Motorway Reviews

Courier, Own Driver
customer service
Read Motorway Reviews

About Motorway:

The comparison site to sell your car.

Motorway is the UK's first comparison site for selling your car. It’s the smart, new way to sell any vehicle.

Compare prices from instant online car buyers and dealers. It’s easy to get up to £1,000 more in seconds.

motorway.co.uk

Motorway
2nd Floor, Tennyson House,
159-165 Great Portland Street,

Tell us how Motorway made you happy
Very simple and straightforward process with no hidden admin charges unlike some other organisations that purchase cars. Really pleased with service and would recommend them.
Went smoothly I had a online quote then i had a call and they upped the offer. Car collector came looked over the car spoke to motorway who paid off the finance and the balance into my bank.
Quick response and easy to deal with
Wasn't sure what to expect however, staff on the telephone were pleasant. they carried out what they said they would. A man came to collect the car after checking through. The money went through within the time I was told. The man did not take the car until the money had gone through. Confirmation emails and phone conversations. A better experiences than initially anticipated.
Good service
Well I needed a laugh and got one... 10 month old ford transit 8700 miles on the clock... filled in the boxes and waited with baited breath for the quotes..... just over £12k for the first offer.... oh and the best offer £600 scrap!!!... you couldn’t make it up...
Hi Ivor,

I'm sorry you were disappointed with your prices from Motorway. It's worth me pointing out that we are a price comparison engine and work with instant buyers across the market. Prices will be different to those you see on retail platforms like Auto Trader and eBay, but the experience is can be much faster.

That said, while we do not control our partners' guide prices, we take pricing very seriously and aim for accurate instant purchase prices at all times. To help improve the pricing experience for all our users, we launched our own technology called TruePrice to reduce the chances of price shocks for sellers on the day of sale. You can read more about that here:

Also - on the prices you received....

We work with a range of buyers - from the UK's top franchise dealerships, to online car buyers to scrap buyers and there will always be price differentials.

As your car is worth much more than the scrap value, we would not expect you to choose that option - and hence that price (when sorted on amounts) was at the bottom of the table.

It sounds like you believe your car is worth more than £12,000. If you would like to discuss pricing further, please email us at offers@motorway.co.uk and we will do all we can to help.

Thanks,

Alex, Director.
Great platform! Selling car couldn't be easier than that and the offers found were very satisfying. Quick, hassle-free process. Highly recommended!
fast and efficient service
I found Kylie at Motorway very professional the service was exceptionally quick I sold my car with in 24 hours and was kept up to date every step of the way I would definitely recommend Motorway.
I have never seen the blatant use of corporate thievery so obvious before. 2014 BMW X1 xdrive 55000 miles full service and immaculate £7000 You ought to be ashamed of yourselves ripping off the public like you are doing. Will avoid “Motorway’s“ referrals at all costs. We would be better off putting a sign in the car window on the roadside.
Dear Robert,

Apologies your prices were not as expected. It's worth pointing out we are a price comparison site and present prices from our partner car buyers in the market. The guide prices are not controlled by us.

We are certainly not corporate thieves and gain nothing from ripping off customers by presenting low prices in our comparison tables.

We take pricing very seriously and do all we can to present the highest prices possible. It sounds like something went wrong here.

If you need more help, please email us at offers@motorway.co.uk and we will do what we can to help.

Thanks, Lauren Taylor, Customer Support.
They contacted me promptly after I had entered my details on their site and explained how their system worked. They asked me for an honest description of the car and its service history and pictures all round in support. In response they offered me a reasonable price - much better than we buy any car tho - but they also put me in touch with their elite team. They broadcast the details and pictures of my car to the dealers on their data base. I had an acceptable offer back very quickly, had a contract to sign and one accepted the dealer sent his own driver to inspect, collect and authorise the bank transfer. There were no delays and no haggling on the price. Just a really honest pain free way to sell a car.
Great way to sell your car if you only want scrap value for your car. Tried twice gave up sold to Evans Halshaw for FIVE times the amount motorway .co.UK offered
Dear customer,

Sorry you were unhappy with your prices from Motorway.

Offering a price comparison service, we do all we can to find the highest prices possible, but it sounds like our partners were unable to meet your price expectations in this instance. Often we do beat competitor prices.

Please email us at offers@motorway.co.uk if you require more assistance. We may be able to find you a better offer.

Kind regards, Lauren Taylor, Customer Support.
This makes the idea of using a car buying service much more comfortable, as you straight away have more than 1 offer to compare, and then bargaining power if a company offers you a silly price
Useful service and easy to navigate. Prompt responses and user-friendly.
Bailliant site sold my car for a very good price money in the bank within the hour
Couldn’t speak higher of the service, this is the ultimate way to buy or sell your car. Let the car supermarkets bid for your custom directly. The difference in the purchase price of my vehicle was almost £1,000 across the range of purchasers! That’s a huge difference than if I had gone directly to webuyanycar.com. This isn’t just a new service, it’s a game changer in how you sell your car quickly and hassle free. I for one, will definitely be using Motorway.com in the future.
I needed to sell my husband’s car after his death and I wanted the minimum amount of hassle. I dealt with Abi who was very helpful and the driver who came to collect the car was very courteous. The transaction was smooth and efficient. I suspect I could have got a higher price but I was happy with the hassle free sale, which was more important to me.
I am very happy with motoway to help me sold my car very quickly and good price top remained company
Very efficient, no pressure. Transporter on time and messaged 1 hr before arrival. Have already recommended.
A professional and quick turn around. No messing. Around