Phone Unlock Reviews

of reviewers recommend Phone Unlock

Tell us how Phone Unlock made you happy
AVOID! very VERY unclear pricing! The price you pay is a lot more, more than double what you have already paid. I paid £23 in total, then received an email stating it is ready, however wait what?! I have to pay another £46.79!?! That would be nearly £70 in total! I may aswell buy another phone!?! Tried to query this with support, did get a response after using 2 different email address as for some reason my replies were not being delivered after the first response?... I even took screenshots of the process and was told that it is in the t&c's, however, ooh would have to look for this. NONE of the advertisements or processes actually mention a second payment, let alone how outrageous it is! I find this very deceiving and a good way to get over 20 quid profit and be able to refuse a refund. I maybe should have digged a little deeper, but I was blind sided into believing their intentions were good. Very upset and feeling fleeced. I have and I am continuing to report this company.
This company is just scamming the consumer by preying on people's naivety. Beware to all those decent individuals who trust a site to be honest, transparent and act with integrity! Do not touch this company with a barge pole they are out to fleece you!
BEWARE - They will take your money and then demand more money!!
Website says £20 to unlock phone. Then next day got email demanding another £50 to unlock. Total scam hope they rot in hell.
Paid €23. Then asked to pay another €99
Bastards
Read the t&c ⚠️ Avoid this website.
Well I ask them to unlock my android device and see I revive this email.

At first it was £19.99 and including vat it was around £24. And I waited for 1 day and I receive a email saying I have to pay triple the price to RELEAE THE COAD 🚫

Please ensure your device is NOT locked to someone elses iCloud account before purchasing this unlock (device says "Activation Lock"). This sim unlock will NOT help you. You need an iCloud unlock.

Your iPhone is a very expensive device and is subsidised by the carrier over the length of your contract, the carrier requires this additional unlocking fee to cover their potential loss of revenue. Some research on the internet of other unlocking sites will show you that our price is one of the lowest in the industry, and our timescale is certainly the fastest.

We do state on the website in several places (pricelist, terms and conditions, when you enter your IMEI, and the page prior to payment) that there will an additional price to pay.
Read the terms and conditions the price you originally pay will be £19.99 after that I was asked for another £89 the funny thing is my phone wasn’t even locked to the network and the price they were asking for I could by an unlocked Iphone from EBay with a bigger memory plus I applied for iCloud unlocking
Very misleading website, official sim unlock, thought I'd paid £19.99 to get a phone unlock only to receive a message informing me that was just a check price and would have to pay another £40 to actually unlock phone, wouldn't refund money already paid, certainly wasn't going to hand over any more money to such a shady business, will report to trading standards
Scam scam and scam again! Wish I read previous reviews, initially charged me £23 the next day I’ve been asked to pay additional £47!!! Don’t use at all cost
Avoid at all costs
Avoid at all costs. You will recieve the following 24 hours after paying your unlock fee....

Dear Mr ******* ********
Thank you for Pre-Ordering your unlock from Official SIM Unlock, we are pleased to inform you that the unlock is now ready for release. We have deducted our Pre-Order Check Fee from your unlock.

Please now release your unlock by clicking the link bellow and finalising the unlock payment. The released unlock for your device will be sent Over the Air using either 3G,4G or WiFi.

When you follow the link its to pay a further unlock fee of £59
What a scam, they trick you into paying £15 -the price that a normal unlock costs and then spring on a £50 'small fee' onto the end. I then tried to ring them to request this money back but their 'phone lines were really busy' at 7am? Do not use them and go to a phone shop in town- save yourself £15
100% Scam
Charged me £17.99 just to see if the phone could be unlocked.
Then charged me £47.99 to unlock my phone
They still haven't unlocked it after 9 days after it states the delivery time will take between 1 & 7 days
I got in touch with with my service provider who charged me $25 Australian dollars, £12.50
I told them I already have the unlock code because you took so long.
You get the same reply e-mails from the support team.
I really wish people see my review to save other people wasting there money
How the hell there at the top of google's search engine results I will never know
Report them
Scam Scam Scam. But like so many, I only looked at the reviews after I was scammed.
Terrible, proper overcharging scam. Careful don’t trust the first quote they give you will need to time it by 5 when it’s time to unlock. After the first £24 they wanted another 71.99£ on top. What a joke. But they keep making all this 24.00 initial payments, non refundable so easily. Scam. Scam. Scam.
Official SIM Unlock -
Do not use this service, as the cost for unlocking handset is not clearly specified on their website when making the purchase. Like many others here who have used the service, I was scammed because I didn't read the small print when purchasing the unlock service. I paid £23.99 to have my iPhone 7, which is locked to O2, to be unlocked for use with other carriers. One would assume, that this already extortionate price for handset unlock would be sufficient for the service (as O2 can unlock their handset free of charge, I subsequently found out). However, I was sent an additional email with invoice of a further £52.79 payment to complete the unlock service, which is almost than double the amount of initial cost. I emailed their customer service requesting a refund, to which I received a curt email stating that a refund for the initial payment of £23.99 was not possible, as I had ticked a checkbox upon checkout which stipulated in small print that further costs would be due. Very dubious business model, at best. Especially, when competing services will carry out a full unlock for £20. Utterly despicable sales practice. Please avoid, to prevent a similar experience.
As others have said... it's a scam. Got an further invoice for £50 after paying £20. It's in the terms and conditions but it's not clear whatsoever. I'll be reporting to trading standards for all the good it will do.
Yea absolutely a scam.

£19.99 turns into £24.99 upon payment for VAT 20 hours later I get an email saying my code is ready so I excitedly clicked the link to find they wanted an extra £49.99.
They even have a step by step of the process which says nothing of the extra payment.

They are extremely disingenuous and are just collecting £25 from people who won't pay the extra.
It's theft plain and simple.
Deliberately deceptive and misleading. The three simple steps they describe do not mention that before you receive your unlock instructions you will be asked to pay another higher amount to receive them. The first £19.99 turns into £24.99 (they don’t mention Vat at a first glance) and that money is just for them to check if your phone can be unlocked. They do not make this clear when browsing the website or during the time you are filling out the information they require. AVOID
Paid 24.99 to get phone unlocked, originally £19.99,they add £4 for search details.gave my details, phone model and make,and emi number,said I would get the code with in 24 hours..next day got email saying,pleased to say we have your code.go to check out to collect your code.so I went to check out,it said I had to pay another 55 pounds to release the code.i did not pay as that is wrong what they're doing.rip off, scammer.scum,when I complained they said I did not read the terms and conditions.what!! Nothing about ,2 add one,did not get refund of £19.99.As they did do a search.ha,if they did.this company needs to be closed DOWN.it is internet theft. ROD.
We are in Australia and paid $27 then 24 hours later they said it was ready and they charged another $74 and said it was another 24 hours away but still nothing . They are liars they advertise 3 simple steps .... They are liers .scam ... Overcharging rogues
Phone Unlock is rated 1.59 based on 181 reviews