Npower Reviews

Npower have a Customer Happiness Grade of C-. Customers are happy with their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

3% of reviewers recommend Npower
04AM
4AM
Live Chat, Telephone

How would you rate Npower ?

"My Partner recently joined Bulb and used another members code from here! He has just received the £50 free credit!! No other provider was offering By using someone elses code you get £50 automatically once fully set up He is offering £75 if you sign up using his code £50 from Bulb and £25 from the £50 he gets So £75 off your first bill!! The code is below: refferal75gbp.tk"
"just about everything and after three long phone calls and email to complaints still no response Would have rated zero if it was possible Still waiting their reply after over three weeks"
"Below is an open letter I sent to Npower today. Needless to say they’re awful. Dear Npower, RE: How to treat your customers I am writing this letter to you whilst sat in my house with your Engineer. He's a lovely guy, he is. A credit to your business (GO NPOWER!). He came here to check out my (possible) my faulty meter, which in the last month, has seen me experience an increase to my electricity bill of 50%. The meter didn't show any apparent fault and so to help me keep an eye on my electricity usage and also try to spot where the fault is coming from, a smart meter was recommended. I was all for this as I'd already been told, incidentally, by someone who worked for you that we would be a great match for a smart meter (check your call records). He's now been here 2 hours and we've achieved zilch. Nada. Nowt. Well, hang on that's not fair. We have achieved something. We (collective sense), have wasted our time and resources and you've also managed to really 'F' me off. To cut a 120 minute story short, (I say short, it hasn't felt like it, especially whilst you're trying to entertain two under 5 year olds). I had an Engineer in my house who was ready and able to fit the Smart Meter which was sat in his van on my drive, however, the powers that be would not rubber stamp the installation. The reason being? I'm not eligible. Cue ringing you (yup, whilst the engineer was in my house) and being on hold for 25 minutes. Did I mention I had two young kids to entertain too? Fortunately, they chose the optimum time to poo in the toilet and also fill a nappy. I like to think of it as a physical reflection of my day. #livingthedream Inbetween cleaning poo, throwing random bits of buttered toast their way and just allowing my eldest to climb out of the living room window (groundfloor...), I got through to you! I explain and I'm told 'no'. Cue hold again. I'm then told that I can have one but I couldn't possibly have one today. Wait for it - you're gonna like this bit! I NEED AN APPOINTMENT! Yup. I need to book for Engineer to come to my house. Oh the irony. So, through gritted teeth the appointment is made. Oh wait, hang on. You then realise you need to cancel this appointment? Was it because you had an epiphany moment realising that this was, quite frankly, bonkers. Alas not. I'm told that I'm incorrectly registered on your database as being on a two rate meter. You need to update the system before you can make me an appointment and that's gonna take about a week to do. Then I'll be able to make an appointment to book an Engineer to install the smart meter (#letsjustforgetabouttheengineerinmydrivewithoneinhiscarnowbecausethatwouldbestooooooooopid) (FYI - this "#" is a representation of how I feel as your customer.) Oh, one more thing. I just wanted to extract your Core Values from your website. Titled "npower Critical Behaviours" 1. Customer First, "Getting it right for our customers" - CHECK 2. Driving Performance, "Delivering on our promises" - CHECK 3. Focus, "Prioritising where time and resources are spent" - CHECK There's a couple more. 4. Challenge, "Improving the outcome by giving and receiving ideas" 5. Accountability, "Giving and taking responsibility for our actions" I'm looking forward to seeing how you achieve the last two. Yours sincerely, Just one of your worthless customers"
"I got a cheque in my old surname then rung them up to change it or get some help how to sort it then they told me on the phone that they can put the money in my account 3- 5 working days , I know it was the bank holiday so everything was messs up . But it should be in today which is Friday but it has not gone in yet , I will ring them at 8am in the morning if not sorted out I don't know what to do please help"
"Every single week I have issue with the accounts department. (We have many clinics, they supply electricity).Event you did a payment, anyway I receive a disconnection letter. Then you call them they asking many of the security questions and transferring to other teem to confirm about payment receive and then again security questions. Never ever switch to N POWER!!!!!!"
"Worst Company ever to deal with, stay away and save the hassle...."
