Oakwood Estates Ltd Reviews

91% of reviewers recommend Oakwood Estates Ltd

About Oakwood Estates Ltd: Oakwood Estates are an award winning estate agency after recently winning two major ESTAS prizes.

We have a team of people offering their expertise in sales, lettings, land & planning, property management and mortgages.

Open 7 days a week we provide a service offering transparency, commitment and results.

The Oakwood formula has been developed year upon year to ensure progression and improvement which now sees us as the fastest growing agency in the local area.

enquiries@oakwood-estates.co.uk

44 Station Road, West Drayton,
Middlesex

How would you rate Oakwood Estates Ltd ?

"Consumer beware!!!! Oakwood provide a very poor service as far as lettings are concerned, for the following reasons: 1) I found 2 members of Managerial level staff to be untruthful, tricky and lack transparency. 2)They Do not respond to calls , and need to be constantly chased for updates. 3)There refrencing forms and process is very out dated. 4) They try and charge the Tenant for both "check in" and "checkout" at move in date. When the actual industry standard is for the landlord to pay "check in" and the tenant to pay "checkout" at end of tenancy. Much more can be added, however suffice it to say, I would not be reccomending Oakwood estate agent to anyone that I know. Look out for more on yelp and google reviews."
Dear Mr Ahmed,

All of our fees are listed on the wall within each of our branches along with our website with the intent to provide transparency.

Unfortunately with your case you were found to have CCJ’s and rent arrears which you did not make known from the outset.

This meant that we were unable to progress with your file.

After reviewing the phone call and speaking with the negotiator involved he ensures me that you understood the situation and matters were left amicably.

The inventory charges are dependent on each of the Landlords we represent so charges will differ dependent on property type and requested service.

We are sympathetic to your position and wish you all the best moving forward.
"Our experience with Oakwood has hands down been one of the best we have ever had with an estate agent. Renting out your apartment can often times be stressful when you're heading abroad, but we gave them a timeline and they worked relentlessly to meet our needs, keeping us up to date on all the latest viewings until we found a tenant that we liked. A lot of estate agents these days are very 'run of the mill' and rely on the market to do the work for them. It was clear that these guys actually put some elbow grease into it to make things happen. Very impressed with Oakwood, a very well run business and not surprised they are the up and coming player in the market right now. Will definitely be using them again in the future. Thanks guys!"
"Reported problems solved very quickly by the property management team, very helpful contractors sent to fix issues"
"A very professional company. Reliable, dependable with a wealth of knowledge. Thank you."
"Great professional service , highly recommended"
"Good service and prompt communication. Charlie Aldridge in particular has been a real help, replying to my queries even late in the evenings. Tim has always been available to help as well."
"Excellent service from the property management team at Oakwood. Would recommended to everyone thank you."
"Amazing service from the start, the property management is second to none Charlie is fantasic, knowledgable and extremely helpful."
"An initial struggle until I found Oakwood. What strikes me when dealing with this bunch is an intent to proving quality from start to finish. They don’t cut corners and have an attention to detail throughout the service. The initial photos and marketing is fabulous. My viewing feedback was emailed over with a follow up call. Offers were clearly sent over. The end result is a great tenant which pays on time and is respectful to my property. I’m living in France so it was important that I had an agent in place I could trust. Fantastic operation. Vive Oakwood !"
Dear Hannah, Thank you for your review we are pleased you are happy with our service
"If i could give a minus here, I would. After the service we as landlords received, I am astonished to see that there are good reviews. Our tenants also had an incredibly awful time with them, where they were lied to and had to wait for an awfully long time for no service. Even up until the day they moved out, we had horrendous service despite them apparently managing the account. We had to do everything ourselves, and rely on the new agents that we have gone with. Such a shame."
Dear Maria,

We are sorry that you have had such a awful experience. Managing peoples property is all about providing exceptional customer service to both tenant and landlord and it sounds as if we failed to deliver on this occasion. Your review has been forwarded to the Managing Director who does not take such feedback lightly so I'm sure he will be in touch with you by the close of play.

I wish you success with your new estate agent.

