On the Beach Reviews

of reviewers recommend On the Beach

Tell us how On the Beach made you happy
Absolutely shocking customer service, I warn everyone do not use this company. Were a member of ABTA when I booked, have since cancelled their membership, Moved my flight times which are now unacceptable, I also have told them why, Our hotel we booked is closed, and the alternative accommodation is not satisfactory as it means my children would have to share a room on their own. They are refusing refunds for the flight, as it is still going a head, but the flight is part of my package deal, and should be protected, basically they have turned their backs on responsibility that my holiday is compromised, Due to fly 24th October, and no refund has been sorted out, absolute disgrace. Will be cancelling my holiday with them booked for April and will never use this provider again. Hopefully they will go bust and everyone who has been treated like this will get a full refund.
Hi Stuart, I'm sorry to hear that you're dissatisfied with the supplier changes made to your booking. I have sent you a message with the details of how to make a formal complaint. Thanks. - Wendy
Hi
Booked with them to go to lanzorote Oct 2020.
But my flights where cancelled due to COVID-19 and because I claimed my refund Direct with Ryanair
Which I did when I got the email from Ryanair to tell me that the flights were cancelled which to date on the beach never did !!
To now be told by on the beach they cannot chase this refund because they cannot log into the account to do this !
It seems they just do not want to give me my money back
I will never book will then again . Be very careful I have now took this to a. Solicitor to deal with.
Hi there, thanks for getting in touch. When Ryanair process the refund it'll credit our company card and we'll transfer it back to you. We have no control over how long this could take. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused. - Wendy
My daughter and her boyfriend booked a holiday with on the beach in January before the covid outbreak. They were due to go to Benidorm this September.Due to the FCO advice not to travel she cancelled her holiday.On the beach clearly stated on their website they would refund customers under these circumstances except the flight. My daughter believed they would get at least a partial refund. However on the beach are refusing to pay her and her boyfriend any money at all although they were members of ABTA when the holiday was booked. They have lost almost £1000 pounds a holiday which took them ages to save up for as they are only students. On The Beach have actually sent my daughter a message including someone else's name in it they can't even get their messages right. I would strongly advise anyone to never book with them again they don't deserve any custom at all. Unfortunately I had to give them 1 star so I could write this review they don't even deserve that
Hi there, thanks for getting in touch. Please ask the lead passenger to send us a message via Manage Your Booking so we can look into this further. Thanks. - Wendy
I booked a holiday with onthebeach and bought insurance from them too. THEY cancelled my insurance. I contacted them about my refund numerous times, first response after nearly four months telling me the insurance THEY cancelled for a trip that NEVER happened because THEY cancelled it is non-refundable and they keep the money. This is all in the light of the T&Cs of the insurance contract clearly telling there is a refund. It may be that many customers don't read what they sign but unlucky onthebeach, I actually do.

Fraud and breach of conduct reported, financial claim initiated. I am sure I will get my money back at the end but neither appreciate the waste of my time, nor the sneaky attempt to make me a victim of a fraud. Stay away for this company if you want a peaceful holiday instead of wasting your time and money.
Hi Gabor, thanks for getting in touch. I can see that the issue has been resolved via Manage Your Booking. Thanks. - Wendy
Horrible experience.
Avoid them
Avoid like the plague they don’t refund money owed for cancelled holiday
No point in contacting OTB, they never listen to the points you raise. Simply come up with different excuses every time you contact them. They even told me they adhere to ABTA rules even though they’d left ABTA. Have given up on OTB & have issued a dispute form with MasterCard. You
Immoral practices. Resigned from abta so don't have to issue refund if fco advise against non essential travel. Change terms and conditions after booking. Avoid at all cost.
Cannot contact them for love nor money. They have canceled hotel and moved us to another completely different hotel without telling us. Cant get hold of them to either cancel or move to a hotel of our choice. Looks like they wont refund flights so are we ment to just loose that money??? Disgusting please dont book with them you will regret it
Used on the beach last year to book a holiday and thought it was all confirmed however received an email stating this was pending for 48 hours. After 48 hours I received a response stating this holiday was no longer available. By this time the same holiday had increased in price with other tour operators who provide confirmation immediately once payment is made unlike on the beach who hold your payment for 48 hours.

This year i thought I would try them again. Another mistake! Had to wait for confirmation again after taking my payment details. This time I received an email to confirm everything was booked. Anyway, 4 days before my holiday i receive another email stating they are cancelling my holiday due to Covid. I had only booked my holiday a week or so earlier and it was fine.

I was advised I would only receive a partial refund as the flight cost would have to be claimed back from the airline and this could take some time. I have not received any money back from on the beach and each time I ring them I am on hold for over an hour. Maybe other customers are also chasing up refunds!
Hi Immy, thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused regarding this. As we're a third party travel agent and book through suppliers, when you book through us you initially place an order. In most cases, we can make the booking for the price you see online and this gets shipped straight away. If not, it goes to pending as the cost will have changed with the airline or hotel supplier. A pending orders agent will contact you advising of this. We can either book the holiday at the new cost or cancel the order. Prices and availability are at the discretion of the suppliers, so unfortunately we have no control over this.

With regard to your refund, as soon as we receive the refund from the airline we'll transfer it over to you. Thanks. - Wendy
Like most people, have had refund for accommodation but not flights which makes up over half the holiday....no option to contact and when you send a message it just comes back with a standard message passing the buck!! DO NOT book with this bunch of cowboys!
Have got refund for hotel and transfers bit no refund for flyights, however in contract stated that we are protected from any unpredicted circumstances...
Holiday cancelled due to FCO advise.

Still waiting for On The Beach / Ryanair to refund our money.
This company was exposed on BBC's One Show (watchdog) 9th September.
I am currently pursuing them for a refund and suggest all others contact ABTA, CMA, and Watchdog too.
Appalling company, steer clear!
Hi Phillip. I do apologise for any inconvenience caused regarding this. - Wendy
Still waiting for Refund, Very poor Customer service
Same as thousands of others. No option to change dates, destination for holiday. Refused to refund whole package holiday.
Lost £1300 on our family flights. Could
Not fly due to the FCO advice. They do not care about their customers at all. Would never book with this company or recommend them to anyone.
On the beach cancelled my holiday in July 1st got hotel money back but no flights transfers cost cash back tried loads of times to contact no reply I paid through PayPal credit hopefully I get my money back then had cheek to ask if I like book again unbelievable avoid at all cost
Hi Ian, thanks for getting in touch. I can see that the issued has been resolved. Thanks. - Wendy
Disgusting - after Covid-19, I couldn't go on my holiday, tried to communicate with OnTheBeach but they ignored me. However, they did find the time to "cancel" my booking and have subsequently kept all my holiday money. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
They are the worst! They went into my account and took an unauthorised payment amount at 10pm at night!!! They close cases / complaints without resolving queries and are in breach of basic consumer rights. I will be contacting trading standards first thing and taking other routes. Do not use their services they are really unprofessional when it comes to payments/money matters/ responding to emails. They will force you to go on a holiday despite the travel restrictions and warnings during the climate and offer no reasonable alternatives.
They cancelled wont refund cant contact avoid.
On the Beach is rated 1.33 based on 147 reviews