Negative Equity UK Reviews

99% of reviewers recommend Negative Equity UK

Tell us how Negative Equity UK made you happy

"Negative Equity worked hard on our behalf to resolve our case. Many thanks to Lesley for her regular updates and clear plan. I would recommend Negative Equity."
"From start to finish Negative Equity put us at ease with the whole process of selling our first home which was in a lot of negative equity and moving on with our lives. The reality for us at the time was that we had outgrown our first home and wanted to move closer to family and we thought that this was impossible due to the current housing market. Negative Equity answered all of our questions and gave us lots of options to choose from and within a year we had sold our house, purchased a new home and came to an affordable and realistic settlement figure with the bank. A huge thank you to Leslie and the team for their hard work which we could not have achieved without their support and for anyone who is in a similar situation there is light at the end of the tunnel, just give them a call."
"Ref: 1103765 We bought our first beginner home in 2007, young graduates desperate to own a home, afraid of waiting any longer. We were given a 100% mortgage, and interest only. Of course just a few months later the market crashed. We accepted (reluctantly) that we would have to stay where we were, and our hopes of life in the country diminished other than a lottery win! As our family grew we became more and more frustrated, and had already pumped thousands in to doing the house up, money of which we knew we would never get back. In passing conversation someone mentioned Negative Equity, so we thought we’d give it a go, thinking that our only option would be to hand keys back and rent somewhere, an option we weren’t keen on. From the first meeting with Bob, we began to see light at the end of the tunnel. After our first meeting with Tom, we drove straight to the building site we’d been watching in the country and put our names on our dream home! It hasn’t been a quick process, however the whole team who have worked with us, especially Lesley in the later negotiating stages were fantastic. We own our own family home, on a repayment mortgage and our credit rating hasn’t really been hit as we continued all our payments with creditors. We managed to write off 80% of our mortgage debt which had been a noose around our necks. Will be forever thankful to the CD Fairfield team - we honestly never thought that things could have worked out this well. It is a slow and often frustrating process, however very much worth it. Thank you!"
"We bought our house at a particularly bad time, in April 2007 and it started to lose value straight away. To make matters worse financially, we had bought on an interest only package that we had been advised would be a good first step - as long as we changed onto a different package within two years. We were unable to make this change because the house was no longer worth what we had borrowed for it. So our situation got worse month by month, while the long term future got increasingly bleak. We couldn’t see any way out of our situation. When we heard about Negative Equity NI we thought we might as well talk to them, but didn’t expect there was anything that could be done. Some of what we were told initially seemed too good to be true. I think we might have been anxious about making our situation even worse by putting money into something that might not be all that it seemed. I’m happy to say Tom took the time to follow up with a long conversation with us – to explain how and why he had started the business and to deal respectfully with all of our questions and worries. It seemed like a scary step to stop paying the mortgage. But it was a great relief too, especially when we had an organisation with such experience tell us that they would deal with our lender. We didn’t need to worry about aggressive phone calls or threatening letters anymore, because they would take care of that side of things. We could start to believe that there would be a life beyond the financial mess that we found ourselves in. Since then Natasha and Lesley have been excellent in taking us through each step of the journey. Our case has been a long process for Negative Equity NI too – but they have never lost patience, and never been anything less than totally professional and courteous. Having gathered and presented our financial facts Lesley managed to negotiate a 90% write off of our debt. We have recently settled with the lender with a single lump sum payment of £14,000. I would recommend Negative Equity NI to anyone in a similar situation. It was the best money we ever spent to bring them on board, and given the length of time and the amount of input it required from their side, extremely good value for money. Our thanks to Tom, Natasha, Lesley and the whole team."
"1104152 Tackling negative equity is a very daunting experience. However, Lesley guided me through each step of the process with great care, providing regular updates on how my case was progressing and negotiating an affordable settlement. Lesley was so helpful and professional throughout our dealings."
"I went to Negative Equity UK for their support and guidance after falling victim due to the recession. The total value of negative equity I had was approx £85k after working closely with Lesley my account manager for a short period of time she successfully managed to reach a deal with our lender to settle the debt at 10% of the overall debt resulting in a final cash settlement of £8500. I cannot thank her enough for all her hard work and amazing efforts to achieve this settlement. Thanks to Lesley and the team there is light at the end of the tunnel and I can finally move in with my life. I cannot recommend Negative Equity UK enough. If you are reading this post and considering using their services don't delay I only wish I had've done it sooner! Special thanks again to Lesley I cannot begin to tell you how much this means to me what you have done for me and my family!"
"I came to negative equity n i with £88000 of negative equity they where able to get a settlement of £16500 .i can’t thank Lesley enough for all her hard work.she made everything so straight forward .i wish I had came to them sooner And would highly recommend them to anyone in similar situation.😀"
"Excellent service and regular communication on how my case was proceeding"
"I was very sceptical at the beginning but didn’t know where else to turn. I read an article on money supermarket and the individual said it was too good to be true. On the contrary, the result they predicted on our first meeting was delivered. They made a very stressful process so much easier, doing all the background work; negotiating etc. And always ready to advise. A big thank you, especially to Lesley, who appeared to have genuine interest in our plight and kept in contact throughout, never judging, just being supportive. My £107,000 debt is now £32000. This company WILL deliver."
"1103880 Before I went to Tom and the team there seemed no light at the end of the tunnel. I had a few properties in negative equity relating to previous bankruptcy and banks unnwilling to re-negotiate rate. The mortgages would be a noose around my neck forever. Tom and the team adivsed that this could be dealy with and altohugh I was sceptical I followed through and am now debt free and with a good credit record. Thanks to Tom, Lesley and all the others involved. The banks were unpleasant to deal with however the team took care of the vast majority of communication and all the negotiation. They know who to contact and who to negotiate with- the banks would not even have the courtesy to discuss these matters with me prior to this and merely suggested I keep paying whatever they asked for."
"I went to this company who stated at my first meeting they would help me but wanted 300 pounds to obtain papers from my Building society. I told them a number of times that I did not intend to sell my house and didn't want to waste my money by a upfront payment. My adviser still said they could help. Paid the money and then attended a second meeting where I was told they couldn't help me if I didn't sell my house and that they would need a further 1500 pounds. needless to say I cut my losses. Keep your money and go to another company."
Firstly, we would like to thank you for taking the time to review your experience of our service. As is evident from our many four and five star reviews, achieving the best possible outcome for every client is our top priority, so we are sincerely sorry to hear that you are unhappy with how your case was handled.

