Natwest Reviews

19% of reviewers recommend Natwest

Tell us how Natwest made you happy

Telephone, Live Chat
Over a week
"Cardreader failed, then website was down. Telephone service with 15! min wait, got cut short once, cut off once eventually after 4 hrs including 45 !*"&!! mins waiting for someone to pick up the phone got money transferred. Plus they have shut 3 nearest branches. TSB hear I come and wont have to spend half a day with this bank which seems don't give a monkeys. Ask the telephone banker how many people work as call handlers and then lookup number of NatWest customers then look up CEO salary."
Are you Natwest? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I wish I could give a lower star (something lower than 1) I applied for a loan, and instead Natwest closed my account. I called and they literally said I’m owed no explanation why...and while still talking the lady said good bye and hung up (while I was saying pls I still av another question) I don’t understand!!! I really don’t!!! I’ve been building my account for years, I just asked for 3k loan which I can pay off in less than 2 months, I am in shock and so pained I almost feel like crying... you should at least tell me why you have decided to close the account when I’ve done nothing wrong! I’d have preferred they just refused the loan and save me this peace of mind. For this...I’d close my son’s savings account, my wife, my business and even both parents have agreed to close down their Natwest accounts, if this is how they treat clients. Utterly disgusted"
"I was a victim of mobile banking fraud 29/11/17 NatWest say they wont refund any money that was taken because they said I have passed on my personal details. I have been with this bank approx. 17 years and now locked into a fight to get my money back. I have since found out there are various articles being published online about how fraudsters are able to get into Natwest mobile app I am switching to a new bank with better security as Natwest do not care and totally refuse to help. Natwest is supposed to be financially secure institution but its far from it PLEASE DO NOT BANK WITH NATWEST. Its totally ruined my Christmas, its left me physically sick and I feel so violated, I was under the impression everyone was innocent until proven guilty, but not if your dealing with Natwest its the other way round"
"The worst bank you ever! if your bank cant keep your money safe then what's the point of having a bank? and after someone has fraudulently taken your money, if you're bank are being the most unhelpful people out there then what's the point of banking with them! i rather keep my money under the mattress! My card details was somehow compromised and the someone made transactions, i called NatWest and they tell me to call the retailer, i call the retailer who acknowledge that it was fraud but need my bank to contact them to return the money. i call natwest again they say they cant do anything as i have an account with the retailer, even though the transactions were not made from the account i have with the retailer. what a rubbish service and bank!"
"having to do on line banking as our local branch is closing - been doing it now for 3 months and almost every time i log on i get issues and have to ring at my expenses to sort it out - inevitably a long wait to talk to someone. This causes me more stress than i could imagine so today decided i am going to move my account"
"Renewed my card. Got sent to the wrong place. Replacement takes another 10 working days. So I will have been without a bank card for almost a month."
"Rude staff who don't have people skills. Force you to use machines just because they don't want to go through the trouble of counting money. Just remember it's we the customers who pay your wages. Disappointed NatWest! Train your staff"
"Garbage company with useless customer … Garbage company with useless customer service. stay away. I have been a natwest customer for a decade or two. I had one current account and four savers. I switched current accounts beginning of year in the misguided delusion that first direct were any good. They aint. I kept my savers at Natwest but decided to go back. Had to open a new current account, which they said they would link......like going back 50 years to pen and paper days with pigeon post. I sent ID requested and now they want proof of income, which is sod all to do with them. I have no credit card or overdraft with them and they have thousands of £££ of mine. Bloody cheek. To cap it all they ring me on a witheld number!! I told them to sod off. Maybe FD aint so bad after all. They wont see any of my money again"
"Was forced to do online banking. One of the staff has put so much pressure on me to do so.. telling me that I will no longer get my rewards or bank statements. Feel for the senior citizens in this town, when they see her they avoid going in. Some are changing their banks. So yesterday I was told I had no choice..it's from head office."
