Motorway Reviews

93% of reviewers recommend Motorway

About Motorway: The comparison site to sell your car.

Motorway is the UK's first comparison site for selling your car. It’s the smart, new way to sell any vehicle.

Compare prices from instant online car buyers and dealers. It’s easy to get up to £1,000 more in seconds.

motorway.co.uk

Motorway
2nd Floor, Tennyson House,
159-165 Great Portland Street,

Tell us how Motorway made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
customer service
Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
"Absolutely brilliant service! It took just 3 days to sell my car at a great price way above webuyanycar! The buyer paid immediately and collected my car from home. Can’t recommend these guys enough."
"Extreme pressure and endless phone calls, messages and emails, despite me explaining my unavailability due to work. Not leaving me think or discuss offers."
"Guy came round, viewed my car and had the money transferred in 30 minutes. Great"
"The James Bond of car scrap merchants...cool, debonair and dependable. As I watched my Ford Focus take its last road trip, I knew it could have been in better hands."
"Motorway provided us with the opportunity to sell my car, both quickly and securely, giving me the best offers available to choose one, from pressing the first button on my I pad to the final button to check my bank account it was so simple with NO HASSLE ........ thank you"
"Quick,easy,courteous and fair."
"A very good platform to use to sell your car"
"Very easy and it showed me the best quotes for my car. Sold it very quickly would use this site again! Thanks"
"Efficient, friendly, and a good price for my car inside 24 hours. The best thing to happen to car sales in years."
"Does everything it says it does. Really handy and i used one of the recommended companies for the sale. Nice one"
"Similar cars to mine are retailing at £2495 and you offered me £90 at the most. It has a full m.o.t, and masses of paperwork inc service history. You ask nothing extra about the cars you value."
Hi Dawn,

I was very sad to see this poor review.

We take pricing very seriously at Motorway. While retail prices are not always a good guide to the price you may receive from instant buyers, it sounds like you were incorrectly given a scrap price for your car on Motorway in this instance.

This can sometimes happen in very rare circumstances where we are unable to value your car correctly online. Please accept my apologies here.

Please email us at offers@motorway.co.uk and we will do all we can to help you find a better (and more accurate) price.

Thanks, Alex, Director.
"I'd rate Motorway 0 out of 5! Very disappointed! I was advised I'd get up to £21,202 for my car. This then dropped to £21,000 "because it was a diesel" - which was known of course when I put the details in. When I spoke with an adviser, I made it clear that the car wouldn't be available till towards the end of the month. I was subsequently advised that this £21k offer had been withdrawn and £20,700 was in its place. - Makes " makes 'webuyanycar' look very attractive! And oh, Motorway didn't sell the car in the end!"
Hello, my name is Emma, the after sales Manager at Motorway.

I was extremely sad to see this, we take customer experience extremely seriously, so this review is very concerning to me and is not the feedback we usually receive. We are a price comparison website offering a comparison experience from buyers in the market, we are 100% truthful and transparent in all we do. In fact, we introduced our own technology called TruePrice to reduce the chance of any "chipping" (price reductions). Honesty is a core value for us so I would like to apologise for your experience.

Your description of events is not what we expect from any of our buyers and is not what we generally hear, I would like to apologise on this occasions as I believe there was a lack of communication between us and the buyer with regards to when you were available for collection. As a result, we are undertaking training with our sales team to ensure all collection details are clearly communicated with the buyer and agreed prior to the sale completion.

I'm really sorry that we couldn't sell your car on this occasion. If you would like to discuss any further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Emma
Aftersales Manager
"Very simple and straightforward process with no hidden admin charges unlike some other organisations that purchase cars. Really pleased with service and would recommend them."
"Went smoothly I had a online quote then i had a call and they upped the offer. Car collector came looked over the car spoke to motorway who paid off the finance and the balance into my bank."
"Quick response and easy to deal with"
"Wasn't sure what to expect however, staff on the telephone were pleasant. they carried out what they said they would. A man came to collect the car after checking through. The money went through within the time I was told. The man did not take the car until the money had gone through. Confirmation emails and phone conversations. A better experiences than initially anticipated."
"Good service"
"Well I needed a laugh and got one... 10 month old ford transit 8700 miles on the clock... filled in the boxes and waited with baited breath for the quotes..... just over £12k for the first offer.... oh and the best offer £600 scrap!!!... you couldn’t make it up..."
Hi Ivor,

I'm sorry you were disappointed with your prices from Motorway. It's worth me pointing out that we are a price comparison engine and work with instant buyers across the market. Prices will be different to those you see on retail platforms like Auto Trader and eBay, but the experience is can be much faster.

That said, while we do not control our partners' guide prices, we take pricing very seriously and aim for accurate instant purchase prices at all times. To help improve the pricing experience for all our users, we launched our own technology called TruePrice to reduce the chances of price shocks for sellers on the day of sale. You can read more about that here:

Also - on the prices you received....

We work with a range of buyers - from the UK's top franchise dealerships, to online car buyers to scrap buyers and there will always be price differentials.

As your car is worth much more than the scrap value, we would not expect you to choose that option - and hence that price (when sorted on amounts) was at the bottom of the table.

It sounds like you believe your car is worth more than £12,000. If you would like to discuss pricing further, please email us at offers@motorway.co.uk and we will do all we can to help.

Thanks,

Alex, Director.
"Great platform! Selling car couldn't be easier than that and the offers found were very satisfying. Quick, hassle-free process. Highly recommended!"
"fast and efficient service"
"I found Kylie at Motorway very professional the service was exceptionally quick I sold my car with in 24 hours and was kept up to date every step of the way I would definitely recommend Motorway."
Motorway is rated 4.60 based on 1,059 reviews