When a client approaches us for help we provide a free initial consultation, so we can learn about the client's individual situation, explain our service and show examples of how we have resolved similar property debt problems in the past.

The next step is to conduct a detailed Case Review that results in a report of our professional recommendations based on a client’s unique circumstances and provides a strategy for moving forward. There is a £300 charge for this review. This is not an upfront payment, it is a professional fee for our Case Review service that requires detailed work to be conducted by highly-qualified members of our team.

A Case Review can recommend several strategies, many of which may include the sale of a property. But we also offer services such as Mortgage Re-negotiation, which has a £1,500 service fee. This is appropriate when a client does not want to sell a property but would prefer to stay in their home and re-negotiate the terms of their mortgage loan.

We are authorised by The Financial Conduct Authority and as such are very tightly regulated. Any client who feels that they have legitimate grounds to complain about our conduct can do so quickly and easily via the Financial Ombudsman website. The Ombudsman will impartially review the case and determine if any wrong-doing took place. If they find in a client’s favour, the client will receive a full refund of any fees paid in addition to compensation.

We hope that this reply goes some way to clearing up any misunderstanding regards our fees and services.
"Absolutely fantastic company, from start to finish I was very pleased with the service. Clinching the settlement at the end Lesley was superb."
"Lesley was fab. Was a long road but really glad to get this matter resolved. Very professional and friendly throughout. Thanks again."
"1102925 Lesley dealt with my case and was brilliant. Not only was she very professional but she took the time to listen and was always available for advice and correspondence. She dealt with the bank and took all the stress out of the situation. I owed the bank 60000 and paid back 13000 and they cleared the rest. I can’t thank Lesley enough as her hard work has allowed me to get on with my life after a couple of difficult years."
"I thought there was no light at the end of the tunnel, but Negative Equity talked through my options and made things clear. It isn't a quick fix, but the team at Negative Equity are very supportive through the process. Lesley finalised matters and was very efficient, knowledge and great to deal with."
"Dealt with Lesley, couldnt be more helpful, i was looking at a shortfall just shy of a hundred grand, Lesly worked her magic and got 83% of that written off, and the 17% left set up to be paid back over time!! £4000 pound fees seemed alot at the time, but saved me dealing with the bank and all the associated hassle!! Long process bit well worth it in the end!!!"
"House turned into nightmare situation. We dealt with Lesley who has been fantastic, sorted everything for us, always available for any questions and always kept us in the loop with progress. Got our debt to bank down significantly. Overall a great service"
"After facing a significant shortfall in house price to mortgage value as seems more and more common these days, we took the plunge to speak to to Negative Equity. It initially feels like quite a big price to be paying for their services, but they do have flexible payment terms. They also made the whole difficult process a lot easier. the most stressful thing I had to do after everything was provide expenditure and bank statements. A lot easier than dealing with the lenders themselves. You get assigned an account manager as a single point of contact and they interface between you and the lender so you're only ever dealing with them and they're on your side."
"5 stars. I dealt initially with tom and then my account manager was Leslie. Very professional service and helped me every step of the way. I am now out of bankruptcy and a lot happier. I would recommend negative equity to anyone"
"If you need to sell a property and it's in negative equity these are the guys to talk to. Naturally sceptical I took some time (too long lol) to approach them in the first place. £300 gets you the review. Then you find out what your options are and what settlement is achievable. You can get them to take your case forward from there or do it yourself. We didn't fancy negotiating with a bank so agreed fees (£4,000) and it took 10 months to get it all done. Saved £52,000 (which obviously i didn't have). Very happy. Genuinely helpful and definitely know their stuff."
Negative Equity UK is rated 4.88 based on 103 reviews