Motorway Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend Motorway

About Motorway: The UK's #1 Comparison Site To Sell Your Car

Motorway is the UK's first comparison site for selling your car. It’s the smart, new way to sell any vehicle.

Compare prices from instant online car buyers and dealers. It’s easy to get up to £1,000 more in seconds.

motorway.co.uk

151 Wardour Street
London

Tell us how Motorway made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
customer service
"you having a laugh? just over £3k for a 2010 top of the range Subaru! cost me double that when purchased it last year"
"Didn't get an evaluation despite clicking "get evaluation " 3 times !!??"
"NO VALUATION ???????????????????????????"
"Price offered was a lot less than even the number plate is worth"
"£121 for my car. Lol did make me laugh. Especially when there going for £1000 private sales"
Hi there,

I’m sorry to hear you were disappointed with the price you received for your car - we’re really disappointed to see a score this low.

We take pricing very seriously at Motorway and recently launched TruePrice to ensure sellers like yourself don’t get caught out with price chipping on the day of the sale.

As a comparison website we don’t buy the cars ourselves, our only aim is to help you find the best possible price for your car by allowing you to compare offers from leading instant online car buyers.

Kind regards,
Lauren Taylor, Customer Support
"First time try to sell my car, Give me unbearable lower price."
"Only offer a quarter price to webuyanycar.com"
"They will swamp you with emails and it is almost impossible to unsubscribe."
Hi there,

I’m Lauren, from Motorway’s customer support team. We try to email customers sparingly, in order to help guide them through the process of selling their car. I’m sorry you found these to come too often. We have taken your feedback onboard.

There is an unsubscribe link at the bottom of every marketing email we send. By clicking on this link, you’ll stop receiving emails from us. However, if you continue to have problems unsubscribing, you can email offers@motorway.co.uk.

Best wishes,

Lauren Taylor, Customer Support.
"A deal.is a deal. The price is the price, no-one said anything about the value of the car. I was told it was going to auction. You've got a really good deal there. Enjoy I want be using you again."
() - Posted 2 months ago
Hi Tracey,

Again, I’m sorry you were disappointed with the final amount you received for you car.

Kind regards,
Lauren Taylor, Customer Support
"My car has been for sale for well over a week and had no contact from motorway unless instigated by myself. I have sent 3 e-mails to my contact and only on the first occasion had a response, been ignored other times. Customer service is non- existant at the moment would never use or recommend them again"
Dear Colin,

My name is Alex, a director at Motorway. Sorry it has taken me a while to respond to your review, we have been investigating what happened.

It appears your emails were not responded to in a timely manner in this instance, we accept the fact communication was simply not good enough. We have discussed the matter at the most senior level and put in place procedures to ensure this does not happen again.

I understand from our Premium Sales Team that we were working on getting you our highest offer for your vehicle at the time, but did not respond in a timely matter during this process.

Please accept my apologies here, but if there is anything we can help with, please do get in touch at premium@motorway.co.uk

I hope you can try us again in the future.

Best regards,
Alex, Director, Motorway
"Very low prices"
Hi Susan, Motorway is a price comparison site with prices coming directly from the market. Prices are neither designed to be high or low, but true.

Unlike other sites who can over-inflate valuations, our TruePrice prices (based on thousands of data-points from real sales) are realistic and - assuming average condition - will reflect what you will receive for your car if you sell to the relevant instant buyer or dealer online.

You can read more about TruePrice here: - https://motorway.co.uk/guides/trueprice

Please email us at offers@motorway.co.uk if you need more help. We'd love to help you sell your car.

Thanks, Alex, Director.
"Waste of time. I submitted all details, photos etc as instructed and received confirmation (two) that I would receive an offer within 48 hours. Nothing, a week later. I subsequently used “Best Car Buyer” instead and everything was concluded (including money in my account, for the agreed offer) within 48 hours."
Firstly, congratulations on a successful sale with our partner car buyer Best Car Buyer, however I’m sorry to hear about your disappointment with our Premium Service. We do aim to get offers within 48 hours and pride ourselves on finding higher prices through our dealer network than with online car buying routes within that time period. In the majority of cases we do get offers fast within a couple of days - we are aligned with our customers in wanting to get a fast sale every time. It appears we fell short here, so please accept our apologies. Given a bit more time, we may have been able to find a buyer, but sadly we were too late this instance.. I do hope you can give us another try in the future. We do all we can to satisfy our customers, so I’m really sad we fell short here. I will look into it. Thanks again for using us, and sorry. Kind regards, Alex Buttle, Director.
"8 days in and not even the courtesy of a phone call...... false promises. Total waste of time"
Hello. Thanks for the review, I was extremely sad to hear about this experience. We would like to speak to you to discuss the sale of your car. For most premium vehicles selecting our Premium Service route, we can find offers within 48 hours. From time to time (and for various reasons), it can take longer to find a buyer for a particular vehicle, this looks like it has happened in this case. Apologies for the slow response here, we do want to help you sell your vehicle! Please call us on 01444 620 630 for an update or email us at premium@motorway.co.uk and we will get back to you ASAP. Best regards, Alex, Director
"was offered 3 times more for my car on a similar web site"
"the value was £1000 below that which 2 reliable garages quoted for my top of the range car"
"It takes all your detail then won't take you to valuation. A waste of my time"
Hi John

I am sorry to hear you had a problem obtaining valuations for your car on Motorway.

We successfully provide thousands of customers with valuations every day, so this certainly isn't how our service is supposed to work.

I have emailed you separately to look into your specific vehicle and why you may not have received valuations and look forward to helping you further there.

Best regards,
Harry (Founder & Director of Product at Motorway)
"Prices too low and too slow to contact me after I completed the on line form."
Sorry to hear you were disappointed in our service. We always strive to offer the highest possible prices we can from our panel of leading online car buyers and our network of car dealers, it sounds like we fell short this time with our prices.

We aim to have our partners contact buyers within 0-3 hours after selecting an offer, I will investigate what happened here with utmost urgency.

Thanks again for the review, Alex, Director, Motorway
"any body who excepts there price must be rarely desperate , they are taking the p**s"
"Not worth using as middle man for the rip off merchants in buying cars"
Hi Peter,

I'm sorry that you did not have a good experience using Motorway.

Our whole reason for building a comparison site for car selling was to prevent customers from being ripped off, by showing a range of offers from multiple car buyers, and a view of the whole market from specialist buyers and car dealers down to car recycling companies. By doing this we hope customers are much better informed and can maximise the value of their vehicle.

I will follow up with you personally to see what happened with the offers for your car and to see if we can help further. In the meantime I hope you will reconsider your review considering we are not the source of the offers you received for your car.

Best regards
Harry
"The price of my car went from top price £1,466.00 down to £500.00 when the list price on a social media site is around £1,200.00. In my opinion you wasted my time, I would have been prepared to accept around a £1,000.00. The lasting memory I have is, never use a site like this and would advise others not to be influenced by the email monetary values."
Dear P.J. Verney, sorry to hear you were disappointed with the final price offered for your car. We are a comparison website and exist to find you the highest possible price we can from a panel of the most popular online car buyers in the UK who can buy your car instantly. It is worth noting that sales can be guaranteed with our online car buyers, but sometimes amounts can be less than what you can get from a private sale once they understand the complete condition of your vehicle. Unfortunately it seems the price fell short for you this time. I do hope you can find a buyer at your target price of £1,200. If you cannot sell at that price, please do get back in touch at offers@motorway.co.uk - we always do all we can to help! Thanks, Zoe, Customer Success Team
Motorway is rated 4.65 based on 946 reviews