Momentum Driving School Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend Momentum Driving School
"My instructor was so impatient that the entire experience was so incredibly stressful. My real improvements came when I had private lessons with my dad who remained calm and respectful and helped me through my driving rather than bullying me. My instructor would say incredibly discouraging things to me. I ended up dreading every lesson. I passed so I'm happy but I would not recommend to anyone."
Hi, I'm really sorry to hear this. As you can see we receive very little in the way of negative reviews about our instructors but when we do we take this seriously and try to get to the bottom of what went wrong. I'd appreciate it if you would get in touch with any information so we can look into this further..
"Thoroughly unhappy with the service from start to finish. I paid £1100 for my course and took it early because my instructor told me that there was a 99.9% chance of a test cancellation. That was not the case. I waited five weeks for a test, which meant more time off work. Also, the main reason for my course was to allow me to drive a van at work. My instructor new this from our first meeting. However, he failed to tell me, until some weeks later, that the law had changed and in fact I would have to sit a different license before I could drive a van. I found the lessons to be rather dictating. I found my instructor to be somewhat aggressive at times, often impatient and completely un-supportive to me needs as a learner. I past my test, which was contrary to my instructors expectations. But to do so I took a few extra lessons with a different instructor. In total, inc time off work, the whole experience cost me over £2000. I would not recommend this service to anyone."
William,

I was a little taken aback to read this as was your instructor, Ian, who was under the impression you were more than happy with your course, given that you'd just passed and had made a point of thanking him for the service you'd received.

With regards to the test date, as we discussed with you some time ago, we do our best to try to find you a cancellation slot to shorten the wait for a test at the test centers but this isn't always possible as it relies on other pupils cancelling their test for some reason. As it happens we did in fact find your a cancellation slot and managed to shorten the normal wait by 2 months allowing you to take and pass your test in January rather than March.

Your instructor did tell me that you informed him that youe boss wants you to drive flat-bed truck for work and he informed you that he believes you may have to take a further test after you passed your car test. We only teach car lessons I'm afraid so you'll need to look elsewhere for the additional training but in any event you need to take and pass your car licence first and now you have done so I wish you the best of luck with any further training you wish to take.

I've searched my records and have no record of you contacting us about any issues with your instructor or the course (except this review) so if you'd like me to investigate further please do get in touch - you have our contact info.

Regards,

Momentum Driving School
"I have been trying to book an assessment lesson for over two weeks - i was asked for times that i was available and supplied several dates and times but no response was received and then i get options for dates and times that i hadnt suggested. I then called to make a booking and was given a date and time and told I would get an email to give me details to pay. Two days later this still wasn't received and i had an email from Momentum asking what they could do to help me proceed further! I relayed my conversation and was then sent the link to make my payment. After making the payment i was given another date, and when I asked if i could have the original date i booked they told me the driving instructor had stopped teaching!! In the space of 10 minutes from them offerring me an assessment!! Abosolutely shambolic!! I will definitely not be using this company or recommending the service!!"
Hi Raj,

I'm sorry about the issues you've had getting your assessment arranged. It seems several emails we sent didn't get to you for some reason and unfortunately we had a very unusual situation where we offered you a slot only to find that while waiting for you to confirm and pay, the instructor became unavailable. We obviously issues you with a full refund immediately and I do apologise for any inconvenience. I wish you the best of luck with your driving.

