National Timber Buildings Reviews

92% of reviewers recommend National Timber Buildings

About National Timber Buildings: National Timber Buildings are one of the UK's leading timber building manufacturers. Producing high quality products since 1985, National have become a leading name in the industry manufacturing and installing Stables, Garages, Mobile Field Shelters, Workshops, Pavilions and Annexes.

info@nationalstables.co.uk

National Timber Buildings
Ashford Road
Bounds Gate Corner
Badlesmere

Tell us how National Timber Buildings made you happy

"excellent service and very prompt"
"We have used National before for our stables and were very happy with the quality and workmanship (the box gutter subbed out is another matter as it leaks). So we liked the oak front option and trusted them again for our double garage. Overall, we now have a garage that still leaks under heavy rain (cannot work out where from yet) but otherwise acceptable. The issues encountered were: - never being 100% sure who was going to turn up and on what day (e.g. one guy turned up on a Sunday morning totally unexpectedly) - handfuls of nails/screws left spread around the floor of the garage and outside. I still found some today some 1-2 months after they finished. Nails are clearly not good in any garage and less so when you have two small dogs who roam the garden - very badly cut joint on the main oak front beam such that you could see plenty of daylight through it together with some unsightly black staining around it - both doors were warped, one particularly badly - one door had some strange staining on it they could not account for - door bolt holes missing from the garage floor so you cannot secure the doors as well as you would like These were the main issues and complaints which to be fair they fixed fairly promptly hence a rating of Poor rather than Very Poor."
"Second time we have chosen this company to design and construct stables for us in the past 15 years."
"The service I received from Kevin was amazing .I had a lot of problems with planning and had to go for mobile in the end. I very much appreciate the advice I received why trying to sort it out .The shelter and Stables where delivered spot on time the two lads worked so hard and took so much pride in their work I was very impressed. I am thrilled with quality of the building."
"The components for the shelter arrived exactly as arranged and were fitted very efficiently by courteous staff. The shelter looks good and has worn well. Very pleased with purchase."
"National are the only company i would use for my stables and outbuildings. I built a bespoke yard set up and National supported every step of the way, despite me changing my mind several times! Since then I've used them for mobile stables, sheds and outdoor storage. Their prices are competitive, staff friendly and product superb. Could not recommend them enough!"
"Absolutely brilliant. Couldn’t be happier with the customer service from sales through to installation. Everyone comments on how lovely the shelter is and how well made. The gate between gives the horses their space but they are able to see one another. This has worked brilliantly for us and the horses are always in it munching on their haynets, dry, warm and out of the wind. Which reminds me, I was a bit worried how it would hold up in all the gales and being at the top of hill. We purchased the 24x12 shelter on metal skids l, with an overhang and it’s solid even in the recent gales we had. Would highly recommend National Timber Buildings."
"From the start we were able to find a building that suited mine and my Horses needs . After being built in the field it only left me with the slight issue of moving it into place ! Having found a tractor and borrowing same, it slid into place without any fuss ... and I’m happy to say even given the weathers best attempts to do damage it, it still stands and is much admired (unfortunatly not by my horse .... Frank sees a scary monster that creaks a lot in strong winds) but he is an ex race horse so nothing new there 😬"
"The service from start to finish by National Timber Buildings has been first class. I would highly recommend this company - great company to do business with. Regards Steve Wright (Head of Procurement) The Bushcraft Company"
"Having had to cancel my order through no fault of my own National Timber buildings saw fit to retain £374 of my deposit. The management were unwilling to discuss the reason for charging this amount for what was a set of standard sketchy plans. I would urge anybody dealing with this company to think twice before paying a deposit on a potential purchase."
"Garden sun shelter erected in September 2018. It was built to our own design and this was handled very professionally from start to finish.The erection team were superb and completed it in one day. Very pleased with the end result.Thank you National Garden Buildings."
"The team that erected all 3 buildings were excellent - they turned up promptly, were friendly and completed all of the work on time. In terms of the design, I am a little disappointed at the lack of door seals, the fact that all external hinges and locks are fitted with normal Phillips head screws and thus easy to remove from a security point of view and I am disappointed that the roof lights means that I get condensation and significant water inside the buildings as a result.....all of these issues could have been explained at the point of ordering the buildings and thus my expectations would have been managed at the outset...and in some cases, addressed"
"I wanted a more substantial shed so I went for NTB as they seemed to be in agricultural buildings. I received plenty of help and suggestions at the design stage and the delivery and erection process went very smoothly. The hardest part was building the single brick perimeter base on which the shed was erected. Learnt a lot about accurate and square bricklaying. Well worth it - I think it will outlive me! Good value too."
"After service has been appalling"
"I purchased a large field shelter on skids. The quality is excellent and it was erected in no time at all. Considering I live in Mid Norfolk and they came up from Kent. I am very happy with this product and would purchase from National Timber Buildings again."
"Delivered on time and very efficiently erected, the quality far better than any other we had looked at."
"I thought it would be great to have a purpose built garden room and shed and choose National as were a large company. From the start things were not good. Thy sent the wrong plans a phone call and promise of new plans - never happened. I was told I would need a brick base and double checked with the company that that was correct was told ‘yes’ so we had one laid. Despite my concerns the said building arrived with no glazing as requested, they did send a glazier who told me the window frames were made for double glazed units so he had to bodge them to fit the glass. Worse than that our brick base had to be removed as the shed/garden room was made to sit on a wooden base. The base of the building now has an ugly unfinished look that I’m not happy with. After many e-mails it became clear to me that they were not interested if I had my wits about me I should have told them too add another layer of slatted wood to cover the black damp proof material. I might have just been unfortunate but would I recommend them - No"
"Excellent service throughout from sales to the accounts team and especially the team who delivered and erected. Nothing too much trouble and a brilliant well built stable at the end. Thanks."
National Timber Buildings is rated 4.63 based on 119 reviews