Gadget Monocle Reviews

87% of reviewers recommend Gadget Monocle

How would you rate Gadget Monocle?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

"Comapny made a good first impression on delivery etc, but no mention anywhere in the paperwork or websiite that the supplied phone (S6 edge) wasn't an EU phone. Tried to claim on the warranty (after 12 months) for a defective screen, but Samsung won't honour the claim as it is a grey import device.(i.e. effectively warranty free). If it had been a real EU phone, then the repair would have been done FOC. according to Samsung. I'll never (knowingly) buying an expensive grey import again!"
"Dreadful company. Bought s7 edge and when it went wrong they EVENTUALLY agreed to me getting local repair and they confirmed via email they would refund £250 bill. That was three weeks ago and I've since sent them 4 unanswered mails. I've now asked PayPal to intervene. Avoid like the plague!!!!!"
"I bought a Nexus 6P 32GB for £329.99. It developer a hardware problem after less than 6 months. Gadget Monocle offered to repair the phone but were unable to repair it and have refused to replace or fully refund me. They offered a partial refund of £130 which is totally unacceptable. Lesson learned. Avoid this company like the plague. Hopefully my credit card company will eventually refund the money for me."
"I bought a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge late last year, and it was all working nicely for about a month. After which it started crashing frequently, eventually getting to the point where it wouldn't turn on for long periods of time - completely unusable. After contacting customer support, they suggested I find any old local repair centre and get a quote for repair. Every place I went to (including the official Samsung Centre) told me it wasn't possible to repair due to not being a UK model, something which wasn't advertised on the site. They then suggested I send it back to them, but then it was revealed they were based out of Hong Kong (again something not clearly advertised on their site, a surprise for a .co.uk domain), and it would take 2 months for my phone back, outrageous for something which cost £500. I attempted to ask what region the device was, in an attempt to get the correct parts, but customer support completely ignored this question every time it was asked. Truly awful customer service, a faulty device, and illegal advertising. Fortunately Paypal were able to step in and get my money refunded, and the Gadget Monocle site appears to have since been shut down - GOOD! Do not use this company."
Calvin Mason
Verified Buyer
"Excellent service! Speedy delivery and phone came in perfect condition with all accessories intact. Will use service again with pleasure."
"Phone developed a fault, sent phone back, and after 6 weeks they told me they were under no obligation to fix it even though within the warrantee period and returned the still faulty phone. Would avoid buying from them."
"Very good customer service because when I requested to return the item to them, I received a prompt reply, was updated of the progress and my query was dealt with a reasonable time without any complications."
"Avoid like the plague. Gadget monocle do provide cheap devices, however if anything goes wrong their so called warranty is largely worthless. My phone stopped working 2 months ago. After sending it to HK for repair they sent it back to me 6 weeks later in the same broken state claiming it was fixed. Over 50 emails later they are still avoiding the issue. Buyer beware, if you are lucky enough to get a working item then you will be fine, if not, prepare for a long drawn out process with no guarantee of repair, replacement or refund. Update: after asking me to organise a local repair (which they approved) they are now refusing to refund the charges because the local shop was unable to repair it, and they have the gall to ask me to try again with another more expensive provider with no guarantee they will repay the costs."
"Excellent service. Delivery times might be high but well worth the wait."
"Great service. I've ordered from this website 1 Samsung Galaxy S7 and 1 Galaxy Note 5 in different times. Everyone has been delivered quickly and at a wonderful price."
"Purchased a s6 edge plus just over a year ago. After about 9 months the screen broke. I had tried everywhere to get it fixed. Not thinking gadget monocle would do anything. How wrong I was. After 2 months of getting no where with Samson, I sent it back to gadget monocle who fixed it and sent it back in about 2 weeks. All phones have issues. It's how the company deals with problems that makes them good. Gadget monocle was problem free when fixing my phone. Well recommend. Cheers guys."
Howard Langton
Verified Buyer
"Very good service and price. Everything that was promised was delivered. However, there appears to be a security problem. Since my purchase, I have received regular and various scam emails aimed at my Apple MacBook Air and at my hacking my Paypal account. I believe the source is Gadget Monocle because this purchase is the only occasion I have used Paypal and no other company knows that I have switched from Windows to Mac. I have other good causes to believe that Gadget Monocle is the source but that I will not disclose these for security reasons. It is a pity because otherwise I would not hesitate to buy again from them or recommend them. Obviously, that is no longer possible."
Douglas Haig
Verified Buyer
"I was initially very nervous about ordering from overseas, especially considering the cost. However, they kept me up-to-date and the phone arrived safe and sound when they said it would. Great service."
"Speedy delivery, minor issue with 'bonus gift' easily resolved"
Nicolae Mironica
"Good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Shaharior Rabin
Verified Buyer
"Almost same products sold in our ships for lower price can be found here. The only difference is the they are not European versions but Asian or international. For example the galaxy A5 I bought is dual SIM like the Asian version, the European version has only one SIM slot."
Gary Clark
Verified Buyer
"everything with this purchase turned out fine,even after reading some posts saying site was a scam,gadget monocle kept me informed at all times and the item was as described,would use again. thanks Gary"
"Delivery service is crap"
"They robbed me. The item this company sold me broke down. I sent the item back back for repairs but no one has been in touch with me from this company so far. Poor customer service. Very slow replies. The business/company is not transparent. Looks like dodgy venue. Lost £485 but dealing with them."
"Bought a new phone from Gadget Monocle. It was imported but arrived promptly and unblocked (as described). Competitive pricing and emails kept me up to date with progress of order. What more could I ask for?"
Gadget Monocle is rated 4.45 based on 497 reviews