O2 Reviews

21% of reviewers recommend O2

Tell us how O2 made you happy

"Recently been scammed by Remote Games on my O2 bill and when contacted O2 initially, I have asked for a a bar be put on my account to avoid any further fraudulent billing. Had to call them again 3 days later as received a text to say I have had a premium service charges to my account so had to ring them again to be told that a bar wasn’t put on at all. Complaint set up and was promised that a member of the Complaints team was going to call within 24 hours and this did not happen as well. As I was out of the country for a few weeks I then have to email the complaints review team. They then accused me of signing up for the subscription service by entering my details and agreeing to the fraudsters T&C indirectly calling me a liar and did not provide any explanations on why they have failed to follow a few requests which they have promised me during my calls with them and their false advertising where they have 2 step verification system for their charge to mobile services and by working with a well known scammer when they promise in their website that they only work with trusted sellers. I have now got the Ombudsman involved. Please do not let allow this company to push all responsibility to you and ensure that you ask for a deadlock letter to get the ombudsman to investigate them."
"Just got 2 months line rental paid by O2 for as compensation for yesterdays let down call O2 now and get your compensation."
"Terrible call with customer services. Called up about a £100+ bill month on month to be hung up on when challeged why they tried quoting me (a non business customer) prices net of VAT. I then called back and spoke with a manager who told me nothing could be done to reduce the package and that they had setup a finance agreement in my name. Considdering its my wifes phone it is what it is but nobody has ever had confirmation from me directly which is therefore illegal to setup finance agreements in an individuals name without consent. Then told they will not reduce the 50GB package even considdering my wife has only used 6GB in total over the last 5 months In last month alone she used 327MB which is 0.6% of her allowance, they are still unwilling to alter the tarrif. This is an absolute disgrace! Terrible customer service and extreemy poor customer care. Also the fact that they are unwilling to reduce the package that is clearly well over what is needed is a joke!!! AVOID 02 at all costs!!!! 3 hours............ And they have cut off the account!! Back on the phone now to this terrible company!!!! Now 41 minutes into a call and they have informed me the complaints department have infoirmed it is physically impossible to reduce a tarrif as they system doesnt allow it!!!!!! This is is a complete lie!!! Now 52 minutes into the call and i have been told that it is not possible to get the bar lifted and that the best bet is i just call back on monday!!!!!!! What the actual F***!!!????!!! This is my wifes phone and we have recently had a baby 7 weeks ago and have three other children. 02 are quite happy to cut off my wife and leave her without a phone incase of emergency for the entire weekend. Not only does this business act fraudulently, lie and hang up on customers, they now have no care for safety of 4 children."
"Shocking so called company. It was time for my upgrade which took me about 3 hours to do online after 02 basically tried to get me to pay twice as much as I was already paying each month. I eventually got a deal but felt a bit unsure, the phone cost me £100 upfront but by the time the phone had been delivered I found out they were stitching me up so I took a deal elsewhere and used my 14 day cooling off period to cancel the deal. I sent the phone back immediately by registered post and the phone arrived the next day. I am now still 3 weeks later waiting for my £100 upfront cost to be refunded. Quick enough to take my money but im still waiting 3 weeks later to get it back, quite disgusting."
"Christine in head office when I rang the number 03448090202 was absolutely fantastic and lovely!"
"The staff are always very friendly and helpful. Any problems they sort it for upu"
"My daughter is a customer with o2 and inadvertedly exceeded her allowance for calls. She was given no warning of this but received a bill for £100 for a weeks' calls ( 50p for 3 second call, £8.00 for a 15 min call) she is given an alert if her data is exceeded, but not, it seems, phone calls. This is an unscrupulous and cynical money making scheme, but I doubt anyone feels any shame for causing financial hardship. She will be leaving this appalling company as soon as she is able to."
"Bad customer service I was trying to reduce my tariff Totally unhelpful!!!!!"
"I have to agree with the other reviews for some reason 02 have decided to follow in the footsteps of BT they have there sky high football right, 02 I have no idea why they are ripping there customers off but they are in over there heads paying for something or have just decided to be very greddy. This 3 year contract for the same price as what a 2 year contract used to be is just bizarre,They used to be a decent company to change over to if you wanted to keep 3 network honest but now even Carphone Warehouse struggle to make 02 competitive with just the other networks."
