O2 Reviews

20% of reviewers recommend O2

Tell us how O2 made you happy

Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Over a week
"Worst service ever, internet always terrible not worth what I’m paying for wish I could cancel my contact."
"Tried to move away from o2 and get my phone unlocked. Told me 24 hours then 48 then 72 hours. 3 days later still can’t use it with EE. Then they tell me I need to call apple care, call them and they tell me they can’t unlock my phone, only my provider can.. total shambles and spent 2 hours on the phone to them and I’m still on hold as I type this review... terrible service when they don’t care anymore"
"O2 have locked my iphone after I paid £600 for, and I have been without a phone for 5 days. I cancelled my contract to move to Sky and when I changed the sim it was locked, I contacted O2 to have the lock removed 5 days ago and it is still locked and i cannot use my phone with Sky. I own the phone and they are stopping me from using it what gives them the right to do this, I would strongly adive anyone thinking of getting a phone with O2 to check that they will lock the phone after buying it better still DO NOT GO TO O2 they are useless"
"Shocking customer service. Told by the First Lady that she believed we were mis-sold a dongle after constantly going over data as my partner was told that he could not increase his tariff. Turns out we could have. 4 long phone calls later, with two different staff who “will call me back, they promise”, still no solution given. Going to call yet again today at my inconvenience. My partner has been with O2 for 10+ years now and once this contract has ended, neither of us will be staying with them."
"on 23rd june i took out an s9+ on the get a free tablet deal. 7 weeks two visits to the store and many phone calls and live web chats to customer service later still no tablet. last time i was in the store karla who sold me the deal ciuldnt have cared less. in fact the whole time i was trying to talk yo her ahe was changing the stores music and talking to mates about a night out on whats app. so what i would like to know is where is the tablet? and how did karla screw up my order to the point where people who got there phones after me have all ready recieved their tablets"
"After writing to complain O2 contacted me to inform me that they had messed up my account and I was owed £90 refund. This was over a month ago and still no money has been received. I’ve given my debit card details four times and last Friday I was informed that a BACS transfer would be made. It would take 5 working days to show in my bank account. Well nothing has appeared. I phoned O2 was informed managers don’t speak with customers and there is nothing further they can do. So it looks like I’m going to have to go to the small claims Court. Disgusting useless service. AVOID at all costs"
"No signal. Customer service goes round in circles. Have new provider now - unbelievable how much more useful my phone is! Avoid at all costs."
"I was wrongly charged over £50 by o2. Having canceled my contract and sent my phone back due to the dreadful coverage. I was told that I wouldn't be billed, this, however, turned out to be untrue. 2 Months later and I have been constantly lied to and fobbed off regarding my refund. It's come to a point now where they claim the issue is with my bank, whom I have never had an issue with before. I have spoken to my bank and there is no record of a refund whatsoever. My advice is to avoid this company like the plague, they have the worst customer service I have ever experienced."
"Absolutely terrible. Do not use this firm. They fail to answer enquiries or telephone calls. Managers ignore you. It is impossible to speak to the managing director. Have been put in an official complaint 2 months ago and still waiting for response. Going to financial ombudsman now. Can honestly say the worst firm I have ever had to deal with."
"Staff in the Livingston branch was excellent, knew his stuff and got me and my wife a great deal"
"viewed phones online , decided to put one in the shopping basket and to complete purchase at a later date , I saved the shopping basket and had a reference number which I was meant to be able to quote online or over the phone to complete the purchase. I rang up to complete the sale because I needed to query the click and collect destination , only to find the sales centre didn't recognise the reference number at all ! ! ! went through the whole process of taking down personal details only to find out at the end of the call they Didn't DO click and collect orders........ 30mins spent on premium rate line...Hmmmm . Nice little earner O2...."
"Accent of advisor difficult to understand very crackle line."
"I have had no O2 signal for a week now, have tried phoning O2 and also 'talking' to them on the live chat to find out how much longer there will be no network, but am getting nowhere with them and getting no definite answers, just going round in circles. Their customer 'service' is a joke, it is appalling."
"The service itself has been OK, but the contract seems to be managed through Carphone Warehouse, who handled the renewal. This was a disaster - I received non-stop calls from Carphone Warehouse for six months before I finally blocked the number. Absolutely unacceptable."
"Appalling service both in store and via customer service (phone). No one appeared to know what they were doing had my phone (Icloud) blocked by o2 which was incorrect. Still without my phone (Apple also failed to phone when arranged) Manager at o2 promised to phone back next day to see if issue resolved - that was 2 weeks ago. I could go on......"
"Would not allow me to fit a data cap on my business mobiles now my managers run up huge bills I cant control"
"We switched a corporate contract (45 phones) from EE a few months ago and we are really regretting it. The service is really poor - frequent dropped call, text messages and voicemails delayed by hours, voice calls which suddenly warp into almost comical deep, slow tones and an inability to send text messages using wifi calling. I have just tried to express my frustration to their customer services and got nowhere."
"Everything possible will not be going back too 02 ever again"
"Irresponsible and unprofessional network who doesn’t care about their customers. I was a loyal O2 customer for a long time. A few days ago, I upgraded my plan and kept everything the same. After the upgrade, my onscreen voicemail stopped working. I contacted O2 CS, after a long waste of time on the phone, they informed me that they made some changes, so it will take 24 hours to active this. The next morning I had no service. I tried calling my number and it was saying that the number doesn’t exist! I called this useless company again. They said, there is a techical issue with your number which will be resolved within 5 days. O2 must he absolutely mad thinking that they could get away with first switching me off because one of their unintelligent staff didn’t have a clue what he was doing, secondly instead of apologising and getting this resolved they told me that I would have to wait for 5 working days. I called them up after 3 days of not having my phone and told them to cancel my contact. I would never come back to this irresponsible company again and I will be making a complaint to the ombudsman and reporting them to watchdog. Avoid them, unless you want to be left without a phone one day."
"I had broken my phone and feared I had lost all my contacts and photos of my son. Not only were they able to give me a great deal but took the time to help me get my data back!"
O2 is rated 1.97 based on 244 reviews