NK Lofts Ltd Reviews

Live Chat, Telephone
Read NK Lofts Ltd Reviews

info@nklofts.co.uk

More Photos & Videos
We are extremely happy with our full width dormer loft conversion. We have found NK lofts to be a very professional company, they made the whole experience very easy. Communication and the follow up support has been just as good. Special thanks to Darryl and Corey for all there hard work. We would have no hesitation in recommending NK Lofts.
Nk lofts were professional and friendly from initial quote through the build. We now have an amazing loft. Thanks
I contacted NK Lofts after our initial builder and architect both let us down. I was incredibly impressed from the moment I engaged with NK Lofts: Keith called me almost immediately to understand our situation and spent over 30 minutes on the phone with me. Keith offered to look over the drawings produced by our previous architect and called me back to discuss them at length: all of this was done completely free of charge. Keith quickly confirmed, as we had suspected, that the previous plans would not conform to building regulations and John visited to discuss what was possible with our loft conversion in a very timely manner, particularly given how busy they were. Their recommended architect, Mark, then visited and drew up plans that included far more than we ever thought we could achieve (two large bedrooms and a bathroom as opposed to one smaller en-suite bedroom). Mark and his team accommodated everything we asked for, answered all our questions, and persevered for a significant period to get our plans approved. The significant extra work carried out was done so at no extra cost to us.

In the interim, NK Lofts were incredibly patient and flexible whilst we were working to get planning. Once planning was approved, the build began very quickly, and we were impressed with the organisation of the project. Shane and his team were professional, respectful and completed the job to a high standard. They also demonstrated creative problem solving and perseverance, often live on the build, to ensure all our ideas could be accommodated: our vision would not have been possible without their can-do attitude. There will always be moments of tension when strangers are working in your home for several weeks/months, but we can honestly say that the build team and the contractors were all friendly, respectful and generally very tidy.

No build is perfect, but to us the measure of a company is how they deal with things when they don’t go as smoothly as hoped, and NK Lofts have always dealt with any issues excellently. We have always received very rapid replies to all correspondence, with particular thanks to Tracy, and we have found the customer service to be excellent. We’d also like to mention Nick’s snagging work, which is second to none. Overall, we believe NK Lofts have given us a high quality, great value loft conversion and we would certainly recommend them to others: in fact we have already had a couple round to look at NK Lofts work who we believe have since proceeded, and our next door neighbours are due to have their loft converted by NK Lofts in Nov/Dec.

Many thanks for everything, Chris and Claire.
The service provided by NK Lofts has been outstanding from start to finish. Unlike others who tendered, they listened to our requirements for our loft conversion, is a took them on board and when changed - albeit only slightly, they were very accommodating. All of the workforce was great throughout and we are delighted with the new space they have produced. I can thoroughly recommend NK Lofts.
I did a fair bit of research on which company to engage to do my loft conversion, the reviews from NK lofts spoke volumes, so I contacted NK lofts and Keith/Nigel came out and we had a chat to go over the plans, they proposed some changes to what my architect drew up after engaging their own architect, I got a quote with a breakdown and accepted.

The work started 12 months later (this was due to other works taking place at the house). The team on site did a fantastic job, for the first 5/6 weeks it seemed like nothing substantial had happened, this was due to the steel beams going and other structural changes. On the 6th week, the staircase went in and everything just took off rapidly, the team worked very hard and were lovely to have around the house.

The end result was better than I had anticipated, I made some late changes notably adding extra's such as additional electrical works and fitting out the bathroom, NK Loft's accommodated these changes without any fuss and overall operate on a trust model, I kept up my end of the contract which was to pay them on time as per the contract and they delivered as promised.

