Moda Furnishings UK Reviews

of reviewers recommend Moda Furnishings UK
Courier, Own Driver
Read Moda Furnishings UK Reviews

About Moda Furnishings UK:

From the foundations of interior décor and design, Moda now develop some of the finest furniture and accessory pieces for the home and garden.

As a leading garden furniture specialist, Moda’s luxury rattan and inspired contemporary products help create versatile outdoor living spaces that can be enjoyed as part of the home. We have developed exclusive manufacturing techniques to provide an attractive range of multi-functional outdoor furniture and accessories that are built to last. Everything we do is carefully considered to enhance our customer’s lifestyle. Our attention to detail and commitment to innovation is central to enabling the comfort of UK homes flow out into true outdoor living experiences.

Tell us how Moda Furnishings UK made you happy
Ordered £2450.00 worth of furniture, 2 months later nothing, only automated replies to questions. Luckily paid by PayPal who have returned my money. Buyer beware!
Where do I start, took my money twice, don’t answer any emails after over a month, kept on hold for over 2 hours! This is expensive furniture and it’s embarrassing that this is how they treat customers spending a lot of money! Avoid at all costs!!!!
We ordered Moda furniture having been previously let down by Rowlinson who continually delivered damaged furniture. I must admit that reading some of the reports on here had left me in doubt as to wether I had made a good choice.

Initially my order made in June was stated as 5 to 7 weeks delivery. I was obviously ok with this or I wouldnt have ordered in the first place. Once it got to the 6 week point I decided to check on the progress. I did have the experience that so many on here have had in that I waited for extremely long times on hold waiting in a queue that never seemed to move along. I did leave my phone with the line open and it took almost 90 minutes to get an answer. I do have to say that once i got through the staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

It is probably easy for most companies at the moment to blame Covid for everything but I feel in this case the very fact that Moda depend heavily on Chinese imports of which I know firsthand that they are being heavily delayed by red tape. Moda cannot really be held to account for this as they have no control of it.

Anyhow one piece of my corner sofa set was not in stock and is expected to arrive at Moda next week on Aug 24th. They apologised for this and asked if i wanted to have what they did have in stock sent now. I agreed to this as it is in my book better to have than not. They also compensated me with a furniture cover which I was going to purchase anyway so all good there and saved me £90.

I was put throught to their delivery team and a delivery slot was arranged. I was told i would receive a text a half hour or so before delivery. They could also tell me wether it would be morning or afternoon. These days even that much information can be hard to come by. Sure enough today i awoke to an email giving me a 3 hour delivery slot in the afternoon. At lunchtime i received the promised text and sure enough the delivery van arrived on time. The delivery team of 2 (one of which was Andy. I knew this as he introduced himself on the text message). They were both friendly and polite. All items were securely boxed and the guys had a difficult time getting the boxes down a relatively narrow side entrance to my garden. They were happy to do so. I had not paid for the unpacking service so I was happy for them to leave everything in a pre-ordained place.

Now for the moment of truth. I unpacked everything and it was all in tip top condition. I was very relieved about this and now finally even though the weather is awful, have an almost complete sofa set. Hopefully when the last piece in stock is delivered it goes as smoothly as this.

All in all a positive experience even if slightly tainted by waiting times on the phone and a part delivery. But never mind, we are living in strange times at the moment and I have been treated a lot worse than this over this year with the Covid excuse!

The added photo shows the set without cushions. That is because it has been raining and didnt want them to get wet.

Thank you Moda.
BEFORE YOU BUY FROM THIS COMPANY PLEASE READ MY REVIEW. I was delighted to win 2k towards garden furniture via Instagram. We decided on the set we wanted and put £1850 towards it. DeliverY was a few weeks but it was as advised. Set was stunning but table was cracked on the corner. Informed them and they said that they would replace. Great! Now after 3 weeks of the lovely summer Weather the cushions are faded. Now not just a bit I mean they have completely bleached. ( I wish I could attach photos) Again sent photos and evidence and was advised that a new set would be ordered. Given an 8-10 week delivery. Since they were due on the 9th July I have phoned and emails and been mostly ignored. Did get one email stating they were ready for immediate dispatch on 23rd July! It’s 20th August, summer almost over and still no covers. Whilst waiting for new table top......day by day more large cracks and surface cracks developed all over the table. New table delivered. GUESS WHAT.....cracks started on this one too. Been in touch......emailed and called several times.....IGNORED....AGAIN. This set isn’t 5 months old and so far has been a nightmare. I find it very hard to believe that so many reviews are left by people praising the delivery team by their first names....I don’t think I have ever asked the names of delivery drivers....especially as it’s contactless due to covid. Also look at their Instagram and FB, any negative comments or questions regains peoples orders are very quickly hidden or removed. So you see a post with 15 comments but can only see 2 visable. Also if I had left a review based on the furniture the day I got it I would have left amazing reviews...like lots of people have....
Now I have been more than patient and understanding but poor customer service and ignoring emails and not answering phones is unacceptable. This furniture is substandard, faulty and all from a company that isn’t accessible to any help. I have never left a negative review but I hope this helps possible customers avoid parting with thousands of pounds for basically a nightmare of damaged faulty goods and shocking customer service. Gutted
We ordered the cube garden furniture set about 18 months ago and were delighted .... however ordered a parasol from them on 7th August, had confirmation email and money has been taken, and now NOTHING. Have rung customer services multiple times and get into their queuing system and then the phones disconnects when you get to about number 9 in the queue. Very concerned.
The furniture is lovely and I am really pleased with it
BUT......
Customer service has been atrocious. I ordered back in early May when delivery was 1-8 days. It took 10 weeks for my order to arrive. During this time I had no contact from Moda to say that delivery was delayed but payment was taken. I called several times, and like others had to wait for ages to speak to someone. When furniture eventually arrived it was great, delivery team set it up well and all seemed good. However, I now have an issue with one of the items, emailed and sent photos, received an automated response to say they would reply within 5 days. Now day 15 and I am still waiting, did manage to speak to someone yesterday (after a lengthy wait on the phone, customer number 45) Was promised an email and details as to how/when repair/replacement would happen, but I am still waiting.
Come on Moda, this is a great product but your customer service is really letting you down
UPDATE - Received a phone call from Moda after posting this review, they left a message but call came from a private number so no chance of calling them back. The lady on the message stated she will email me her contact details so I can contact her directly this was at 12.02pm yesterday and still no e-mail - you can't make this up absolutely shocking - can I give zero stars please...

