Newman & Bright Reviews

of reviewers recommend Newman & Bright
Read Newman & Bright Reviews

About Newman & Bright:

Newman & Bright are bespoke sofa manufacturers based in Worsley, Manchester. They specialise in handmade Chesterfield sofas and have built up a large collection of in-house products.

Newman & Bright 5 star review on 11th August 2017
Peter Culbertson
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 2nd December 2016
Peter Culbertson
More Photos & Videos
We are very pleased with our new chair and sofas fantastic choice of leather, punctual delivery.
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 16th July 2016 Newman & Bright 5 star review on 16th July 2016 Newman & Bright 5 star review on 16th July 2016 Newman & Bright 5 star review on 16th July 2016
We purchased a leather sofa and was very pleased with the service, quality and workmanship of this company.
I would recommend them to anyone that requires top quality leather furniture.
We are completely satisfied with the Balmoral sofas, the Blenheim chair and footstool. They are fantastic. The quality is really as we expected. We asked some amendments and everything was made as we wanted. After visiting some other factories we prefer this company because of their professionalism. The whole process of ordering, production, transport and delivery in Belgium went very good. We will strongly recommend this company. Thank you Rafi, Sam and the whole team!

Geert, Belgium
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 8th July 2016
I was initially unsure about ordering our sofas over the internet, however we visited the showroom in Manchester and Rafi took us through everything, before we placed our order through the website. The sofas are excellent, great quality and we are really pleased with them. We've had lots of compliments - would recommend!!
We purchased the Melbourne Sofa and Blenheim Chesterfield Chair. Both look absolutely amazing and stunning. Love the feel and quality of the leather and craftsmanship. A real show stopper! The quality and level of attention to detail is 5 star!! I would recommend Newman & Bright to anyone.
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 21st May 2016
The two sofas are well constructed and have an excellent finish. I'm sure that they will prove to be a good investment.
The sofas have arrived and are beautiful - exactly what we wanted. They are of high quality, and we were able to customise them to exactly what we were after. They were also excellent value for money.
All I can say is Fantastic! Very pleased with my couches ,beautiful workmanship, excellent delivery service, the couches arrived on time, smoothly placed in site. Would highly recommend you and would definitely buy from you again!
A very big THANK YOU from a very satisfied customer!

Barbara Cartwright.
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 4th May 2016
Very substantial and well-made sofas that look the part. The sofas were delivered after 11 weeks of placing the order and the delivery process was straightforward.
Newman & Bright 4 star review on 20th April 2016
A very high quality suite manufactured exactly to our needs. We were pleased to have our requirements fully met and the help and support given to us by staff at Newman and Bright helped us greatly.
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 19th April 2016 Newman & Bright 5 star review on 19th April 2016
We have had excellent ,courteous service from Newman and Bright and our 2 beautifully made Chesterfields are such amazing quality . Absolutely delighted .
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 19th April 2016
After 2 months of searching for a new suite for the house, it took us 30 minutes to decided on the suite/colour and the fact that we wanted to buy from Newman & Bright.
We were so impressed with the quality of the product and great service we received.
I would have no hesitation in recommending Rafi and his team.
Hi love my sofas! The staff were very helpful at the showroom and Rafi was also a great help in deciding what to go for. The sofas are great quality and you can customise them to your own style and taste. Highly recommended company to deal with.
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 19th April 2016
Excellent service and product staff so helpfull
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 24th March 2016 Newman & Bright 5 star review on 24th March 2016
Two lovely Winchester sofas - really comfortable and just what we were looking for.

Newman and Bright were a really good company to deal with. The only small niggle - deliveries are Monday to Thursday daytimes only.
The sofa is beautiful and suits our front room really well - extremely pleased. I have seen similar at about £500 more in John Lewis, so very good value for money IMHO. I liked the way that you could get cloth samples from Newman's supplier. I had some difficulty getting through to the slaes team on the phone on occasions but nothing too dramatic - it is clearly a family concern but don't mistake this a lack of craft nor concern. On the whole I am very pleased and would recommend.
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 9th January 2016 Newman & Bright 5 star review on 9th January 2016
Superb quality and workmanship. Highly delighted with our two Chesterfields.
Everything about this company is totally professional, from the service, delivery and product. I visited the shop as I was particularly interested in the Art Deco sofas and wanted to see/try before I bought them. The lady in the shop was very helpful and arranged for all my swatches to be delivered by next post. Once the decision was made, it took a quick call to make my order and discuss the choices with Rafi. The sofas were then delivered to Cumbria in circa 6 weeks from order placement. The delivery men were very helpful and friendly, and brought them into my home without any fuss and unwrapped them and removed the packaging. Although the weight of the sofas tested their strength!!!

My sofas are absolutely fantastic! I cannot stop talking about them! There is no way these babies are moving, They are such a solid, comfortable, handsome sofa, which I got in purple velvet with a seaspray edging. They are also very tactile, lovely to sit on and stroke! Have had compliments from everyone who has been in my home over Xmas. Would recommend Newman & Bright, Rafi and his team without any hesitation. Will definitely be visiting the web site and shop again in the future!!!
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 5th January 2016 Newman & Bright 5 star review on 5th January 2016 Newman & Bright 5 star review on 5th January 2016 Newman & Bright 5 star review on 5th January 2016
Excellent service - from swatches through the post, advice in the warehouse, gentle guidance, and a lot of patience! The sofas themselves are beautiful, well made, and great to be supporting a company that builds their products from natural materials here in the UK. Oh, and the most important thing - the sofas are really really comfortable as well as stylish.
Very helpful staff at the showroom who carefully explained the order process.
Call back from Manager to confirm EXACT order details
Delivered on time as promised

The fact that we could slightly modify one of the sofas was what first made us consider Newman & Bright.

The Sofas are great, the colours are exactly what we wanted and I cannot fault the workmanship.

Overall a really great shopping experience.
Newman & Bright is rated 4.86 based on 81 reviews