Matalan Reviews

79% of reviewers recommend Matalan
1 New Reviews Written
03AM
3AM

Tell us how Matalan made you happy

Over 7 Days
Over a week
Returns & Refunds
refunds process
Difficult
"I had a horrible experience with one pinafore dress which I did buy it for my granddaughter,and received the parcel after 16 days and a lot of nerves calling them to track the order. The delivery company was a complete rubbish also."
Are you Matalan? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I ordered some children’s holiday clothes. I had 14 days to collect the click and collect parcel from the store. On day 13 I got an email telling me I had failed to collect my parcel and I had been refunded. I contacted the head office and asked why this had happened. They told me to call the store. They had already opened my parcel and put everything out on the shop floor to be resold. The store manager said she assumed that I wasn’t going to collect my order. She then said I had to buy my order back which I chose to do. When I went to buy it back the cashier told me I’d had 14 days to collect my parcel. I said I had only had 13 days and pointed out the date on my invoice. I was at the till over 30 minutes while she slowly served me. My packaging had been thrown away so I had no bag and the woman serving me refused to give me one. A manager in store admitted they were wrong to open my parcel and admitted they hadn’t given me 14 days to collect my order. They don’t deserve one star."
"Absolutely disgusting quality and service. Customer service isn't even in this country they can hardly speak English. Also my order was refunded as items wasn't available then they withdrew money again for items that was in stocks without even asking. Discrageful they don't even contact you back just an automated message."
"I made a £190 delivery order with Matalan having to recieve the order for next day delivery. My delivery was not delievered to be. I contacted Matalan customer services and it was taken them 3 weeks to deal with my claim. They have now concluded that the parcel was delivered and signed for. The signature for the parcel wasn't a signature it was a scribble who h has no indication that it was signed by myself. During my emails back and fourth with. Customer service I have had to send 3 emails at a time before receiving a response. There service has been terrible and I will never again be using Matalan again or there services."
"Couldn't fault the service recieved both in store and online"
"Despicable service from a called assistant - manager at the Matalan high street store - Oxford Street - Is is staggering that someone from such position, not only can misuse her "power" but also apply a total lack of an ethical standard. Appalling way to communicate with her costumer and her shocking inability to handle a complaint about her staff; - another line manager) question the company's capability of hiring skill staffs; shambles store; badly managed; even the manager that I spoke to, didn't have the correct approach. Then making complaints to the customer services which cannot be reached over the phone doesn't respond to complaints; is NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE! Total waste of time to shop at this store there are many others with a much better standard! 'Why bothered' 'Time to go now Matalan give space for others!"
"Went in store Sunday 16th june charlton t bought a suit for a wedding this saturds 22. Paid for next day delivery. Received email to sau it was in transit.Today is Friday been in store was told it's been lost. Really waist of time."
"Purchased a few items some delivered by Hermes Excellent 100% service. Called in yesterday to my local Matalan branch Southport-and was dealt with by Jackie who was such a pleasant professional lady made shopping so stress free. This lady is a credit to Matalan well done."
"I ordered some tops and hoodie for my nephew. I returned them on 7th June and they received the items on 8th June. I have emailed them twice so far to see how long the refund takes and have had no reply to either. Am waiting on refund to order something for his birthday 😞"
"Have great quality clothing and are quick if ordered online. They have clothing and accessories that are in style too.❤"
"I purchased a 2 pack set of bras. Only to find when I opened them at home, that the package (which didn't appear to have been opened previously) contained 2 different sizes bras. I would return them, but the car fuel cost far out-ways the cost of the item."
"I think Matalan manager in Bulwell are not The best because I work there for 16 year the manager did not like me and The hr did not like me"
