Matalan Reviews

80% of reviewers recommend Matalan
04AM
4AM

Tell us how Matalan made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Over 7 Days
Over a week
JoThomson68
"I bought an item on line, when it arrived it had a security tag on it!! customer service advised i should go to the store to have it removed!!!! #30mileroundtrip #inconvenient #bonkers #notasolution !! #headagainstabrickwall https://t.co/Jw1K4be64m"
Louise Dart
"Very happy with the curtains I brought. Nice quality for a good price."
Rachael Beech
"Lovely chairs, great prices and fantastic customer service!"
"Online stuffs perfect"
Are you Matalan? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Online service is good"
"From order to delivery 8 days this is not good enough"
"I purchased some boots before my visit to the UK, however, they were due within 5 working days and they did not come for 6, so I had left and wont get to try them till I am back in the UK, not a problem for most I am sure :)"
How would you rate the quality of our products
"Not such an efficient service as other retailers but ok if you are willing to wait"
How would you rate the quality of our products
"I love the clothes in M atalan Wellingborough but as I am disabled I find standing in the queue to pay for them, often over 10 minutes, unexeceptable. Primark have a disabled till in every shop why can't you help us. After going in today I now find I am in terrible pain and won't be going in again in a hurry which is unfortunate as I love your items."
"Clothes are reasonable value but the quality could be better"
How would you rate the quality of our products
"actual product were great. delivery on the other hand was the worst ever really stressful."
"Delivered on time."
How would you rate the quality of our products
"Delivery updates could have been better.. Kept receiving updates to say i would be receiving and never did, had tio keep calling"
"Ok but could be better on checkout for promo code took about 10 x to rectify"
"by selling reasonably priced items. But unhappy with the level of cashiers and very very slow service."
How would you rate the quality of our products
"Quick and easy to order, c"
How would you rate the quality of our products
"Kept in touch with me right up to delivery so knew when it was coming"
How would you rate the quality of our products
"Chairs quite good quality, disappointed for the money we paid that we had to make them ourselves. paid extra for a named delivery date thinking I would get to choose the day & time, no got a email they day before then got 1/2 hr notice of delivery so my husband had to rush out of work. so not really bad service but there is room for improvement, I am quite happy with the chairs though."
How would you rate the quality of our products
"The delivery was very poor. There were several boxes of lighting all delivered in an individual pile almost toppling over in damaged boxes. I had also paid to upgrade delivery to a chosen time slot, but they gave me the time slot. I emailed Matalan Direct who simply responded sorry you misunderstood our delivery method! Not a good experinece. Items not used yet, but seem fine having inspected the damaged boxes."
How would you rate the quality of our products
"After ordering 2 x bedside tables in grey I received one damaged, a replacement was sent out as to replace the top of the unit, but it was he wrong colour, I am still waiting for one of the customer service representatives to call me back, I spoke with them on Friday 24th March, have to say I'm not happy at all."
How would you rate the quality of our products
"Ease of purchase easy and straight forward/ Delivery on time/ Quality of Coffee Table not so good was brought on special offer from Matalan Direct so glad never brought at full price, Finish of wood disapointing had marks on it less than 24hours and it only had coasters on it also corner was slightly damaged but highly visible. wondering why i did not return long story short this was 3rd coffee table brought in less than 2 weeks, i had seen this one before but could never find it in stock anywhere then after second one brought it pops up on Matalan site so with great excitement i brought it which caused lots of family to chastise me and now they are also laughing at me as its not as good as i thought would be, Sorry Matalan but feeling very let down over this."
How would you rate the quality of our products
"First product which was delivered was heavily damaged. Paid £20 for 2 man delivery. One man carried the item, couldn't see where he was going and dropped the item into my front door, scratching it. Replacement item was in better condition , but still not perfect."
How would you rate the quality of our products
"Matalan can only very occasionally make me happy.. but at the best of times I leave the store without getting what I want because there are never any right sizes. I have identified this as a problem for some while, stock is not being monitored carefully especially in the Swansea stores. I am an average built male and usually wear medium sized tops, t-shirts, sweat shirts etc, and 32 regular in jeans. I am finding pretty much all the time that there is always way to much stock in sizes large, extra large and extra extra large , but very little stock in small and medium. Its the same with jeans , way too much 36 plus waist and not enough (if any) left for sizes below. Its almost like too much stock is being ordered for the larger sizes and not enough of the most popular sizes for average built men. Quite often I visit the store to get something and leave disappointed, I then go back a week later , sometimes even 3 weeks later and the stock left is pretty much exactly the same as it was at my first attempt. You (Matalan) are losing a lot of business due this problem, I have several family members and friends who have noticed exactly the same"
Matalan is rated 4.17 based on 1,453 reviews