O2 Reviews

of reviewers recommend O2
Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Over A Week

Tell us how O2 made you happy
Bundle Call, WTF is that all about, Absolutely pathetic and annoying, Never again will i go with o2
If I could leave a 0 for stars I would. Worst mobile company ever! Absolutely devastated I moved my contract from vodafone. I pay a decent amount a month, mainly for data. Doesn’t work anywhere and whenever I phone they say the same thing every time ‘there is work going on in the area’ which is apparently affecting the signal. Why am I paying all this money for a phone that doesn’t work wherever I go? They’re always adding money onto my monthly bill for absolutely no reason. Customer service team don’t have a clue what they’re doing, and rude. STAY AWAY is the only advice I can give. I have no idea how they’re still running.
WARNING!!! Please stay away do not start any contract with O2 or there business partners they are working as a team where they scam there customers with a very tempting sim deal for 3 years

I should be paying £18 a month but instead O2 debit £65 a month I have called O2 many times over the last 3 months and they don’t want to help O2 customer service team always say the same thing every week try this number which no one will answer and our partner team have a lot of backlog so give them 48hours for a call back and I have not received a call back for the last few months if you ask for the O2 manager O2 response will be the manager has just stepped out absolute disgrace I have never experienced customer service like this before in my life and I’m a 40 year old
I asked for my pack code so I can cancel the direct debit and go else where and O2 said you will have to pay a termination fee of £1,250 to O2 when they are the ones who have breeched the contract so in the mean time O2 continue robbing me every month so far costing me £260 for just 4months for a sim with 4gig data

Unfortunately for me to exit this scam I will probably have to loose my established business number which I have used for 15years

I realised O2 business partners are liars and cheat and i thought I could get help from O2 but I now understand O2 are actually behind the scam and will happily let you suffer while they take your money every month
Once again I’m WARNING everyone stay away from O2 they are liars and cheat they should not be allowed to do this
After years of loyal custom, I feel very let down by o2. have my phone stolen. and it is going to take at least 5 days to get a replacement I am told.
Worst service I have ever had in my life.
Misleading, no way of cancelling, no technical support, terrifyingly bad customer service.

The only thing that actually works is, of course, the payment: taking money out of my account.

I'm not even going into details because it makes me incredibly frustrated, I can only highly advise anyone: never use their services. Never.
Absolutely terrible service. My internet keeps cutting off after a week every month since June. I've called them probably twice a week, either called, messaged, went in to see their 'gurus' and nobody can seem to find a fix for this. I have had countless staff members telling me the whole of the UK's internet is down - which it obviously isn't.

If I wasn't in a contract I would have cancelled my phone with them. I have been with O2 for 10 years' and never had so many issues. Absolutely pathetic customer service, with no resolution in site. I just keep being redirected to different teams and constantly having to call up and chase this when your staff do not actually log the issues.

Honestly if you don't have an account with O2 I can only advise you avoid them like the plague. Such a big company that doesn't care at all about your issues/ finding a resolution to them.

These issues have been ongoing since June and I have been unable to get any refunds for all the money I am paying for internet that I can't even use.
I have been a 02 customer for around 20 years. My family have 4 phones through them. I have 2 phones on business contracts.
In recent years the service has been getting worse but I stuck by them out of misguided loyalty, even though I could have saved money going with a different network.
The final straw for me was when I tried to log in on line and system wouldn’t let me.
I had to contact customer service 4 times over 2 days and was still unable to reset password to be able to log in, despite having numerous links sent to me.
Having wasted so much time in the effort I was left frustrated and angry.
I was even told not to worry as the representative never bothered logging into to there account, which I felt was beside the point.
I believe that be able to log into an account is a minimum requirement of a contract or membership.
I am able to cancel 1 account straight away but will have to wait up to 7 months to be rid of the others.
I do not feel 02 is now fit for purpose and would recommend to people not to join them.
Would give less than 1 star!
Level of service is bad, try and con their customers. Beware!

Been with them for more than 10 years.
They wrongly taken another account under my name. Didn't give me any info on it until I went to the bank.
Called many times to rectify, only to never get an update. Made out it was my mistake.
The other account never been used.
They had the audacity to say it to make it sound like it was me.

Will close my O2 account since they treat their customers like fools!

Check all tour accounts to make sure you only have one, as they are very sneaky.

Didn't want to offer compensation for stress caused.
Would give less than 1 star!
Level of service is bad, try and con their customers. Beware!

Been with them for more than 10 years.
The other account never been used.
They had the audacity to say it to make it sound like it was me.

Will close my O2 account since they treat their customers like fools!

