Npower Reviews

4% of reviewers recommend Npower
10PM
10PM

About Npower: npower is one of the UKs leading energy companies providing gas and electricity to over 6 million customers.

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how Npower made you happy

Live Chat, Telephone, Email
2 minutes
Avg Email Response Time
"Don't touch them with a bargepole. I had a prepayment meter, moved out of a property with money still on the meter, and received a bill after one month because supposedly I hadn't send the meter reading, and the outstanding balance on the prepayment meter doesn't count! Thankfully I now live in a property without prepayment meter and supplied by another supplier."
Are you Npower? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Npower receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"AVOID AVOID AVOID!!! Staff agreed things in telephone conversations which were later denied so decided I would do everything via their online chat to which on one occassion after outlining why I was contacting them their advisor ended the chat without any warning or comment! Trying to put my payments up by £99 a month despite having agreed a lower fixed rate than what I was on. Complaints department won't listen to me anymore and despite emailing their CEO Paul Coffey (who doesn't reply except via his PA to say email passed to complaints department who have already said they wont enter into further communications on the matter!) I am not getting a response anymore. 14 years with them, no customer loyalty, would probably get listened to if I was a new customer! Time to change!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"avoid this company in all costs, I moved to my new property and the previous owner was using Npower. I was out of gas for 2 months because I didn't have top up card for pre-paid gas meter. I rung Npower more than 10 times with request to send me new card. First they said I can pick up the card from given address of the shops when i went there they didn't have any and it was waste of journey. Than I asked Npower to send me the new card but they never send me. Eventually I had enough of them and switched to British Gas. When I switched to British Gas, Npower started to harass me by sending letter and calling me and asked to pay the previous owner debts. I made complains 5 times over the phone, each time they denied saying they never received any calls from. It's very badly managed company and in total mess!"
"Avoid this company... I recently changed supplier and found the process of switching from NPOWER very frustrating. They were still charging me almost 4 months after I gave notice to switch. The complaints process is very antiquated. I was kept on the phone for almost 1 hour and 40 mins and passed through to 3 different people who refused to give me there name due to data protection !!! Really..."
"I have just been on the phone for over an hour with a lady named karen kays . Want to say a huge thankyou to her for taking so much trouble to help me . Thankyou karen .."
"Worst energy company around they don't turn up for appointments and try to refuse the £30 for not turning up they don't call unless it's for a reading they Don't answer calls when there's a problem and if they do they are rude to you their prices go up monthly even though you have a fixed plan I would not recommend them with my life"
"my smart meter was fitted on 25 october by Dan who was very polite and told us what was happening and how to use the energy display. it was done quite quickly and caused no problem for us."
"Smart meter installed 1/10/18. Did not work within 30 minutes of installation. Two appointments later and numerous telephone calls indoor device not reading correctly. Npower smart meter helpline totally dismissive and quite sarcastic"
"I moved to npower in July, one of the reasons I moved was warm home discount. Tried to claim it today, 22/10/18, even though I'm on a low income I do not meet npower criteria in one section. I have claimed with another company for the last three or four years, each company as it's own policy on this, next year will be leaving as ended up worst off instead of saving."
"The most incompetent company I have ever dealt with. The actually made more mistakes than I thought was even possible. Here's what happened: 1. In May I moved into a house, phoned the national meter line who said npower supplied the house. 2. Gave npower my opening reading and immediately requested a switch to another supply who were cheaper. 3. In June Npower tried to stop me moving to another supplier, when I asked why they said somebody in the office had requested that supply was switched from npower to npower which blocked my move to another company. Phoned up and they said they would sort it out. 4. In July I tried again to move to another supplier and they blocked it again saying I was in the process of moving to npower. Never once did I ask to switch to npower, I gave them my opening reading out of courtesy because they already supplier the property. 5. In August I wrote a complaint with all this info, they took 5 weeks to respond with a phone call to tell me everything was sorted. 6. In October I get a letter saying they are going to take direct debits from November from my account yet I haven't had a supply with them and I haven't had a bill so I don't owe them any money. 7. I put in a GDPR subject access request in July and they ignored it. To embarrassed to show me what data they hold. A complaint is now going to the ombudsman for the energy supply and to the ICO for ignoring the DSAR request."
"Complete waste of time. Make a complaint and even that’s fobbed off. Had trouble with this company for weeks. Arrange to have a meter fitted, they cancel twice. Had no gas Friday night, top up didn’t register, ring them to be told it can’t be sorted that night as it was to late for the registered shop to replace the card, got told they’d been open since 8am, basically telling me I should have rang earlier, just finished a 24hr shift, not all of us work 9 to 5, couldn’t get a shower that night, grandchildren were there and the house was cold. Hey ho they don’t care. Can not wait to move companies. Was told they’d ring me next day to make sure I’d got gas, the next day being Saturday, they’ve just rang me, Monday 4pm!!!"
"Been with them for 10 years but to them that don't matter your just a number Npower made an appointment with us to come and change our meters but on the day they didn't turn up and didn't even call us to say they can't make it my wife messaged them to say I could talk to them but they saying my wife never gave them permission to talk to me now they lieing to us saying there was no appointment arranged npower are the worst for customer services they will not sort out your problems even though it's their fault We are now changing companies because of this Would I recommend them for your energy supply like f**k would I I'd rather not have any please people change companies save all the Hassel with them"
"Customer centric workers"
"Bad experience as they overcharged me and when I asked for a refund they didn't respond to my queries."
"No one answers the phone waiting time 30mins any time of the day, even their live chat is queueing, get more staff to answer the phones. They have a cavelair attitude, they know that we need to speak to them as that is the only way to get anything done, but they make it as awkward as possible, I am overpaying by 30% for no real reason gettting a refund every quarter why has that been set up except that Npower have more of my money than they need, outrageous, and if you dont want to hang on you can get a call back , in two days!!!"
"Extremely expensive!!!!!"
"Appalling customer service. Been attempting to resolve a gas meter issue for 10 days now. No response to email, 30 minute wait on phones and no response from Live Chat having waited for over 10 minutes. We are unable to submit a reading until someone contacts us. Wish that we had never left our previous provider."
"In this world of instant communication why do I have to wait 24 hours for npower to contact me to correct a mistake they have made? Even the instant chat on line is useless. I have so far waited 30 minutes for chat now on line. (CHAT NOW?). I am a new customer just starting with npower today. Not at all impressed with terrible customer support."
"My Partner recently joined Bulb and used another members code from here! He has just received the £50 free credit!! No other provider was offering By using someone elses code you get £50 automatically once fully set up He is offering £75 if you sign up using his code £50 from Bulb and £25 from the £50 he gets So £75 off your first bill!! The code is below: refferal75gbp.tk"
"just about everything and after three long phone calls and email to complaints still no response Would have rated zero if it was possible Still waiting their reply after over three weeks"
Npower is rated 1.16 based on 257 reviews