Motorway Reviews

92% of reviewers recommend Motorway

About Motorway: The comparison site to sell your car.

Motorway is the UK's first comparison site for selling your car. It’s the smart, new way to sell any vehicle.

Compare prices from instant online car buyers and dealers. It’s easy to get up to £1,000 more in seconds.

motorway.co.uk

Motorway
2nd Floor, Tennyson House,
159-165 Great Portland Street,

Tell us how Motorway made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
customer service
"Kate was absolutely brilliant, very professional and kind. She was very easy to speak to and didn’t have any trouble with communications."
"I recently sold my car with Motorway and the service was excellent. I spoke with Matthew and he was brilliant"
"Very pleased with the courteous,professional and prompt service I have received .I wholeheartedly recommend Motorway to anybody who wants to sell a car hassle free. Thanks"
"1st the malig it was right So the correct malig is 41910 And least them £10000 am not sellin it i need between £10000 - £11000 because its in good condition Kind regards Mohammed saleh"
"Most impressed with Motorway. Very clear and straightforward process which is detailed enough to the benefit of both seller and buyer alike. By following the simple process, once an acceptable offer comes through it is a very simple but safe process to complete the transaction. Quite simply the easiest sale of a car I have had. My thanks to all at Motorway and special mention to Beth who handled the final offer/acceptance process making it a pleasure to deal with her. We are probably going to be selling one more car in the next few months and will have absolutely no hesitation in contacting Motorway to handle it for us. Most impressed - A very professional company and website that really does do an excellent job - and I really only praise when it is genuinely deserved. Well done Motorway and thank you!"
Dear KC,

My name is Alex at director at Motorway, thank you for this excellent review. We were really pleased to hear about your very positive experience selling with Motorway.

This is just the kind of feedback we love to see! We have passed on your kind words to Beth.

Thanks again and we can't wait to find a buyer for your next car.

Best regards, Alex, Director.
"Was looked after by Mark, who was very professional and took the time to give courtesy calls to make sure everything was running smoothly. Was given exactly what I was quoted. Collection was great with a quick payment! Thank you."
"It was very easy the people were great and I would recommend them in the future very happy 😁😁😁😁"
"Excellent t service. Very easy to use and got the best price"
"Excellent straight forwards and hassle free exactly what I was looking for to sell my car."
"Ian was very professional and helpful. Didn’t accept the first offer but happy in the end Very good service Far better and more professional than We Buy any Car I would recommend to others"
"Excellent service and the vehicle was collected without fuss on time. I received a fair price for my car and the agreed money was paid into my bank account timeeously ( I think I deserve the award for the use of that word!) Would I recommend to others? I already have to my next door neighbors"
"Need new dealer that pay faster still waiting for my payment even taken my car I have made a mistake selling my car through motorway"
Dear Mr Khan,

I was very sad to see this 1-star review. To clarify, Motorway is a price comparison website that connects sellers with buying dealers and we do not make payments for car purchases ourselves.

Having spoken to the dealership who purchased your car, we understand you left your car at the dealership late yesterday and the payment was made for your car by the buying dealer the following morning (today). Our dealers usually pay the same day, but I understand the car was dropped off unexpectedly late in the day after a home collection was arranged.

As per any bank transfer, the money can take an hour or two to reach your account, but we would expect it to be in your bank account by now. If it is not, please get in touch with your buying dealer who will be able to look into it ASAP.

If you have any more questions, please email premium@motorway.co.uk and we will be happy to assist.

Best regards,
Alex, Director.
"This is a second review. So I get called the day after my first review with a lower offer than was meant to be from two interests. Then after being told that's the best offer I recieved an email telling me there's 2 offers made for my vehicle just short of 3k more than they told me they could get. When I informed them of this they agreed its from there company but that's nothing to do with the first offer. That stands as the best offer. Confused? Me too. Be all & short is it's all B.S to get you to contact them.. Stay Clear."
Dear Scott, I am sorry you found the offers you received confusing. We perform an initial valuation which we may refer back to in subsequent marketing material, we then look to find the best offer we can from our network of dealers. Regarding the pricing issues you mention.... We can see from our database that you have valued your car multiple times and created new records on our platform each time over many months (each valuation is therefore different based on market fluctuations at the time). We'd love to help further, but I'm not sure what else we can do to help as prices will simply keep changing over time as your vehicle depreciates. If you would like further support, please call our Premium Sales Team on 01444 620 630. Thanks, Alex, Director.
"I managed to get a selection of quotes really quickly with direct info on what to expect and I have to say the trust price I was quoted was exactly what I got for my car given I still expected much less! Have already reccommeded the sight to a colleague and a friend!"
"Very annoyed. Received email answered back then phoned and my agent was busy so I was told he would call me back. One week later I get that call (too late) and the agent starts telling me that obviously he was busy at the time and if I don’t want his help then there is nothing more he can do. He said this in a confrontational way and slightly aggressive. If this is the way you do business I’m glad not to be part of it. Really you should start by getting back to people when you say you will ( in a timely manner)"
Hi John,

I'm very sorry to hear you were disappointed with our service, we take customer experience very seriously, so I was saddened to hear you were not happy.

I believe the slow response time was due to us handling a number of offers from dealers which was taking longer than normal due to us not reaching your price expectations. I apologise for the slow contact here.

Regarding the confontational communication, I was very surprised to hear this, as all our agents are trained to be highly courteous and helpful throughout the sales process.

I will pass on your feedback to the relevant people and we will address your points.

Please do try us again one day, we wish you luck with your next car sale.

Best regards, Alex, Director.
"Fill in information send photos get the hard sell, messages, emails & phone calls then an email to say act now we have interest & secure buyers. 2weeks later nothing & surprise surprise no more çontact. Not impressed."
Hi Scott, my name is Alex, a director at Motorway. In some very rare instances we are unable to find a buyer, there can be a number of reasons for this, including stock requirements across our specialist dealers and/ or market conditions at the time. Please accept my apologies, but having spoken to our premium sales team, they were unable to help with the sale of your van in this instance. Sorry the contact felt slow, but unfortunately we could not help further. That said, one of our buying partners The Car Buying Group should be able to give you a price for an immediate sale. If you would like to call them, they are reachable on 0800 118 2544. Thanks, Alex, Director.
"I didn't realise this was a quote aggregator site when I input my details and was therefore very pleased with the options I received! Overall, great website and easy to use."
"The sale went smoothly with everyone professional. Didn't quite get the price we would have liked, but there we are."
Hi Jan,

Thanks for taking the time to review us. I'm glad your sale went smoothly.

I'm sorry you didn't get the price you'd have liked. We take pricing very seriously at Motorway, and launched TruePrice to ensure sellers like yourself don’t get caught out with price chipping on the day of the sale.

We’re looking to improve every day, so if there’s anything else we could have done to have earned a 5-star rating, do let us know!

All the best,

Lauren Taylor, Customer Support
"Fast and straightforward"
"Very knowledgable, efficient and charming Explained process very clearly from initial papaerwork requirements to how payment is made Whole process took only a few day Car was collected exactly when arranged. Can’t fault them"
Motorway is rated 4.59 based on 1,066 reviews