Review and raise up to £2.00
Purchase of Grade A1 refurbished HP ProBook 430 G1 13.3" laptop.
This will never grace the website review pages no doubt but here's my regrettable experience of Morgans Computers. I shall publish it on some other domain though...
1.Contacted MC via online enquiry early January 2018 asking if additional RAM could be bought and installed on the (Grade A1) laptop and at what cost. NO RESPONSE RECEIVED.
2. Emailed MC directly with same question. NO RESPONSE RECEIVED.
3. Decided to phone and together with lots of laughter in the background (but no time to answer online/email enquiries), spoke to a very helpful sales assistant, discussing additional RAM, condition and what to do if any problem with the (Grade A1) laptop occurred. Felt reassured enough to commit to buy with extra RAM bought and fitted. RECEIVED NO CONFIRMATORY EMAIL OF THE PURCHASE.
3. Received (supposedly Grade A1) laptop in good time and once unpacked was very disappointed with the poor and rough exterior condition, so much so I didn't bother to connect and charge it up. Called MC within 20 mins of receipt and reported unsatisfactory condition and my wish to return for a (expected full) refund. Informed IT friend of condition of laptop received who commented "that's bad...".
4. Pictorial evidence of external condition requested by MC (as was explained would be needed in such circumstances by initial helpful salesman) to provide evidence and determine whether MC would collect for return at their own expense. Pics duly provided and email received from MC to confirm and acknowledge sub-standard condition and MC would arrange for the return at no cost to me.
5. DPD collected repackaged laptop and off it went. A receipt/collection docket was handed over containing info to enable the package to be tracked online if I chose to (I didn't see the need).
6. After a few days of no communication from MC that the laptop had been returned and my refund duly processed, I contacted MC by email, asking if the laptop had indeed been received and when the refund may be done.
7. Received email from Lizzy(?) confirming receipt and a refund of £x had been made. Refund £x was short by the equivalent of the initial delivery charge, which in compliance with distance selling regulations, should be refunded where goods are sub-standard to those ordered.
8. I emailed MC querying the erroneous refund amount, asking that MC's records be checked and stating, with a near-actual cost breakdown, that it was short of the full amount due. I HAVE NOT RECEIVED EVEN A COURTESY EMAIL RESPONSE TO THIS AND I'M SURE WILL NEVER RECEIVE ONE.
I haven't received the quality of what I ordered but I'm out of pocket!?
A sad indictment of this companies service and poor quality goods on this occasion and on the strength of it, I could NEVER recommend dealing with MC to anyone. Criminal and crooked perhaps? I'm sure not but that's what it makes you think.
I have subsequently arranged for the refund shortfall amount to be reimbursed by my credit card provider.
TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE MORGAN COMPUTERS!