Mothercare Reviews

of reviewers recommend Mothercare
Over a week

Tell us how Mothercare made you happy
I was shopping at the team valley store today at approximately 10.30am, I was buying a birthday gift for my nephew,there was a lady by the name of Susan who never once looked up from her task are approached me ,I found the toy i was wanting took it to the tills down stairs to pay i was greeted by Sarah who was very helpful she scanned my item to be told it was £19.99 yet the white pos stated £12.99 i explained to Sarah that the ticket on shelf showed £12.99 then went back upstairs to double check price Susan was there so I ask her why the ticket showed £12.99 and not £19.99,her manner was terrible,her words were that the ticket did not correspond with my item then she picked up another toy and said this is the toy for £12.99 there was no discreption in the white pos just price?I left the store unhappy,went to Argos and purchased vtech tiny for driver
When ordering for click and collect the staff couldn't find my order initially and when they did they couldn't find both boxes (I had to point it out) it was another round of slow service. They're not very proactive and do not have positive energy to help they're customers to the best of their ability.
Was sold a car seat with isofix base. When I went to collect there was no base, I was told the sales assistant made a mistake. I found the same product online with a base cheaper and they refused to price match. Therefore causing a lot of inconvenience and wasted journies to the store. They did refund the amout over the phone so I had my money back to get the same product online and cheaper!
Collected a pram and promotion advised two free items with it - baring in mind we had over a half an hour journey to our nearest store to realise when we got home that not all of the items were in the package - so another trip over there t collect. I rung customer services and spoke to Jess who advised me that she would try ring store - so she did - I was on hold for her to come back to me and say that she couldn’t get through- I quickly realised that it must be because they close at 4 on a Sunday which the Canterbury branch do - she then advised me that they were in fact still open?! She then said she would call me first thing Monday morning to confirm that the Items are definately at the store for me to collect ... in the end we had no call back as promised and my partner just decided to drive over instead and check as getting no where with customer services. All sorted we now have the items - but forget customer service as it’s non existent! Classic case of if you want something doing - do it yourself - I give a two star rating as the store staff are actually polite and good with their service - it’s just a shame the telephone operators don’t know their own store knowledge and are not calling people back when promised. We were going to order so much more but have decided to look elsewhere as cannot be bothered with all the hassle so will go to another brand for the rest of our baby list.
I worked for Mothercare for 2 years and I left because it was not the same company I joined. Management treat staff poorly, there is little to no training and you have to teach yourself. Customer service is a joke and customers' orders are never delivered on time and most of the time the orders are magically cancelled. Area managers do not care about their teams and never speak to them and everything is extremely over priced and of poor quality, especially ELC. This company has become monetized and does not care about their customers at all.
They are fine for kids clothes but don't go for electronics with them
Mothercare is rated 3.42 based on 162 reviews