Matalan Reviews

80% of reviewers recommend Matalan
1PM
1PM

Tell us how Matalan made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Over 7 Days
Over a week
How would you rate the quality of our products
"I bought an item on line, when it arrived it had a security tag on it!! customer service advised i should go to the store to have it removed!!!! #30mileroundtrip #inconvenient #bonkers #notasolution !! #headagainstabrickwall https://t.co/Jw1K4be64m"
Are you Matalan? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I placed an order at 9am on Thursday morning and paid for next day delivery - I am still waiting for delivery to store. I emailed customer services 2 days ago and haven't had a reply. Very very disappointed and won't be using them again."
How would you rate the quality of our products
"Made an online purchase on August 12th for cheap holiday goods, received an email on 16th to say delayed due to high demand. I made more than 10 phone calls to try and resolve and was constantly fobbed off saying that courier has goods and can't issue a refund until courier is found. Thank god for PayPal I have now received a full refund today and will never shop at Matalan ever again!!!! Please Avoid if you want your goods to ever arrive."
"You are so much better to take your chances and shop in store. Don't even bother ordering online - the delivery service and Matalan Customer Service is diabolical. I have used this service 3 times now and NEVER AGAIN. Absolutely useless ! items don't turn up. You are on hold forever if you try and call. Absolutely frustrating service never to be repeated."
"It was a click and collect for a bag I had seen. All went smoothly and the bag is really nice for the money paid for it."
"Disgusting service.ordered next day delivery arrived days later! Only to be informed of items out of stock.went online the items out of stock were still available to buy.order arrived had missing items.customer service on phone very poor.will never shop at Matalan again.very disheartened."
"placed order for delivery on 22nd august - still waiting for delivery 9 working days later on 4th September. terrible service. Emails go unanswered, just an automated reply, the phone line for online orders (described as "our friendly customer service team") just cuts you off and if you choose "store" selection you are left listening to the on-hold music and being told "we know you are waiting" for over 5 mins (i gave up then). will never order from them again."
"From order to delivery 8 days this is not good enough"
"alway good customer service and the meanswear is improving returning to how it used to be a rival to marks and spencer."
"Ordered online a floor lamp it was half price very disappointed though collected it from shop got it home the shade was bent up and it had a chip at the bottom of the Base sent email 2 days ago to CS no reply yet disgraceful."
"Good value for money good quality and very helpful"
"Everytime I have ordered with Matalan the orders are delayed. The online service is very poor. I have decided to take my purchasing elsewhere. They even send an automated response if you email customer service saying orders are delayed no reason why it must be the norm for them to provide a poor service. The overseas customer service team is also very poor."
How would you rate the quality of our products
"Went in Leicester Beaumont leys store to return a top. Was exchanging for 2 pairs of pj's worth £12 more than top. Didn't realise that they had 14 returns policy, it had been 16 days. Women behind till was extremely rude. Kept banging on about 14 days returns policy, even though I never questioned it just said I was unaware of it as what other shop has a min of 28 days returns these days. Many do now according to her. After mins of waving her hands around at me, tapping at some worn out piece of paper cellotaped to counter. Went to get store manager, who was as rude, with the addition of compete arrogance. Still waving her arms around telling him I didn't understand, he repeated the same 14 day refund line. I told them to give me the top back then and you can stick the pj's. He then decides to say I can exchange the top for pj's but can't have my money back. I never asked for my money back else why would there be 2 pairs of pj's on the counter. She knew I was exchanging and I was accused of not giving her chance to explain. She had ample time. Both had the hump because they had to come out from the back and serve. When I told the manager I had been in 10 days beforehand but as they had a sale on the queues was stretched down to one end of the shop, and I couldn't of physically stood in there that long especially with the heat as no air con. Was told by manager "They have to stand here at the till in it, so I should have done". with no regard as to whether I had any physical illness or not (Which I do). When emailed to head office, took a week to respond. Was told email would be sent to area manager and they would look into better staff training. What a load of rubbish. You can't train people to be polite. You can't get people to lose arrogance. Matalan has lost one good customer!!"
"I ordered a suitcase online, it’s arrived with marks on the front and the back I rang customer service but they were very unhelpful, finally spoke to someone who asked I send photos which I did, they finally responded after me chasing several times saying they couldn’t see the marks, the marks were clearly visible in the photos but they refused to admit they could see anything - fuming"
"reasonably priced items"
"Damaged item arrived from an online order (torn duvet set). Emailed - no reply. Emailed again - no reply. Called; kept getting cut off. Called head office and they put me through to CS, who told me they can’t aend our replacement products...even though they are a customer service department. I had to send a photo, but I didn’t get a reply so I called again. Spoke to a lady who said she could replace the item, then she said she couldn’t, then she said she’d escalate the complaint...all I wanted was a replacement duvet. Now I have an email saying I’ll get a refund... painful experience."
How would you rate the quality of our products
"Ordered click n collect online and expected it within 5 working days as promised (even tho there is a great big notice instore saying it only takes 3) as my item arrived to late I went into my nearest store to get my money refunded only to be told that my item had been sent to another store which was 2 buses away and I would have to go there to get my refund,after speaking to the man in charge who told me his manager was not in that day and he explained again that NO refund would be given unless I went to this other branch he eventually gave me a number to ring whereupon if contacted would give the said refund,it would have been helpul if he had told me this the first time I spoke to him instead I waisted a total of 40 mins in this store for nothing,my complaint is 1. The way it was handled 2.my wasted journey 3.the item not arriving in time n 4. The way the young assistant standing behind the senior one seemed to think it very funny n was smirking all the time. I frequently use Matalan and I expected better."
"Ordered a dress in June to pick up in store it when I went in to check if it was there they told me it had been collected even with out my order number not sure how so rang customer service got a refund so re ordered it to be told 14 days later it’s still in transit and they will refund me wot a joke of a company"
"Today I bought a pair of white shoes with gold buckle strap over foot style flip flops they seemed comfortable. When I got them home I cut the cord on them to try them on as I walked down my hallway my feet farted on every step I took. I now have to wait up to a week to see my £10 I paid on card, why do you sell such utter rubbish. Your Chinese factories do not test shoes on real feet . Women laughed at matalan regarding the defect I see the humour but I feel robbed, you have lost a customer in me I will never shop in Matalan ever again. You are deceitful to your customers I now have £10 less and no product to shoe for it, its disgusting."
"Goods still not arrived but being asked to review. No answer to customer services phone line, or response to my email sent days ago. Money taken from my account, nothing to show for it!!"
Matalan is rated 4.17 based on 1,453 reviews