Opodo Reviews

2% of reviewers recommend Opodo
9PM
9PM

About Opodo: Opodo.co.uk is part of the Opodo group; the first truly Pan-European online travel company. Opodo UK gives travellers one-stop access to flights with over 500 airlines, 80,000 hotel properties, travel insurance, city breaks, Eurostar breaks and car hire.

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how Opodo made you happy

Over a week
"I've bought form OPODO a return trip from London to Lisbon and received a confirmation e-mail for both ways that would be going by Easyjet and returning by Wizair. On my way to Lisbon everything was smoothie but on my return for my surprise there wasn't my name on the Wizair list for checking in. I've contacted OPODO from the airport and was told by the attendant that my booking had been cancelled due to no availability of space and that they have sent me an email to offer me two another alternatives, what is a lie once I've checked including my spam box and couldn't find it. Strange also, the fact that my son bought the same trip with the same flights to go with me two weeks after than me and how they had no availability for me but still had two weeks later for my son? So, I had to pay 295.00 for a ticket on last flight going by Ryanair to Stansted at 23:50 and than have to pay a taxi to Luton to pick up my car. Also, as my son travelled by Wisair he said there was plenty of empty spaces in the aircraft, purely incompetence of both companies. OPODO, never ever again and I don't recommend anyone to buy anything from this company, whether is a flight or hotel reservation."
Are you Opodo? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Opodo receives and that when things do go wrong, you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Terrible company. Booked 3 fights to Greece, took my money and then when I called about 3 hours later to see why I had not received booking confirmation they advised they could not get flights and they would trigger a return of my money in 7-10 days. I looked immediately online and saw they were still advertising the flights as available. Its a scam for sure, where do people go to have these people shut down!"
"When they are good, they can provide some really good deals. But you can't always tell when this is."
"Terrible customer service when you need to use it!!! They lie and ignore you!!!!! Don’t waste your time with this fraudulent company!!! Trading standards need to look into them!!!!"
"This was a untrusted company as they have lied to me numeric times ( gave fails information ) tried to scam me also numeric times and treated me unfairly , which caused emotional distress for me and my family . I am planning to sue the company which will waste even more time for me but the why this issue was treated was unacceptable as the problem was not my fault and I have tried to compromise with them several times but I still got lied to and this is my last option. I went to opodo as its a well known company and will give what I need but this experience was the opposite."
"The worst customer service I have ever received. Blaming on the customer when their website actually showed wrong info. The customer service officer could not even speak properly english and communicate decently. If there would be a rating lower than 1 star, i would prefer that"
"I looked to book a flight with Opodo by phone, when the operative took the call she stated that she could save me 40% by booking the hotel & the airfare together, when she looked it took 20 minute to get the details as her English was poor, by the time she got through to a price she quoted £950.70 this was £200 more expensive than booking direct - so not only was the service poor but she lied and ultimately was more expensive -"
"Appalling - Opodo obviously treat their customers with utter contempt. Booked a flight - they sent an email to say there's an ammendment - follow the link. OK did so - flight still showing. I ask them to reconfirm - they just send the original computer generated email. Flight still showing all fine. I call them - they tell me 'oh yes the flight's cancelled'. I ask them why they didn't just say on the email. They say effectively 'well you know now'. I get annoyed. Guy says I won't be refunded now! Second thing - booked a flight online. Get an email to say 'we're processing it, we'll send you an email'. I call - guy says oh we're just a travel agent, we won't do it until tomorrow (after your flight due to depart) - better we cancel it! Really quite shocked. And there's nowhere to complain to - hence coming here with a warning. Avoid Opodo / Edreams."
"Absolutely the worst experience I’ve ever had, do not book your tickets with this company! I bought a flight from London to Prague, the price was quite good and they were offering also “free check-in” so you wouldn’t have to do anything and your ticket would be send to your email directly 24 hours before your flight. However!! In the end I found out they charged me another 70 pounds for their fees or whatever and then the night before my flight I realised I couldn’t do check-in online because their app just didn’t let and when I tried to use the number of my ticket on the official Rayanair website to do the bloody check-in my ticket was not “valid” apparently so I had to pay another 50 pounds on the airport because as I mentioned before I was flying with Rayanair and as you probably know they don’t offer free check in on the airport. Waste of money, waste of time and energy! Never again."
"In the booking it said, the total price is 70,81€. But then they charged 100,1€. Scam and fraud!!"
"Booked Easyjet return flight to Lisbon-London through Opodo. Cancelled flight with Easyjet directly as instructed by Opodo. Did not receive refund from either company. Called Easyjet customer service, which assured me that Easyjet had refunded the flight cost to Opodo -- it is now on Opodo to refund me my money. Opodo has not refunded my money for 32 days now. Within these 32 days, I've called Opodo customer service four times, each time assured I will receive the refund within 7-10 working days. Was on hold for 37 minutes until I got to speak to a floor manager who was unable to do more than what 'regular' customer service representatives (send confirmation email stating refund amount and booking reference number). I will be calling again after 7 business days to chase my refund. I have called 5 times in total now. Do not use. I suspect criminal scamming activity."
