Mothercare Reviews

2PM
2PM

Popular Questions:

Delivery

How does Mothercare deliver?

How can I contact Mothercare?

Tell us how Mothercare made you happy

"Don't buy online We ordered a pram with a delivery date of early March. When we checked the order the delivery was showing as the end of March. Mothercare didn't contact us to advise us of this delay. We cancelled the order however Mothercare had split the order into many parts and started to deliver them separately. Why do this! The pram is not usable without all the parts. They started taking money from our account and are still taking payments from our account despite the order being cancelled 3 weeks ago. Absolutely shambolic. Do not buy from Mothercare."
Are you Mothercare? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Very poor staff at Norwich shop, not registering all the items I wanted to buy , giving the wrong recipes after sale, really not impressed for the service I have received."
"Customercare very helpful, fast delivery."
"I am pleased with the service with mothercare all the time. The quality of products are good and the shipment is fast too."
"Partially received my click and collect order last Christmas and query the one I did not received and the customer service said the item was out of stock and will not charge you. And now, my statement came and they still charged me the item. Can't even get the proper email address to contact them nor customer service website not working. Very bad."
"We have bought a Pram in October 2018 and returned same week because it was wrong Pram. We have an autistic child and one new born baby so we ordered twin pram but recieved single child pram. I have taken this pram on finance, mothercare refunded us first payment but did not cancel the financing agreement and I am paying installments from last 5 months. I have informed mothercare and financing company both but nothing has done. both blame each other and ask to contact other but not luck yet, its been really bad that i am paying for the product that has been returned 5 months ago. these are fraudster and do not want to help customers. I dont have pram from last 5 monnths because once this sorted then i can buy pram for my kids."
"Visited the weston-super-mare branch was very disappointed. Had two year old and new born with me and no pram. Trolley was so rusty wouldn't even move asked a member of staff to come help me and got attitude. Saying we can't do anything we are closing down. I brought a mattress that was ment to have 10% and was marked at 90 pound when at the till they said someone had changed the sticker so I wouldn't be getting the discount. And made me feel as if it was me who had done it I then had to struggle out of the shop with my two young children and mattress and was offered no help absolutely disgusting I won't be attending another Mothercare and not surprised they are closing"
"Absolutely terrible terrible customer service. Don't bother ordering online, they don't send order confirmations or email receipts and then when you contact customer service they ask for your order number, which they never bothered sending you. Took 4 or 5 emails to answer one single, simple question. I'm actually completely taken aback by how terrible this online experience was, I didn't expect this from Mothercare."
"Wish I had read the reviews before! Ordered lots of items for our new nursery, I’ve taken the day off work for the delivery and they’ve delivered the wrong cotbed. I spoke to customer services who said her computer had crashed after leaving me on hold for 10 minutes. I asked her to call me back, which she didn’t. I spoke to another man who told me to keep the wrong one or ring round the stores to see if any of them had one in stock. So I could take the wrong one and replace it, at 7 months pregnant, it’s not ideal. I rang the stores to be told they don’t keep them is store, so I called customer service back. I now have to take another day off work for them to deliver a new one and I have to keep the 2 giant boxes for another 2 weeks. Definitely expected better service from Mothercare!"
"The worst customer service. The item was supposed to be delivered a month ago, instead it has been rescheduled 4 times and still no sign of it. Clearly it has been lost but instead of helping/looking for it/shipping another item mothercare just keep rescheduling my delivery! What a bunch of clowns"
"Really good services click and collect very next day subject to availability"
"Ordered a lot of toys trying to be prepared for Xmas. Delivery was really quick. And staff were great my items came as one big parcel and she helped me open it up and take it out to my car and load everything in."
"Poor customer service with online shopping. Item advertised online and only to email me 4 days later my order has been cancelled with no further explanation, however, the money is pending from my account for 5 days already and I cannot use it. Customer "CARE" Julia manager hiding behind staff-" being very busy". After 45 min on the phone, no compensation has been offered until I asked for it. They offer me their own brand Stroller, which I do not want for my child. The quality of Stokke and Mother care brand is not equal, and they are dictating what brank to use by offering their cheap product. Keep apologizing but no actions taken."
"I ordered an isofix 360 maxi cosi car seat. Was never advised it had arrived, I popped into the store and the seat had arrived but no notification had been sent! I requested help with the fitting and staff were happy to oblige. The seat was fitted but I was not happy as the base of the baby car seat did not touch the main car seat and the was a lot of lateral movement . The staff insisted it was safe I refused to accept this. They were helpful and tried the Joie 360, again I felt the fit was poor and once fixed there was too much movement, still the staff members insisted it was ok. I refused to take either seat. I felt that the staff did not have the expertise to provide this fitting. I researched both car seats and no reviews commented issues with poor fit. I eventually went to a local baby equipment supplier and tested the seats In my car again, the seats both fitted well with non of the issues experienced when at Mothercare. I purchased and had the seat fitted at my local Baby Planet store and I am satisfied that the seat is now fitted correctly. Extremely disappointed with Mothercare's fitting service, when I mentioned this in the mothercare review they refused to publish it. The staff at Mothercare were very helpful, but felt that they did not have the expertise to fit the car seat safely. This was at the Leicester store."
"Such a wide range of items to choose from online and instore .The prices have been fantastic value for money , having a 2yr old & 6 months old grandson I like to have some bits and pieces at my house. To collect instore is very convenient for me , also I always buy something else when I'm instore . Customer service are great ,& the instore staff are all so helpful and knowledgeable."
"Mothercare and their customer service department are outstanding. I can’t believe Mothercare we’re happy to fix a problem caused by another company. And send out a product free of charge to resolve the issue. Above and beyond service. Thank you again!"
"Bought a Tommee Tippee sterilizer set. Very good service. Was even given a 10% off voucher for next purchase. Very good and friendly service."
"Delivery was fast had been looking for larger vests for grandsons could only get them from Mothercare."
"Customer service is the worst I have had in a long never order from onlineor store Dealing with wild cowboys go to John Lewis such better service and customer service team that care! Just just give your money! Read this from guardian! Mothercare’s share price has slumped after it issued a profit warning following disappointing sales over Christmas. Shares in Mothercare crashed by more than 30% to an all-time low of 42.05p in early trading on Monday and closed down 27.5% at 45p. At this level, the company is valued at just £77m. The chain said UK like-for-like sales had slumped by 7.2% in the 12 weeks to 30 December, with online sales falling 6.9%. Online sales make up 42% of its total UK sales; with two-fifths of digital sales coming from iPad purchases made in store. Mothercare is now predicting a pre-tax profit of £1m to £5m for its financial year to the end of March. The City had already expected profits to halve to £10m from £19.7m."
"Excellent service. Good products."
Mothercare is rated 3.32 based on 121 reviews