MotoNovo Finance Reviews

of reviewers recommend MotoNovo Finance
Read MotoNovo Finance Reviews

Tell us how MotoNovo Finance made you happy
Brilliant company - no problem with securing finance for my vehicle. Paid every month for 3 years plus my bubble payment. No need to contact them as they lent me the money they didn't choose the car for me and any issues were dealt with by the car dealership - Evans Halshaw. Was accepted for a personal loan also which was approved without any problems and was able to make extra payments when I had extra cash available. The app worked perfectly and their interest rates are comparable with other companies unless you can borrow from friends or family of course!
Bought a van through a garage called 'Transporterland' 5 years ago using MotoNovo Finance.

Have made every payment on time and have been very happy with their communications and service from day 1, quick turn-around on the loan initially and no problems since.

Call centre can take a while to reach sometimes and the security on the app sometimes causes it to lock you out meaning you have to phone and have them manually unlock it but that's not too much hassle.
I have been buying cars on finance for many years through various finance companies....I found Motonovo 3 cars ago and will not buy through anyone else! They have been brilliant. I even used the find and fund my car last time and went from Kent to Colchester to get a car! I would recommend to everyone! Quite refreshing in an industry swarming with "Sharks".
Great finance company very helpful over the phone when taking out a policy with them. Offering services which a lot of other company's wouldn't becuase of my age. They even took the time to call me a month after taking out the policy to make sure I was happy with all their services and if their was anything else they could do to help. Once again great customer service.
Fabulous company. I first used MotoNovo for car finance which was the best experience I've ever had in buying cars over a 30 year period. Efficient, helpful, friendly and super smooth. I recently took out an unsecured personal loan with MotoNovo. The whole process took minutes and funds were in my account within two hours. The interest rates are excellent and I suspect MotoNovo is shaking up the industry with brilliant service and amazing competence.
I’ve personally had no issues with MotoNovo finance. I have just paid off my finance early. I borrowed around £9k and only paid just under £2k in interest over 5 years. They are always helpful on the phone. And am currently setting up another finance with them for new vehicle. My only issue is that there’s not much they do over the phone and tell you to go online or the app to make changes or payments. Also when I took out my first policy I did it over the phone and now they only let you apply online or through dealership which is annoying as sometimes you just want to speak to a person.
My situation isn't great because I'm four months now with a van that I've had issues with from day one, worst vehicle I've ever had and the van dealer is denying any defects we're present at point of sale, this is after they stated no known faults. Motonovo have never failed to answer calls from me I've called them many times and everyone has been very pleasant to deal with. Motonovo at this point are organising a vehicle rejection which I'm hoping will be done shortly. I think their terms and repayments are good for someone like me who has little credit history. I shall update my review once my defective van is resolved. 4 stars and not 5 because we are not yet quite there with these issues.
Good in terms providing the finance. They provide option of overpayment.
But if you dont call and request for reducing interest on your account they continue to charge interest (ignoring overpayment) which I feel is kind of ripoff.
They have an automated system which facilitates the payment and can easily adjust the interests for overpayment but they dont do it as it helps them to rake in millions I imagine.
Not a sensible approach especially in times when people are strugling due to Covid19.
No problem with the staff or the company as such but can never get hold of them unless you want to wait 30+ minutes, also could never log on to there system as always down or didn’t recognise log in details. Need to invest in more staff and bigger call centre
Unprofessional staff that haven't got a clue how to speak to the general public.
Very bad experience with this company when lockdown was on never again will I borrow money from this company took out special insurance out when purchased the vehicle waste off time not happy
Horrible bullying company that wouldn’t help me when I’m out of work during a world pandemic as due to government restrictions I cannot work until being told to do so again yet motonovo couldn’t give two damns about this even though I told them the immense anxiety and effect it was having on my mental health. They told me they couldn’t give me a payment deferral even due to the lockdown and no fault of my own and I have had to hand the car back and I still owe them £3414 in arrears even though I have already paid them £8000 before the pandemic and the car only cost £9500 originally 5 years ago! Absolute con artists! So I have paid all this money into a car that I have now had to hand back and have pressured and preyed on me during this lockdown and I still owe them £3000 arrears after! I will be taking them to the ombudsman as they are dodgy crooks that prey on vulnerable people! Worst decision of my life and now I am car less too!
Absolute shocking behavior from this company. Don't go near them and my advice for people is to wait, save up and buy your car directly with your own saving. I will never in my life near them again, it's just a shame I didn't research them prior. I wish I can give them zero star

