O2 Reviews

Review and raise up to £2.00
Daniel

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about O2 in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"I bought a sony experia xa1 ultra from a o2 shop and had it unlocked by o2 so that i could use my old sim card after a few months the phone developed faults and i sent it back to the o2 for repair, they repaired it but they had locked it back to their network i was not told that this would happen so i was not sure what was wrong with my phone when i received it back. After getting multiply codes from o2 to try and unlock my phone it ended up locking the handset and i can no longer use it as a phone i rang they up many times trying to get the correct code to unlock my phone and each time i was told a code would be sent to your email withing 72 hours or 7 days or within the hour and each time they never sent a code. They eventually sent me out a replacement phone but it was the wrong model so i sent it back for the correct model phone. They sent my out a damaged reconditioned phone with a pickle out in the centre of the screen. I rang them us spoke to a manager and they told my that they could not send me out another phone and that they could not send me out an unlatching code for my phone because it had never had a o2 sim in it and told my to fix it my self or speak to sony. all this was over 7-8 weeks of me being patient and waiting the times they said. Its the worst customer service i have ever had and would never be with o2 again and would never recommend they to any one."
"To purchase a phone with a guarantee that I will have service at my home location, all good to start with but then no signal unable to make or receive calls, originally was told no problems in area, finally after multiple enquiries from me I was told that there was a mast down and the engineers are working on it, for over 2 months now. I have missed important calls from hospital and other urgent messages calls dropping out. Then I finally got to talk a manager Julian a who explained all to me, she said that O2 do not guarantee coverage and that my calls were affected by my house as it was made of brick.... wow that's so efficient of her, specially as my problems were so erratic perhaps my house bricks change with weather, temperature, or for some other reason, fed up with being lied to misled and treated like an idiot, good old O2 least you made me laugh."
"moved my workplace and no O2 coverage, requested a pac and they want to charge me full price on my contract even though they can,t provide the service, joke of a company"
Emma
"They keep taking money fRom me for a service not used for 2 years!! Unacceptable."
"Have had so many issues, I can't be bothered to put them all here, but customer service is dishonest and unhelpful in my experience. Have switched between O2, Vodafone and EE over the last few years. EE weren't great, and Vodafone even worse, but O2 are one of the worst companies, let alone mobile providers, that I've ever used. Will leave my contract as soon as possible and go back to the lesser of all evils EE."
"I, Like the person below me, just took out a contract after being PAYG for years. Now, less than a month later, I'm being told of a price increase. Went to the chat and got quoted passages from theT's and C's. Also, when I went on the (suposedly) customer only community posts, I got bombarded by "you should read your contract" and "it's not O2's fault, everyone does it". I thought we'd left the days of sneaky price hikes. I negotiated a years contract and would anly expect an increase when that contract ends."
"Just taken out a 24 month contract not even in it a month yet and they are hiking up the cost! All the usual patter from customer services with "it's in the Ts & Cs". That does not make it right at all, like most people you budget for this and agree a price for the contract I don't appreciate being ripped off. It is about time Ofcom put a stop to this in contract price rises it is grossly unfair and even more so that you cannot reject it and cancel the contract without penalty."
"I was a customer for 7yrs! Finally plucked up the courage to leave only to be hit with a £100+ charge! Disgusting and disgusted- I wish the ombudsman would do something about rip off companies like this!!!"
"Dreadfully complicated to leave!"
"Can't speak to anyone.. wanted to start pay as you go with them. Wasn't able to top up nor speak to anyone about it. Don't know how they get customers!!!"
"As a customer I am getting more frustrated and unhappy with the service from O2, I was promised a call back from a manager last Thursday and I am still waiting! They have admitted that they have made an error with our account, an error that could have a lasting negative impact on our business, however the only response we have received is that it is not their company policy to put this right. Does anyone really think that this is acceptable customer service or is it simply that they do not care about their customers?"
Dr Farhan Tariq
"They offered me best mobile sim with mobile plan and completed the process without any problem. Best thing is that if I have to walk out of plan before completion, I only need to pay for my phone and that's it."
"STAY AWAY from this excuss for a company, i was treated like dirt, i am disabled,and through no fault of my own,they left me unable to use my phone for 5 days,this was severe case of treating your customers with contempt,then they tryed to blackmail me to stay with them, i kid you not"
"o2 are the pits, i never in my life seen or heard of any company as bad as them, there customer service must be run by dummys ,as they just are unbelievable in the stupid sense,they dont give a damn about there customers,its take it or leave it, STAY AWAY"
Anonymous And Annoyedpalme
Unverified Reviewer
"O2 are not interested in their customers. They only want their money and they are prepared to lie in order to get it. Avoid."
"O2 has the worst customer service I've ever experienced. Every customer service rep provides different, often contradictory, information. For instance, I had to call twice to cancel my service because I didn't trust that the first rep had actually done what I had asked. Good thing I did because the second rep informed me that my service had not been cancelled. Both reps peppered me with the same questions -- trying to sell me stuff when I could not have made it more clear that I wanted no futher business with the company, ever. And, sadly, that was one of the better interactions I've had..."
"This was the single worst experience of dealing with *any* company ever. The over-the-phone customer service, in-store customer service, and actual phone coverage in the UK is easily the most terrible contract that you can ever sign. If there was a setting on this website to give them negative stars, I would have put that. O2 is never a good idea."
"Customer service is absolutely dreadful, wanted to cancel a contract and was was waiting on hold on the phone for a long time. No one answered so I went to live online chat and the Assistant I was talking to was very incompetent telling me incorrect information and correcting himself, was no help and took ages to respond. I spent half an hour talking to this assistant and I literally gained nothing. Not first time I've had issues with the service when upgrading in the past. DO NOT GET A CONTRACT FROM HERE service is dreadful and prices are high, so much better service and deals with places like carphone warehouse and EE."
"Customer service are so un helpful, offering me a ‘discounted deal’ of £67 a month for the new iPhone X for a 5gb contract, will be buying out of my contract as soon as I sell my phone and moving to Vodafone who are offering 16gb for £56 a month. O2 have no idea what a ‘loyal customer’ is, nor do they try and keep them! Avoid like the plague."
O2 is rated 2.05 based on 175 reviews