Nicholls Online Reviews

of reviewers recommend Nicholls Online
Read Nicholls Online Reviews

About Nicholls Online:

Nicholls is a long standing family business, trading since 1925. Our three department stores, based in the beautiful Welsh market towns of Abergavenny, Brecon and Crickhowell, boast an eclectic mix of products - offering menswear, womenswear, country and lifestyle clothing, footwear, jewellery, accessories, furniture, home fragrance and unique, interesting items to inspire you when buying gifts for your loved ones.

nichollsonline@wmnicholls.co.uk

Mandy Eldred-Tyler
Nicholls Online 4 star review on 18th July 2016
Sheila Margaret Clark
More Photos & Videos
Initially I was quite disappointed with not having the option of paying for a quicker delivery option as the gift I was buying was for a particularly important anniversary (which I explained in my emails) However due to the current circumstances it was understandable so I ordered anyway and knew the gift would be a little late. When it arrived it was the wrong bracelet, not only the wrong item but also cheaper than what I had paid which was very disappointing. I emailed and left a voicemail, and after calling a few times further I managed to speak to someone who I really don’t feel had great customer service skills, as when I was disappointed to hear it could take a week to receive a replacement I was then just told it was fine to go buy the item at another place I had found. I would have done this however I would have then had to wait until I could return the incorrect item before I could get my refund, as well as paying for the item elsewhere. I decided to wait for the replacement which did arrive very quickly and I was very appreciative of this and emailled my thanks. However I still have to inconvenience of having to return the wrong bracelet, when I’d rather avoid having to visit a post office at the moment, so I will have to return when able, within the extended returns period.
Ordering went well and delivery was fine but the incorrect product arrived, chose not to return this item as it was very similar to the one ordered and didn’t want the hassle of returning. When something is ordered you should at least expect to get the correct item, not a good advert for Nichols online
Ordered coat in XL and was sent XXL. When I spoke to customer services I was told they don’t stock XXL so they couldn’t have sent me that one. When I assured them they had, I was asked if was much too big for me and implied I should keep it.
Won’t be using again!
Purchased a joma bracelet at £17.99 with free delivery. When item arrived it had a price sticker if £15.99 so obviously there was no free delivery as it had just been added to the standard selling price. Surely misrepresentation
Bought some Barbour boots. Not the same colour as the photos online. Much more tan than brown. Also, lots of marks and scratches on the boots.
However, delivery was quick and returning was simple.
Whilst the dispatch was quick, unfortunately, Nicholls Online is not so fast to reply to an email sent to them on 17/5/19 querying the guarantee on a Radley watch. I'm still awaiting a response and therefore the star rating is poor.
Ordered an Olivia burton watch for over £90 and paid extra for gift wrap. Item arrived in a plastic bag and a Nichols bag within that. The plastic bag clearly provided very little protection during transit and the bag is very bashed and damaged. Disappointed as I now have to rewrap the watch
Store is great ,i frequently visit both Crickhowell and Abergavenny. I usually go to your restaurant, food is good and presented nicely. However the service is very slow.
Twice in recent weeks i have had to chase up my order,1st time i had to wait 40 mins for breskfast items.
Yesterday 4th May i was with my mam,we ordered coffees, cake and a chicken wrap.30 mins later i had to ask a member of staff where my food was, only to be told that there was a problem with the system and my order didnt go through.
I couldn't wait any longer so left and paid for the coffee and cake.
I told our server this wasnt the 1st time this had happened and i was advised if i wasnt happy to try some where else.
Not the type of customer service i expected.
Your store is great
Your cafes food is good and the staff are friendly
But the service i.e. getting served and getting the food once you have ordered is extremely slow
I generally have to go to a member of staff to ask them how long the order will be
On average it’s between 20 - 30 mins even when you are not busy
I ordered a tube of hand cream on the 15th and paid £4.99p for 24 hour delivery. Item finally arrived on the 24th. Not very good but they did refund the £4.99p
my Experience the description of the boots I purchased ended up being totally different. I ordered dark brown boots and ended up with tan ones. Obviously sent them back
Not very happy as I had to pay to return item Iam a lady in my sixtys and I could not get my returns label printed so that’s why I had to pay .there era a lot of people like me which would rather have return labels with items .
Ordering was very easy and the item arrived on time which was all dandy however I purchased this item as a present Swarovski Phone Case and it had been opened as the sticker on the seal on the side was broken and had a hair in the box.
Not what I expected for a pricey phone case like this... was a birthday present so I was embarrassed it looked used but I made my excuses.
was very disappointed with my bear being chucked in a plastic bag and sent. A £60 bear should not be sent like that. you have now redeemed yourselves by sending me a box after requesting that you sent me one! I will think twice before I by anougher bear from you though.
Had to walk to a post office to collect ..I do object when I have paid.
Royal mail do not have a phone to call .site manager number on the main door. Who signs for all parcels .First time this has happened in 10 years .
Maybe use another carrier
Sent item to wrong address so item returned to them had to wait for rede livery.long time waiting for product to become available poor communication
The boots delivered were not the boots which I had ordered, the incorrect boots were sent to me in error. I had to go to the trouble of packaging them all up, getting a return label printed, and take them to a post office, all inconvenience, at no fault of my own. You need to ask the pickers to put care into what they send.
I liked the look of those shoes but they were too stiff they cutting into the back of your ankles and the stones on the top not sure if the glue is strong enought to hold in place the shiny stones.I decided to send them back.
The service was prompt but quality of packaging poor.if it wasnt for the tag on the shirt it looks like its been washed and ironed..it looks like a returned product..no packaging no collar support ..to be honest was meant to be a christmas present but i feel it a little embarressed to wrap it up so gave it to my husband now.not exactly a cheap product.Not the normal standard of product compared to other companies i bought barbour products from.
very annoyed, as i ordered on line it stated free delivery but i was charged 2.99....not shopping there again!
Nicholls Online is rated 4.86 based on 2,471 reviews