O2 Reviews

20% of reviewers recommend O2

Tell us how O2 made you happy

Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Over a week
"Today I spoke with Ramajor from O2, his customer service was outstanding, he went above and beyond and i would happily deal with someone like this everyday. He was understanding of my needs, tried everything he could to offer me the best deal and thank you to his support I came away with a great deal and the phone I wanted. Highly recommend"
"02 is nightmare!! I changed to EE and EE is the best! I’m very happy with EE"
"After agreeing an upgrade over the phone with the upgrades team, I was shocked to find that my next months bill was far more than I had been quoted. I raised a complaint and was advised that I would be called by the complaints department within 5 days. I did not receive the call as promised, but I did receive an email stating that deals vary from day to day and that I was given the best deal that was available. BUT THIS WAS NOT THE DEAL THAT I AGREED TO. BEWARE OF MIS SELLING WHEN DEALING WITH THIS COMPANY"
"Worst network by far! Very misleading, I was told if I payed my bill in full today then I would have full service back with in 10 minutes but this didn't happen and when I called up to complain they told me it would be in fact 24 hours and that I should be patient and keep turning my phone off and on. When I call up it says my 10 minutes isn't up but its been well over an hour. The signal on the network is appalling there has been times when all connections have been down for all customers. I would advise everyone to avoid this network."
"The worse telephone mobile company and the worse process to get through customer service as you will need to call them nearly every day to complaint that you are paying for Data service but no reception at all. I wished to have checked these reviews back in October 2018 before passing to the worse company available 07/05/19 Just on the phone with them to complaint that since last week I have got NO data at all. The O2 staff confirmed that I haven't got internet since the 29th April but the 'great news' was that I'll have internet back from the 9th May 2019. Basically 10 days with no internet UNACCEPTABLE what kind of company has never left the customer with no internet for 10 days?!"
"Thiefs tried to make me pay 5 months even though i have been with them 3 months and the call centers are useless as yoy will call and try sort it out but they will repeat the same thing 6 times over because they wont listen to what you are saying"
"Would just like to personally thank Shelley Barnes at o2 customer service she resolved an issue today with my phones which I did not think was possible, it is sales advisors like you which makes me continue to stay with o2 as my network provider. Amazing job thank you so much."
"Awful customer service, I phoned to query a bill, not helpful at all. i will not be renewing my contract with 02. They don't honour promises made for example last month I was told there would be a 10 pound credit on the bill, apparently now they have no idea what i'm talking about. Awful, when I said I would be cancelling the woman on the phone said OK that's fine. So that's what I will do"
"No matter the problem, this team will fix it for you"
"Worst company I have dealt with in recent years, their gurus are far from guru status and they don't tell you the whole truth. Let me order a new phone saying their are no planned new phone releases and then low and behold after a couple of weeks they are advertising the new upgrade. Shame the lowest star rating is 1"
"Poor customer service and technical suppport. Roaming service is expensive but not working. Unable to access the voice mails and data speed is very slow. When phoned to get help while roaming for the fifth time, call was handle by an incompetent handler and refused to pass on to technical support. Complaint made and no response for over 2 weeks. when phoned advises that it was not escalated properly. Failures and multiple levels including the team handling complaints!"
"Have been with o2 for 4 years - you’d think they’d value your custom!! Alas NO!! Last year I called customer service to get a renewal option - some muppet in the call centre persuaded me to sign up for a 2 year contract with a Samsung J316 - WORST DECISION OF MY LIFE! I’ve had nothing but problems with this phone. As for getting good reception with o2 - forget it!! I want to opt out of this contract but don’t know how!😫😫😫 ."
"Still haven't corrected credit file from failing to change a payment date Charged a late fee and given just 50 pounds goodwill and they think that's ok I wouldn't mind but I pay them 3700 per year for all of my contracts You would think I'd get treated a little better than that wouldn't you ?"
"Absolutely disgusting. Happy to take my daughters order for an upgrade, tell her that they will send I final bill which never came, then sell on her bill to a debt collection agency. Why do companies do this. Worse thing she is now tied in for another two years with the new contract. O2 you are an utter disgrace. Guess after this contract you will lose a customer. But you won't be worried as there is always another nieve young person to rip off"
"Customer service the worst I’ve ever experienced. My son upgraded in store, which he has done several times. This time he ended up with his original phone number and a new number, so one phone but two contracts. This only came to light when o2 sent him a debt chasing letter for the new number he wasn’t aware of. Three separate calls to o2, all of which said something different. The third call lasted 1hour 35mins with a call handler who hadn’t a clue how to deal with it, spoke at a million miles an hour so couldn’t understand her, had to keep asking her to slow down. She kept putting me on hold while she went to ask other people. By the end of it all I was so stressed I felt nauseous. These people need training, properly. I would never recommend o2 to anyone."
"Terrible customer service. I was told by 3 employees I would not be charged when ending my contract after a specific date. They're now trying to change me for 2 months worth of usage despite the number being disconnected and not being used! Taking this up with the ombudsman, can't believe I'd been a customer for over 10 years and this is how they treat people."
"Poor customer service. I couldn't top up my own phone online and this is for a device not being a mobile phone. It's only a pay as you go. They suggest buying a voucher - no chance! I'll still not be able to top up and just wast £10. O2 sim going in the bin and new sim from EE ordered!"
"Failure to send bills meant a late payment on credit file when I left o2 , worst phone provider out there"
"Terrible Service. I am so disappointed with O2, and as soon as my contract is over I will be sure to end it entirely with them, I would never recommend O2 to anyone. They have random hidden charges, and they charged me £35 for 42MB for one day abroad, even though they have a service for £4.99 for data a day, but they do not inform you of this or even send a message to you so you can start the service because they obviously want to charge obscene amounts. Truly disappointed, counting the days till my contract ends. Wherever I can write a bad review about O2, I will be sure to, hoping prospective customers will think twice before they begin a contract with this overcharging company."
O2 is rated 1.94 based on 264 reviews