Matalan Insights

Matalan have a Customer Happiness Grade of C. Customers love their prices, delivery and customer service but are unhappy with their returns process and refunds.

C
Happiness Grade

About Matalan: <a href="http://direct.matalan.co.uk">Matalan Direct</a>- Your destination for modern family living, made easy. Bringing stylish and practical home furnishing and improvement products direct to your door, at the click of a button and without the need to leave your home. It’s everything we couldn’t fit in store, but still at the great value you’d expect from Matalan.

We understand that for modern families, the easier, quicker and more direct we can make things, the better and that’s why our friendly advisers are on hand to answer your questions, both online and over the phone.

Are you a business owner? See Business Solutions
A

Price - Excellent

94.76%
Industry Average
" Good quality cheap prices. "
- robin halton
" Good selection, good prices, and a pleasant atmosphere inside store "
- Andy Vallance
" reasonably priced items "
Write your review on Matalan
A-

Delivery - Fast

80.11%
Industry Average
" Excellent service, delivery into their store within 3 days, customer service at their forfront at all times "
- Nancy Deakins
" Love the new Harry Potter range! Quality if items is great and standard delivery was quick. Thanks! "
- Katie
" From order to delivery 8 days this is not good enough "
- Mike Rockett
F

Returns Process - Difficult

29.17%
Industry Average
" Didn't realise that they had 14 returns policy, it had been 16 days. "
- Customer no more
" still waiting for refund for table delivery was not arranged as advertised parcelforce did not contact me prior to delivery so of course i was not in and could not accept delivery got delivery to a neighbour next day unfortunately item was damaged when unpacked and i would not build it with big chip out corner called Matalan who asked me to unpack again and take photo of damage, done this, arranged pick up after several emails but still not received refund so not willing to give good review as too long a wait to get money back for damaged item supposed to be no quibble returns but taking too long in my opinion "
- lynn Connor
" And the no quibble returns policy seems to be non-existent as when I spoke to customer service I was asked to send photos via a smartphone which I was unable to do. "
- Wendy Smith
F

Refunds - Difficult

22.92%
Industry Average
" Unable to use a refund voucher, staff are very unhelpful. Will never shop here again, friends and family also. Disgusting company. "
- STACEY MORTON
" An unauthorised purchase was made to Matalan through my account, I informed them as soon as I realised (the order hadn’t got to the store yet) they said they would cancel the order an issue me with a refund. "
- Anonymous
" Don't deserve one star. Poor customer service. Ordered goods on 1st November. Still waiting for a refund which has been promised many times and still not arrived. Don't waste your time. "
- Lesley Hingston
A-
83.61%
Industry Average
" Service is always so friendly no complaints about the store whatsoever "
- John
" Shopping in the Hartlepool store this morning the store was very busy, the queue was massive but all tills were on and did'nt have to wait long, got served on customer service till, assistant was friendly and although very busy, big queue phone ringing other assistants asking for her help she went that extra mile to help me really dont know how she kept smileing, fantastic customer service. "
- Anonymous
" Online service is good "
- John Watson