Matalan Reviews

1 New Reviews Written
7PM
7PM
Click Here

Tell us how Matalan made you happy

Over a week
Returns & Refunds
refunds process
Difficult
JoThomson68
"I bought an item on line, when it arrived it had a security tag on it!! customer service advised i should go to the store to have it removed!!!! #30mileroundtrip #inconvenient #bonkers #notasolution !! #headagainstabrickwall https://t.co/Jw1K4be64m"
Louise Dart
"Very happy with the curtains I brought. Nice quality for a good price."
Rachael Beech
"Lovely chairs, great prices and fantastic customer service!"
"This should be zero stars. Online order total of £138.50 on 13/10/19 and paid a premium for next day delivery. None of the five items arrived next day but two on 16/10/19 and one 17/10/19. One is still outstanding. The customer helpline staff really could not care less (plainly rude IMHO) even though this is luggage for our holiday due imminently. Emailed Customer services asking for help......silence. Worst service I've ever had... really, no exaggeration. Very upset."
Are you Matalan? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"Trying to phone Ayr store but was put through to central centre they said they could give me number but hey I didn’t have a pen . You just lost a sale Matalan"
"Matalan's customer service is appealing. They never reply to your emails, you have the automated acknowledgement email that your query will be answered asap but this never happens. After waiting 5 days i had to call the customer care team. This happened 3x in two weeks. Chris Waterhouse at Bradford Mayo Avenue resolved the issue straight away and had professional customer service skills. And kept apologising for the delay and the issue that arised from there side. I would give him 5 stars strictly based on his professionalism. He also admitted have bad the online team were. Please note: my review is strictly based on customer care team online. Staff definately needs either retraining or replacing."
"To all of you complaining about the call center based in Bulgaria I have to say that we all are stressed daily because of your ridiculousness. As a worker there we have to deal with your awful british accent, indian accent, nigerian accent and many other accents. Do not judge where the call center is in, have a look at your own country since 80% are emigrants and british people (not all) are disrespectful, rude, non stop complaining, permanently unhappy and are all acting like the queen itself. Probably the worst nationality to work with. Try to be understanding, we are young, working for a very low salary, trying to pay for our studying fees, rent and basically living like animals for funny money dealing with your royalty asses DAILY, getting bossed around by managers, licking butts and apologizing for how dumb some clients are!!!!!!"
"Not happy at all! Warning people doing Christmas shopping!! Went to make a online purchase today. The website said the transaction didn’t go through however they proceed to take not one but two payments from me I didn’t receive a order number and when i called to tell them what happened they we’re rude, not helpful and told me to take it up with my bank. So basically i have been robbed. No money back money taken from me twice and nothing to show for it, absolutely disgusting! Needless to say i will not be using the website and will not be shopping at the store either if thats the way customers are treated. Everyone will know about this especially friends and family who usually shop there!!"
"Paid for next day delivery to then be tolled next day dose not mean next day ??? Ordered 26th now 29 th still no text to say I can collect"
"Do not pay for next day delivery I ordered a lampshade on 26th paid extra (click & collect ) or as stated next day delivery it's now 29th I rang to ask why to be told next day does not actually mean next day ?????"
"Clothes quality and durability is awful. I buy my work shirts, and suits from there. The shirts keep ripping, buttons coming off and seems breaking by the loose thread. The shirts do this after a couple months. The suit thread has come apart in several areas. Durability has to be 1/10. Appearance 7/10. The fit 5/10. Price 8/10. Quality 3/10. Overall 3/10. Would not recommend, but are good for short term basis. Cheap for a reason."
"Shrewsbury store humiliated in front of customers and staff by the store manager I bought bathroom goods less than four weeks ago, they went rusty so I returned to the store with them. the store manager refused to refund offered an exchange or credit note, I asked if I could speak to customer service, was told yes but you won't understand them they are in Bulgaria !! (why do you have customer service in Bulgaria if they don’t speak English) I said that was fine though and could I use a phone as I had not got mine, I was refused, I am thinking how can this happen for a second time, then she said in front of the staff and customers, I remember you, you are the one (not lady) that brought back legging, I refused the return then because you had no receipt (I had my PayPal receipt) (it was the same person) I came out of the store shaking and upset, how can a manager speak to anyone this way, especially in front of other customers who were all watching along with the staff."
"I was unable to collect my click and collect order from the store. This was returned for refund on 5th of August. Still awaiting refund 13th September. Keep being told it is subject to an internal investigation."
