Matalan Reviews

81% of reviewers recommend Matalan
8PM
8PM

Tell us how Matalan made you happy

JoThomson68
"I bought an item on line, when it arrived it had a security tag on it!! customer service advised i should go to the store to have it removed!!!! #30mileroundtrip #inconvenient #bonkers #notasolution !! #headagainstabrickwall https://t.co/Jw1K4be64m"
Louise Dart
"Very happy with the curtains I brought. Nice quality for a good price."
Rachael Beech
"Lovely chairs, great prices and fantastic customer service!"
"I ordered some items from Matalan on the 1/11/18, it said that it would take 3-5 days to receive the items. When I hadn't received them I emailed to receive an automated response back, so I waited and then emailed again. When I still hadn't received the parcel I called Customer service, to be told that my parcel had been damaged in transit and that they had taken it back. This was two weeks after I ordered and no refund had been processed. I asked why I hadn't been contacted or refunded and they had no answer for this. I then asked them to resend me out the order and they said they were unable to do this but that they would now process the refund. I have never had such bad customer service. What is the point of a customer service team if they cant actually process anything. I then said that if I had to reorder these items then I should be given the delivery charge back as a gesture of goodwill. They said that they would give me a online voucher, which obviously guarantees that I shop with them again! I wouldn't shop with them again if they paid me, as this is not the first time I have had this experience with Matalan. This happened to me last year too. I should have learnt my lesson."
Are you Matalan? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Matalan receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"I ordered 6 pasta bowls and when they they arrived 3 were completely shattered and I’m not sure about the integrity of the other 3 due to the severity of the damage. I rang customer service and requested a replacement set to be sent out but this was declined as I was told the system didn’t allow it. I can’t understand why not as they have a shopping online system. The bowl were damaged it wasn’t that I had changed my mind and was returning the item. I was told I had to package them up and post them back. I was offered a refund on the 3 broken, I ordered a set of 6, 3 is no use as I need the number so I have bowls to allow me to use the dishwasher. If you buy 6 you expect 6 I was offered a good will gesture of a 20% voucher!!!!! Hardly a good will gesture I have to spend more money to get a measly 20% off! I found this an insult and very poor customer service. If you order something and it’s damaged you expect it it to be replaced. I was told my issue was being passed to head office.. However, I’ve not not heard from them. Absolutely appalling customer service at all levels"
"Valued & happy as Shanice (hope it's spelt right) was so helpful, first going into the Stockton to check for an item & then ringing around & getting another store to put the item by for me."
"Went to matalan mount pleasant hull this morning,very disappointed to say the least,30 people queing and 3 on tills, several people left the que, one lady having several items in trolley but got sick of waiting so walked out,as did 4 others, get your act together you are losing customers, I myself got served after 30 minutes wait far to long,😡"
"Just shopped at matalan mount pleasent hull I was waiting in the queue for 30min 3 customers left the queue so you lost a lot of custom they had a lot of items. There were 3 on the till it is a bust time now I was very disappointed I have never had to wait that long before and I shop a lot at matalan very disappointed customer"
"On line order placed to be delivered to local store - dispatch email rec and no goods - it took me to call them nearly 20 mins on phone to find out apparently the Camberley store refused my delivery ?? Really - now i have called they will process a refund that will take up to 5 days .... they advised i can go on line and reorder .. Guess what ... ITEMS NO LONGER AVAILABLE " - Have been a loyal customer for many years and the unhelpful customer services i received today i will never but from them again no matter how good there prices are"
"Shocking experience with Matalan customer services online. 4 weeks and still trying to eat a refund for a top that all stitching came loose after wearing once. Numerous emails, photos, descriptions etc sent as they can’t keep track of a simple complaint. Tried sending me £15 vouchers instead of refunding the full value. Annoyed is an understatement"
"Only received part of my order from click and collect. The other items never arrived. Had to fight for a refund which I'm still waiting for and it's been over 3 weeks. I will never step foot in mataland again."
"Still awaiting 2 missing items out of my order. Customer service waste of time they say it has been escalated and will contact me back when they find out what has happened. I have waited 4 days now and no one has contacted me!!! Disgusting service, after years of shopping with you. You do not even deserve 1 star."
"I ore dedicated on line they took my payment then about an hour later I received a email saying they not got my product in store so I have to am want for a refund up to 7 days ridiculous"
"Love the new Harry Potter range! Quality if items is great and standard delivery was quick. Thanks!"
"Orders always come to store very quickly and if they are not suitable they exchange or refund without any problems."
"Ordered online 1st October no sign of any goods . Contacted customer service and they promised to investigate and reply ....nothing received back . Drive to my store to see if they had it ..but no . Paid for goods and not received Anything. Will be claiming and reporting to my credit card"
"I ordered goods on the 25th August, no dispatch notice was sent but some of them arrived over a week later. I queried the missing items to be told several days later that they were out of stock when I ordered but the website hadn't refreshed. I queried the appalling lack of communication with them and am yet to receive a response a month later. Still they haven't taken any money either!!"
"Receiving rewards and a VIP card for the person who fraudulently used my husbands debit card on their website for £297. Contacted customer services twice still no reply. Feels like a kick in the teeth. Certainly won’t ever step foot in a Matalan"
"Felt compelled to leave a review for a lovely member of staff in your Trowbridge Store. Her name is Karina and she is always so pleasant and helpful, I felt she deserved to be recognised. An asset to Matalan!"
"I ordered boots online to be delivered to a Matalan shop. I got the email to say they were on the way. Then nothing! I called customer service waited 20 mins to be told the order was lost. Can you believe Matalan can not deliver an order to their own shop. Customer service person disinterested really unhelpful. Will I use Matalan online service again. NO WAY!"
"I placed an online order Matalan cancelled it saying out of stock. This item was still available to buy online the same day. I phoned C S to be told yes it was available so reordered. Over a week later part of the order was delivered. Again I called C S who blamed the delivery company they said they would look into it and get back to me in three days. I phoned the delivery company who told me they had collected all Matalan had given them so they blamed Matalan. This is terrible service from Matalan and their online delivery system is not fit for purpose. I am out of pocket with only part of my order and Matalan do nothing. What a way to treat a customer. The company they use for delivery are used by much bigger companies and have delivered parcels here often with no problems. I will never shop online with Matalan again ."
"I order products in the beginning of August. After about 2 weeks my order arrived minus about £17 worth of goods. I got an email saying these items we're cancelled as were out of stock. However my statement arrived yesterday and I've noticed they took all the money from my order including the £17 of goods that were cancelled. It is now 25th September. A whole month and more since the order and I still have not had my money returned. If I hear nothing back soon from my complaint I will take it up with trading standards...."
"The coat i bought for my baby girl age 3 is beautiful"
Matalan is rated 4.22 based on 1,415 reviews