Matalan Reviews

79% of reviewers recommend Matalan
6PM
6PM

Tell us how Matalan made you happy

Over 7 Days
Over a week
Returns & Refunds
refunds process
Difficult
"placed order for delivery on 22nd august - still waiting for delivery 9 working days later on 4th September. terrible service. Emails go unanswered, just an automated reply, the phone line for online orders (described as "our friendly customer service team") just cuts you off and if you choose "store" selection you are left listening to the on-hold music and being told "we know you are waiting" for over 5 mins (i gave up then). will never order from them again."
Are you Matalan? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
How would you rate the quality of our products
"Absolutely Appalling Service!! I ordered a pair or boots from Matalan online and received notification that my order was being processed. One week later I received an email to say this item was now out of stock. I have ordered many items from bigger stores than Matalan and recieved every order within 3 days, yet Matalan take a week to tell me they are out of stock. I am still waiting for my refund 10 days later. I have phoned customer service for this refund and each time I've given up after a 30 minute wait ....... do here I am, no order and still waiting for my refund. Come on Matalan, this is MY money, not yours....... Refund please!!!"
"Ordered Fiera Kitchen Mixer Tap almost 3 weeks ago. Received emailed shortly after saying that my item had been dispatched. After waiting over a week I emailed them to enquire where my tsp was. They took 2 days to reply. They apologised for the delay & said should receive my order in the next few days. That was a week ago. Poor service , the worst I have ever experienced. Stay way a way for ordering from this establishment."
Good evening David, please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in despatching your order, this was due unprecedented interest in the promotion which created a backlog of orders resulting on some orders exceeding our typical delivery timeframes for this product. We have taken onboard the feedback and implemented changes to ensure future promotions don't result in these types of delays. Kind regards. Karl
How would you rate our delivery service
"I ordered a number of items amounting to £100 - 3 weeks ago - with next day delivery. The order never arrived. I complained after about a week of waiting and was told they would 'investigate' what happened. After a further week of no contact, I got in touch with them again and they said they were waiting for a response from the courier to help with their 'investigation'. At this point - they gave me a refund for the delivery fee of £5 but not the purchase amount of c£100. So in essence, they accept that the delivery was faulty and refunded its fee but have not provided a refund for the products themselves (which they clearly now know never arrived!). We're now in week 3 and I complained some more .. they told me they have now 'ESCALATED TO A PHONE CALL' with the courier - which is frankly just offensive! I am APPALLED at the utter disregard MATALAN has for their customers and have essentially been ROBBED. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS TERRIBLE COMPANY!! You will regret it."
How would you rate the quality of our products
"trying to get a delivery date was an impossible task.No problem with the product but the actual delivery is a nightmare"
How would you rate the quality of our products
"I will never shop with matalan again. They dropped the item I ordered by £50 a few days after I ordered but refused to give me the refund. I then found the same item on a competitors website £100 cheaper. The whole experience left a very sour taste."
How would you rate the quality of our products
"Although beautifully packed, upon removing my bath panel I noticed that there was a piece missing on the edge where, presumably it had been dropped. After sealing the fault to hopefully stop it swelling in the moistness of the bathroom, this was disguised beneath the lip of the bath, hence no need to return the panel."
Hi Claire,

I’m really sorry to hear that the bath panel arrived damaged. We strive to deliver all of our orders in perfect condition, however on this occasion that was not the case and for that I sincerely apologise.

On the rare occasion that a customer does receive a damaged product we would almost always offer a replacement to be arranged at no additional charge.

I am pleased to here that the issue hasn’t caused you any more inconvenience and that you’re now able to enjoy your bathroom once again.