"Very unhappy with the next day delivery service. I usually use the click and collect but as I needed the items in a rush, and have lots to do, I decided to pay the extra and use the next day service. However, I find I am at the mercy of the Hermes self employed delivery drivers, and in my area that means, young mums working after school pick up or students working after lectures or finally driven individuals hungry for extra cash who deliver parcels enroute to their “real” job. So as I type this I just might stand a change of getting my next day delivery by 4pm which I think is completely unacceptable. Royal Mail’s next day is before 1pm and I think that is a standard that is normal, so people can go about their lives, not be waiting around all day. Whilst I like Matalan really I do, I absolutely detest Hermes. So clearly I won’t be using this service again. Very very disappointed indeed."
"Excellent service. Delivered on time."
"Shocking customer service from Matalan. Placed an order for next day delivery, called customer services as no text received, advised part of order had been received and other part would arrive in the afternoon. Phoned the store and told we will send a text without even offer of checking it out. Following day called customer services again to be advised my order was at the store and as soon as it was checked in I would receive a text and customer services would email me......still waiting on day 3! Popped into the store on evening of day 2, staff very helpful although only parcel 1 received. Managed to pick up replacement items off the shop floor apart from one and paid for them. Customer services today, day 3, apologise but will not resend replacement goods to the store, bearing in mind I've already paid for these. The item I couldn't buy in-store is now full price and I explained this, advisor discussed with a manager who eventually offered 10% as a goodwill gesture, original saving was 30% and discount codes are now available for 20% so where is the good will gesture in that!! At the end of the day, Matalan has cost me a trip to the store, 3 phone calls and personal time trying to sort this out. I will never order from Matalan online again."
"I bought a chair from Matalan online, when it was delivered it had no legs and was told that I had to carry the heavy chair back to the store and that they refused to organise for this to be uplifted. This is absolutely shocking customer service - I struggled taking the chair of the person who delivered it and expected to somehow get this into my car is bad."
"Awful Awful place to shop. Awful customer service with a Manager with no customer skills at all who walks away when talking to her. This is Matalan Heeley Sheffield. I ordered something online & paid for next day delivery. Went to collect but item had not arrived. All the sales assistant could say was This Happens all the time!!! To cut a long story short. I got no joy they just turned their back on me. I will go to store tomorrow but don’t expect much. I advise anyone don’t shop at Matalan & I will certainly not recommend them to anyone. You would think with stores closing all the time they would want customers not turn them away."
"Awful Awful place to shop especially Matalan Heeley Sheffield. The customer service is terrible and the manager I spoke to (would love to name her but probably not a good idea) is even worse. She walked away whilst I was talking to her & said she couldn’t help me. I ordered a garment on line & paid for next day delivery. I have been to collect & it hadn’t arrived, not one person helped me, all the sales assistant could say was ‘it happens all the time’ like I need to know that. I now have to go back to store tomorrow & hope it has arrived. I will never shop there again & will never recommended to anyone. If other people out there intent to go think again !!!!!"
"Ordered over £100 of clothes for my children but it arrived with half of it missing. Was refunded £2!! This was 2months ago and now they will not reply to any emails. I opened a case in paypal but it was decided in their favour as they had already refunded me £2 which was for 1 item there was another 18 items missing. So i am now out of pocket. Very very bad customer service completely avoid!"
"Ordered some items online and was advised by email my parcel had been despatched on 14th Aug. As of yesterday (20th) it still hadn't arrived so I tracked it and the Hermes site said they were waiting for my parcel from Matalan. Called Matalan and they said it was lost and they would refund me within 5 days. The rep was very offhand and barely offered an apology. I tried to re-order but at least two of the items were out of stock. Very poor customer service."
"Matalan in Newbury Berks, I bought a couple of items in the sale but the trousers were marked 16 but would easily have fitted 20, the top was 18 and would have fitted 22, Being sale items I should have tried them on as you can only get a credit not a refund, I found the trousers in a 12 which I tried on and fitted me just right but they didnt have a smaller top. I took them to the desk and the assistant was really nasty and said only a credit no refund which I did know but she gave it some attitude. I said there was a problem with sizes and she then said its not her problem take it up with head office. Then as if to prolong the transaction when I asked for the credit she nastily said its not ready and then made me wait while she did it in slow mo. Never had such a bad experience as this with Matalan. I was disappointed and sad that someone could try to demeen me in a retail experience, Doesnt want to make me want to go back and spend the credit"
"Got two pair of braces from Matalan on line - both went in to the bin , only three clips were working on each pair."
Matalan is rated 4.10 based on 1,502 reviews