Matalan Reviews

80% of reviewers recommend Matalan
9PM
9PM

Tell us how Matalan made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Over 7 Days
JoThomson68
"I bought an item on line, when it arrived it had a security tag on it!! customer service advised i should go to the store to have it removed!!!! #30mileroundtrip #inconvenient #bonkers #notasolution !! #headagainstabrickwall https://t.co/Jw1K4be64m"
Louise Dart
"Very happy with the curtains I brought. Nice quality for a good price."
Rachael Beech
"Lovely chairs, great prices and fantastic customer service!"
"Very happy staff very helpfull,Hartlepool store staff aways have time for there customers."
Are you Matalan? Reply to this positive review and show your potential customers that you care about the feedback Matalan receives. Reply Free
"Horrible service rasict as my mother could not speck the staff laughed at her waited for store managers they were outside having a fag the items what we retured were put back on the rail an on the shop floor as the coat was bit off with rat or mince bites"
"Appalling service and don't waste your time trying to contact customer services. Ordered two items on the 1st November and paid for next day delivery. On the day I was supposed to collect I got an email to say one of the items was out of stock. At 5.30pm I received notification that the one item was in store but was too late in the day and got a similar item elsewhere. Since then I have been waiting for a refund, despite emailing a number of times. Frustrating. Poor customer service. Not worth the hassle."
"Click and collect never again ! Ordered 2 separate orders second one delivered to store fine first one after no communication I rang customer service to be told it was delivered to wrong store now I have to wait for them to contact store to send items back to process a refund ? They would not tell me the storeas I offered to travel if need be to collect my items to be told I can’t , absolutely fuming I’ve lost out on xmas gifts and I have to wait x amount of time for a refund never use again"
"Went to pick up item at Chester shop Walked up to till male walked away went to next till young girl stood and just looked at me I had to do all the talking she acted like she was doing me a flavour then I was stopped by the male who walked a way putting cash in till it was the manger worst shop I've been in a long time"
"I ordered some childrens boots to be delivered to store. They were the wrong ones, meant to be tan in colour but were blue and sparkly. The label even said 'tan' so at a guess there's an incompetent labeller in the warrhouse who has no doubt labelled many wrong! The cashier then said that this was awful and that the boots are way to expensive any way (rugby branch) hinting i should look around. Although I did think of doing this, I decided no, I wanted an exchange for the correct item. She then said this wasn't possible and they don't order anything in. She could offer me a refund and that's it. Then smirked as I left. Shocking, clearly the interview process is 'any jeremy kyle reject will do'. Management no where to be seen ever or any staff around to help. The rest of your questions are not relevant for a click and collect customer so you may want to re think that too. Disgusting service"
"Shopping in the Hartlepool store this morning the store was very busy, the queue was massive but all tills were on and did'nt have to wait long, got served on customer service till, assistant was friendly and although very busy, big queue phone ringing other assistants asking for her help she went that extra mile to help me really dont know how she kept smileing, fantastic customer service."
"I bought a blouse, Did not fit took it back the next day with reciept. They would NOT GIVE ME A REFUND. Against consumer rights LAW, I asked for Manager, he was young no manners didnt give a stuff attitude, was told to use my own phone to call head office, where a American accent woman had same attitude, so had to accept voucher for their store where i will not shop now out of principal. Totally discusting"
"Bad customer service and had the phone put down on me and was told 24 hours for a refund and to be told that i would have to wait again"
"Still waiting for a refund on an order I placed 3 months ago. Customer services are literally ignoring me and the brand director has been "out of office" for the last 2 days. Just been reading through some other reviews on here and I'm pretty disgusted at how many other customers are having similar issues with orders not turning up, being refused refunds and being ignored by customer services."
"Paid compensation of 10 pounds on goods worth 20 pounds and gave 10% discount on other purchased items after agreeing to their mistake by a written apology."
"Online stuffs perfect"
"Hi I placed an online order on the 24th of November I contacted matalan to receive an automated response stating the deliverys are very busy and that my delivery would be getting to me, I waited 6 days for my items which finally arrived on the 30th November, I think it's disgusting that 1 I never received an confirmation e-mail after placing my order through matalan and 2 I have yet to receive an e-mail confirming everything. The things I ordered are great I haven't got an problem with them but the customer service is appalling."
"Lovely items great value"
"Online service is good"
"Excellent service, delivery into their store within 3 days, customer service at their forfront at all times"
"always happy to help ,nothing is too much trouble for the staff to help ,and if they don't have it in there store they will always ring one of there other stores to find it for me we;; done Matalan . ruth totton"
"Ordered and paid online but when I went to collect my order I was told to stand in the long queues waiting to pay as there’s no dedicated click and collect staff! This was by the store manager!! Who by the way was folding jumpers! I queued for 15 minutes! I thought to whole point of click and collect was so stores could avoid these long queues! Very dissatisfied."
"I placed an order on 29th October for next day delivery and I still haven’t received it, I haven’t even had a dispatch email. I have emailed and phoned several times about this and have been told that nothing can be done with my order as it has been escalated for investigation, this escalation happened over a week ago and I have still had no response, when I phoned to query why I couldn’t have my order sent out while they were investigation the problem the advisor told me he couldn’t give me that information. The customer service from most of the staff has been non existent."
"Good quality cheap prices."
Matalan is rated 4.19 based on 1,440 reviews