Yours sincerely

Marketing Executive
"Tim and his team are very professional and understand customer needs and manage the property efficiently and resolve all concerns on time.I will highly recommend them. John , Nigel and shanon are professional and deliver quality to customer."
Dear Pras,
Thank you for your review we are glad you have received a professional service and look forward to working with you in the future
"I am so glad I picked Oakwood Estates to sell my house. They were very professional but also friendly and supportive along the way. I particularly admired the work of their photographer to show my house off at its best. Once a sale was agreed, Oakwood's efforts only increased, and contracts were exchanged very promptly. I would warmly recommend them to other house sellers."
Thank you for your review, we are pleased you are happy with the service you received from Oakwood Estates and look forward to working with you in the future
"there have give good service and friendly staff and no problems at all"
Dear KJH,

Thank you for your review, we are pleased you received a good service and look forward to working with you in the future
"Oakwood are extremely efficient at finding perfect tenants for our apartments. They also provide an excellent service checking the properties regularly and ensuring any problems are rectified in a timely manner."
"As a tenant renting a property I felt the service was very poor. Immediately after the viewing (which was very professional) I decided to rent the property and was encourage to make a (substantial) deposit in favour of reserving the house, some of which was clearly marked as non refundable. After having made this deposit Oakwood informed me of a set of charges that would apply before I could take up tenancy these charges were at the very high end of the market (for a bit so high end service). When I looked through their web site the charges were higher than what was advertised on the site by over 50%! But when I questioned these charges I was threatened with not having my deposit refunded. Right from the start I had made it very clear the dates and time frame for when I wanted to move in. There were ten days from when I paid the deposit until when I wanted to move in. After having paid the (exorbitant) fees I was told that the moving date was arranged for after the time I had requested despite me having returned all the required references within 12 hours of the request. When I asked to move the date the staff laughed at me and told me it wasn't possible. I had to phone repeatedly to talk to anyone because the phone wasn't answered during the day and when it was answered it was by a different branch. Two days before I needed to move they finally agreed to change the moving day and only notified me of the updated date and time of moving at 18:00 the day before I was moving. I had to arrange the movers and all the other logistics of moving at his the day before the move because of this incompetence. They must know what is involved with a move and should work to clarify days will beforehand and actually answer their phones and return messages. I would never recommend that anyone rent through this company, they will over charge you, ignore you, fail to return calls and laugh at your requests."
Dear Anonymous,

I’m sorry to hear of your negative experience. If our customer service department would have been made aware of your troubles at the time then we would have done anything within our means to resolve these issues raised.

Our fees for all new adult tenants are £150 inclusive of VAT per person which cover all of your referencing, coordination work and drawing up contracts. This is in fact a competitive fixed charge. An Inventory is also recommended as a safe guard against your deposit and proof as to how you receive and return the property.

We have an impressive phone system which transfers any incoming call to the next available team member to ensure that no call is missed. We are also open 7 days a week to ensure flexibility amongst our customers. Last week 2677 calls were answered across all of the offices. If for some reason every representative in the company is on the phone at the same time then you will enter a queuing system until the next available members becomes available.

It usually takes an average of 5 working days to complete all necessary checks for a new tenancy to start. Once all checks are complete then we can move a new tenant in without delay. Are aim is to always move a new tenant in at the earliest opportunity however there is always a chance for delays if compliance has not been met.
"Overall, I was happy with extension of the flat's tenancy agreement for next 6 months. All done in a very professional standard."
Dear Mr Jindal, Thank you for your review we are sorry we did not hit five stars for you but we are happy you are pleased with our standard
"John Lee, the manager of the office met with me to discuss how the local branch of networks would work together to achieve me the best price and as promised this was the case. In a difficult market John and his team managed to achieve £25,000.00 over our asking price with other multiple offers within 2 weeks of marketing this 5 bedroom detached house. Regular feedback was given as promised and Nigel, the sales progressor was exceptional. Being In the industry, I understand how difficult sales progression is. Nigel's sole job was to ensure all expectations were managed and he did this at every point. Even when Nigel was on annual leave one of the Directors stepped in and the handover of the file was floorless. I would have no hesitation in recommending Oakwood and have since employed them to manage a property from our portfolio. thank you to you and your team. Martyn Birch Open Property Group. www.openpropertygroup.com"
Dear Mr Birch,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that our team exceeded your expectations and we appreciate your feedback.
We look forward to working with you in the future

Elle Godfrey
"Excellent and polite from start to finish. Would highly recommend!!"
Many thanks Shaun for your feedback, we look forward to working with you again in the future

Elle Godfrey
"My property had been on the market with 2 other local agents for 6 months with very few viewings. Oakwood managed double the number in 10 days! Fantastic communication & extremely professional. We now have at least 3 interested buyers & are very happy!"
Dear Mrs Pearmain,

We thank you for your feedback and look forward to working with you again in the future

Elle Godfrey
"Oakwood marketed our property above their estimate at my request. Sold the house within two weeks and we will be moving house in a fraction over 3 months. A really good performance!! Excellent service. After sales support also excellent, Nigel has progressed the exchange with skill. Would definitely recommend Oakwood"
Oakwood Estates Ltd is rated 4.57 based on 116 reviews