Musclegun Reviews

of reviewers recommend Musclegun
Read Musclegun Reviews

Tell us how Musclegun made you happy
Good communication to keep me informed of progress with the parcel. Turned up within a couple of days as advised.
Fantastic customer service. Brilliant product and great after sales. Really pleased
Well made, easy to use and very effective songar on recovery after running and rowing.
If you are at least mildly serious about training or fitness, I think these are a great investment. I went for the larger (Carbon) model and it has added to and/or improved on the range of self-massage tools I have already. Lacrosse balls, foam rollers, the stick, etc. - none of them are as low-effort and accessible as this is. I was sceptical of massage guns in general, having seen online that lots of massage therapists and physios are doubtful of their effectiveness due to a lack of research. Whilst it has since occurred to me that massage therapists have a very obvious reason for opposing the use of a device which effectively makes their services partially redundant, I have been converted and am now a huge fan of this product. I've had this about a month now, so have had time to get to grips with it. Now for the specifics of my experience: Pros: - Really easy to access most muscles in a way that you can't with other massage tools. E.g. my calves are now looser than they have been since forever - whereas a foam roller or lacross ball pushes the muscle to the side (since you have to put weight on it to get any MFR effect) the Musclegun lets it remain where it is. In fact, I think calves are probably the area of my body which have benefitteed most. - Whereas getting on the foam roller or the lacross ball is unappealing - you get a sweat on sometimes, have to get in awkward positions, need floor space, etc. - this can have a similar effect with none of the difficulty. Really makes it more appealing to do the soft tissue work you inevitably will need to do if you train even casually. You can even do it whilst you watch TV or scroll through Insta, whatever it is your prefer. - Good selection of attachments for different purposes. Personally I most heavily use the 'bullet' because it focusses the gun's power on a smaller area and therefore is more effective at working out tight spots. - It's actually pretty powerful. I rarely need to go to the top setting (5) to get the stimulus I need. 4 is usually good and 3 will do the trick for sensitive spots. - The ease of use has enabled me to work out tightness in muscles which I didn't even know was there, and, in turn, prompted me to learn more about anatomy and muscle function. E.g. I'd never massaged my TFL before but have since started to address it, which has helped me work through some nagging knee pain I've had. - Don't be fooled by the 'made in China' label. The build quality is great. It feels really sturdy in the hand and has a nice weight to it without being too heavy. Despite the vigorous, repetitive motion of the motor it does not feel like it will shake itself apart. - Great packaging, presentation and storage case. - Warranty is a nice bonus and did help convince me to buy. - Relatively good battery. Definitely lasts for quite a few sessions depending on how heavily you use it. Recharges in a few hours too. Haven't measured either of these but they haven't been so short/long that it's bothered me. Cons: - There's an auto-off function built in which you can't disable. So if you use it long enough (maybe 10-15 mins? I haven't timed it) it will just turn off for you. - The app that they advertise is not really that useful. It does the job but seems to mostly just cover light massage (like you might do after a workout or run) to help with DOMS, rather than getting into knots to create lasting change in tight muscles, which is what I think most people want for. - It's quite difficult to use this on your back. You could get someone else to do it for you but then they wouldn't know where the tight spots were. - I had hoped to use this on my shoulders and neck (desk job issues) but anything above the chest is just uncomfortable because the force of the device just rattles your skull. - The massage oil is effective but not to the extent that I'd pay £30 for a small bottle of it (when I purchased it was advertised as £30 off the gun plus free massage oil, worth £30). So this just feels a bit of a hollow sales tactic to me, but not that bad as I do feel the gun is good value at £200. That's pretty much it. Overall I'm very impressed and would definitely recommend if you train in any sport/activity whatsoever and are at least mildly interested in improving your mobility and recovery, or helping with pain. Supplement this with your own research or intuition (i.e. just getting amongst it) into which muscles to use it on, and also keep stretching and doing other mobility work. All in all a great purchase!
Easy to use, stylish presentation /packaging and one very happy husband. He said its his best present ever.
Nice quality and feel Power is good Shape is perfect
Website is very clearly laid out and informative. Quick order processing, dispatch and delivery. Product feels premium with packaging and accessories. The Carbon Go build quality is superb, skipped the cheaper guns on the market as you get what you pay for and what you get here is great! Have only used once but loving it so far.
Excellent piece of kit to aid recovery from Gym and Cycling sessions. Highly recommended.
A highly effective and easy to use piece of equipment. I purchased to save money seeking sports massage therapy and will easily have recouped the money spent in two months.
Only had it for a few days, have been impressed with the build quality and battery life. Great for pre and post exercise. Delivery was next day with great packaging. An unexpected bonus, if you hold it against your chest on the lowest setting you can do the best Dalek impressions.
Absolutely amazing. Such a sophisticated piece of equipment of great quality. I have used it every day since it arrived a week ago and I genuinely feel better for it. A 2 year warranty on top of that is also greatly appreciated. I have the MG Carbon Go, I love it!
Good quality
Really good. Battery seems generous. So long as it doesn't conk out on me in the near future this will become a treasured possession.
Lush bit of kit
What a gun! Best out there and definitely helps get rid of those sore DOMS!
During the lockdown I have been unable to go to my regular massage for my arthritis, so I thought I would try this out. Even though my wife is not a trained masseuse, the instructions provided has already given me more relief than I have had in ages. I would recommend this to anyone
Really happy with my Musclegun , I purchased to help shoulder/ arm injury and is really helping!! To the point I took to my physio session and my physiotherapist was impressed!! I bought it after reading a men’s health review, didn’t want to spend Theragun money as an experiment! and I am glad I went M H review as it was their number 1 !! I purchased directly and service was amazing! on the purchase and haven’t needed to use the return service. Have recommended to a couple of friends with age injury issues!
Had heard other people say how great this product was at assisting with recovery after exercise. Having spent lots of money on sports rehab we decided to give this a go. Amazing results from day one of using the machine. Instant relief on tight muscle spots and overall improved flexibility after exercise. Easier to target pain than a foam roller and quicker, 100% recommended by us
It's cured my gout! I bought the gun in the vain hope it would help with my ongoing battle with gout in my feet. I saw a reduction in swelling after only 5 minutes use. 3 more 5 minute sessions on the soles of my feet and the gout is gone! I know its not strictly for reducing that kind of swelling but it worked fantastically! I'm well chuffed!
Delivery was super fast and the gun works amazing and has really helped with what I purchased it for, Thankyou very much from a happy shopper
Musclegun is rated 4.88 based on 181 reviews