"There is no lower choice other than this. Its very unreliable and the customer care is worst. They do not have email address so that you can raise your concern written and have it as a complaint copy. Each time you call, explain in full and then in response they have always an excuse that flight operator has changed, they don't have control. Never book through Opodo site even you got 50 dollar less or so. My experience is very unpleasant and i'll not recommend to any one else."
"I and my wife booked flights from Sydney to Osaka and then to Tokyo in Japan through the opodo online. We had to book separately because I would have to travel further to Seoul, Korea. There were some issues the seat booking (they charged AUD$50 per seat) so we called their office and in the end, we had to cancel our booking straight after. We requested an email for our record of cancellation, and they sent us email that our bookings were cancelled and payment would be fully refunded into our credit account within 10 days. After waiting for 10 days, it was still not refunded and I sent email to inquiry and received a reply that my fare was already refunded. After waiting further several days, it was not refunded and I called them, and they told me to send my bank statement. I did so. However I did not received any acknowledgement and nothing happened. I called them again and a honest agent told me that previous agents "forgot to cancel our bookings" and that was why our fare were not refunded!!! Unbelievable! He said it is now fixed and our fares would be refunded within 7-10 days. I just hope it will surely be refunded this time. I won't use opodo again."
"I booked a flight from Norwich to Edinburgh and return the next day and paid £261 by Nat West CC, I received an e-mail saying the money was sent back due to a problem processing it, Nat West confirmed that £261 was asked for then withdrawn. I spoke to a man who could barely speak or understand plain English and told him the problem was clearly at their end, he promised to fix it and I would receive flight confirmation next day, of course I got nothing except an e-mail saying "Nearly there". I then cancelled the booking after an 1/2hr wait on the phone and dealt with another man whose English was slightly better than the first and after some frustration whilst he checked the booking agreed to cancel the whole deal. Nat West were advised not to pay any request for the booking if one was presented and they (NATWEST) were most efficient and quick. I wouldn't advise anyone to deal with OPODO, they are a complete hick outfit that will only give you grief. Trading standards should look closely at them !!!"
"Booked a Xmas hotel and flight package with opodo. When the confirmation came through we were booked into a hotel in Jersey but a flight to Guernsey. Contacted them immediately and was told to contact the airline direct. They could not deal with it. The airline told us opodo booked us on a non refundable flight. They maintain opodo is wrong. We got nowhere with opodo. The package is not fit for purpose. So lost monet for the flight and have to book another flight indepedently. Lost a lot of money. Untrustworthy company. Do not use them."
"Booked flights for next year a few weeks ago. Got an email today saying the flights were booked for this month. Called customer support to change the flight, they said there were no other flights so nothing they could do. He then said he could only refund me £80 (we paid nearly £400) even though it wasn’t my fault. I had to argue with him for about 5 minutes before he agreed to put me through to a manager. The manager then disconnected my call. I called back again and spoke to potentially the only helpful person in this company who after about 15 minutes on hold said he could refund me £219. I have spent an hour and 40 minutes on the phone today. Lost nearly £200. Will not use this company again. Will warn everyone I know. 10/10 stay away from this company!!"
"airline booking cancelled even though funds were agreed by my cc. waited for 16 mins to speak to advisor who could barely speak english, requested a supervisor and after waiting further 20 minutes spoke to an advisor. no explanation for cancellation other than didnt get funds, not true."
"Wrong name was taken on booking by agent and I had to pay for their mistake Agents are in India and no one can take any initiative keep repeating the said lines. Hopeless. Wouldn’t use again in a hurry"
"The absolute pits this company is. We booked flights to Slovenia in April this yearfor this September. A few days after booking we noticed a spelling error on one of our names on the documentation . My husband rang Opodo who stated that they would correct it. Five months later and nearing the time for our trip they still hadn't ammended the error despite numerous phone calls (They do not ring you). They told us at one point ' You can always risk it at the airport!'We have since had to book new flights direct from the airline to ensure I get to see my daughter get married in Slovenia! Opodo are shocking. They do not care about the customers at all, customer services are very poor. They lied to us and no doubt they may possibly lie to you too. Read the reviews, not the one lined reviews that I have seen on some sites which I highly suspect are made up but the real one's. As far as I am aware Opodo are not ABTA supported. So be very aware. Your cheap flight may not be as cheap as you think in the long run. As for Opodo, hopefully people will eventually figure out what an appalling greedy company you are."
"I bought a flight ticket with opodo and I was very happy with their customer service all the people I talked to were very helpfull and they helpt me in a very professional maner. Keep up the good work !!!"
Opodo is rated 1.11 based on 96 reviews