Matalan Reviews

80% of reviewers recommend Matalan
06AM
6AM

Tell us how Matalan made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Over 7 Days
Over a week
JoThomson68
"I bought an item on line, when it arrived it had a security tag on it!! customer service advised i should go to the store to have it removed!!!! #30mileroundtrip #inconvenient #bonkers #notasolution !! #headagainstabrickwall https://t.co/Jw1K4be64m"
Louise Dart
"Very happy with the curtains I brought. Nice quality for a good price."
Rachael Beech
"Lovely chairs, great prices and fantastic customer service!"
"placed order for delivery on 22nd august - still waiting for delivery 9 working days later on 4th September. terrible service. Emails go unanswered, just an automated reply, the phone line for online orders (described as "our friendly customer service team") just cuts you off and if you choose "store" selection you are left listening to the on-hold music and being told "we know you are waiting" for over 5 mins (i gave up then). will never order from them again."
Are you Matalan? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
How would you rate the quality of our products
"Absolutely Appalling Service!! I ordered a pair or boots from Matalan online and received notification that my order was being processed. One week later I received an email to say this item was now out of stock. I have ordered many items from bigger stores than Matalan and recieved every order within 3 days, yet Matalan take a week to tell me they are out of stock. I am still waiting for my refund 10 days later. I have phoned customer service for this refund and each time I've given up after a 30 minute wait ....... do here I am, no order and still waiting for my refund. Come on Matalan, this is MY money, not yours....... Refund please!!!"
"Ordered Fiera Kitchen Mixer Tap almost 3 weeks ago. Received emailed shortly after saying that my item had been dispatched. After waiting over a week I emailed them to enquire where my tsp was. They took 2 days to reply. They apologised for the delay & said should receive my order in the next few days. That was a week ago. Poor service , the worst I have ever experienced. Stay way a way for ordering from this establishment."
Good evening David, please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in despatching your order, this was due unprecedented interest in the promotion which created a backlog of orders resulting on some orders exceeding our typical delivery timeframes for this product. We have taken onboard the feedback and implemented changes to ensure future promotions don't result in these types of delays. Kind regards. Karl
How would you rate our delivery service
"I ordered a number of items amounting to £100 - 3 weeks ago - with next day delivery. The order never arrived. I complained after about a week of waiting and was told they would 'investigate' what happened. After a further week of no contact, I got in touch with them again and they said they were waiting for a response from the courier to help with their 'investigation'. At this point - they gave me a refund for the delivery fee of £5 but not the purchase amount of c£100. So in essence, they accept that the delivery was faulty and refunded its fee but have not provided a refund for the products themselves (which they clearly now know never arrived!). We're now in week 3 and I complained some more .. they told me they have now 'ESCALATED TO A PHONE CALL' with the courier - which is frankly just offensive! I am APPALLED at the utter disregard MATALAN has for their customers and have essentially been ROBBED. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS TERRIBLE COMPANY!! You will regret it."
How would you rate the quality of our products
"trying to get a delivery date was an impossible task.No problem with the product but the actual delivery is a nightmare"
How would you rate the quality of our products
"I will never shop with matalan again. They dropped the item I ordered by £50 a few days after I ordered but refused to give me the refund. I then found the same item on a competitors website £100 cheaper. The whole experience left a very sour taste."
How would you rate the quality of our products
"Although beautifully packed, upon removing my bath panel I noticed that there was a piece missing on the edge where, presumably it had been dropped. After sealing the fault to hopefully stop it swelling in the moistness of the bathroom, this was disguised beneath the lip of the bath, hence no need to return the panel."
Hi Claire,

I’m really sorry to hear that the bath panel arrived damaged. We strive to deliver all of our orders in perfect condition, however on this occasion that was not the case and for that I sincerely apologise.

On the rare occasion that a customer does receive a damaged product we would almost always offer a replacement to be arranged at no additional charge.

