Matalan Reviews

80% of reviewers recommend Matalan
5PM
5PM

Tell us how Matalan made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Over 7 Days
Over a week
"I bought a blouse, Did not fit took it back the next day with reciept. They would NOT GIVE ME A REFUND. Against consumer rights LAW, I asked for Manager, he was young no manners didnt give a stuff attitude, was told to use my own phone to call head office, where a American accent woman had same attitude, so had to accept voucher for their store where i will not shop now out of principal. Totally discusting"
Are you Matalan? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Bad customer service and had the phone put down on me and was told 24 hours for a refund and to be told that i would have to wait again"
"Still waiting for a refund on an order I placed 3 months ago. Customer services are literally ignoring me and the brand director has been "out of office" for the last 2 days. Just been reading through some other reviews on here and I'm pretty disgusted at how many other customers are having similar issues with orders not turning up, being refused refunds and being ignored by customer services."
"Paid compensation of 10 pounds on goods worth 20 pounds and gave 10% discount on other purchased items after agreeing to their mistake by a written apology."
"Online stuffs perfect"
"Hi I placed an online order on the 24th of November I contacted matalan to receive an automated response stating the deliverys are very busy and that my delivery would be getting to me, I waited 6 days for my items which finally arrived on the 30th November, I think it's disgusting that 1 I never received an confirmation e-mail after placing my order through matalan and 2 I have yet to receive an e-mail confirming everything. The things I ordered are great I haven't got an problem with them but the customer service is appalling."
"Lovely items great value"
"Online service is good"
"Excellent service, delivery into their store within 3 days, customer service at their forfront at all times"
"always happy to help ,nothing is too much trouble for the staff to help ,and if they don't have it in there store they will always ring one of there other stores to find it for me we;; done Matalan . ruth totton"
"Ordered and paid online but when I went to collect my order I was told to stand in the long queues waiting to pay as there’s no dedicated click and collect staff! This was by the store manager!! Who by the way was folding jumpers! I queued for 15 minutes! I thought to whole point of click and collect was so stores could avoid these long queues! Very dissatisfied."
"I placed an order on 29th October for next day delivery and I still haven’t received it, I haven’t even had a dispatch email. I have emailed and phoned several times about this and have been told that nothing can be done with my order as it has been escalated for investigation, this escalation happened over a week ago and I have still had no response, when I phoned to query why I couldn’t have my order sent out while they were investigation the problem the advisor told me he couldn’t give me that information. The customer service from most of the staff has been non existent."
"Good quality cheap prices."
"I ordered some items from Matalan on the 1/11/18, it said that it would take 3-5 days to receive the items. When I hadn't received them I emailed to receive an automated response back, so I waited and then emailed again. When I still hadn't received the parcel I called Customer service, to be told that my parcel had been damaged in transit and that they had taken it back. This was two weeks after I ordered and no refund had been processed. I asked why I hadn't been contacted or refunded and they had no answer for this. I then asked them to resend me out the order and they said they were unable to do this but that they would now process the refund. I have never had such bad customer service. What is the point of a customer service team if they cant actually process anything. I then said that if I had to reorder these items then I should be given the delivery charge back as a gesture of goodwill. They said that they would give me a online voucher, which obviously guarantees that I shop with them again! I wouldn't shop with them again if they paid me, as this is not the first time I have had this experience with Matalan. This happened to me last year too. I should have learnt my lesson."
"I ordered 6 pasta bowls and when they they arrived 3 were completely shattered and I’m not sure about the integrity of the other 3 due to the severity of the damage. I rang customer service and requested a replacement set to be sent out but this was declined as I was told the system didn’t allow it. I can’t understand why not as they have a shopping online system. The bowl were damaged it wasn’t that I had changed my mind and was returning the item. I was told I had to package them up and post them back. I was offered a refund on the 3 broken, I ordered a set of 6, 3 is no use as I need the number so I have bowls to allow me to use the dishwasher. If you buy 6 you expect 6 I was offered a good will gesture of a 20% voucher!!!!! Hardly a good will gesture I have to spend more money to get a measly 20% off! I found this an insult and very poor customer service. If you order something and it’s damaged you expect it it to be replaced. I was told my issue was being passed to head office.. However, I’ve not not heard from them. Absolutely appalling customer service at all levels"
"Valued & happy as Shanice (hope it's spelt right) was so helpful, first going into the Stockton to check for an item & then ringing around & getting another store to put the item by for me."
"Went to matalan mount pleasant hull this morning,very disappointed to say the least,30 people queing and 3 on tills, several people left the que, one lady having several items in trolley but got sick of waiting so walked out,as did 4 others, get your act together you are losing customers, I myself got served after 30 minutes wait far to long,😡"
"Just shopped at matalan mount pleasent hull I was waiting in the queue for 30min 3 customers left the queue so you lost a lot of custom they had a lot of items. There were 3 on the till it is a bust time now I was very disappointed I have never had to wait that long before and I shop a lot at matalan very disappointed customer"
"On line order placed to be delivered to local store - dispatch email rec and no goods - it took me to call them nearly 20 mins on phone to find out apparently the Camberley store refused my delivery ?? Really - now i have called they will process a refund that will take up to 5 days .... they advised i can go on line and reorder .. Guess what ... ITEMS NO LONGER AVAILABLE " - Have been a loyal customer for many years and the unhelpful customer services i received today i will never but from them again no matter how good there prices are"
"Good selection of clothing. Good quality items when they arrived. Easy to return. Overall good service!"
Matalan is rated 4.17 based on 1,453 reviews