Nissan Reviews

13% of reviewers recommend Nissan

How would you rate Nissan?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

Malcolm Jones
"Good solid service sales know what they are doing and perfect aftersales"
"Bought a 63 juke ntec from main dealer. Owned it for only a few months. Drove it less. Spent most of its time in the garage. Service not good. Have since sold at a loss and vowed never to buy Nissan again, cheap garbage."
John_norman21@btinternet.com
Verified Reviewer
"Purchased a bran new Nissan X Trail. The car is great to drive, but the rear camera has become loose. Had massive problems with the dealership refusing to repair under warranty. Nissan Customer service very poor, treated badly by the Case manager. Complained several times, they have refused point blank to repair the fault camera under warranty. They have asked me to pay £600 for a new one. Please, do not buy Nisan, I have huge regrets. The customer services are tough, unhelpful and have shown no care for me at all. Does anybody know who can help ? I am upset by the way I have been treated."
"Poor service, failure to honour warranty, dealer incompetent, Nissan worse. I had a very reliable Xtrail for 9 years but the Note I bought was a disaster, I will never buy another Nissan."
"Awful service, car was brand new needed anew gear box after 1 year. Took 5 weeks to repair and broke down within 3 hours of getting it back. The recovery guy said that the car engine has been put back so badly if the wires had touched on the battery it would have caused a severe accident. They are not bothered about helping....Complaint is still on going"
"Cars are OK and innovative. Its the customer service of main dealers these days that is abysmal. We bought a new Nissan in 2017 and they dont want to see us for a year!!! No checks to make sure everything is OK on the car after a few thousand miles. No interest at all once they have your cash. Our dealings were with Lincolnshire dealers. The staff were very nice but the management are snotty and have no real interest in customer service as they look down their noses at you. Not quite as bad as the atrocious FORD these days but getting there. I wouldnt buy another that's for sure. I'd rather cycle then have to deal with ignorant jackasses."
Paul Wells
"Great car and service"
"They treat you like you are a beggar when you ask for assistance. They play stupid games with customers and pass you about from one person to another. Their customer service amounts to a team of lawyers to discourage you and assure them that you don't have any legal claim for reimbursement or assistance no matter the issue. I drove a Nissan for a year and a half. The engine light started coming on. I dumped it because I couldn't get assistance with out paying a lot of money for a car that was only a year old. I lost money on it because Nissan's don't hold their value. I would never buy another Nissan. There is absolutely no reason to buy a Nissan. They don't honor their own warranties. They are a sorry company with inferior cars and absolutely no customer service."
Deborah Harris
Verified Reviewer
"After 4 visits to fix noises from engine of qashqai 1.2t I contacted nissan for help to diagnose. They were just defensive, in denial and didn't attempt to help at all. Furthermore the customer service rep was rude - no customer service at all. No use to help resolve an issue"
"My 2016 Nissan Navara np300 broke down 25th july 2017 and was recovered to local Nissan dealer. The vehicle has been with the dealer for 26 days as I write this.I have received one phonecall as an update from the local dealer in this period. I have had no courtesy vehicle while my vehicle is being repaired. After a complaint to Nissan UK about this Nissan contacted me on Thursday 17th August informing me i would be getting a hire car from europecar delivered to the local dealer that evening or next morning for me to use.They also informed me my own vehicle would be ready Friday or Sat morning. No hire car arrived at local dealer so on Saturday morning I went to local dealer to get an update on the repairs to my vehicle and help sort the hire car out. The person at the service desk had not be dealing with my case but was able inform me the part was here but would be at least another couple of days,He nipped back into the workshop to ask the mechanic to explain the problem with my vehicle. The mechanic was able to take a picture on his phone to show me the male to female connection on the wiring loom was totally corroded. He contacted NIssan UK who informed him that there was an open case on my vehicle but there was no case manager available to authorize a hire car for myself and I would have to wait until Monday morning. So by Monday morning Nissan will have had 1 day short of a month to deliver on their customer promise to keep me mobile while my vehicle is service or repair. And should "The pick up for work and play, Tough as always and smarter than ever" really be off the road 1 month of every year of ownership."
