Matalan Reviews

80% of reviewers recommend Matalan
05AM
5AM

Tell us how Matalan made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Over 7 Days
Over a week
JoThomson68
"I bought an item on line, when it arrived it had a security tag on it!! customer service advised i should go to the store to have it removed!!!! #30mileroundtrip #inconvenient #bonkers #notasolution !! #headagainstabrickwall https://t.co/Jw1K4be64m"
Louise Dart
"Very happy with the curtains I brought. Nice quality for a good price."
Rachael Beech
"Lovely chairs, great prices and fantastic customer service!"
"Ordered on Thursday at 7.30 in the morning paid the £2 extra for next day delivery to the store (should have arrived Friday) went to the store to collect on Saturday to be told it hadn’t arrived. Called customer services who said they would investigate and email me, no further contact and still no package! Very disappointed in the service"
Are you Matalan? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Went into hartlepool store yesterday wow what a difference, the store looks fab easy to get around, lovely stuff on all departments and staff very proud of there new store,was in there from 10am and could not be served till 10.30 chatted to girl behind the till really enjoyed my shopping trip and got everthing needed in one shop."
"The staff are always so helpful and do all they can to help you"
"I’m am disgusted with the way I was spoken to today in my local matalan store. I wanted to return some bedding that I had only taken the pillow case out of to discover that is was extremely poor quality and all threads hanging off it. Only to be told that I can’t return it as it had been opened even though it was all fine. Then she proceeded to tell me she had worked there 20 years and no one has ever managed to package bedding back up. This may sound ridiculous but to be spoken to like I am stupid and I can’t return this poor quality item to a well known store is beyond me"
"The Darlington store is great staff were so friendly. I'm having my first baby and the lady at the till gave me some very good advice on what bath to get. I order online and collect in store most of the time and it is very convenient and excellent value for money. The store is well set out too and lots of choice in clothing especially for all ages."
"Ordered a load of men's clothes online on the Saturday and received them Tuesday morning, good communication from the company regarding items and shipping."
"Super duper shitttt service manager the fatty stupid lady is so so rude and on the top staff is so rude"
"Service is always so friendly no complaints about the store whatsoever"
"I made a complaint about falsely being accused by your store manager. I had paid for goods he failed to see this. It was all confirmed he was wrong. I made a complaint by email they offer £10 compensation. Complete joke of a customer service department. I’ve now sent 5 emails and made 3 calls to speak with a senior manager. Absolutely no reply and customer services claim they can’t put you to a senior manager. They simply ignore you when you make a complaint I’ve only scored one because it won’t let me score less. Never had such a bad experience and the fact they ignore me is dreadful. I’m left with one cause of action to take legal action against them. I told them this and they still don’t make any effort to contact me. Total and utter disgrace. I for one won’t be buying from them again"
"Unable to use a refund voucher, staff are very unhelpful. Will never shop here again, friends and family also. Disgusting company."
"I am absolutely disgusted with the way Matalan have treated me. An unauthorised purchase was made to Matalan through my account, I informed them as soon as I realised (the order hadn’t got to the store yet) they said they would cancel the order an issue me with a refund. I didn’t get a refund so phoned back about a week later. They not only didn’t refund me they let the person collect the goods from the store and now after speaking to them many times are not taking any responsibility. I have been made to feel that I am responsible (their exact words were “it’s not Matalan company that are responsible for this fraudulent transaction” yes I know that but you let a criminal walk away with your goods after being informed of the situation. I have spent 3-4 hours over the last 2 weeks trying to resolve this with no answers. I am absolutely disgusted with the behaviour of such a big company, surely they should have something in place so this can’t happen, but every time I try and ask how this happened I get fobbed off. Can’t stress enough how rude and ignorant the customer service team were to me and how frustrating it was trying to explain the situation numerous times."
"The service when picking up my order from the Leicester today was very poor. The customer service assistant had no customers skills whatsoever. She made no eye contact, snapped at me when she spoke and seemed totally disinterested in what she was doing. It seems such a shame as some of your products are very good but this is not the first time I have encountered this abrupt attitude when collecting an order from this store. So please can we have some eye contact, a smile and a genuine want to please instead of the fed up look and the general impression that most of them would sooner be somewhere else."
"Rude staff forgot my card,pushing me to get app on phone.said she didn't have me on computer she basically couldn't understand me because she was foreign been shopping in matalan a longitme I had to ask how much it was!rude"
"Shopping xmas eve i was looking for present for my elderly dad asked a member of staff for help,she was helping another customer as soon as she had helped him she came looking for me, she gave me some ideas found sizes, i got everthing i wanted in the one shop, thank you Pat great customer sevice."
"Changing rooms closed,, can't return items, can only exchange,, seemed to be plenty of staff around to supervise the changing room,, but they solely there to tell you not to use the changing rooms,, then a que to the disabled loo,,,, why,,, because everyone with any sense is using that to try the items on before buying,,, short sighted policy"
"Customer service needs to be reviewed. I had placed an order and only received one part of it. I chased this up only to be informed that the second part of it had been cancelled due to low stock. I appreciate that this sort of thing happens, however most companies would state on the order that its low stock and then at least email you to inform you. I had not had any correspondence from them and this was a gift. I wrote them an email complaining and they just ignored my complaint and reminded me in a very condescending way that the charge is pending until they dispatch the item. That is irrelevant I wanted an apology for the fact no one had contacted me. This is bad practice and I wont bother using this company again"
"Don't deserve one star. Poor customer service. Ordered goods on 1st November. Still waiting for a refund which has been promised many times and still not arrived. Don't waste your time."
"Very happy staff very helpfull,Hartlepool store staff aways have time for there customers."
"Horrible service rasict as my mother could not speck the staff laughed at her waited for store managers they were outside having a fag the items what we retured were put back on the rail an on the shop floor as the coat was bit off with rat or mince bites"
"Appalling service and don't waste your time trying to contact customer services. Ordered two items on the 1st November and paid for next day delivery. On the day I was supposed to collect I got an email to say one of the items was out of stock. At 5.30pm I received notification that the one item was in store but was too late in the day and got a similar item elsewhere. Since then I have been waiting for a refund, despite emailing a number of times. Frustrating. Poor customer service. Not worth the hassle."
Matalan is rated 4.17 based on 1,457 reviews