Optimax Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend Optimax

How would you rate Optimax?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

"Make sure when you pay all that money for your laser eye surgery that you get a copy of your K readings/prescription before the surgery. Otherwise, years later you will be in my situation where they say they will provide them to you if you pay them £10 - I write "they say" because I'm still waiting for mine! So they will email you a copy of your receipt when they charge your credit card £10 (you get that straight away) BUT they won't email you the information even when you tell them your cataract operation in just 7 days away - no, they email you to say that they have sent them in the post - but apparently the charge of £10 is insufficient to cover a 1st class stamp - I say this because I was told on Wednesday they were in the post (bearing in mind my operation is next Wednesday) so Thursday nothing, Friday nothing, Saturday nothing. So I'm assuming that they weren't sent first-class if they were sent at all. So take away the cost of a second-hand stamp and I'm not sure what else you are paying for, seeing as the data is on their system in the account which they found when I provided them with my ID. And all this for information you should be given at the point of your laser eye surgery and which could have been sent by email in seconds (along with the receipt possibly?) - so I think this trading practise underhand and it shows how they are prepared to cut corners and how they find it OK to practise business in such a way, capitalising on people's unfortunate circumstances. I don't know if any of the other companies offering eye laser surgery behave in this way - I can only tell you of my own personal experience (which of course I wouldn't be doing right now if they had sent my details in a timely fashion!)"
Julia Ashmore
Verified Reviewer
"I have paid for surgery which has gone wrong - the optometrist blamed my eyes for it but I now read that the surgeon has under corrected my cornea. I cannot have surgery on my other eye in case he does the same - in which case I won't be able to work or drive - the profile of their surgeons are not put on Optimax's website as they are on Optical Express - I really wish I had gone with them now 20/20 or your money back DO NOT GO WITH LEEDS OPTIMAX"
"Optimax is a terrible company. I have everything to complain about them and have posted various more detailed reviews about them but they just don't get shown!"
"Do not ever use Optimax. Our experience in the Bristol branch was shocking. Firstly they take a deposit off you saying they will refund it and they never do unless you chase them up for it. Secondly they are dishonest, about the likelihood of a successful operation and about the waiting times. I would never recommend them to anyone, rather the opposite!"
Optimax is rated 1.25 based on 4 reviews