cash instead, operation due in march 2018, came the day my blood pressure was too high again, snag 3, I was sent home without having the op with instructions to see my GP to have blood pressure regulated, operation rescheduled for June, 3 months away. 6 days ago at last my operation has been completed and I have a bag full of different eye drops to administer for a set period, vision is still a bit hazy but no pain or discomfort at all from start to finish, appointment at the Leeds Optimax next day had me upping one of the eyedrops and an additional one, again associated with dilation and pressures, glad to report that the new lens is getting better all the while and surpasses what I was seeing in glasses, actually went out for a drive in the car 4 days after op with no problems at all, trying to get out of the habit of removing non-existent specs at bedtime. In the end, it was a lot of expense but the results are great, will need reading glasses once everything has settled, but from 2 feet to infinity no specs required"
"Make sure when you pay all that money for your laser eye surgery that you get a copy of your K readings/prescription before the surgery. Otherwise, years later you will be in my situation where they say they will provide them to you if you pay them £10 - I write "they say" because I'm still waiting for mine! So they will email you a copy of your receipt when they charge your credit card £10 (you get that straight away) BUT they won't email you the information even when you tell them your cataract operation in just 7 days away - no, they email you to say that they have sent them in the post - but apparently the charge of £10 is insufficient to cover a 1st class stamp - I say this because I was told on Wednesday they were in the post (bearing in mind my operation is next Wednesday) so Thursday nothing, Friday nothing, Saturday nothing. So I'm assuming that they weren't sent first-class if they were sent at all. So take away the cost of a second-hand stamp and I'm not sure what else you are paying for, seeing as the data is on their system in the account which they found when I provided them with my ID. And all this for information you should be given at the point of your laser eye surgery and which could have been sent by email in seconds (along with the receipt possibly?) - so I think this trading practise underhand and it shows how they are prepared to cut corners and how they find it OK to practise business in such a way, capitalising on people's unfortunate circumstances. I don't know if any of the other companies offering eye laser surgery behave in this way - I can only tell you of my own personal experience (which of course I wouldn't be doing right now if they had sent my details in a timely fashion!)"
"I have paid for surgery which has gone wrong - the optometrist blamed my eyes for it but I now read that the surgeon has under corrected my cornea. I cannot have surgery on my other eye in case he does the same - in which case I won't be able to work or drive - the profile of their surgeons are not put on Optimax's website as they are on Optical Express - I really wish I had gone with them now 20/20 or your money back DO NOT GO WITH LEEDS OPTIMAX"
"Optimax is a terrible company. I have everything to complain about them and have posted various more detailed reviews about them but they just don't get shown!"
"Do not ever use Optimax. Our experience in the Bristol branch was shocking. Firstly they take a deposit off you saying they will refund it and they never do unless you chase them up for it. Secondly they are dishonest, about the likelihood of a successful operation and about the waiting times. I would never recommend them to anyone, rather the opposite!"
Optimax is rated 2.43 based on 7 reviews