"It took them months to finally send me a bill but that was not correct, over the next couple of months I received nearly 15 different bills and threatening letters. I then managed to speak to someone who apparently gave me the correct amount to pay, once paid I was told the acccount was closed. A month later more and more bills started to come again. In all I received well over 20 bills, 10 different amounts to pay and also affected my credit rating. I have sent this to the energy ombudsman to help try and sort out. Resolution was disappointing, £75 rebate and a letter of apology."
"Would rate them 0 Ripped me off won’t give me my money and won’t get back to me."
"The most shambolic company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. Even the seemingly simple matter of setting up a new tariff has been beyond this company .To add insult to injury I also received a letter saying that they has looked into recent bills which were " incorrect" and they would be sending a further bill - even though I had paid in full every quarter. I have now received the additional bill comprising of approx. 29 pages - and the sum requested was 1Penny ! Avoid. Avoid."
"there a shambles, no matter what time of the day you call 40 minutes to get through, online chat takes 20 minutes plus to get to an advisor billing is a shambles, totally incompetent"
"Why do you have to award a star when no star is warranted. Npower must be the worst energy company that's ever existed. Their customer service dept is as much good as a chocolate fire guard. I've complained about the same issue for very nearly 2 years and nothing as changed. This is definitely the worst company I've ever had to deal with. It's never their fault but they're always sorry, easily said but in my opinion not meant. As I said ...... 1☆ is far above what they're entitled to, which I could award NO STAR."
"Npower are crooks and charlatans. They sign you up to a reasonably priced tariff and after a month or so they more than double it and rip you off mercilessly. I think this is their business model. Get new customers,rip then off until they have enough and leave,and repeat. I advise everyone to stay away. I live in a one bedroom flat and my monthly cost went from £40 to £100 a month. Considering a never use the electric heating and use minimal appliances it's blatant theft. For contrast OVO energy now charge me £45 a month and I'm not overusing energy of going above my tariff. Do yourself a favor. AVOID. AVOID. AVOID."
"Massively over charged. Basically crooks. Stay well away."
"Check your bills! I live alone in a one bed flat out all day and my direct debits were £80 a month and constantly owing them money! I went through all my bills and my monthly energy usage costs I found that my bills did not match the cost of usage I was using and they were clearly plucking a random higher figure our the air so I was overpaying and STILL saying I owed money Never again... do not use them"
"The worst company I have ever used! They couldn’t ever take my accounts over, even though they told me they did! This left me with a bill of £500 from another company. They agreed to compensate £425, (this was never paid) I was on the phone for many many hours, they now ignore my calls and have been waiting 8 months for a final response and they haven’t bothered. Extremely unethical company and I would avoid them! They are also very expensive. There customer service is poor, and takes hours just to get through on the phone! And when you do get there they can’t resolve anything. Their resolutions mean nothing as they do carry out their very on resolutions. AVOID AVOID ADOID"
"AWFUL EXPERIENCE! I moved flat , closed the account and the sent me my final bill which was double what i normally pay. I WILL NOT BE RECOMMENDING THIS SUPPLIER TO ANYONE!!!!!!"
"Rang with final meter reading, Npower totally ignored and issued a bill for more usage then we use in a whole year. Rang again, gave actual reading again, was told that a new bill will be issued. Now two weeks later have received a red letter demanding payment for the original overstated amount or they will cut us off!! Rang again to be told that the billing department hadn't updated the reading! Completely incompetent customer service, it is an absolute joke. This has been on going since April, we are now at the end of June."
"their communications are SO bad. it seems deliberate so no one can argue with them while they send threatening letters with bailiffs very quickly apparently in 2012 they were found to be terrible and warned today it is still dreadful even paying them is a pain in the neck so will tell everyone how bad its been"
"NPower could not calculate a final bill sending out numerous different bills. Couldn’t ring to query as was on hold for over an hour. Can’t emphasis enough how much people need to avoid this shambolic business"
"Have just switched to Bulb and so far this has been very simple. Only took a few minutes to make the switch and it will save me £25 per month on my dual fuel bills (compared to the previous provider). Communication has been excellent so far and the fact that all the energy is renewable is a great bonus.use my link and get 75 welcome bonus witch bulb just copy and past quote its free and only 2 min refferal75gbp.tk"
Npower is rated 1.13 based on 239 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!