Newman & Bright Reviews

60 Reviews
Ad You May Also Consider ? Adverts from our client network

Newman & Bright are bespoke sofa manufacturers based in Worsley, Manchester. They specialise in handmade Chesterfield sofas and have built up a large collection of in-house products.

How would you rate Newman & Bright?

Dr Smith
Verified Buyer

Fantastic sofa, looks great, I have received many positive comments since delivery.

Rafi has been great from start to finish, no pressured sale, lots of useful advice, happy to discuss options (where modification to design and size could be done), and was very understanding when there were issues around when i could take delivery. I am looking to get a second sofa in the near future.

I would not go anywhere else, excellent service and quality product.
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your sofa, looking forward to speaking to you again soon to order your next sofa! Rafi
Mrs Broadbent
Verified Buyer

I love my new sofa it is beautifully hand crafted with high quality leather. I received the best of advice from Rafi when ordering my sofa and would recommend Newman and Bright to anyone who enjoys quality furniture and good service.
I am so glad that you found my advice helpful when ordering the sofa, thank you for you kind feedback and I hope you have a fantastic 2016! Rafi
Val Wilson
Verified Reviewer

I ordered two very handsome Gatsby sofas in purple velvet with seaspray piping, and I am extremely pleased with the results! The sofas are very good quality, extremely well made and comfortable.

I would definitely recommend Newman & Bright and would not hesitate using them again. Service and delivery excellent.

Many thanks Rafi, I will be having a very comfortable and enjoyable Christmas on my new sofas!

V Wilson
Cumbria
Many thanks Miss Wilson, it was a pleasure to make 2 beautiful, totally bespoke, sofas. I hope that you enjoyed Christmas with them! Have a great year ahead! Rafi
Mrs Forsdyke
Verified Buyer

Ordered a leather 2 seater settee and one chair. Delivery was around ten weeks and it wa swell worth the wait. Delivery was arranged at my convenience and we were extremely happy with the finished product, excellent quality and very comfortable. Found Rafi to be very helpful with any queries I had. Wouldn,t hesitate to return to Newman and Bright in the future.
Mrs Cullis

Excellent service, Excellent furniture, and very helpful. Would recommend
NEWMAN&BRIGHT to anyone. Keep up the good work. Thank You.
Mr Pennington
Verified Buyer

Rafi and his team have made us a an absolutely beautiful sofa - it is even better than we imagined it would be. We will be using them again the future for sure and would not hesitate to recommend Newman & Bright to friends or family.
Mr Daniel
Verified Buyer

Very pleased with our Tulip bespoke sofa and two chairs - matches our décor perfectly and comfortable to sit in with scatter cushions
Mrs Hughes
Verified Buyer

Really like our new sofa its pratical n stylish the colour is perfect were considering a matching chair - very happy customers!!! ????
Mrs Booth
Verified Buyer

We bought a 2 seater sofa, and 2 chairs. The service was excellent from start to finish. No pressure in showroom, just lots of good advice. Was ready when promised and delivery men were so good. They were very careful and helpful. The sofa is beautiful and comfortable. The leather feels thick and top quality. Can highly recommend Newman and Bright!
M Booth, Manchester
Rosalina C
Verified Buyer

Our company had been on the search for an art deco suite for our lobby for 5 years now. We finally found Newman and bright and we met the staff to discuss if they could cater to our specific needs.

They were extremely helpful in advising us and helped us order a totally custom made Art Deco sofa. I am very grateful to them. I highly recommend Newman & Bright for all your sofa needs.
William Bright
Verified Buyer

Only bought a couple of footstools but I loved the sofas I saw and will buy as soon as we need a new one. Cant wait!
Nancy Mancer
Verified Buyer

Quality store, we saw the article in the Daily Telegraph about you and ordered a Castleford 3 Seater in a distressed buckskin. Every details is perfect, every stitch reminds me of how important it is to take handcrafted work.

6 weeks later I'm having trouble getting my husband off it!

Well done,

Regards,

Nancy
P Armstrong
Verified Buyer

Just bought my second Gatsby, still have my last one I bought from you guys 7 years ago and its in as good a shape as ever. Fantastic work as usual. Regards
Martin Brooks
Verified Buyer

The product is first class. High quality in every respect. As such, when something goes wrong, because this is probably a rare event, they have trouble reacting. I had a problem with the castors on a swivel chair, the base was replaced quickly and with no problem. The second base then had a similar problem with the castors and they requested I send the base back for assessment this I did. It took a long time, many phone calls and emails before the base was returned. In truth, I believe I was dealing with the technical people who often have little understanding of customers needs. When my problem came to the attention of the sales department, the reaction was instantaneous and the problem was solved. Whilst going through this protracted negotiation, I actually placed an order for a Chesterfield sofa such was my confidence in the product. I asked for a delivery by 23rd December latest and they did it on 22nd. just in time for Christmas. I come from a sales background and I know what technical people can be like at times so I was able to forgive them. The quality of the product is after all more important.
Alison Makin
Verified Buyer

I am a returning customer and would NEVER go anywhere else for a sofa!! The quality is superb and cannot compare to other high street stores, I carry details for this company on me and always recommend them to anyone looking for a suite as I have now had 3 suites and years on they loo like new, leather is fantastic, framework is superb and you can choose what you like made to measure your own space.

Best company ever and I hope to return in the future but for now I am extremely pleased with my latest large chocolate brown corner sofa and love chair.

Thank you Rafi and your wonderful sofa maker!
Mr Danny Langer
Verified Buyer

More then happy, I took the old english leather instead of the original standard leather I was interested in and it was the best decision. Very good company and even better suite!
I told you that you would like the Old English better than the standard rub-off. Thanks for your custom, regards to your wife! R
Mrs K Cap
Verified Buyer

Looked in showroom, fell in love with the 'Castleford' and ordered 2 x 4 seaters. They were ready within the six weeks quoted so we popped back to see them prior to despatch. Needn't have bothered, they were perfect ! Delivery guys were polite and very careful. All in all a very good experience !
Thank you Mrs Cap, a pleasure dealing with you both
Karen Blackburn

Fabulous suite.

Staff very helpful from ordering to delivery.
Thanks Karen, your Pink Zsara is still our favourite!
Jane Nuttall
Verified Buyer

Great support and very help full
Jane, your opinion means a lot to us! Thanks for sharing.
John Bowd
Verified Buyer

We bought two sofas from your firm nine years ago, which were superb...and still are. Despite the distance between us (we are on the south coast), you provided an excellent service, from leather samples to size adjustments. We are delighted with our new suite and would recommend you to anyone.
Thanks for the review John, it has been a pleasure dealing with you over the years!
Newman & Bright is rated 4.95 based on 60 reviews