Mazuma Mobile Reviews

4% of reviewers recommend Mazuma Mobile
07AM
7AM

About Mazuma Mobile: Mazuma Mobile are UK’s favourite mobile phone recycling website. <br /> We re-home, on average, 150,000 mobiles per month - we're one of the leading mobile phone REUSE specialists in Europe and have already paid out over £68 million to 100’s of 1000’s of happy

1 Colne Way Court, Watford, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how Mazuma Mobile made you happy

customer service
Returns & Refunds
returns process
Easy
"Absolutely terrible service, sent my phone, worth £220, it got delivered almost a week ago and I’ve never received confirmation of that (other than Royal Mail) and I haven’t been paid for it, all my emails have been ignored and they don’t answer their phones."
Are you Mazuma Mobile? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"If I could give a no star rating I would , I am so angry for the second time I've sent off a perfect working phone after agreeing the price of £215 for my galaxy s8 only to be told it has screen burn the same as my galaxy s6 and said it's only worth £30 . Mazuma is a joke and to be avoided at all cost."
"Same as everyone else, my phone had been reset to factory settings by Samsung. The rep there said it was in mint condition and could expect £80 to £100 for it. Mazuma offered £73 for it, today I've been told its faulty and could only offer me £7. What a complete rip off. Go elsewhere, my husband is a solicitor and I am considering legal action."
"Sent in my iPhone 7 for an agreed price of £180 - perfect working order. Had an email weeks later saying they would offer £11 as the phone has a raised touch screen. The phone has a screen protector on, not a raised touch screen. There call staff then informed me the screen protector had been removed for testing and there is actually a lose screw under the screen - I requested the report to prove this along with my phone back. Received my phone back with the screen protector still in place! The screen itself is imaculate (being just 2 weeks old....) It is not raised at all bar the screen protector which clearly their agent was lying about. Email Comms sinces to try and resolve this have been exceptionally rude and unprofessional, at one point even being told "you've got your phone I don't know what more you want from me" in response to my request for the technicians report and a formal complaint to be raised. Just FYI they can't prove the "faults" they state, as per Mazumas email correspondence to me, as they don't make or keep reports, so chances are they just offer silly money for 90% of phones sent in because they can get away with it. This company is an unregulated sham. Do not bother using them ever."
"Update: After re-instating my order, following receiving this complaint, Mazuma proceeded to tell me that my phone was damaged and that it was worth 1/10th what I was offered. Knowing this to be completely false, I asked for it back. After 3 phone call complaints, they eventually returned it over 2 weeks later (after also offering me "£30 of free mazuma goodies" if I changed my review, which I refused), they proceeded to return the wrong phone -- not even a similar one (a cracked iPhone SE rather than a mint Galaxy S7)!! I rang, complained and was promised a call back, what hasn't yet materialised. Still impossible to reach them via phone during most times of the day. Mazuma - kindly return my phone unharmed, or pay me the price we originally agreed; this has been going on for over a month and is is bordering on criminal, hence I will be seeking legal advice if this isn't sorted within 24 hours. Sent phone: Royal Mail marked it as received, but Mazuma did not. They proceeded to tell me that I have taken too long to return my phone via email, attempt to make a phone call to me during the day from an 0345 number (which I couldn't return due to working), didn't leave a message, then immediately cancelled the order for the reason that "the customer couldn't be contacted". The order was then removed from my account and couldn't be queried. I've tried 15 times over 4 days to phone, but the line either rings out or is engaged. Emails also remain unanswered and my phone and payment are nowhere to be found. For this reason, I would recommend flinging your phone into a river over "selling" it to Mazuma as at least this would be a quicker way of losing it."
"Like others. We were quoted £105. They received the phone and said it had a cracked screen do offer lowered to £27! We had the phone returned. It is in immaculate condition having always been in a case and with a screen protector. Don’t waste your time using this company!"
"Like everybody else on here, this company is an aboslute scam, I sent in a perfect condition Samsung Note 8 which was quote value of £260, then they revalue it at £110 saying there is issue with burn screen which there is not. I will ask them to return it back to me and will go elsewhere. Complete waste of time."
"I had the same issue as everyone else told me my Samsung S8 had screen burn and need replacing. Absolute scam devalued it from £215 to £40.40. Got it returned and sold it elsewhere without issue. They don't answer the phone and dont reply to emails. Avoid this company."
"Steer clear of them absolute waste of time. Quoted over £90 for two Samsung Galaxies that worked perfectly well when I sent them to Mazuma only to receive the exact same email about both phones saying the screen had dots mainly on white background therefore needed new Lcd screens and therefore worth nothing. Now having these returned to sell elsewhere. Waste of time and massive inconvenience"