If I could do it all over again I would change nothing, I would employ them again in a flash and would have no hesitation in recommending them or showcasing their work for any potential clients.
NK Lofts Ltd 5 star review on 28th October 2019 NK Lofts Ltd 5 star review on 28th October 2019 NK Lofts Ltd 5 star review on 28th October 2019 NK Lofts Ltd 5 star review on 28th October 2019 NK Lofts Ltd 5 star review on 28th October 2019 NK Lofts Ltd 5 star review on 28th October 2019 NK Lofts Ltd 5 star review on 28th October 2019 NK Lofts Ltd 5 star review on 28th October 2019 NK Lofts Ltd 5 star review on 28th October 2019
Baffled by all the good reviews for this company. I can only assume they didn't like me. They failed to follow both the architects and structural engineers plans. My staircase is not fitted correctly and is loose. The quality of workmanship throughout is appalling, The plaster boarding and plastering is the worst ive ever seen let alone worst ive had done. Its cracked, blown and falling off. Its wonky and bumpy. Door linings are crooked and out of plumb, as are most of the new walls, floors and ceilings. The skirting boards and architrave as a knock effect are also nothing short of shoddy. And apparently a VERY POOR pebble dash wall is exactly the same as a tyrolyne render wall?!? the company refuses to do anything and has added costs to my bill that im not even aware of. Dont be fooled by the use of the word "Perfect" Its anything but.. A DISGRACE AND THE RESPONSE "we accept NO liability"
We picked NKLofts are seeing the great job they had done on a Loft conversion for friends of ours. We were not disappointed by how they accommodated our requests within the existing possibilities, the professional implementation and quality of work done. At all times, they tried to ensure that our desires/requests could be fulfilled. So without hesitation we would highly recommend NKLofts for Loft conversions.
We discovered NK Lofts on the web and found them to be very professional and friendly. Having had a previous architect involved who turned out to be rubbish, NK sent their own architect round to review and over alternative suggestions which made it into our chosen design - some of these obvious that our original architect completely missed.

The build team lead by Mick, along with Michael and Mo were fantastic! Such a great bunch to have around the house offering explanations and advice around all aspects of the build. Chris the plasterer did a great job finishing off, even the scaffolders had the same friendly approach at the beginning and end.

Little snags right at the end were very quickly fixed by Nick who gave up time on a Saturday afternoon to fix an urgent problem.

The quality of the final build is superb and truly reflects the professionalism and craftmanship employed by the whole firm. Their attention to detail and excellent customer service can seem rare today, but these guys excell in this area.

From intial quotes through the to the very end they have been excellent. Would recommend them without any shadow of doubt.
They were extremely helpful and open to discussion regarding our loft extension and garage conversion from the very beginning. Even when changes were needed or concerns raised there were no arguements and they were more than happy to review and help accommodate. The quality of the work looks fantastic and we’ve had many lovely comments from neighbours. They were tidy, punctual and had great communication. Highly recommend.
Well what an adventure we've had! Most thought we were completely off our heads converting our bungalow to what is now a beautiful house (Grand Designs...eat your heart out!) Being in our middle 70s we did have reservations about the scale of the build and possible disruption which, at our ages, most could not hope to cope with. But along came NK Lofts who turned out to be our `Guardian Angels' They were with us every step of the way and followed our plans (dreams) to the letter, giving helpful advice, encouragement and much humour along the way...there is no possibility we could have achieved this without their help, skill and expertise...all totally amazing guys....from building construction to plumbing and electrical work. Their architect/structural expert, (Mark) was also extremely helpful, during the planning stage. He took up our new ideas, changes to plan; and therefore had to re assess the structural aspect on loadings etc...brilliant

We were fortunate to have found NK Lofts through the `Internet' a complete stroke of luck!. From the commencement of the build to completion, they were fantastic. We took a real flyer, for relied on their customer recommendations, whom we rung or visited.....all were full of praise for the Company. Nick being the project manager was highly skilled and took us through the build, step by step and due to his vast experience was able to offer advice and ideas, which was invaluable. Other NK Lofts personnel were on site on occasions and it was a pleasure to have them with us, always polite, helpful and careful. NK lofts is a highly professional family run company; although expanding, never lose sight of the importance of their customers and continue to maintain their standards that made them successful. We have absolutely no hesitation in recommending NK Lofts and say they are worth waiting for. An honest efficient Company...a rarity in today's world
Absolutely fantastic job done by Mick and his team. Would thoroughly recommend NK Lofts to anyone and have been singing their praises to anyone who will listen!
We were absolutely delighted with our loft conversion, carried out by Shane and Cameron - and a big thank you to Keith, Nigel and Tracey for running such a smooth project. Everything turned up on time (skip, scaffolding, electricians, plasterer etc) and the work was carried out to a very high standard. The conversion has made a huge difference to our house and we would have no hesitation in recommending NK Lofts for your project. We love our new room!
The quality of work and attention to detail was of a high standard. The workmen were really helpful and nice to have around for the 6 weeks it too to complete the conversion. I’m really happy with the finished article and would definitely recommend NK Lofts to anyone considering having this done. Thank you!
We are absolutely delighted with our loft conversion and cannot fault the work in any way. Mick, Nigel, Keith, Tracy and their colleagues all were a pleasure to work with and extremely efficient, polite and helpful with all our questions from start to finish. The works ran to time, Mick and his colleagues were punctual every day and very respectful of our house and working alongside our young children. We would wholeheartedly recommend the team and their expertise, quality of finish and dedication to doing a good job.
Having never experienced any form of building/extension work I was dubious as to "who to use/trust" etc. as I have seen too many "Cowboy Builder" television programmes....... If you are reading this review then I'm guessing you are in the same predicament or just generally researching NK Loft's reputation before proceeding with your extension......LOOK NO FURTHER......

