Matalan Reviews

80% of reviewers recommend Matalan
7PM
7PM

Tell us how Matalan made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Over 7 Days
Over a week
"There online click and collect is so easy and the staff are so helpful"
Are you Matalan? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Good selection, good prices, and a pleasant atmosphere inside store"
"Assistants are mostly happy and cheery. A smile makes all the difference."
"Shocking experience with Matalan customer services online. 4 weeks and still trying to eat a refund for a top that all stitching came loose after wearing once. Numerous emails, photos, descriptions etc sent as they can’t keep track of a simple complaint. Tried sending me £15 vouchers instead of refunding the full value. Annoyed is an understatement"
"Only received part of my order from click and collect. The other items never arrived. Had to fight for a refund which I'm still waiting for and it's been over 3 weeks. I will never step foot in mataland again."
A
"On a Sunday afternoon the Stockport store was terribly understaffed. I needed school shoes for my little one and there were no assistants to help. On top of this the queue was unbearably long. 3 cashiers with atleast 25 people queuing. I decided not to purchase from there and left the shop."
"Still awaiting 2 missing items out of my order. Customer service waste of time they say it has been escalated and will contact me back when they find out what has happened. I have waited 4 days now and no one has contacted me!!! Disgusting service, after years of shopping with you. You do not even deserve 1 star."
"I ore dedicated on line they took my payment then about an hour later I received a email saying they not got my product in store so I have to am want for a refund up to 7 days ridiculous"
"Love the new Harry Potter range! Quality if items is great and standard delivery was quick. Thanks!"
"Orders always come to store very quickly and if they are not suitable they exchange or refund without any problems."
"Ordered online 1st October no sign of any goods . Contacted customer service and they promised to investigate and reply ....nothing received back . Drive to my store to see if they had it ..but no . Paid for goods and not received Anything. Will be claiming and reporting to my credit card"
"I ordered goods on the 25th August, no dispatch notice was sent but some of them arrived over a week later. I queried the missing items to be told several days later that they were out of stock when I ordered but the website hadn't refreshed. I queried the appalling lack of communication with them and am yet to receive a response a month later. Still they haven't taken any money either!!"
"Receiving rewards and a VIP card for the person who fraudulently used my husbands debit card on their website for £297. Contacted customer services twice still no reply. Feels like a kick in the teeth. Certainly won’t ever step foot in a Matalan"
"Felt compelled to leave a review for a lovely member of staff in your Trowbridge Store. Her name is Karina and she is always so pleasant and helpful, I felt she deserved to be recognised. An asset to Matalan!"
"I ordered boots online to be delivered to a Matalan shop. I got the email to say they were on the way. Then nothing! I called customer service waited 20 mins to be told the order was lost. Can you believe Matalan can not deliver an order to their own shop. Customer service person disinterested really unhelpful. Will I use Matalan online service again. NO WAY!"
"I placed an online order Matalan cancelled it saying out of stock. This item was still available to buy online the same day. I phoned C S to be told yes it was available so reordered. Over a week later part of the order was delivered. Again I called C S who blamed the delivery company they said they would look into it and get back to me in three days. I phoned the delivery company who told me they had collected all Matalan had given them so they blamed Matalan. This is terrible service from Matalan and their online delivery system is not fit for purpose. I am out of pocket with only part of my order and Matalan do nothing. What a way to treat a customer. The company they use for delivery are used by much bigger companies and have delivered parcels here often with no problems. I will never shop online with Matalan again ."
"I order products in the beginning of August. After about 2 weeks my order arrived minus about £17 worth of goods. I got an email saying these items we're cancelled as were out of stock. However my statement arrived yesterday and I've noticed they took all the money from my order including the £17 of goods that were cancelled. It is now 25th September. A whole month and more since the order and I still have not had my money returned. If I hear nothing back soon from my complaint I will take it up with trading standards...."
"The coat i bought for my baby girl age 3 is beautiful"
"I ordered 2 items off Matalan for click and collect on Saturday 15th September, up to the Friday 21st I hadn’t received an email to say it had been dispatched till later that night. So by the Saturday 22nd I contacted customer services to find out what’s happened with my items that I had paid for online and they said they will have to open an investigation on why I haven’t received it yet or why it’s not been delivered to the store. Still to this day Monday 24th September, I still haven’t received my email to collect my parcel"
"I ordered two suitcases on the 11th September for click and collect to this store. I received an acknowledgment of the order by email but no updates until the 18th September when I received an email to say the items had been dispatched, then nothing since. The order doesn't show in my account, no updates that the order is being or has been processed and the items still haven't been delivered to store. I have made 3 calls to customer services and at best, they have been patronising, no-one can tell me why the order is not showing in my account, nor where my items are, nor when they are likely to turn up in store. I cannot cancel my order and get a refund so that I can purchase the items elsewhere. They just keep telling me the will need to open an investigation, which they haven't done to date. I can assure you I will never use this service again."
Matalan is rated 4.17 based on 1,453 reviews