"I am LIVID! Only ordered a cushion but when it didn't arrive to the store and they weren't sure why, I contacted the customer services email and never got a reply. Tut... So, popped in to the store again to try and get to the bottom of where my order was to be told they had LOST THE ORDER "It probably fell off the back of the lorry"!!!! Told that I would need to contact customer services for a refund and they would order it next day delivery for me to make up for the mistake. Called customer services for a refund, however, ordered the item again (next day delivery as advised) but was told I would have to CALL AGAIN if I wanted the delivery charge refunded. Ffs... So here we are, two trips to the store, one email and THREE CHARGED PHONE CALLS LATER, I finally have my cushion but they refused to cover the inconvenience costs. I can accept accidents happen by my goodness, three weeks to sort and being out of pocket has left me VERY UNHAPPY. Good luck to anyone whose order falls off the back of a lorry!"
"Great shopping experience. Lots of clothing that's reasonably priced and easy to wear. Shame they keep changing the shape on their mens tshirts though. Hubby used to always wear their tshirts when it was the AW branding but not its changes to easy branding the fit is entirely different and the fabric a bit too heavy."
"I have shopped at my local Matalan store in Telford for a number of years and have always liked the quality and range of clothing, but today was so frustrating.. I am 5ft 7ins and a size small and was trying to buy a t-shirt but tried about 25 different ones and all were like I was wearing a dress as they were so long, I noticed that all t-shirts XL, L, M, S are all the same length which doesn't seem right and means if this is now the case I will never be able to buy a t-shirt from Matalan again, anyone else noticed this problem"
"I shop in Darnley store Glasgow been in 3 times this week got over £200 in clothing but ended up walking out as only 2 on tills and a queue that was nearly out the door after 35 minutes I gave up tonight again the only help I got was a colleague called Bernice ( very helpful) saying they were getting a refit awful close the store then so angry I ended going to tesco tonight and got my clothing there ."
"brought online next day delivery items did not arrive,,, have not received MATALAN WILL NOT REFUND, they show some photos of parcels dumped in some street in the uk,,, now writing to head office and reporting to consumer rights,,, VERY BAD STORE TO DEAL WITH LOST ME AS A CUSTOMER AND I SPEND A FORTUNE"
"Very Poor service and slow delivery. Ordered a week in advance for a hen do (didn't order next day as delivery was expected 3 days before we left). Only the parcel didn't arrive until after we left and i had a very disappointed bride and some bridesmaids left without their stuff. Didn't even get a response when I emailed them!"
"Online ordering long wait for goods to turn up. I ordered an item for a holiday only to realise it may not turn up in time. Within minutes I telephoned customer services to change to next day delivery to shop and pay the extra charge. I couldn't do it over the phone and had to place a new order. Fair enough, duly done. I then get a notification that my first order is no longer in stock and they have refunded the money 7 days wait for that. So what about my next day delivery to shop order, same item. I've been advised its on its way? strange that considering my previous order of less than 5 mins is now out of stock. I wait with baited breath to tell me it has arrived at the shop. Matalan you need to get up to speed and furthermore your Sutton staff are a miserable bunch and less than helpful"
"Will take your money then tell you almost a week later that product is sold out COMPLETELY UNRELIABLE, horrible experience, do NOT recommend I am planning a surprise bachelorette party this weekend and now 8 girls will be left without the specific outfits to celebrate our best friend before her big day. long story short - i placed the order, next day delivery, was confirmed, money taken out of my account - it didn't get dispatched. Kept getting vague answers everytime I called but no one said the order was not ok. Only to get an email now, 8th May that the order IS CANCELLED BECAUSE THE ITEMS ARE SOLD OUT. WHAT??? Full email: I placed an order last week, 2nd of May and paid for next day delivery. The order was meant to get to me (London address) on Tuesday. Yesterday I checked the order progress and discovered that it hasn’t even been dispatched yet! I called twice yesterday (7may) and no one could tell me anything about my order. They had no idea where it was, or when it would be dispatched, not even if the items existed! I keep being told the matter was escalated but NO one is picking up as the ONLY WAY to contact the delivery place is by EMAIL and not phone call – that’s ridiculous! To have to wait 24h-48h for an email reply from your own team on an urgent matter. I was also told twice that I would be emailed and informed of the progress and I never did. I keep having to call and chase your team and am being told nothing. I find it incredible that no one has any idea where these items are and why they are not getting dispatched. The website advertised them as in stock and available for next day delivery. This is incredibly poor service. from Matalan automated mail: Thank you for shopping at Matalan. We are sorry to inform you that the items you ordered have sold out. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause."
Matalan is rated 4.14 based on 1,481 reviews

Create Free Account Now

Fill the details below & get instant access