Newman & Bright Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Newman & Bright

About Newman & Bright: Newman & Bright are bespoke sofa manufacturers based in Worsley, Manchester. They specialise in handmade Chesterfield sofas and have built up a large collection of in-house products.

How would you rate Newman & Bright?

Verified Buyer
"Our sofa arrived today and we absolutely love it! It's exactly what we wanted and looks perfect - it's beautifully crafted, a fantastic example of a quality "made in England" sofa. Rafi and his team were all so incredibly helpful and accommodating from when we first arrived for a browse in the showroom to getting our sofa (and afterwards when we decided we wanted the feet changing!) - we were customers who definitely knew EXACTLY what we wanted and Rafi and his colleagues managed to make our vision a reality, so thank you very much. We would highly recommend Newman and Bright."
Selena
"Asked Newman & Bright to make us a totally bespoke sofa for our wedding - wanted a beautiful white Chesterfield sofa for the family photos. What they created was stunning! They even had the forethought to have special white feet made to take to the sofa to the next level! The wedding photos look amazing, I am so happy that N&B made my day extra special! Extra thanks to Rafi for his excellent advice and the driver Tony of Rand Removals for his prompt and efficient delivery! Best Regards, Selena"
Verified Buyer
"We purchased a Castleford Corner Suite and armchair in white leather with brass studs and are very happy with the finished product which was made to our specific requirements to a very good standard - therefore I would recommend Newman & Bright (Rafi) as very professional and have no hesitation in saying you wouldn't go wrong in buying from them. Linda"
"I ordered 2x Gatsby sofas in Black leather piped with metallic Gold from Rafi. Excellent company to deal with, very attentive and Rafi was very helpful, offering alternative choices as he was keen to make sure I had all the information before making my final choice. The sofas were delivered ahead of schedule (all the way up to Glasgow)to my delight and are absolutely exceptional. The build quality is amazing and leather is just beautiful. I am delighted to have chosen Newman and Bright and would have no hesitation recommending them to friends and family."
David Graham
Verified Buyer
"Superb service from start to finish. Polite and helpful advice in the showroom from the craftsmen themselves, with no sales pressure whatsoever. Sofa quality way in excess of similarly or higher priced high street alternatives. Delivered on time before Christmas. Cannot recommend this business highly enough."
"Listened to our requirements and responded rapidly with costs. Service was courteous and delivery was on time."
Alison Fordham
Verified Buyer
"We wanted a vintage style sofa to go in our 1930s flat and were delighted when we found that Newman & Bright did the deco-style 'Gatsby' sofa. Not just that - they were based in Manchester so we were putting business a local company's way too. The team we met in the showroom were terrific - really helpful - and Rafi the owner helped with any questions we had and kept us up to date with progress as the sofa was being made. It's now been delivered and we love it! Super quality, great colours, very comfy and very glamorous. The delivery team were lovely too. More than happy with the service and product we received from Newman & Bright. 20/10 from us!!"
Belinda Black
Verified Buyer
"Newman & Brights in my perspective is a great company. When I went to the showroom in London, I was given great customer service as to the information on the sofas i was looking at. Rafi who sold me the Astor sofas helped me a lot such as to the colors for the sofas and i also got a feel of the texture. I was also satisfied with the price of my sofas. if someone was to ask me any companies that sold good quality sofas; I would advise them to check out Newman and Brights. I've now had my sofas for 3 months and they still look brand new."
Angela Kirkham
Verified Buyer
"Great quality sofas. Leather was much smoother than sample. Colour range was excellent and service brilliant. Don't know if these will last the 20 years my previous ones did but they certainly look well built. The Art Deco design certainly provides an original feature. I would recommend this company."
Richard Harrendence
Verified Buyer
"We bought a foot stall to match the two sofa's we'd already bought from Newman and Bright, we are very happy with the quality of workmanship and service provided."
Verified Buyer
"they were very helpful on finding the right sofas for my house. the salesman 'Rafi' was very helpful and polite. any problems i had; he was the guy to help with deliveries. the sofas i had brought was worth the money and i would advise a friend to buy from their website. their delivery was excellent service and had delivered on time."
David Went
Verified Buyer
"After spending a long time researching the best place to buy chesterfield sofas I decided to use Newman & Bright. This was based on the quality of the website, build quality, excellent choice in finishes, bespoke sizes and they had a show room in London. Rafi was very helpful and I was able to get various samples and pictures to ensure we could choose exactly what we wanted. Highly Recommended."
JAMIE BARRETT
Verified Buyer
"I had a small issue with a settee. This was sorted out quickly and at my convenience. great job!!"
Elizabeth Willis
Verified Buyer
"We were after a combination of different fabrics with leather and Rafi couldn't have made it any easier to order what we wanted. After sales service was excellent too. Very happy with quality and value for money."
Morag Hoyland
Verified Buyer
"Lovely quality well made comfy greet value"
"Beautiful sofa, great service, particularly the friendly and helpful delivery guys!"
Joanne Watson
Verified Buyer
"Delighted with our Stunning, Handmade, Art Deco Gatsby Sofa. Quality craftsmanship with superb attention to detail. Professional and knowledge staff, very helpful and friendly to deal with."
Ash Hussain
Verified Buyer
"In brief professional service received, on time and to quality expected, felt like something is actually being made specifically for you. Delivery operatives were very careful and professional, placing the furniture exactly where it should be and taking away the wrapping."
Sandra Newman
Verified Buyer
"Lovely sofa and the leather is gorgeous staff very helpful made it just how i wanted it thank you"
Steve Carr
Verified Buyer
"Excellent advice, service and quality of the bespoke settee and chairs bought. Very carefully delivered. Look excellent in situ."
Newman & Bright is rated 4.96 based on 71 reviews