Oma Kitchen Reviews

Monica Dale
Oma Kitchen 5 star review on 23rd June 2021
Tanya Clarke
Jo Stone
Loving the Oma Kitchen boxes, which contain a specially selected selection of chefs' favourite ingredients. I'm learning new techniques, getting creative, and finding out about top quality ingredients and suppliers. A 5 star box, both for quality, novelty and inspiration.
Oma Kitchen 5 star review on 21st July 2021
I loved the products in the box and the suggestions for recipes were great. The octopus in particular was amazing and I’ve already made a repeat of the moussaka aubergines. This weekend I’ll be using the beans and halloumi.
Oma Kitchen 5 star review on 1st July 2021
Amazing selection of goodies, love everything to do with Oma
The quality of food it’s absolutely superb. Such a fun recipe box to receive!
Oma Kitchen 5 star review on 23rd June 2021
Tasty food; tasty founders
Excellent as always. Cheers Oma x
My Oma box arrived on time with the most incredible ingredients. All things I have never cooked with before. I have already made two delicious dishes. I would highly recommend this if you are someone who loves to try new things. The quality of the products was top of the range. Can’t wait for my next box!
Thanks Nicola, great to hear you've been enjoying getting creative in the Kitchen!
I love the concept of the box, being that (a) the box includes ingredients I wouldn’t not usually come across / buy; and (b) that it is not a simple recipe following exercise; and (c) that the process is educational and promotes creativity. I cannot fault the quality of the ingredients or the price. I would however fault the choice of ingredients as a package. I got the ‘food for the Seoul’ box and found the ingredients included did not come together to make a single meal - I only managed to get 3 ingredients on my plate of food. Being that this is a meal box (albeit with a difference) I would have expected to be able to combine all or at least most of the ingredients into a single meal. This was not the case. In addition, I found issue with the choice of recipes in the booklet. None of the recipes used more than 2 of the ingredients provided and in some cases would have required some very specialised and expensive further ingredients to be purchased. Additionally some of these recipes required days or a week to make (for example where pickling is involved), well that’s no good if I need to use the duck within a few days. I will say that I found the booklet informative about the ingredients and how they should be used. To conclude, I would maybe buy another box. However, if I can across the same issue I would not buy another. If you disagree that the ingredients in a box should come together to form a single meal, I would suggest you make it clearer in your marketing. One last thing. I used to love seeing everyone’s creativity through your Instagram profile but you seem to have stopped posting these.
Hi George. Thank you very much for your feedback and we’re sorry to hear the box wasn’t what you were expecting. As you say the Discovery Boxes aren’t about recipe following; in fact it’s not a meal kit/ box at all, instead a selection of our Chef's favourite ingredients which you can use throughout the month (and beyond). We’re sorry that wasn’t clear to you and do hope you managed to enjoy experimenting with some new ingredients all the same. If you have any other questions or thoughts we’re always free to chat, just drop us an email at hello@oma.kitchen. Thanks Dave and Hugo
This was my first box, I went for the Veg Centric one as it was filled with things i'd never normally buy. Even though the contents were basics of the cuisine, it was really exciting to get to know the foundations and push me to cook something out of my comfort zone. Looking forward to the next box.
Thanks Edward, really great to hear you've been enjoying your Discovery Box. Your feedback means a lot - thanks!
All the products were fantastic!!
I bought this for a friend who loves to cook. A really good birthday present. He hasn't stopped showing me photos of what he has made. Looking forward to the end of lockdown when I will be able to taste his future dishes from the special ingredients in the box. Delivery timing was perfect.
A really exiting and original concept that takes home cooking to the next level. Everything was beautifully and professionally presented with the ingredients being imaginatively and (I was pleased to see) responsibly sourced, what's more with the instructions provided they tasted wonderful. Highly recommended for all foodies out there.
Absolutely brilliant array of ingredients. I gave the box as a present to my mum who is a chef - she said it was one of the most exciting and fun meals she had cooked in a long time. From the way the box is packaged, through to the detailed and cool booklet, and then of course the incredibly unique but high level ingredients - 10/10. Thank you Oma!
Loved our Oma box. Much more enjoyable than a regular "recipe box" as we were forced to get creative with the ingredients. Can't wait for the next one!
Love Oma!!!!
My 14 year old son loves cooking and he found out about you food boxes and liked the fact that it was sustainable and that you gave ideas of what to cook but also gave home the opportunity to think outside the box. He chose the venison and spent 4 hrs in the kitchen cooking up a 3 cause meal for 4 and it was amazing. He will do another box summer time when school has finished.
Oma Kitchen 5 star review on 23rd February 2021 Oma Kitchen 5 star review on 23rd February 2021 Oma Kitchen 5 star review on 23rd February 2021
Delicious and eclectic range of ingredients. Especially enjoyed the members portal, was scrolling through for hours!
Great to get a box that makes you experiment and do something you haven’t done before
Wonderful, fresh, exciting produce, wonderfully packaged, with love, and with sustainability in mind. Every aspect of box number 7 has been carefully thought out, from the fresh and cured ingredients to the dried flowers and the smoked oil, and even the hay (well, especially the hay). And the beauty is that the adventure is not over in one sitting, with the beautifully curated ingredients patiently waiting to shine in my kitchen when the time and inspiration are right.
Oma Kitchen is completely brilliant. I think the concept surpasses other food delivery boxes by having the highest quality, interesting ingredients and offering an immense amount of knowledge via the talented chefs and their booklets. It has sparked nothing but pleasure for me and everyone I have made meals for from it.
Oma Kitchen is rated 4.94 based on 35 reviews