Oak Direct Reviews

Read Oak Direct Reviews

sales@oakdirectuk.co.uk

Unit 5, Wallbridge Mills, Frome, Somerset

Tell us how Oak Direct made you happy
Cannot leave review on product as it’s not arrived! Was sent an email to say delivery would be yesterday but no show! Today I spoke to Tracey who is not currently working in the office but at home so mornings only ( explains why no one answered phone in the afternoon) to be told it was not put on the van - the company didn’t even have the decency to let me know so I could cancel annual leave which I wasted sitting around for a delivery.
I ordered and received a lamp table which was lovely but the flush, vintage, brass drawer handle was missing from the box. I called and emailed to ask if one could be sent out as soon as possible, emails were ignored. To date, almost 2 weeks later I still have not received the draw handle. The communication was very poor compared to other companies, it's almost as if they can't be bothered once they send an item out, even when parts are missing. I have to wonder if they should be in business at all.
The worst customer service would be a compliment. Numerous messages and calls (to little response) in regards to a missing item. Absolutely useless. Avoid at all costs. Such a shame because the product is great and it wouldn't take much to resolve. Con artists
the worst company i have ever had the misfortune to come across. no customer service, no response to calls or e-mails they are truly shocking avoid at all costs
I ordered an oak mantel on 09/11/2019 with a wax finish, fixings to be pre-drilled and a specific length. Time passed and I heard very little but I appreciate custom made wooden items take time so I waited. I sent an email to chase after 3 weeks and they replied fairly quickly explaining there was a delay - not a problem. On 05/12/2019 I received the item, well packaged and exactly as requested, a thing of beauty which we're extremely pleased with. There are timing issues with the delivery firm they use due to being restricted to freight / weight of their goods, this can't be helped, I would say don't give a morning slot for delivery then arrive at 17:30 but that's down to the carrier.

The excellent product was worth the slight delay and I'll probably use them again.
i have emailed several times and have had no reply.
i was just after some information.
I have no compliant about the furniture. All I need is a replacement handle but no one has got back to me.
Its disgusting
Terrible experience. The bedside table was sent to Scotland instead of London. Poor communication with the company. The table is still in Scotland after 3 weeks and I have no idea when it will be collected despite Oak Direct saying they will organise it and provide a refund. From my experience I cannot recommend dealing with this company.
Dont use! You can never get them on phone (only say they're open Mon-Fri 10-4 anyway). They make you leave a voicemail for a call back, which they don't respond to. They also ignore emails. Delivery times are ridiculously long.
appaling customer service cannot be contacted and delivery took about a month then the return a month then a week to process a refund then 2 weeks to recieve money back disgusting
Placed an order on the 3rd of July and rang the next day to ask for it to be delivered on the 1st of August as I am moving house and wanted it for my new home. Was told this was fine and they'd make a note of it. On the 15th of July recieved a voicemail saying they were delivering it to me on the 24th of July - so I rang and said I've already requested it to be delivered on the 1st of August to my new home. Was told to email details which I did as soon as I got off the phone. I sent 6 emails, rang 15 times and left 4 voicemails and nobody has got back to me. The delivery driver turned up at my house last night (23rd of July) with the TV unit which I had had no warning he was coming. I then had to tell him I couldn't take it yet as we're moving and he took it back to the warehouse. Sent yet another email today and rang twice but no reply. Absolutely worst customer service I've ever experienced especially when the furniture I ordered is so expensive you'd think they could atleast reply to an email. Would never order from this company again!
Ordered the Aspen sideboard 29th March, still hasn’t arrived. They do not answer the number provided or respond to emails. I’m afraid I have been scammed. Do not use this company!
Great quality and super painted finish. We asked for painted finish on the top of sideboard and chest of drawers to match the carcass and we are really pleased with the result. Nathan in customer service was very helpful. Would definitely order again.
WONDERFUL !! LOVE MY NEW FURNITURE. GREAT DELIVERY GUY PERFECT ALL ROUND THANKYOU.
Very good quality for the price would recommend, I have bought a couple of items from Oak Direct and very pleased with my purchases. Delivery excellent, only problem now is that the Tv unit and book case is out of stock ☹️
I was pleasantly surprised to discover this unit has 2 built in lights as i did not see this listed in the description.

The unit is lovely and fits perfectly where i wanted to put it. I will say to any purchaser to beware when unpacking and placing as the glass doors make the unit very heavy at the front so i would support the front feet or fix to the wall for extra security
Contacted and delivered a day early, well packed. Beautiful quality, looks lovely in our hallway. Would definitely recommend. Thankyou.
Possibly one of the worst most unprofessional companies I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

Ordered well in advance hoping that they could deliver on one of 2 days I was off work, despite my request they tried to deliver the week before I could take the delivery due to building work. I then struggled to get any info on when this would be delivered, false promises time after time of them getting back to me forcing me to have to chase relentlessly.

If you call they dont answer the phone, and if you want any kind of information in the afternoons forget it - appears they only work mornings.

Finally I was given a delivery date (the day before it was due to be delivered, so no notice - despite me asking every day) they advised an afternoon slot so once again I booked some time off work - the delivery turned up at 9am!

If things couldn't get any worse when I opened the furniture I disliked it and wanted to return for a refund, I informed them on the 31st May, after numerous emails chasing, false promises of call backs this was finally collected on 20th June, 3 weeks later - again, told it would be afternoon and they turned up in the morning.

I can honestly say I would never order from this company again, the customer service here is shocking - its an absolute circus and nobody seems to know whats going on. This has been a complete and utter waste of my time - I've lost count of the number of emails I've sent. Try Portland Furniture - a million times better, better furniture, better customer service!

The only good thing I can say about the company is the delivery driver is lovely - he must get it in the ear all day long from customers due to the complete lack of communication and planning - couldn't organise a p*** up in a brewery!
Order a sideboard on the 14th April, which I still not received.
First of all the tried to change us an extra £60 to paint the sideboard white, when they already stocked the exact same design in white?
Once that was corrected (after about 8 emails back and forth) we were then told there would be a delay in delivery as they prefer delivering large, expensive items themselves to avoid the damage that may be incurred via currier. This was fine by us- estimated delivery date was the 30th April.
Weeks later we emailed to chase and was told the sideboard was ready but that the currier had not collected it yet?!
Probably the worst customer service I've ever received. The whole company is a shambles.
they delivered as promised with complete satisfaction with the product
Disgusted. Waited an extra week for delivery, no communication, delivery wasn't confirmed so therefore we weren't home to accept delivery. When it was delivered it was badly damaged and appeared to have been dropped. Still trying to organise collection and refund after numerous phone calls, but they are now not answering the phone. They have had our money for four weeks and I am losing patience. Terrible company in my opinion!
Oak Direct is rated 3.16 based on 44 reviews