"After years with 02 I decided to change networks as they are very expensive. For over 2 weeks now my phone is still blocked to the 02 network so ive had no phone for work or mobile banking. They keep fobbing me of with blatant lies. They now tell me it will be another 7 days before they can send me a code to unblock my phone. Please do not use 02 they are the worst company I have ever dealt with."
"I and my family once had 7 monthly o2 contacts. When I upgraded o2 made an error (later accepted by their complaints review service - which by the way failed to even apologise!). This error resulted in continuous threats of court action and debt recovery agencies..... customer service was shocking to say the least and this took 6 months for o2 to admit fault and sole responsibility. Unsurprisingly, my family no longer have any business with O2..... However..... be advised that when you leave o2 they lock you out of your online account prior to the final bill being generated. Consequently, you have no idea how much is due to be refunded and the matter could be easily overlooked.... Be advised that the customer must APPLY in order to get a refund from o2. A deceitful policy and a procedure that clearly benefits o2 to the detriment of it's customers when accounts are closed. If you closed an o2 account you may want to check how much you are owed...... Appaulling customer service."
"I am with o2 since 2010 and coz of unpaid bill of £30 they disconnect my phone without a msg or email. This is what you get for being loyal. One thing is for sure, the moment my contract ends with o2 i am switching to some other network provider."
"Shocking customer service. Expected call backs never happened. Promises to get phone issues sorted but 3 weeks have passed and still nothing. Customer service assistants who are rude and unhelpful. Unable to pass security as I did not know current balance. Awful service. Would never go with them again and wouldn’t advise anyone to use them. Hours of my life wasted talking to people who say Hi I am here to make you smile and then can’t actually help!! Awful just awful."
"I have found out that o2 tell you what you want to here but don't honer what they say and they website needs looking at as they are false advising why they offer they are happy to take your money for there service but won't honer what they promice you would never trust o2 again as they are liars and cheats get you were they want you then turn you over"
"Terrible customer service. Touch screen on my Samsung galaxy s8 stopped working when under 4 months old. No damage to screen but phantom typing. Spoke to someone I was told that I would be sent a new phone. Instead sent a refurbished phone. When I was told to essentially be grateful. Still unhappy and they made me feel undervalued as a long term customer."
"One star is one too many!!! Seriously poor. When they can't answer your question, they hang up on you. This company illegally took payment from my bank and now they refuse to pay it back. AVOID THESE GUYS AT ALL COSTS - Next stop the ombudsman!"
"Only giving them 1 star cause i cant give them none.Terrible company and ive been a customer for over 13 years.Phoned up to pay off my device early and to see what my options were to lower my monthly costs only to go through the upgrade process and find out it was the wrong handset they had set up.Phoned back to cancel and set up a upgrade deal for the handset i wanted only to be told i need to wait 24hrs for the wrong handset to come back as returned.Phoned back the next day to be told it was still not marked as returned and again to phone back in 24hrs.Phoned back again to be told it wasnt marked as returned as first told and a notice of complaint had been issued and someone from the complaints department would phone me within 7 days.8 days past still nothing so phoned them back to be told once again the wrong handset was still not “returned” went through it all again and was again told complaints department would phone back but this time within 5 days.7 days then passed and still no phone call so finally phoned to cancel only to be put through to the complaints department (before i was told there was no direct line or couldnt be put through to complaints department) so spoke with someone with complaints in the morning and was assured to be phoned back in the afternoon 3 days passed and still no call back so phoned to proceed with the cancellation and move to another network.Will be glad to see the back of o2 after all this terrible way to treat customers"
"Garbage customer service and plan. I purchased a plan with international roaming. Called o2 numerous times and tried to get the data to work and their solution was to use wifi!!! What was the point of me getting the plan if it won't work? They refuse to give me a supervisor to talk to and they said it's part of my contact but won't tell me what they're referring to and blamed the network in Toronto and New York saying it must be down ... I was their for two weeks, doubt it was down that long. Either way 3 and ee were so much better by all means."
"Outstanding customer service at theTrowbridge o2 store from Ethan the team leader and Brad. Nothing was too much trouble for them helping me set up my new phone and transferring all of my information. The Trowbridge team made me feel welcome and were extremely efficient and helpful."
"Poor network connectivity. You get a better signal in the middle of knowhere and poor signal in city centre. Abysmal network in comparison to EE."
O2 is rated 1.99 based on 233 reviews