MY NEW MOVE Reviews

of reviewers recommend MY NEW MOVE
Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Read MY NEW MOVE Reviews
**DO NOT USE** False advertisement and not a solicitors. We had an offer accepted on a property and instructed my new move to act on conveyancing for us. they advertised "no sale no fee" and fixed price solicitor fee's. We paid our account opening fee and as soon as this happened we were then off loaded to another company called ConveyLaw who are an actual solicitors. my new move don't actually do your solicitor work for you. problems started straight away. Once we received the pack from the sellers solicitors ConveyLaw then increased our legal fees by £1,200 as they said they had to do some additional work on the land title that nobody was aware of initially. we weren't happy as we had been told it was a fixed fee. as a result with the increase in costs we had to pull out of the house as we couldn't afford the extra work at the minute and any more unexpected cost increases. My New Move then refused to refund our £299 that we have paid to them for the work even though they advertise no sale no fee and guaranteed quotes. Brandon the MD then also refused to send me a link to review the company on this website so i had to go direct to them and prove i had dealt with the company and send them an invoice to allow me to notify everybody else what cowboys they are. all the reviews on here must be cherry picked by Brandon on who he lets review his company. I have also reported this company to Trading Standards, The SRA and the Legal Ombudsman, I have attached a picture of the email trail from Brandon confirming him blaming me for purchasing a property with a legal title that needed more work which nobody would have ever been aware of. My advice, find a local company pay the extra £100 and have a quality solicitor do your work. not this company who then hand you of to a 3rd party makes the whole process a lot more complicated. Possibly the worst solicitors(If they are one) i have ever dealt with.
Dear Mr Morris

Thank you for taking the time to review our service. Having looked into your file and having spoken to your firm of solicitors directly, it appears that the information you provided to us was not correct and that your freehold property was, in fact, a leasehold property.

As a leasehold matter, this will obviously increase the amount of work that a solicitor has to do on your behalf and hence the increased costs incurred for the additional work.

Again, it appears the Solicitor has advised there are substantial defects with the title which will require additional work from the Solicitor.

Regarding a refund, disbursements are not refundable ie the property searches of £199 as this is a cost we pay to a third party we cannot request the return of the funds from the Council because you’ve decided to withdraw. You can, however, sell the searches to a new buyer or vendor.

The initial £90 is not refundable after 14 days we hold the funds under our no sale no legal fee policy and you may use this deposit for your next purchase.

No legal fees are being applied by Convey law for the work they have undertaken under the no sale no legal fee. We note you have benefited from a Report on title which has provided substantial information from the firms investigation of the title and protocols forms in order for you to abort your purchase.

I do hope you understand this and that we can only provide a fixed fee quotation with the assumption that the information provided to us and the solicitor is correct at the time of instruction.

We wish you well for the future.
MY NEW MOVE is rated 4.91 based on 43 reviews