I am pleased to here that the issue hasn’t caused you any more inconvenience and that you’re now able to enjoy your bathroom once again.

Should you wish to discuss this issue further then please do not delay in contacting myself or colleagues on 03333443177 (8am - 6pm Monday to Friday or email us at hello@matalandirect.com

Many thanks,

Danan
How would you rate the quality of our products
"I can only say how poor their customer service is! The website promises delivery in 2-4 days I had to wait 15 days The day of delivery came and the guys who delivered were fine but they arrived 2 hours after promised delivery time! Two items were wrong and when I phoned they made me pay up front to get the new item delivered and I have to wait until they collect the items before I get a refund! The customer service is the worst I have ever experienced! Let hope the bathroom suite lives up to expectations!"
"Still awaiting 2 missing items out of my order. Customer service waste of time they say it has been escalated and will contact me back when they find out what has happened. I have waited 4 days now and no one has contacted me!!! Disgusting service, after years of shopping with you. You do not even deserve 1 star."
"I ore dedicated on line they took my payment then about an hour later I received a email saying they not got my product in store so I have to am want for a refund up to 7 days ridiculous"
"Ordered online 1st October no sign of any goods . Contacted customer service and they promised to investigate and reply ....nothing received back . Drive to my store to see if they had it ..but no . Paid for goods and not received Anything. Will be claiming and reporting to my credit card"
"I ordered goods on the 25th August, no dispatch notice was sent but some of them arrived over a week later. I queried the missing items to be told several days later that they were out of stock when I ordered but the website hadn't refreshed. I queried the appalling lack of communication with them and am yet to receive a response a month later. Still they haven't taken any money either!!"
"Receiving rewards and a VIP card for the person who fraudulently used my husbands debit card on their website for £297. Contacted customer services twice still no reply. Feels like a kick in the teeth. Certainly won’t ever step foot in a Matalan"
"I ordered boots online to be delivered to a Matalan shop. I got the email to say they were on the way. Then nothing! I called customer service waited 20 mins to be told the order was lost. Can you believe Matalan can not deliver an order to their own shop. Customer service person disinterested really unhelpful. Will I use Matalan online service again. NO WAY!"
"I placed an online order Matalan cancelled it saying out of stock. This item was still available to buy online the same day. I phoned C S to be told yes it was available so reordered. Over a week later part of the order was delivered. Again I called C S who blamed the delivery company they said they would look into it and get back to me in three days. I phoned the delivery company who told me they had collected all Matalan had given them so they blamed Matalan. This is terrible service from Matalan and their online delivery system is not fit for purpose. I am out of pocket with only part of my order and Matalan do nothing. What a way to treat a customer. The company they use for delivery are used by much bigger companies and have delivered parcels here often with no problems. I will never shop online with Matalan again ."
"I order products in the beginning of August. After about 2 weeks my order arrived minus about £17 worth of goods. I got an email saying these items we're cancelled as were out of stock. However my statement arrived yesterday and I've noticed they took all the money from my order including the £17 of goods that were cancelled. It is now 25th September. A whole month and more since the order and I still have not had my money returned. If I hear nothing back soon from my complaint I will take it up with trading standards...."
How would you rate the quality of our products
"Disgusting service.ordered next day delivery arrived days later! Only to be informed of items out of stock.went online the items out of stock were still available to buy.order arrived had missing items.customer service on phone very poor.will never shop at Matalan again.very disheartened."
"Ordered online a floor lamp it was half price very disappointed though collected it from shop got it home the shade was bent up and it had a chip at the bottom of the Base sent email 2 days ago to CS no reply yet disgraceful."
"Everytime I have ordered with Matalan the orders are delayed. The online service is very poor. I have decided to take my purchasing elsewhere. They even send an automated response if you email customer service saying orders are delayed no reason why it must be the norm for them to provide a poor service. The overseas customer service team is also very poor."
Matalan is rated 4.17 based on 1,453 reviews