"Where do I start? Last year we opened a joint bank account and a hard credit search was done twice on my credit file. I called the bank straight away and asked them for this to be resolved. I also told my credit reference agency that I would like to dispute the search. Couple of weeks later NatWest refused to take the second search off my file which was done because of their mistake. Made an official complaint which hasn't got resolved FOR OVER A YEAR NOW! A couple of days ago we decided to cancel our account because we were leaving the country. We went to the Twickenham branch in London and got everything some I'm 15 minutes. Finally, I thought to myself they're improving. We cancelled all our direct debits, standing orders, and the account. The next day when we were already outside the country the first direct debit went out...oh joy!!! Contacted their team and they recalled the payment and advised us that the closing of the account will take 5 working days??? Well... We were certainly not told that! I asked again if now all the direct debits were cancelled? I was told, yes and there will be nothing else going out of our account. 2 days later another payment has gone out. Once again I contacted their team and I was told that this is the account fee for the month before...I asked twice while I was in the branch of everything has been some or if there's anything else we need to pay for, I was told it's all done!! How can a bank afford so many mistakes??? It's absolutely ridiculous. This company is a joke and all customers should stay away from them. As nice their customer service people are they also useless of resolving problems! I'm going to pay for the final fee but I'll make sure my review will be everywhere on the internet to warn people."
"It has been a year since iv traveled and still getting bills and phone calls from America which they have said have been sorted out and havent been refunded any of the medication bills either"
"I have no bad credit, an excellent credit file after never missing a payment (inc. Natwests mortgage and they actually sent me a letter saying I could remortgage WITHOUT CHECKS!!) and no problems whatsoever but Natwest have declined me a mortgage based on how I conducted my current account. What they mean is, I recently closed my current account with a £200 overdraft facility down and they don't like it. The new mortgage would see my pay them £400 less a month and they don't like that either. It's absolutely disgraceful, and they have now left me with a black mark meaning its going to be very difficult to get another strong rate elsewhere. Stay away from them."
"Absolutely shocking. They locked my internet banking and told me they would send me an activation code by text, asked if they had my correct number - no. Would not take the number from me as I may not be who I say I am, hang on, how many security questions have you just asked me and then you discuss my banking details with me but then won't accept my new number as I may not be who I say I am, absolutely ludicrous. Later I sent in some paperwork and I rang to see if they had it as I hadn't heard from them. We can't help you, you need to speak to your branch, put me through then, no can't do that you need why not pop into your branch - you mean the one you closed, nearest one 15 miles away and only open office hours????? My argument was, why have a central number for customers to ring if you can't help only a branch can yet you can't be put through or get into a branch. Only option was to speak to complaints, why to be told the same thing? After 30 years, I'm now switching my banks! Can't help but wonder, who is working for whom here? Also you manage to email me every month to say my statement is ready and also emailed me today to say you are switching my accounts so you can get hold of me when YOU want - where is security here as after 30 years are you even sure you are emailing the correct person?"
"I spoke to someone in mortgages who had a nasty belittling attitude. I have been with Natwest for years and have found them to be the worst bank, very unhelpful and arrogant. This attitude runs throughout the bank. If you want piece of mind DO NOT have an account at Natwest!!!"
"Staff in Watford branch are rude, bullying and unhelpful. They have no understanding of customer service and are intent on forcing people to use the automated machines, even though this allows no privacy whatsoever."
"No transparency with unarranged overdraft fees. A £6 transaction became a £260 charge because the bank failed to alert me I was overdrawn. Despite asking for text alerts as well as email as the primary contact method, I received no emails or texts (but I did get a letter 2 weeks after the transaction - useful when you're not in the country). Just phoned an operator to confirm text alerts for unarranged overdraft usage - he put me on hold for 20 minutes then picked up again and accidentally (?) hung up on me. Don't waste your time with this awful, deceptive and sh*t customer service excuse for a bank."
"Customer service over the phone falsified that I had failed to pass security, when actually they never asked me any security question. So they refused to serve me. Next day I closed my account... I deserve better as a customer."
"Helpful and brilliant bank. My account was over the limit, Natwest kindly credited my account as my salary didn't arrive & sent me £50 for use over the bank holiday! Thank you very much! PB"
"Horrible customer service. Wouldn't recommend to anyone."
Natwest is rated 1.87 based on 139 reviews