Matalan Reviews

79% of reviewers recommend Matalan
02AM
2AM

Tell us how Matalan made you happy

Over 7 Days
Over a week
Returns & Refunds
refunds process
Difficult
"Rude staff forgot my card,pushing me to get app on phone.said she didn't have me on computer she basically couldn't understand me because she was foreign been shopping in matalan a longitme I had to ask how much it was!rude"
Are you Matalan? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Shopping xmas eve i was looking for present for my elderly dad asked a member of staff for help,she was helping another customer as soon as she had helped him she came looking for me, she gave me some ideas found sizes, i got everthing i wanted in the one shop, thank you Pat great customer sevice."
"Changing rooms closed,, can't return items, can only exchange,, seemed to be plenty of staff around to supervise the changing room,, but they solely there to tell you not to use the changing rooms,, then a que to the disabled loo,,,, why,,, because everyone with any sense is using that to try the items on before buying,,, short sighted policy"
"Customer service needs to be reviewed. I had placed an order and only received one part of it. I chased this up only to be informed that the second part of it had been cancelled due to low stock. I appreciate that this sort of thing happens, however most companies would state on the order that its low stock and then at least email you to inform you. I had not had any correspondence from them and this was a gift. I wrote them an email complaining and they just ignored my complaint and reminded me in a very condescending way that the charge is pending until they dispatch the item. That is irrelevant I wanted an apology for the fact no one had contacted me. This is bad practice and I wont bother using this company again"
"Don't deserve one star. Poor customer service. Ordered goods on 1st November. Still waiting for a refund which has been promised many times and still not arrived. Don't waste your time."
"Very happy staff very helpfull,Hartlepool store staff aways have time for there customers."
"Horrible service rasict as my mother could not speck the staff laughed at her waited for store managers they were outside having a fag the items what we retured were put back on the rail an on the shop floor as the coat was bit off with rat or mince bites"
"Appalling service and don't waste your time trying to contact customer services. Ordered two items on the 1st November and paid for next day delivery. On the day I was supposed to collect I got an email to say one of the items was out of stock. At 5.30pm I received notification that the one item was in store but was too late in the day and got a similar item elsewhere. Since then I have been waiting for a refund, despite emailing a number of times. Frustrating. Poor customer service. Not worth the hassle."
"Click and collect never again ! Ordered 2 separate orders second one delivered to store fine first one after no communication I rang customer service to be told it was delivered to wrong store now I have to wait for them to contact store to send items back to process a refund ? They would not tell me the storeas I offered to travel if need be to collect my items to be told I can’t , absolutely fuming I’ve lost out on xmas gifts and I have to wait x amount of time for a refund never use again"
"Went to pick up item at Chester shop Walked up to till male walked away went to next till young girl stood and just looked at me I had to do all the talking she acted like she was doing me a flavour then I was stopped by the male who walked a way putting cash in till it was the manger worst shop I've been in a long time"
"I ordered some childrens boots to be delivered to store. They were the wrong ones, meant to be tan in colour but were blue and sparkly. The label even said 'tan' so at a guess there's an incompetent labeller in the warrhouse who has no doubt labelled many wrong! The cashier then said that this was awful and that the boots are way to expensive any way (rugby branch) hinting i should look around. Although I did think of doing this, I decided no, I wanted an exchange for the correct item. She then said this wasn't possible and they don't order anything in. She could offer me a refund and that's it. Then smirked as I left. Shocking, clearly the interview process is 'any jeremy kyle reject will do'. Management no where to be seen ever or any staff around to help. The rest of your questions are not relevant for a click and collect customer so you may want to re think that too. Disgusting service"
"Shopping in the Hartlepool store this morning the store was very busy, the queue was massive but all tills were on and did'nt have to wait long, got served on customer service till, assistant was friendly and although very busy, big queue phone ringing other assistants asking for her help she went that extra mile to help me really dont know how she kept smileing, fantastic customer service."
"I bought a blouse, Did not fit took it back the next day with reciept. They would NOT GIVE ME A REFUND. Against consumer rights LAW, I asked for Manager, he was young no manners didnt give a stuff attitude, was told to use my own phone to call head office, where a American accent woman had same attitude, so had to accept voucher for their store where i will not shop now out of principal. Totally discusting"
"Bad customer service and had the phone put down on me and was told 24 hours for a refund and to be told that i would have to wait again"
"Still waiting for a refund on an order I placed 3 months ago. Customer services are literally ignoring me and the brand director has been "out of office" for the last 2 days. Just been reading through some other reviews on here and I'm pretty disgusted at how many other customers are having similar issues with orders not turning up, being refused refunds and being ignored by customer services."
"Paid compensation of 10 pounds on goods worth 20 pounds and gave 10% discount on other purchased items after agreeing to their mistake by a written apology."
"Online stuffs perfect"
"Hi I placed an online order on the 24th of November I contacted matalan to receive an automated response stating the deliverys are very busy and that my delivery would be getting to me, I waited 6 days for my items which finally arrived on the 30th November, I think it's disgusting that 1 I never received an confirmation e-mail after placing my order through matalan and 2 I have yet to receive an e-mail confirming everything. The things I ordered are great I haven't got an problem with them but the customer service is appalling."
"Lovely items great value"
"Online service is good"