Matalan Reviews

D
Happiness Grade
Read Matalan Reviews

About Matalan:

<a href="http://direct.matalan.co.uk">Matalan Direct</a>- Your destination for modern family living, made easy. Bringing stylish and practical home furnishing and improvement products direct to your door, at the click of a button and without the need to leave your home. It’s everything we couldn’t fit in store, but still at the great value you’d expect from Matalan.

We understand that for modern families, the easier, quicker and more direct we can make things, the better and that’s why our friendly advisers are on hand to answer your questions, both online and over the phone.

Matalan have a Customer Happiness Grade of D. Customers love their prices but are unhappy with their delivery and refunds.

A

Price - Excellent

95.45%
Industry Average
Easy online purchases and quick delivery. Good choice of kids clothes in store and reasonable price.
- Sam
Great shopping experience. Lots of clothing that's reasonably priced and easy to wear. Shame they keep changing the shape on their mens tshirts though. Hubby used to always wear their tshirts when it was the AW branding but not its changes to easy branding the fit is entirely different and the fabric a bit too heavy.
- Anonymous
Good quality cheap prices.
- robin halton
E

Delivery - Slow

36.36%
Industry Average
50 on 13/10/19 and paid a premium for next day delivery.
- Bridget E.
Paid for next day delivery to then be tolled next day dose not mean next day ??? Ordered 26th now 29 th still no text to say I can collect
- Anonymous
Do not pay for next day delivery I ordered a lampshade on 26th paid extra (click & collect ) or as stated next day delivery it's now 29th I rang to ask why to be told next day does not actually mean next day ?????
F

Refunds - Difficult

24.53%
Industry Average
I recently purchased a Matalan gift voucher for my brother in law for Christmas. He has now recently left my sister but Matalan has said;I am not allowed a refund . I'm very angry with the so called Customer service.
- Anonymous
the store manager refused to refund offered an exchange or credit note, I asked if I could speak to customer service, was told yes but you won't understand them they are in Bulgaria !! (why do you have customer service in Bulgaria if they don’t speak English) I said that was fine though and could I use a phone as I had not got mine, I was refused, I am thinking how can this happen for a second time, then she said in front of the staff and customers, I remember you, you are the one (not lady) that brought back legging, I refused the return then because you had no receipt (I had my PayPal receipt) (it was the same person) I came out of the store shaking and upset, how can a manager speak to anyone this way, especially in front of other customers who were all watching along with the staff.
- Sharon
I was unable to collect my click and collect order from the store. This was returned for refund on 5th of August. Still awaiting refund 13th September. Keep being told it is subject to an internal investigation.
- Sylvia Wills
D
51.91%
Industry Average
Appalling customer service - I ordered items which my daughter had asked for and when I picked the parcel up half were missing but I had no communication to say this was the case.
- Anonymous
Lost my order, which was gift for someone. Called the call centre which is based abroad. Useless customer service. No idea how to deal with customers and very rude. They also cut you off on purpose.
- Fazlekarim Adam