Mark
"COWBOYS BEWARE woman on the phone hasnt gotta clue what shes doing absolute div took my ten pound quick enuff i booked an hour assesment for a friday at 4.00 clock got ready for it no one turnt up checked my email to get the number to ring (would be nice for them to ring me eh)and it said your assesment is booked for monday(make ya mind up) so i get ready a seconded time and guess what NO ONE TURNED UP WTF?? oh well at least there consistent so 20 mins after these cowboys didnt turn up AGAIN i had to ring them (again it would been nice to ring me ffs)and the woman starts chatting rubbish about oh im goin to find out where she is??and ring me back then 20 minits later still havent heard from the cowboys i had to ring them (see the pattern forming here)and basicaly the woman didnt even have a lame excuse she just waffled on about il get her to ring you I DIDNT BOOK A PHONE ASSESMENT DUH so i thought im not getting any where with these charletons so i rang back to get my ten pound back and the woman BLATENTLY PUT THE PHONE DOWN ON ME thanks for getting my hopes up and excited about passing my test then letting me down twice and not giving me a refund LEARN HOW TO DRIVE IN A WEEK???? LOOOL YOU COULDNT EVEN DO THE ASSESMENT IN A WEEK YOU MUGS,HOPE THIS PUTS PEOPLE OFF SO THEY DONT HAVE TO GO THROUGH WHAT I WENT THROUGH ALL THE BEST..."
Simon,

Your assessment lessons was scheduled for today but due to a clerical error the instructor wasn't informed so didn't arrive as planned. For that I appologise and would have happily offered you a new slot free of charge.

However when we called to speak to you our staff received a torrent of verbal abuse from you that was both unnecessary and unacceptable.

Your payment for the assessment was refunded immediately once we were aware of the issue. I wish you the best of luck with your lessons elsewhere.

Momentum Driving School

"I firstly want to say that it isn't momentum specifically who I've got problem with, based on the other reviews they clearly have some excellent instructors. Unfortunately to be honest their Sheffield instructor, Richard, is poor. He completely underestimated the number of hours I'd need to pass the test and the instructor I subsequently had needed to correct a lot of the stuff which I'd been taught and I became a considerably better driver after that. I really don't like having to write a review like this, but when you spend so much money on a course like this (particularly taking into account momentum's high prices) you'd expect to get some half decent tuition for it, but sadly in my experience this wasn't the case."
Hi Tom, I was obviously upset to see your feedback, especially as we have received only good feedback for this instructor in the past. It can sometimes be difficult for an instructor accurately predict how well a pupil will progress in advance of stating the course but I will certainly take look at what was recommended for you and see if there anything we need to change to do better next time.

It sounds like youve now gone on to hopefully take and pass your test and I wish you the beat of luck for the future.

Drive safe,

Momentum Driving Schoom
Siobhan Tseesuren
Unverified Reviewer
"My name is Siobhan. I've scheduled to complete my one hour assessment lesson today at 1pm. Instructor Ehsan Mustafa did not turn up or let me know that he's running late. Called the office spoke to a lady called Angela, who did not even apologise to start with, went on to not letting me finish my sentence, got told they would ring me back. After 10 mins she rang and said the instructor has broken down and he couldn't get through to my phone even though my mobile was working perfectly fine. All I can say is what a great first impression, I cancelled the one hour assessment lesson asked for my £10 refund. I was going to spend around £600 on a 20 hours lesson. It's a real shame from the instructor to an office staff very poor customer service."
Hi Siohan,

Thanks for you feedback and sorry things didn't go to plan with your assessment today. I've spoke to the office staff and it does appear that there was a problem with your instructors being able to make it today as well as issues contacting you via your mobile phone.

We will of course refund your fee for the assessment today and would be more than happy to arrange another assessment for you free of charge if you still wished to have one at another time.

Momentum Driving School
"Terrible, two attempts to get an instructor to a simple address and failed. Dont use them, try a different company."
"Very very poor service, I wish I could tell my customers that the table they were offered isn't available because they were too late with a deposit, and telling them 24hrs later once all arrangements and time off had been arranged. Maybe I am in the wrong career. Twitter here I come"
Hi Andy,

I'm very sorry that you're disappointed that the slot we offered you was unavailable. As explained in our initial emails we can't confirm a slot until we've received your payment. Many pupils we offer these slots to can't make them so we don't secure the slot with the instructor until we've received payment. While we're usually able to secure the slot offered in your case the driving instructor in question had to use the time for one of their private pupils.

If you still wanted an assessment I'm happy to arrange one for you.

Thanks,