GO WITH NK LOFTS.... You will NOT be disappointed!!!

The whole team are professional, polite and efficient. Nigel, Karl and Mick arrived day one and were immediately approachable with ANY concerns we had. Everything was explained fully alleviating any doubts. Nigel would pop in from time to time to liaise, but Karl and Mick were hands on throughout with exceptional attention to detail. They are both immediately likeable, conscientious, punctual (even in the snow, travelling far a field), polite, patient (especially with the children)..... the list goes on. I can not recommend these guys enough as they truly have made our loft conversion experience a "one to remember".

More thanks go to the team we never met but still played an intrinsic role from start to finish.... Keith and Tracy. All emails were either responded to the same day (time permitting), otherwise without fail the next day. They too were polite and professional and just made the whole process run smoothly. Hats off to ALL of you and......

......THANK YOU!

The Ogilvie's
NK Lofts Ltd 5 star review on 6th June 2018
The result from NK Lofts was everything we wanted. It was an ambitious project and we encountered numerous challenges, but the relationship never soured. Keith, Nigel, Neil and Mick were there all the way, even returning months later to fix something. They were cheerful, determined and professional in delivering a transformed loft space with Bedroom, Study and Bathroom. Thank you!
NK Lofts were the Main Contractor in a Major Project to redesign the 2nd Floor of our House (including dropping Ceilings), Rendering the Outside of the Building (seperate Contractor) & the addition of a 3rd Floor incorporating a Loft Conversion. My 1st sincere thanks go to Keith, Nigel, John, Shane & Grant & all the Back Office Staff (especially Tracy for putting up with my inane ramblings throughout the Project without complaining once) for even taking the Job on in the 1st place. We were told by many it couldn't be done!!! Not only did they accept the challenge & attack it with gusto, we have now had neighbours who were also told that it couldn't be done on our house style round to see & enthusiastically enquiring as to how we did it. Secondly, being a Project Manager Myself, due to the size & complexity of this & Co Project with various other Companies & Tradesmen all working together & (in some cases) across each other from the same access points, this was never ever going to be a pain/stress free Project; the difference is in how the Challenges were met, tackled, worked round & (ultimately) solved to the point where my Wife & I are over the moon with the result of all this hard work, from everyone involved. Every requirement & deliverable we insisted on was met or exceeded & we would recommend NK Lofts to anyone (& have been especially those in the immediate vicinity who have seen the result) & are more than happy to act as Reference Property to Keith, Nigel & the Team at any time going forward. Our sincere thanks again for a job really well done.
NK lofts did a fantastic job from start to finish. Every individual on the job was a credit to the company, the two main builders Darryl and Brad worked tirelessly throughout going above and beyond what was required during the entire process, and I am absolutely delighted with the outcome. A superbly professional job, I cannot thank them enough for their work and the results!
We decided to use NKLofts to build our extension on the basis of reviews like this one and we have no regrets. They were extremely well organised and hard working. My 90 year old mother continued living in the downstairs while the work was going on above and they were very respectful and considerate towards her. They were always ready to discuss any concerns we had regarding the build and we are very happy with the result. We have recommended NKLofts to friends who are planning similar work.
Very professional service. Loft conversion built with minimal disruption to rest of house, builders were very good. Best plumbers and electrician i have ever used. Additional works carried out to very high standard as well. Would not hesitate to recommend and already have!
NK Lofts Ltd is rated 4.94 based on 65 reviews