Newman & Bright Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Newman & Bright

About Newman & Bright: Newman & Bright are bespoke sofa manufacturers based in Worsley, Manchester. They specialise in handmade Chesterfield sofas and have built up a large collection of in-house products.

How would you rate Newman & Bright?

Mrs Sheikh
Verified Buyer

Hi love my sofas! The staff were very helpful at the showroom and Rafi was also a great help in deciding what to go for. The sofas are great quality and you can customise them to your own style and taste. Highly recommended company to deal with.
Mr Almond
Verified Buyer

Excellent service and product staff so helpfull
Ms Johnson
Verified Buyer

Two lovely Winchester sofas - really comfortable and just what we were looking for.

Newman and Bright were a really good company to deal with. The only small niggle - deliveries are Monday to Thursday daytimes only.
Mr Peel
Verified Buyer

The sofa is beautiful and suits our front room really well - extremely pleased. I have seen similar at about £500 more in John Lewis, so very good value for money IMHO. I liked the way that you could get cloth samples from Newman's supplier. I had some difficulty getting through to the slaes team on the phone on occasions but nothing too dramatic - it is clearly a family concern but don't mistake this a lack of craft nor concern. On the whole I am very pleased and would recommend.
Mr Traversoni
Verified Buyer

Superb quality and workmanship. Highly delighted with our two Chesterfields.
Miss Wilson
Verified Buyer

Everything about this company is totally professional, from the service, delivery and product. I visited the shop as I was particularly interested in the Art Deco sofas and wanted to see/try before I bought them. The lady in the shop was very helpful and arranged for all my swatches to be delivered by next post. Once the decision was made, it took a quick call to make my order and discuss the choices with Rafi. The sofas were then delivered to Cumbria in circa 6 weeks from order placement. The delivery men were very helpful and friendly, and brought them into my home without any fuss and unwrapped them and removed the packaging. Although the weight of the sofas tested their strength!!!

My sofas are absolutely fantastic! I cannot stop talking about them! There is no way these babies are moving, They are such a solid, comfortable, handsome sofa, which I got in purple velvet with a seaspray edging. They are also very tactile, lovely to sit on and stroke! Have had compliments from everyone who has been in my home over Xmas. Would recommend Newman & Bright, Rafi and his team without any hesitation. Will definitely be visiting the web site and shop again in the future!!!
Mrs Bebber
Verified Buyer

Excellent service - from swatches through the post, advice in the warehouse, gentle guidance, and a lot of patience! The sofas themselves are beautiful, well made, and great to be supporting a company that builds their products from natural materials here in the UK. Oh, and the most important thing - the sofas are really really comfortable as well as stylish.
Mr Pilkington
Verified Buyer

Very helpful staff at the showroom who carefully explained the order process.
Call back from Manager to confirm EXACT order details
Delivered on time as promised

The fact that we could slightly modify one of the sofas was what first made us consider Newman & Bright.

The Sofas are great, the colours are exactly what we wanted and I cannot fault the workmanship.

Overall a really great shopping experience.
Mrs Davies
Verified Buyer

We ordered a leather bucket chair from Newman and Bright and are very happy with our purchase. It is very good quality, comfortable and looks good in our sitting room.
My only quibble would be that communication from N&B could have been better - I was promised a call the week before delivery which never happened and then was called on the day before delivery - they agreed to leave the chair on our front porch if we weren't in but the delivery man didn't bother to check if we were here or not. We were in fact here all day and only discovered the chair when another delivery man arrived to deliver something else.
Otherwise, all went smoothly.
Many thanks for your important feedback, I am so glad that the tub chair is to your liking. I am sorry for the issues surrounding the delivery, Christmas time is always a busy time for us and I can only apologise for the miscommunication. I will be in touch with the delivery company to investigate why your delivery did not go smoother.
Wishing you a great year ahead.
Rafi
Dr Smith
Verified Buyer

Fantastic sofa, looks great, I have received many positive comments since delivery.

Rafi has been great from start to finish, no pressured sale, lots of useful advice, happy to discuss options (where modification to design and size could be done), and was very understanding when there were issues around when i could take delivery. I am looking to get a second sofa in the near future.

I would not go anywhere else, excellent service and quality product.
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your sofa, looking forward to speaking to you again soon to order your next sofa! Rafi
Mrs Broadbent
Verified Buyer

I love my new sofa it is beautifully hand crafted with high quality leather. I received the best of advice from Rafi when ordering my sofa and would recommend Newman and Bright to anyone who enjoys quality furniture and good service.
I am so glad that you found my advice helpful when ordering the sofa, thank you for you kind feedback and I hope you have a fantastic 2016! Rafi
Val Wilson
Verified Reviewer

I ordered two very handsome Gatsby sofas in purple velvet with seaspray piping, and I am extremely pleased with the results! The sofas are very good quality, extremely well made and comfortable.

I would definitely recommend Newman & Bright and would not hesitate using them again. Service and delivery excellent.

Many thanks Rafi, I will be having a very comfortable and enjoyable Christmas on my new sofas!

V Wilson
Cumbria
Many thanks Miss Wilson, it was a pleasure to make 2 beautiful, totally bespoke, sofas. I hope that you enjoyed Christmas with them! Have a great year ahead! Rafi
Mrs Forsdyke
Verified Buyer

Ordered a leather 2 seater settee and one chair. Delivery was around ten weeks and it wa swell worth the wait. Delivery was arranged at my convenience and we were extremely happy with the finished product, excellent quality and very comfortable. Found Rafi to be very helpful with any queries I had. Wouldn,t hesitate to return to Newman and Bright in the future.
Mrs Cullis

Excellent service, Excellent furniture, and very helpful. Would recommend
NEWMAN&BRIGHT to anyone. Keep up the good work. Thank You.
Mr Pennington
Verified Buyer

Rafi and his team have made us a an absolutely beautiful sofa - it is even better than we imagined it would be. We will be using them again the future for sure and would not hesitate to recommend Newman & Bright to friends or family.
Mr Daniel
Verified Buyer

Very pleased with our Tulip bespoke sofa and two chairs - matches our décor perfectly and comfortable to sit in with scatter cushions
Mrs Hughes
Verified Buyer

Really like our new sofa its pratical n stylish the colour is perfect were considering a matching chair - very happy customers!!! ????
Mrs Booth
Verified Buyer

We bought a 2 seater sofa, and 2 chairs. The service was excellent from start to finish. No pressure in showroom, just lots of good advice. Was ready when promised and delivery men were so good. They were very careful and helpful. The sofa is beautiful and comfortable. The leather feels thick and top quality. Can highly recommend Newman and Bright!
M Booth, Manchester
Rosalina C
Verified Buyer

Our company had been on the search for an art deco suite for our lobby for 5 years now. We finally found Newman and bright and we met the staff to discuss if they could cater to our specific needs.

They were extremely helpful in advising us and helped us order a totally custom made Art Deco sofa. I am very grateful to them. I highly recommend Newman & Bright for all your sofa needs.
William Bright
Verified Buyer

Only bought a couple of footstools but I loved the sofas I saw and will buy as soon as we need a new one. Cant wait!
Newman & Bright is rated 4.96 based on 69 reviews