Please avoid them at all costs very simple. In addition, the FCA needs to look into their interest charging practice.
Shocking, STRONGLY ADVISE AGAINST! BIGGEST REGRET IN MY LIFE; not interested once car sold, nice as pie when selling and then turn nasty when after support
Absolutely disgusted, I’m off work self employed on zero income again due to the covid pandemic and I asked for help for a payment break explaining my business has been forced to shut again I live alone can’t pay my bills yet I was told today they cannot offer me any further help and I have to surrender my car back to them! How is this legal and fair?! No empathy, cold hearted disgusting company!
Dont do it!! Awful services. Because of their mistake my credit score went down 150 points. Missed payment that never happend in 4 years. Always paid in time by DD. All they can say is sorry!!
Do not use this company! They have had my sisters car since august. She paid for an independent report at their request (£600) which showed there was a fault with the car that she didn’t cause (issue with the oil). Basically the fault was there at the time of purchase. They are refusing to fix. It will cost her £9,000 to fix now, plus £1000 cost for stripping the engine which was required when they did they report. she’s still been paying for a car finance, insurance and an alternative car for 5 months, costing thousands. She has lupus and this is making her extremely ill. She has her second baby next month and might not even have a car to get home from the hospital. Absolutely disgrace of a company. Should be ashamed.
Avoid at all cost, they will lend to anyone, even those with affordability issues, and then sting you when you get into trouble.

Bought a Diesel VW Golf on finance from MVP Vehicle Solutions in Manchester with Motonovo being the financier. I was desperate for a car and couldnt get credit anywhere else. The car developed problems with turbo, DPF filter, no end of issues.
Got no support at all. I was sick of the problems, I spoke to Motonovo constantly but they were no help. MVP Vehicle Solution then suddenly disappeared/went bankrupt. Cancelled the Direct Debit as I felt I'd been duped into buying a car with known issues. Then I lost my job and struggled with payments. 3 years later, the car is now showing as "Repossessed" on my credit file, and they are chasing me for essentially £8,000, for a car that would now be worth half of this!
BEWARE! I purchased a vehicle on MotoNovo H.P. on 27/06/2020. The car had 3 months warranty until 27/09/2020. On 14/10/2020 the engine management warning light came on and a local garage informed me that my car needed a new engine costing £10,000.
I have had an inspection by an independent engineer which reports that the fault was present at the time of purchase and is a result of poor servicing during the life of the vehicle.
MotoNovo commissioned a separate report which says that the fault is down to me.
The car was under dealers warranty until 27/09/2020 and the fault became apparent 18 days later on 14/10/2020. The bottom crankshaft has extensive wear the bearings and turbo have failed and there is metal pieces from extensive metal fatigue throughout the engine. How can all this damage have occurred in 18 days doing less than 15 miles each day. I am a disabled person and have no access to any other vehicle. This company will do anything to make a profit at the expense of the customer.
Independent garages mechanics and legal experts are flabbergasted by the brass neck of MotoNovo to renague on there responsibility. I have now to resort to the Insurance Ombudsman. I WOULD NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY AGAIN.
Was never in formed about the admin charge from the dealership when purchasing my car and when only taking a loan of £3,000 compared to people take out 5 times that you still pay the same admin fee at the begging and end of £149 so a total of £298 on top of you interest your paying back
MotoNovo Finance is rated 1.41 based on 69 reviews