Shocking service, blatantly lied to sign me into a contract telling me I could use my phone worldwide with no extra charges, when I started receiving charges I contacted the customer service team who quite frankly were useless, uncaring and unhelpful. They made no attempts to resolve the problem and we kept going round in circles. I opened formal complaints to which I was offered to leave O2, I asked about what to do with my number as my personal and business banking and email are attached. I of course received no such contact and 2 months later they blocked my account. I have tried contacting several times and when they put me through a supervisor they literally ignore me. How are they allowed to do this? I am out of the country (hence the travel sim) so unable to contact them. Its disgusting. Avoid at all costs.
Poor service from start to finish. Appalling to say it the least
2 weeks overdue on a bill, and o2 have constantly harrassed and threatened me with bailiffs and cutting off and losing my number completely, 2 weeks!!! Been in a contract and always made payments on time for nearly a year.
They have caused me so much stress.

The funny thing is, the reason I am overdue is because I moved house and had no broadband which I require for work, I spoke to o2 and they denied me any type of data deal, which led to me having a £150 bill on my last payment (which I paid).

This isn't the first problem I've had with them either. Despicable company. Avoid
Utter waste of time contacting these non-English speakers who just contradict themselves. I hope O2 make charitable donations to counter the amount of stress they cause to people. We ring with a problem and end up frustrated and no further on. People don't have time for this. Appalling service for a complaint of reduced /no coverage. Disgusted. Funny enough they no longer send texts asking you to rate their customer services 🤔 I wonder why!?!
Awful company, frequently hang up on you when trying to cancel, pass you round to loads of departments without explaining whats going on to other staff member, refuse to refund money owed when in credit by making you complete another laborious process to get your own money back - i imagine that a lot of people forget or give up so they get to keep your money!!! the ombudsman really should investigate these guys as they are a truly terrible company...... avoid or you will regret it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Knowing little about mobiles, I went ionto an O2 store (Fosse Park Leicester) and explained I was looking for a very basic package on a cheap phone - just phone calls and texts - I was told the cheapest option was a 'Business User' deal. I stupidly signed up for this and was subsequently tied into an overpriced contract. When I phoned to explain I was quoted Ts & Cs. I also discoveredd tghe contract was not with O2 but with 'Think Comms'. Needless to say, I got nothing out of either company. Clear message: PROFIT BEFORE CUSTOMERS.
Paid to come out of my contract, so that I could get a new phone. Ordered a Samsung.
Approx. five minutes after ordering I spotted a Huwawei that would suit me better.
Phoned O2 immediately to cancel the Samsung. Was advised that was fine, and would take 24 hours to appear on my account, at which point I could order the new phone.
I received text updates to say that my new phone (the Samsung) would be dispatched the following day.
Called again. Spoke to a different colleague. Asked if it was definitely cancelled, which he confirmed. I asked to confirm that the phone would NOT be sent out, which was also confirmed.
The following day I received a text message from DPD saying that my phone would be delivered.
Called O2 again, who said that it WILL be delivered, but to simply refuse delivery.
DPD driver arrived with the new phone. Refused to accept delivery.
Called the following day, saying that I had refused delivery, and asked when I could order the new (Huwawei) phone. They said that they need to have the Samsung delivered back to them, before they're able to process this.
One week later and there is still no word back from O2. Have checked my account, and it's still not been updated.
Absolutely terrible service!.
Any other company is better than this one. During my year of the contract, I was meant to pay £18 under contract, but my bill was always between £20 and £40. I was charged for games I have never used, and multimedia messages I have never sent, and when I have called customer service to get help or a refund, it was the hardest time in my life! Customer service staff is just not helpful at all and they seem they have better things to do than attending you. Even when I wanted to upgrade my bill to £20, (as I was always paying £30 ish...) they will not provide you with info, they will direct you to the website. This was a very bad experience, I just wanted to upgrade my bill today and thanks to the staff I had today, 26/07 at 14:00 Pauline, I am just leaving 02 company. Any other recommendations? Thanks
Lost my phone and got o2 to block it. Phone unexpectedly recovered and the trouble I then had with o2 "live chat" and customer services (where staff gave out one lot of wrong information after another and where proper levels of training must be virtually non-existent) is not something I'd wish on anybody. I see o2 are getting hammered on customer service review pages and Trust Pilot and o2 management deserve all the criticism they get.
I was miss sold a phone contract by an…
I was miss sold a phone contract by an o2 partner company. lied to and not given access to the call recording. complained to o2 who mad me try and resolve the issue with the company future comms. The wouldn't even contact me when o2 tried to get me a call back. They then said they would deal with it. They never got back to me but sent me a letter telling me to contact ofcom as they never managed to help within a 10 week time frame.The thing is this company has been slated by hundreds of people with the same issues but o2 just let it go as they don't care how many lies are told to get the contract.
Moving from Virgin/EE i was expecting O2 to be a little slower but they are simply unacceptable. I mainly want to use my data to stream you tube and music when on the move, not talking 4k video but I regularly get awful buffering and time out errors on the most basic apps. If you looking at their coverage and think it looks fine for your area, think again, it's the bandwidth that's the issue, their connection ratio is so appalling that I cannot use my phone in Manchester city centre. Save yourself 2 years of misery and pay a little more for a better supplier.
O2 is rated 1.77 based on 371 reviews