Matalan Reviews

Matalan have a Customer Happiness Grade of C. Customers love their prices, delivery and customer service but are unhappy with their returns process and refunds. Full Insights

82% of reviewers recommend Matalan
12PM
12PM

How would you rate Matalan ?

JoThomson68
"I bought an item on line, when it arrived it had a security tag on it!! customer service advised i should go to the store to have it removed!!!! #30mileroundtrip #inconvenient #bonkers #notasolution !! #headagainstabrickwall https://t.co/Jw1K4be64m"
Louise Dart
"Very happy with the curtains I brought. Nice quality for a good price."
Rachael Beech
"Lovely chairs, great prices and fantastic customer service!"
"I ore dedicated on line they took my payment then about an hour later I received a email saying they not got my product in store so I have to am want for a refund up to 7 days ridiculous"
"Ordered online 1st October no sign of any goods . Contacted customer service and they promised to investigate and reply ....nothing received back . Drive to my store to see if they had it ..but no . Paid for goods and not received Anything. Will be claiming and reporting to my credit card"
"I ordered goods on the 25th August, no dispatch notice was sent but some of them arrived over a week later. I queried the missing items to be told several days later that they were out of stock when I ordered but the website hadn't refreshed. I queried the appalling lack of communication with them and am yet to receive a response a month later. Still they haven't taken any money either!!"
"Receiving rewards and a VIP card for the person who fraudulently used my husbands debit card on their website for £297. Contacted customer services twice still no reply. Feels like a kick in the teeth. Certainly won’t ever step foot in a Matalan"
"Felt compelled to leave a review for a lovely member of staff in your Trowbridge Store. Her name is Karina and she is always so pleasant and helpful, I felt she deserved to be recognised. An asset to Matalan!"
"I ordered boots online to be delivered to a Matalan shop. I got the email to say they were on the way. Then nothing! I called customer service waited 20 mins to be told the order was lost. Can you believe Matalan can not deliver an order to their own shop. Customer service person disinterested really unhelpful. Will I use Matalan online service again. NO WAY!"
"I placed an online order Matalan cancelled it saying out of stock. This item was still available to buy online the same day. I phoned C S to be told yes it was available so reordered. Over a week later part of the order was delivered. Again I called C S who blamed the delivery company they said they would look into it and get back to me in three days. I phoned the delivery company who told me they had collected all Matalan had given them so they blamed Matalan. This is terrible service from Matalan and their online delivery system is not fit for purpose. I am out of pocket with only part of my order and Matalan do nothing. What a way to treat a customer. The company they use for delivery are used by much bigger companies and have delivered parcels here often with no problems. I will never shop online with Matalan again ."
"I order products in the beginning of August. After about 2 weeks my order arrived minus about £17 worth of goods. I got an email saying these items we're cancelled as were out of stock. However my statement arrived yesterday and I've noticed they took all the money from my order including the £17 of goods that were cancelled. It is now 25th September. A whole month and more since the order and I still have not had my money returned. If I hear nothing back soon from my complaint I will take it up with trading standards...."
"I ordered 2 items off Matalan for click and collect on Saturday 15th September, up to the Friday 21st I hadn’t received an email to say it had been dispatched till later that night. So by the Saturday 22nd I contacted customer services to find out what’s happened with my items that I had paid for online and they said they will have to open an investigation on why I haven’t received it yet or why it’s not been delivered to the store. Still to this day Monday 24th September, I still haven’t received my email to collect my parcel"
"I ordered two suitcases on the 11th September for click and collect to this store. I received an acknowledgment of the order by email but no updates until the 18th September when I received an email to say the items had been dispatched, then nothing since. The order doesn't show in my account, no updates that the order is being or has been processed and the items still haven't been delivered to store. I have made 3 calls to customer services and at best, they have been patronising, no-one can tell me why the order is not showing in my account, nor where my items are, nor when they are likely to turn up in store. I cannot cancel my order and get a refund so that I can purchase the items elsewhere. They just keep telling me the will need to open an investigation, which they haven't done to date. I can assure you I will never use this service again."
How would you rate our delivery service
How would you rate our prices
How would you rate the quality of our products
"I placed an order at 9am on Thursday morning and paid for next day delivery - I am still waiting for delivery to store. I emailed customer services 2 days ago and haven't had a reply. Very very disappointed and won't be using them again."
How would you rate our delivery service
How would you rate our prices
How would you rate the quality of our products
"Made an online purchase on August 12th for cheap holiday goods, received an email on 16th to say delayed due to high demand. I made more than 10 phone calls to try and resolve and was constantly fobbed off saying that courier has goods and can't issue a refund until courier is found. Thank god for PayPal I have now received a full refund today and will never shop at Matalan ever again!!!! Please Avoid if you want your goods to ever arrive."
"You are so much better to take your chances and shop in store. Don't even bother ordering online - the delivery service and Matalan Customer Service is diabolical. I have used this service 3 times now and NEVER AGAIN. Absolutely useless ! items don't turn up. You are on hold forever if you try and call. Absolutely frustrating service never to be repeated."
"Disgusting service.ordered next day delivery arrived days later! Only to be informed of items out of stock.went online the items out of stock were still available to buy.order arrived had missing items.customer service on phone very poor.will never shop at Matalan again.very disheartened."
"placed order for delivery on 22nd august - still waiting for delivery 9 working days later on 4th September. terrible service. Emails go unanswered, just an automated reply, the phone line for online orders (described as "our friendly customer service team") just cuts you off and if you choose "store" selection you are left listening to the on-hold music and being told "we know you are waiting" for over 5 mins (i gave up then). will never order from them again."
"alway good customer service and the meanswear is improving returning to how it used to be a rival to marks and spencer."
"Ordered online a floor lamp it was half price very disappointed though collected it from shop got it home the shade was bent up and it had a chip at the bottom of the Base sent email 2 days ago to CS no reply yet disgraceful."
"Good value for money good quality and very helpful"
"Everytime I have ordered with Matalan the orders are delayed. The online service is very poor. I have decided to take my purchasing elsewhere. They even send an automated response if you email customer service saying orders are delayed no reason why it must be the norm for them to provide a poor service. The overseas customer service team is also very poor."
Matalan is rated 4.23 based on 1,401 reviews