Matalan Reviews

Gillibrands Road, Skelmersdale

Categories:
Fashion
Fashion Accessories

How would you rate Matalan?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

"Shopping in Matalan Hartlepool store this morning, the staff were all friendly and made me feel wecolme, the lady on the till was very helpfull and polite she made my Monday, she gave me a card to review on line but misplaced it so reviewed here thank you Pat credit to store."
Angry Customer
Verified Reviewer
"Terrible customer service. I tried to cancel my order that I ordered the day before but refused to refund because it was going to ship in "short" while. Unwilling to help and need better training for their workers. One worker even hung up on me by saying they couldn't hear me even with full bar service. Rude, disrespectful, and unwilling to help."
"Ordered an item for store click and collect should of been there 2 days later but here we are 1 week later no items no status and no help from customer services"
"Undelivered parcel"
"WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!! I ordered 5 picture frames for 25 pounds and happily paid 4 pounds of delivery fee. Then in the night I got an email about they dont have 4 of these frames so they are only sending one. I called the customer service to cancel the one because it is useless to me as 1 and I don't wanna pay 4 pounds delivery fee. They said there is nothing they can do, I need to reject the delivery. I tried to explain them that this a workplace I am ordering where I don't have any control on reception. Nobody helped me. Worst company ever to buy online. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING!!!"
"If I could give no stars I would, worst customer service I have ever dealt with, I haven't received my order and they refuse to find out where my order is with Hermes. Apparently they 'cant make outgoing calls ' that's coming from the managers mouth! They said they will email a response instead and surpise surprise no email. Luckily I only ordered wrapping paper and payed through paypal so I have started a claim but all you have to do it read there reviews on trust piliot to see how many people they are conning!"
"contacted Matalan after 4 days as I hadn't received confirmation of dispatch,you have to do it online as using the phone is useless,received my item after 7 days and it was that wrong order,i contacted them but didn't receive a reply so I took the package to my nearest Matalan and got a refund,but because I paid using paypal I have to wait 7 days before the money will be in my account,very poor service"
"Great in store customer service and everything I needed I got.Many thanks to Mr. Joher at the Blackburn branch. He was very courteous and very helpful which made my visit to the store very pleasing. I find Matalan to have a very good selection of clothes and a wide range of other goods all at affordable prices. I will always shop at Matalan. Thank you all and a Merry Christmas"
"Ordered 6 dinner plates, side plates bowls and cups. The week after I receive a. Essays, order ready for collection , but, only 3 bowls no side plates!!! Tried numerous times to obtain a full refund to no avail. No response whatsoever!! avoid Do not order online"
"Friday 10th Nov i was in the Hartlepool store the lovely lady who helped me was so helpfull went out of her why to sort out my click collect order, she also updated my card so i wouldnt miss out on my voucher,the lady in question was Patricia thank you."
"Please stay away from Matalan Online. Ordered some items 8 days ago for click and collect still not here. When I spoke to the customer service they can see the order has been despatched but not delivered but no one knows where it is. When I got this escalated to a manager in the call the centre they have refused to do a £27 refund because she is not authorised to do refunds. When I asked to speak to someone higher or a department to do refunds the manager said: “No, I am the highest manager available” So no items and money has gone out the bank! Cheers matalan!"
"In the Hartlepool store Monday 30th October the lady working on the shoe department went out of her way to help me,friendy helpfull credit to the store."
"I found the staff very helpful, Ammie on children's department store 000258 went out of her way to help me find a birthday present for a 1year old. I wanted it to be warm, cotton, and look good. She found a lovely grey jumper. I am so pleased, and sure the little boy will be too."
"Wrong address from old PayPal went on my order, my fault but I rang right away to correct and was told my order would be cancelled and I would get a refund. 5 hours later I had an email from matalan saying my order was on its way ( to the wrong address) they did not cancel it they send it out to the wrong address, now strangers will have my order I paid for! I will take this further! Mia"
"What beautiful home accessories Matalan have i use the Llantrisant store and allways find something to buy for my home I have allways bought home accessories from a well known store near by but Matalan surpassed this store for their Winter collection"
Richard Rees
"Very competitive and fast clean service provided shop on both all the time"
"The young man at the check out did not fold the clothes I had purchased £88 spend but proceeded to screw them up into a ball and drop them into a bag. Something we have never experienced before from your courteous and efficient staff. When we got back to the car we had to fold everything again and they were already creased. Also my husband's shirt still had the security tag attached and had to return it to store to have the tag removed. We were also dissapointed with the attitude of the cashier concerned. My receipt number is 000233 0010 0894"
"HELLO MATALAN, UNFAIR PARKING FINE / EXTORTION / AVOID As a very regular customer of MATALAN I have been put off shopping here. This is regarding the KIDDERMINSTER store. I find it disgusting how they have allowed SMART PARKING LTD to extort money from its customers and try to charge unfair and extreme fines. My vehicle was picked up on the AMPR system in operation for overstaying the parking time. (Only in car park for 12 Minutes total) After finding a parking space I then discovered I didnt have enough change on me to put in the meter (happens to us all). I went into the store where I asked a member of staff where the nearest cash machine was and if they could do me any cash back. I was told the nearest cash machine was a distance away in the town and they couldnt do cash back. The member of staff also told me not to worry about getting a ticket through the post as they were having alot of issues with SMART PARKING LTD and to ignore the letters and they would go away. I left the car park after only being there for 12 minutes. We have been in touch with MATALAN who say they no longer employ smart parking ltd and cannot assist with our problem. They did however over a good will gesture of £30.00 to spend in store. Apparently you are given 10 minutes grace to exit the car park with paying. This is Not made clear on any signage unless you can read 3mm text at 50 yards. Come on MATALAN you can do better than this. I have a family to shop for and your losing business. By the look of all the forums I have viewed, Smart Parking Ltd has lost you a huge amount of business. I would appreciate your response please asap. Thankyou."
Waseem Azmat
"Their service was very good. The stuff was rightly placed and arranged and the guidance was quick. It was cheap and stuff had superior quality. The items inn sale were really amazing and cheap."
"Superb value, polite service and great products"
Matalan is rated 2.68 based on 40 reviews