This company portrays itself as an upmarket professional organisation, unfortunately it is so far from the truth - buyer beware.
I placed an order with this company in June, on a 6 to 8 week delivery. I have tried contacting them on numerous occasions - telephone on hold for 45 minutes at a time then repeatedly cut off. Via e-mail get no responses back only stating that they will respond in 3 - 5 working days, these days come and go with no response.
Most of the 5* ratings on here are for the delivery team, unfortunately anything prior to that is a shambles!
After checking other websites found this one had the best spec. Ordered & received on time... Great gear for my summer sessions... Had top comments from m8s.
I wish i hadnt only looked at Trustpilot for feedback. On reading more attentive it looks like the majority of 5 star feedback is written by Moda. We finally got ours after a long wait and when i left a 1 star review received a near instant call and was asked (and offered money) to delete my review.... They now claim i left a false review and not a genuine customer....
Ordered. Paid. No contact. No delivery. 2 days on the phone, 20 emails. Nothing. Just don’t waste your money please.....
Ordered In May, should have been 8 days for delivery. I received half my order 2 weeks ago after my persistent chasing - still waiting on the other half. Was told I was priority for next stock but when it arrived in I was told there were other customers in the Queue before me. The company seems rudderless, you don't get proper explanations, completely obvious some staff are reading from a script. I'm giving them 2 more weeks then I'm going to Resolver. Such a shame because the furniture that has arrived is really lovely!! Tip: If you are trying to get through on the phone, call the sales line on an evening, you'll get through straight away - you'll likely just be fobbed off once through but it eventually got me half my order.
Bought some furniture in May with an 8 day delivery time which hasn't been received still in August. Company is unresponsive to contact. The trustpilot reviews look very dodgy.
Delivery date has come and gone. No communication what so ever, phone lines just ring and ring. We all understand the present situation is difficult, but silence just creates frustrated customers.
My experience is the same as everyone else here. I have paid £3k for furniture. Told it would arrive within 5-7 days!!!!! And 2 months later have had no contact. I have called, emailed and even driven to the shop in Caterham. I am now going to take legal action against this company.
Reporting them to trading standards!!!!
Please everyone else report them
I started dealing with Moda in 2019. I spent ~£3.5k with them and was extremely pleased with the service, delivery and furniture itself.
I had a problem with a parasol I bought from them, which was damaged by light wind. I contacted them, explained what had happened during normal use and sent photographs. They were very helpful and sent me a replacement parasol at their cost (about £500).
Since then I have bought a storage box and additional sections of furniture, which have all been delivered with the same great service.
So why only 3 stars?
On May 26th 2020 I ordered another centre section for my corner suite and was given an estimated delivery date of 3-4 weeks. On 17th July 2020 I emailed them complaining that it was now 8 weeks and my furniture hasn't arrived. I got an automated email stating I would be contacted within 5 days. No further contact was made and I made several phone calls which went unanswered. After 10 weeks waiting for my furniture I finally got through on the new sales line, after a 20 minute wait, and was told the item was there in stock and the delivery team would call me to arrange delivery. I was told I would receive the furniture within 5 working days. That was today, so we'll have to wait and see if they can deliver on their promise.
I understand that COVID-19 has had a detrimental affect on many businesses, but don't expect to be treated in this manner after spending in excess of £5k with them.
3 months ago I would have whole heartedly recommended Moda and their excellent furniture. Now, I'm not so sure.
This company made false promises to me about delivery, took my money and three months later I am still waiting for my products to be delivered. Only reacted when I complained and made further assurances about delivery that have not been met either. Every time I have tried to contact their so called customer support I get a generic email in return. My advice to any prospective customers is to think long and hard before parting with your hard earned money.
I ordered almost £2k of furniture from Moda in early May based on their advertised 6 day delivery time. They quickly took the money and then told me the stock is delayed by six weeks. It's now almost August and I've heard nothing. They are not responding to email or answering phones - even on the sales lines.

Not sure what to do now but fear I've lost my money.

I would suggest keeping away from these people based on my experience and that off the other reviewers here.
Ordered in May 16th and was given 6-8 week lead time. Ordered via phone rather than online and paid. Received no communication from moda so chased myself to be told eta 13th July. That came and went with no communication. Chased again by phone 17th to be told they'd call me back. This didn't happen. Chased again and was told delivery would be yesterday. Guess what no delivery but they emailed me to say they weren't delivering which went in to my junk. Called again and no one is answering. No one relied to emails. The staff hang up on you if they do answer you. Looking at other reviews and it seems I am not alone. Wish I had never ordered from them. Just want my money back now. Looks as if delivery will never happen and other people's reviews of the actual furniture they've received gives me cause for alarm also. STAY AWAY FROM MODA DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. CROOKS!!!
I ordered a set on May 29th. Since then I've heard nothing despite numerous chases via their contact form and by phone. I've raised a Paypal resolution and I suspect many others will be doing the same.
Moda Furnishings UK is rated 3.01 based on 127 reviews