Natwest Reviews

19% of reviewers recommend Natwest

Tell us how Natwest made you happy

Telephone, Live Chat
Over a week
"Excellent service provided by the Middlesbrough team especially Dawn."
Are you Natwest? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"They closed my account without explanation and refused to discuss it with me. When I got my credit report to find out what was going on it suggested that I had been the victim of fraud, although I was unaware of this. Surely a bank should help you in this situation not kick you out and refuse to talk to you! I have written to NatWest for an explanation but they have not replied in a month - appalling! Will now be writing to financial ombudsman as I believe this behaviour is in breach of their own terms and conditions. Nationwide have since helped me to open an account with them and to clear the cifas from my otherwise good credit report."
"Poorly advised on mortgage deals, leaving us locked into a long deal which will cost us thousands extra over the term. I wouldn't trust this bank again and strongly advise others to seek alternative banks to do business with"
"Customer service is shocking. One cashier at tills. Can take up to 40 minutes just to get served. And they have staff standing around saying do you need the till. Why would I stand in a line for ages if I didn't need the till. It is getting to the point now where I am going to change banks."
"Terrible customer service . Given different conflicting information on two separate occasions . Waited 45 mins on the phone to speak to relevant person , who after another 30 mins told yet different information and was unable to resolve my issue . Avoid !"
"Called on 31st August to set up online banking ready to make a bank transfer by 4.30 on 5th September to purchase a car which I need to be able to work . Advised I would be sent an activation code , which I then accessed to set this up . Online system said I needed a second activation code to be able to call to make the transfer . After an hour and a half on the phone to sort it out , told at 4.15pm I had to get to a branch in next ten mins to make payment ! Beach is several miles away ! Terrible service , given wrong I formation , waited nearly 45 mins to speak to the correct person who then told me I can’t make the transfer . Avoid this bank !"
"Telephone banking appalling service. Waited 6 mins and no answer usual message ‘higher than normal volume of calls etc’ Called again and selected loans service....surprise surprise answered quickly!!! Then put through the entire system again....another 4 mins then told should have selected another option. Another 11 mins and still no answer just automated mesage apologising for the delay. 21 mins and no answer ...given up. Have paid £ to listen to irritating music and automated message. This happens EVERY time regardless of say of week or time of day. Of course customers now have to pay for these calls.....NatWest are making a lot of money for unacceptable service. Avoid this bank.....do not ever join NatWest ... it’s gone completely down the drain. NatWest you need to sort this out for your CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!"
"Lost debit card ,reported to a really friendly chap and new card received within 2 working days"
"Incredibly poor experience with Natwest. I'm saying it now, Don't bloody bank with them! I had been unwell with PTSD the past two years and that basically meant I didn't check my finances for a year or so whilst I was unemployed. So after recovering enough to finally get a new job and start earning again I try to log into my online banking to see how much money I have in there, and to see if my new wage went in. Natwest had locked all of my online banking and accounts. I was advised to go in branch - So I did. Staff told me because there was no activity for 12 months they closed my account and put all of my money on hold?! Absolutely no contact from them during this time, no bank statements, nothing through the post to notify me of this happening. I have just opened up a new account with a different banking company and am going in branch today to transfer all of my money to my new bank! Absolutely disgusted. I was with Natwest for 10 years and this amount of 'service' is just unacceptable! Don't even bother with them!"
"Poor customer service. Fees for basic transactions that shouldn't cost a p in the digital era. Their bank app is very limited so for larger payments I was forced to go to the bank - something I hadn't done for years! Old fashioned. Their staff was rude and incompetent - the cashier threat me 'I don't have to transfer your money if I don't want'. Well yes you have, the clue is in the name: it is MY money."
"Never helps only consider their incomes. I am a customer since 2003 but waste of time."
"Rude, unhelpful customer service."
"Am forced to use the high st Bedford branch due to bank closures. Be warned take fold out chair, refreshments and something to entertain you whilst you wait in the horrendous long ques. When you finally reach you cashier don't think for a minute you will receive a 'sorry to keep you waiting' I was served by someone who was just rude and abrupt and needs more training in his job in how to deal with customers who are frankly fed up with all their branches being shut having to travel further for a service they deserve whilst investing money in their local bank. Hang your head in shame Natwest."
"Charges applied to my account even though I went in to store as was told I had enough funds. I had over 400.00 in my savings with them to which they can see and still charged me £70.00 . Also had me on the phone for 1hr and 30 mins to be told this . Also changed standing order to 26th for rent had it taken out on the 26th and the 28th original date . And have been charged again another £70.00 for the banks mistake . Wouldn't trust this bank APPALING service and only interested in how much money they can get from you. BAD SERVICE IN STORE AND ON PHONE . APP DOWN FOR 14 DAY."
"very poor customer service,"
"Worst customer service ever. I have been on the phone to the customer service to try and sort out an issue because their online banking and online credit card banking systems aren't unified (so inconvenient). No support, understanding or even the slightest attempt to help. Their personnel need training on the fact that expats who live half way around the world cannot pop into their branches as easily as that. Next time I'm in the UK, I'll definitely be popping into a branch, not for support but to close this account! Learn to treat customers right!"
"I had to wait for another card to be delivered since the chip on mine was ruined in the machine! I was told that it was a maximum of 3-4 days for another one to be delivered.. 2 weeks later still no card and I was told another had been sent by special delivery but still no card not impressed! Had to set up another bank account with another bank! Not a happy customer!!"
"Customer service is shockingly bad. NatWest have refused to allow me to transfer my own money twice in a week. I asked for my branch manager to call me to explain. Nope. Not possible. I'm not allowed to speak to him."
"I have Asked to extend overdraft ...instead I was offered if I can save £50 a Months in savings account or open child savings account.... If I have savings I wouldn’t ask to extended my overdraft.......!!!!!!"
"Terrible service"