Should you wish to discuss this issue further then please do not delay in contacting myself or colleagues on 03333443177 (8am - 6pm Monday to Friday or email us at hello@matalandirect.com

Many thanks,

Danan
How would you rate the quality of our products
"I can only say how poor their customer service is! The website promises delivery in 2-4 days I had to wait 15 days The day of delivery came and the guys who delivered were fine but they arrived 2 hours after promised delivery time! Two items were wrong and when I phoned they made me pay up front to get the new item delivered and I have to wait until they collect the items before I get a refund! The customer service is the worst I have ever experienced! Let hope the bathroom suite lives up to expectations!"
"brought online next day delivery items did not arrive,,, have not received MATALAN WILL NOT REFUND, they show some photos of parcels dumped in some street in the uk,,, now writing to head office and reporting to consumer rights,,, VERY BAD STORE TO DEAL WITH LOST ME AS A CUSTOMER AND I SPEND A FORTUNE"
"Ordered on Thursday at 7.30 in the morning paid the £2 extra for next day delivery to the store (should have arrived Friday) went to the store to collect on Saturday to be told it hadn’t arrived. Called customer services who said they would investigate and email me, no further contact and still no package! Very disappointed in the service"
"I’m am disgusted with the way I was spoken to today in my local matalan store. I wanted to return some bedding that I had only taken the pillow case out of to discover that is was extremely poor quality and all threads hanging off it. Only to be told that I can’t return it as it had been opened even though it was all fine. Then she proceeded to tell me she had worked there 20 years and no one has ever managed to package bedding back up. This may sound ridiculous but to be spoken to like I am stupid and I can’t return this poor quality item to a well known store is beyond me"
"Super duper shitttt service manager the fatty stupid lady is so so rude and on the top staff is so rude"
"I made a complaint about falsely being accused by your store manager. I had paid for goods he failed to see this. It was all confirmed he was wrong. I made a complaint by email they offer £10 compensation. Complete joke of a customer service department. I’ve now sent 5 emails and made 3 calls to speak with a senior manager. Absolutely no reply and customer services claim they can’t put you to a senior manager. They simply ignore you when you make a complaint I’ve only scored one because it won’t let me score less. Never had such a bad experience and the fact they ignore me is dreadful. I’m left with one cause of action to take legal action against them. I told them this and they still don’t make any effort to contact me. Total and utter disgrace. I for one won’t be buying from them again"
"Unable to use a refund voucher, staff are very unhelpful. Will never shop here again, friends and family also. Disgusting company."
"I am absolutely disgusted with the way Matalan have treated me. An unauthorised purchase was made to Matalan through my account, I informed them as soon as I realised (the order hadn’t got to the store yet) they said they would cancel the order an issue me with a refund. I didn’t get a refund so phoned back about a week later. They not only didn’t refund me they let the person collect the goods from the store and now after speaking to them many times are not taking any responsibility. I have been made to feel that I am responsible (their exact words were “it’s not Matalan company that are responsible for this fraudulent transaction” yes I know that but you let a criminal walk away with your goods after being informed of the situation. I have spent 3-4 hours over the last 2 weeks trying to resolve this with no answers. I am absolutely disgusted with the behaviour of such a big company, surely they should have something in place so this can’t happen, but every time I try and ask how this happened I get fobbed off. Can’t stress enough how rude and ignorant the customer service team were to me and how frustrating it was trying to explain the situation numerous times."
"Changing rooms closed,, can't return items, can only exchange,, seemed to be plenty of staff around to supervise the changing room,, but they solely there to tell you not to use the changing rooms,, then a que to the disabled loo,,,, why,,, because everyone with any sense is using that to try the items on before buying,,, short sighted policy"
"Horrible service rasict as my mother could not speck the staff laughed at her waited for store managers they were outside having a fag the items what we retured were put back on the rail an on the shop floor as the coat was bit off with rat or mince bites"
"Appalling service and don't waste your time trying to contact customer services. Ordered two items on the 1st November and paid for next day delivery. On the day I was supposed to collect I got an email to say one of the items was out of stock. At 5.30pm I received notification that the one item was in store but was too late in the day and got a similar item elsewhere. Since then I have been waiting for a refund, despite emailing a number of times. Frustrating. Poor customer service. Not worth the hassle."
"Still awaiting 2 missing items out of my order. Customer service waste of time they say it has been escalated and will contact me back when they find out what has happened. I have waited 4 days now and no one has contacted me!!! Disgusting service, after years of shopping with you. You do not even deserve 1 star."
"I ore dedicated on line they took my payment then about an hour later I received a email saying they not got my product in store so I have to am want for a refund up to 7 days ridiculous"
Matalan is rated 4.13 based on 1,485 reviews