"Nissan customer service is a joke! I was the proud owner of a navara d40 antiI i found out I was driving my 2 young sons about in a death trap the chassis wat rotten that bad you could literally push holes in it with your fingers. After an inspection at nissan thay put it down to a manufacturer error and as it was still under warranty thay would make me an offer on it. I then had to wate 2 weeks just to get the offers back! I rang nissan several times just to get the same anser...we don't no y it's taking this long to get the offers back. Bare in mind I had bin without transport 3 weeks now and nissan was not prepared to give me any sort of transport an till the offers came back. Anyway then nissan had to send me the paperwork out for me to sign and send my v5 back Sounds pritty simple doesn't it. Well nissan must off had its best employees working on my case to start with thay sent the letter to the wrong address now I did manage to get hold off the letter and I filled it out popped my v5 in and posted it back. I then receive a phone call a WEEK later telling me that the address on the letter doesn't match the address on my v5 so it's no good and would have to be sent out again!!! At this point I had bin without trasport for 5 weeks I was super stressed out and losing money everyday. Anyway the next letter thay apparently sent me never turned up so I gave nissan a ring and I had snapped at this point I couldn't believe how a company like nissan could make such a balls up off something so very simple and drag it out this long it came very clear to me that nissan does not give a shit about its customers. Anyway I did receive a 3rd letter which I sent back recorded delivery and I was told that the money would be in my bank today and I've just bin bank and suprise suprise no money.I don't think thay understand how much thay mess with your life!!!!! So like I said nissan customer service is a JOKE"
Peter Wilson
"Quickly organised, helpful and supportive all through process price and discounts excellent."
"Terrible customer service after my 3year old quashqui plumbed blue smoke ,delivered to nissan of Chelmsford , without looking at the car they diagnosed it needed a complete new engine (the car is 3 years old ) so nissan customer service manager called me to say I need to pay between £7500 and £8000 for a complete new engine. I asked what exactly was wrong with the car and the reply was "I don't know as I am not a car person" and "my hands are tied" beyond a joke I was treated very very badly .Would never have anything to do with Nissan or Nissan customer service."
John Holmes
"Purchase of an electric car, Nissan Leaf. Lookers Chester did everything they could to make my first 'new car' purchase as 'painless as possible'. They communicated each day to update me and reassure me. Driving my new car is a pleasure and has reinvigorated my love of driving, especially as I don't have to visit a garage for petrol anymore."
Allistair Bell
Verified Reviewer
"Bought a 2012 Nissan Juke DIG-T. Only 47000 miles on it. Failed MOT dues to steering rack (apparently a known problem) Cost for a new one £600. Now Faulty Timing Chain, cost to repair £1700. Nissan Customer services will not support as it does not have a full Nissan Service history. Last Nissan I will Buy"
"Sent 5 emails, every automated reply is "someone will contact you" six weeks later still nobody has. Minor compliant, easily rectified, but now infuriated with lack of customer care. Avoid a Nissan"
"Customer service non existent. Promise call backs that never materialise. Their Dealership network charge the earth per hour and have no idea half the time what the problem is. Their sense of urgency is appalling. Their sense of pride and customer satisfaction is sadly lacking."
"All new cars can break down but it's the customer service that makes the difference! Poor poor poor!"
"Do Nissan ever read these reviews I think not but if they do Leila I'm still waiting for your call. I"
"Multiple visits to main dealer to investigate engine warning light over a number of months on my then 1 year old Nissan Note. Garage found different solutions most times which meant the problem went away for a while only to return. Now over 2 years old and all i have asked for was that Nissan GB would provide cover for this particular issue beyond standard 3 years. Customer services declined to offer any help, not even a discount on an extended warranty plan. Feel have no option but to sell the car. Last Nissan ever. Speaks volumes that every review is 1 star."
Nissan is rated 1.44 based on 32 reviews