"Avoid! Same as everyone else here, I had the standard response for my s7 - offered 110 then got an email after they received it that due to lcd screen burn the offer has been reduces to £16. What a total waste of time, as if I'd actually accept that blatant scam. Awaiting return of my phone and next time I'll just sell privately seeing as these people are just con artists."
"Wish I’d read all these reviews before. Same as everyone else really. Sent an iPhone 7 in perfect condition expecting £149 and had an email saying it had ‘dark marks on back camera’ and amended price to £40. Nothing wrong with camera was taking pics until the day I sent it to them. Waiting for phone to be returned to me. Tried calling dozens of times but line either engaged or doesn’t pick up."
"Used them several times before, always excellent service. Just sold a galaxy S6 and surprise surprise like everyone else, the sale was amended due to screen burn. Rubbish, there was nothing wrong with it. I can only assume the company that took them over in 2018 are the cowboys and brought a once excellent firm to its knees. Very sad. Avoid them."
"Initial contact and postal arrangements were first class. The tracker said it was delivered on Sat 16th. By Tues I had heard nothing so tried to phone. Either engaged or no answer after 12 minutes of ringing. Then I received an email telling me that their offer had gone from £25 to£0. The phone was only an Huwawei P9 lite was in immaculate condition, in fact, I nearly didn't upgrade it. They say that the screen has white spots. I rang again and actually got through. The girl basically said "tough". I asked for the return of my phone. Will never use Mazume again, nor recommend them to anyone. Disgusted!!! Surely this Company needs investigating."
"Awful company.... got a new phone so thought I'd send my old phone in. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. But they came back saying the screen needed replacing and offered me £15. This may I add was a week later. They will try there luck with anyone. Honestly save yourself the hastle and sell it on the high street."
"Awful company paid for next day delivery they recieved it that morning with an email letting me know saying I'll receive payment later that day... got to about half 3 didn't hear anything so called up the assured me it would be sent around half 5 so half 5 came and nothing so called again was ringing for 25 minutes in total constantly and no answer then eventually they turn the phones off completely. So next morning get an email saying it's been processed I'll receive the payment today brilliant got to about half 3... nothing so I called again eventually got through yes it's been sent it's down to your bank now spoke to my bank they've not heard anything of it, called back no answer for 1 hour trying to get through so I figured I can dm them on Twitter this is after they still haven't replied to my emails from the first day so thought I'd give it a shot got a reply yes it will be sent around half 5 even though I was told it's been sent which was wrong apparently... it's now 5 and still no sign of any money and can imagine the same will happen again tomorrow, plenty better ways to trade a phone in than through mazumamobile."
"Sent them a iPhone 7 in perfect condition. They emailed me back saying that the screen was cracked and that the price has dropped from £180 to £49. They are trying there luck hoping to get a iPhone for £49. I advise anybody to stay clear from this firm. Go somewhere else."
"Sent my iPhone to them and just received an email saying the screen is faulty !! The phone was in perfect condition before I sent it and I even bubble wrapped it and I’ve never had a problem!! They are cow boys trying to con you out of money !! I will never use them again . Waiting for my phone to be returned"
"Cowboys !! Don't send in any phone still under contract !! They use a company called checkmend.com to all check phones. If your phone has 1 month left under contract, they will quarantine it. There are other recycles who don't do checks !!!! Do some research........."
"Dreadful, sent phone off after £215 valuation. Phone arrived on the Monday morning, no contact whatsoever until I chased numerous times the following day (phone is very rarely answered) despite promises on the website of email confirmation of receipt of phone and same day payment etc. Finally get an email with re-evaluation of £40 due to "Imprint burns" new screen required was an excuse used to drop valuation. Considering I had never noticed an issue and had used the phone until I had sent it off and after a bit of research on the Internet, this seems to be a standard response with android phones and if you send an iPhone, they will claim a raised screen. They offered to send the phone back but without the original box they requested I sent it to them in. Finally accepted offer in order to get the whole ordeal over with. Absolutely disgraceful from start to finish. Do not use."
"What a common topic hotspots or screen burn appear to be. Just had the same reply from mazuma. Sent a Samsung S7 edge. Absolutely mint condition. Has had a screen protector and back case on since new. Told had a hotspot. Price reduced from £120.00 to £32.00. Contacted by phone and requested a return, which I have received today. Also mentioned the condition of the phone and that photos were taken prior to sending, showing their mail package in the photos. Return postage was tracked. BEWARE"
Mazuma Mobile is rated 1.17 based on 138 reviews