Mortgage 1st Reviews

of reviewers recommend Mortgage 1st
Read Mortgage 1st Reviews

About Mortgage 1st:

Mortgage & Protection Advisers covering the whole of the UK.

Offering a modern approach to mortgage advice, in that we can deal with the entire process from start to finish via phone and email, there is no need for long intrusive face-to-face sales appointments with us. Within minutes of your enquiry, you will be allocated an adviser who will search the market to find the most suitable mortgage based on your individual circumstances. Mortgage quotes and even a decision in principle can be emailed within a matter of minutes and your mortgage application can be submitted the same day!

lisa@mortgage1st.co.uk

2 Napier Court, Gander Lane, Barlborough

Tell us how Mortgage 1st made you happy
I had few adverse credits and the advisor spent 2 hours over the phone going through my case and then he promised me to come back in 48 hours . After 3 days I rang him to ask for an update and then again on the 4th day I rang him again and then he indicated me a lender he may go to but then I had to tell him the lenders criteria and he said he will check and come back to me , again I had to chase the advisor and which point he said they did a soft credit check and it failed. Now after one week when I checked my credit report there was no credit check carried out and the advisor was lying!!!!!! Very very poor...never trust them again....
Hi Vijay Very interested to read your review which we would welcome discussing in more detail if you would like to get in touch with us directly? After speaking to the adviser and reviewing the file I can see that you emailed the adviser on the 16th of October letting him know that the property you wanted had been sold - This email seems quite contradictory in tone compared to your review as in it you wish him well and thank him for all his time and help looking at a mortgage for you I can also see from the advisers call logs that during the 5 days from your initial enquiry being received to you advising you had missed out on the property he had 7 separate telephone conversations with you – including as you stated one that lasted for nearly 2 hours and also answering and dealing with calls from you on a Sunday. I also have a copy of the decision in principle which was declined by the lender which I can happily forward on to you if you wish to get in touch – please note it can take a number of weeks for this to show on your credit file depending on which credit search provider you are using, but I believe you were advised of the decision result as soon as it was received by your adviser I completely understand your frustrations at not being able to get a mortgage due to your own adverse credit rating but also feel that the review you have left is borne out of those frustrations as opposed to being a true and factual reflection of the service you received from Mortgage 1st Many thanks
Would highly recommend Mortgage 1st and Natalie Ellis who have provided me with nothing but outstanding customer service when sorting out a mortgage for me. Nothing has been to much trouble and Natalie has provided me with regular updates and information that I’ve needed making the process fast and stress free.
Highly recommend Edward Peters and this company as your mortgage broker! Great communication and professionalism. The same day I filled out the enquiry form I had a call back from Edward and after an initial phone conversation to discuss our situation etc and go through the current market rates, we had a decision in principle back within 24 hours. After we had an offer accepted on a property, Edward was helpful in making sure we had the right documents together before processing our application with the bank to help speed things up. Our contact Chelsea Hitchen (Mortgage Processor) was also really helpful and always quick to communicate with us. Our mortgage was processes with the bank in about a week so really impressed with the turnaround.
A first class service from the beginning of my application to getting my mortgage approved, nothing was too much trouble for Natalie who dealt with my case, her communication throughout was first class with regular updates. I would highly recommend Mortgage 1st to all my family and friends.
Mortgage 1st were able to obtain a mortgage for mr after my current lender refused to lend me more. Oliver Page was excellent in knowledge, communication and advice. Sarah Cave ensured my mortgage was processed quickly and kept me informed at each stage. Both did a fantastic job under difficult circumstances (COVID)
Fantastic service. As someone who hates having to deal with financial things Oliver made everything straight forward and easy. Always felt like I had his attention even though the pandemic meant I didn’t get back to him for 4 months at one point. Will certainly be using again!
I received excellent service from Mortgage 1st. Price and delivery were perfect. I will definitely come if I buy another property or remortgage and recommend to my friends and family.
My mortgage advisor was Carol Cranshaw, who was absolutely brilliant and I cannot thank her enough. Carol because she gave me sound honest advice from the get-go.She searched the market to find me the best deal, and helped me choose a lender that I was happy with. I phoned her so many times and she was always ready to answer questions. I had a somewhat complicated situation and she dealt with it with so much professionalism. She was concerned to find me a product that fitted my circumstances well. Her advice to me was invaluable and she did not complain when it seemed like my circumstances changed last minute and needed more work from her side, even though we were at the finish line. She managed to handle my situation with a lot of skill and professionalism with the lender, which for sure contributed to the success of this process. She comes highly recommended for her tact, honesty, patience and years of experience with a major lender. Thank you Carol!
Shaun, Bev and Carly were very responsive and dealt with any issues swiftly. They kept us in the loop from the get go. We had a particularly complex case that we didn’t think would work out with a mortgage but Shaun found us a great deal and a brilliant rate. We’re very happy with our new home. Thanks! ☺️
I was searching for mortgage brokers online and came across the fantastic reviews for mortgage1st. Chris Griffiths got in touch with me after I submitted an enquiry form and he has been absolutely outstanding. From the second he got in touch the journey from enquiry to formal mortgage offer has been seamless. Sarah Cave who was also part of the team involved in my application process was also fantastic. Now, I have to say that I have exceptionally high standards. I expect the same from other people as I expect from myself - and sometimes its too high. Mortgage1st service with Chris has been swift, efficient, articulate, punctual whilst keeping me informed every step of the way. I had never used a broker before, but the service here is second to none and you get what you pay for - excellence. Email them and ask for Chris G now - you wont regret it. I didnt.
My partner and myself was looking to buy our first house, and we approached Hyat at Mortgage 1st. His advice, quick communication and his determination to help us succeed in our application was second to none. He was also very helpful in our application with the Scotland First home fund. I would have no hesitation in recommending Hyat to anyone. He is very professional and friendly. Anytime i had a question, he was always available.
I would highly recommend Mortgage 1st after they helped us to remortgage. In particular I'd mention the excellent experience we had with Elliot Skinner. He was super responsive and took time to explain options and answer questions clearly. In addition, we received timely and professional updates from Hollie Kilraine and Sarah Cave throughout the process.
We couldn't recommend mortgage first more, especially the outstanding service offered by Imran Mirza. He made a stressful process smooth and problem-free. He dealt with all our questions quickly, in detail, and always went above and beyond. We would certainly use their service again and encourage others to do so.
Great service and resolution of quite a complex mortgage change. Would use this service again
Professional service, helpful staff. Will definitely use for future mortgages.
Carol Crawshaw has been extremely helpful. Will recommend the company to anyone
Carol Crawshaw has been extremely helpful. She provided support at every stage of the mortgage application. definitely worth the fee paid. Will recommend to anyone
We used mortgage 1st because of the really good reviews they got, we can see why they got the them reviews. Carol are mortgage advisor was outstanding she helped us through this process so made whole experience so easy and stress free. Sarah and Ethan have also been great throughout this process
Carol at Mortgage 1st has been amazing from start to finish! She has been so responsive to my requirements and very efficient as I looked to remortgage. I can’t thank Carol enough for her help and assistance, very professional, friendly and accommodating throughout with outstanding attention to detail!
We received an unrivaled service from Carol at Mortgage 1st. She was dedicated to finding us the best deal for both our mortgage and life insurance. Carol kept us updated regularly, even once our application had been submitted and passed onto another member of the team for processing, she still chased up the decision and kept in touch as she knew how important it was to us. Could not have asked for more from her! We couldn't have done this without Carol and we are forever grateful for her help.
Mortgage 1st is rated 4.97 based on 204 reviews