Matalan Reviews

D
Happiness Grade
Read Matalan Reviews

About Matalan:

<a href="http://direct.matalan.co.uk">Matalan Direct</a>- Your destination for modern family living, made easy. Bringing stylish and practical home furnishing and improvement products direct to your door, at the click of a button and without the need to leave your home. It’s everything we couldn’t fit in store, but still at the great value you’d expect from Matalan.

We understand that for modern families, the easier, quicker and more direct we can make things, the better and that’s why our friendly advisers are on hand to answer your questions, both online and over the phone.

Matalan have a Customer Happiness Grade of D. Customers love their prices but are unhappy with their delivery, customer service and refunds.

A

Price - Excellent

93.75%
Industry Average
Easy online purchases and quick delivery. Good choice of kids clothes in store and reasonable price.
- Sam
Great shopping experience. Lots of clothing that's reasonably priced and easy to wear. Shame they keep changing the shape on their mens tshirts though. Hubby used to always wear their tshirts when it was the AW branding but not its changes to easy branding the fit is entirely different and the fabric a bit too heavy.
- Anonymous
Good quality cheap prices.
- robin halton
F

Delivery - Slow

29.63%
Industry Average
I ordered online to be delivered to my local Blackburn store, the estimated delivery was 3-5 days.
- Anonymous
The first order had a couple of items missing, however they were on the delivery note.
- Anonymous
Placed order and received delivery date as the 6th which would make it a wait time of 7 days.
- Terry
F

Refunds - Difficult

26.79%
Industry Average
A refund (in the form of gift cards) is only given when you return the goods that you have ordered.
- Anonymous
Requested replacement rather than refund, but got refund anyway.
- Anonymous
I recently purchased a Matalan gift voucher for my brother in law for Christmas. He has now recently left my sister but Matalan has said;I am not allowed a refund . I'm very angry with the so called Customer service.
D
50.00%
Industry Average
Visited at quiet time on a Friday morning. One worker on till whilst another stood chatting to them. We stood in queue whilst they finished their chat. Appalling customer service. Think some training is required
- Anonymous
Shocking experience with Head Office customer services. Even store staff exasperated by the inability of Head Office to ratify store decision. Seem to take an approach of "we don't believe you", so let's start from there. Absolutely clueless how to deal with customers. Head of their customers services seriously needs to understand the importance of people skills.
- Anonymous
Terrible service from both.