Marriner Yarns Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend Marriner Yarns

About Marriner Yarns: Welcome to Marriner Yarns
Offering outstanding value and service has always been at the heart of what we do.

With a rich history, Marriner Yarns is Britain's oldest and, arguably, best-loved supplier of knitting yarns and accessories. Marriner Yarns is here to help you with all your knitting needs, like supplying you with our fantastic double knit yarn or our wide range of knitting patterns, we are always here to help.

info@marrineryarns.com

customer service
Sarah
"Loving this wool"
Yvonne
"Fabulous service and quality wool I make baby blankets and they always knit up fantastic Thanks"
AGNE SURBLYTE
"Excellent value yarns, quick delivery and personal service. All yarn for a rug came to £20. Winner!"
Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
"I only buy my yarns from Marriner now, as I love the variety of colours, different weights all at an affordable price, delivery is very prompt reliable. I would and do recommend Marriner yarns to my friends and anybody who loves knitting and crocheting."
"Love the colours .Good quality yarn great prices.very fast delivery.thanks.👍"
"Excellent customer service. However, this last batch of yarn I purchased (4 ply acrylic 500g cones) is such poor quality I will not be purchasing further yarns from Marriner. The yarn is full of extremely bad knots wound onto the cone and the grey yarn is full of black lumps of fluff spun into the yarn. It has made my latest project far from enjoyable and has ruined the garment, completely wasting my time and money!"
Hi Richard,
I'm sorry to read your feedback on the order you received, this is highly unusual for our yarn and we will look into your order. Customer Service will be in touch with you in the next few days.
Kind regards, Caroline - MY
"Have not used the yarn yet, as working on other projects."
"Staff always lovely never seem to have what I want."
"Wool has joins in it which appear like knots"
"I liked the wool I purchased but when you order Knitting Patterns you don't get the actual patterns sent to you, you need to Download these from your computer which is not always possible. I do not like this way of getting patterns and so lost my money. Marriners need to change this."
"Very pleased in the past with availability of yarns I ordered, prices and speed of dispatch but it seems that things have gone a bit "downhill" recently and I have been disappointed with the availability of certain yarns, and with the dispatch of orders . Marriner Yarns, please, do not promise dispatch on the same day of you order before 12, and you don't do it! And having more orders to deal with because of a Bank Holiday is not an excuse... Still good deals from your company... So thank you for that."
"Wool O.K. Slightly disappointed to find some breaks in the yarn which had been tied into a knot."
"I have only knitted the forest green 4ply wool so far and was disappointed with the inconsistent thickness which has made the garment look lumpy even after blocking the yarn seems to be very flat and the strands appear to be pressed together rather than twisted hopefully the other colours will look better but not bad for the price,not as good as the double knit wool."
"They Marriner yarn is amazing. The robin one not so much. Also it takes 3 days to receive your order. I haven't paid for delivery yet but if I do I believe paying £3 for a 3 day delivery is a bit too much. Also some colors are misleading. I have sent an email to cs with order number and all the details of the wrong yarn and they answered back asking me for order number and what is the problem :face palm:. Also I sent pictures of the yarn and I compared it with the picture and got an email back basically saying I am stupid and that is the right yarn. I gave up after that trying to make them understand I have the wrong yarn."
Dear customer,

I can confirm that after receiving the image the colour that you were sent, was as ordered and as show on the website. Shades purchased from different companies can vary from our own so somebody elses 'Turquoise' may not be the same as our 'Turquoise'.

We are more than happy to receive returns if the items ordered aren't suitable. Please find our return details on our website.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

MY
"Disappointed that my order was rushed out with substitute yarn rather than waiting for the yarn I had ordered, however on this occasion I will keep it and use it because to be perfectly honest I don’t have the time to deal with returning it while looking after and supporting a sick relative. First time I’ve been let down!"
"I downloaded 2 free knitting patterns and have used 1 so far. It was for the hooded teddy bear sweater which I have now finished. The instructions for shaping the shoulders were wrong and I had to re-do one front so that it was the right shape."
Hi there,

We have heard back from the designer and there was indeed an error in the pattern as you say. We are very sorry about this. We endeavour to check everything as best as possible, and do carry out test knits, but sometimes errors do slip through I'm afraid.

We are more than happy to send you an updated PDF of the pattern. If you could please send us an email with your details, we can have this sorted for you.

Again, apologies for the inconvenience caused by this.

Kind regards,

The Marriner Yarns Team
"I have had Marriner yarn before and I was very happy with the first lots! This time however I didn’t get their own brand, which was a shame but I understand they wanted to fill the order quickly. My main issue that while the replacement yarn is almost identical, it cannot be washed same way.. so I need to use these for other projects and see where I can get yarn for my what I was meaning to do. It is very lovely yarn though!"
"I was surprised that you had to replace so many of my wool choice to a different brand. I use this wool to make things for Shoe Box hence the variety of colours chosen. If you'd got in touch i could have chosen other colours."
"Still awaiting an order. Am aware that some buttons have not arrived yet but I did ask you to send on the rest but you still haven't. You can send me the buttons when they come in. Thank you."
Dear Elizabeth,
there seems to have been a hiccup in the communication over your order, I do apologise for this. We received your reply on Friday evening and your order will be with you tomorrow. We'll refund the one set of buttons, and we have included a couple of free patterns to make up for the inconvenience of the wait.
Kind regards, Caroline - MY
"Very slow said was dispatched when wasn't wool is lovely"
"Ordered before the cut-off time for same work day dispatch but item wasn't sent out until the following day. Spoke to Customer Services via Facebook 6 days later who advised the package was sent Royal Mail Second Class which can take up to 5 business days (but according to the Royal Mail website is 3 business days including Saturdays) - either way item should have been delivered by then. Called Customer Services the following day and was told I'd get a call back, I've yet to receive this 4 days later. Package has finally arrived, delivered by Hermes and in poor outer packaging condition. Luckily the goods inside were undamaged. Items are of decent quality but I wouldn't necessarily order from this company again due to the poor customer service."
"I used to buy a lot of Marriner yarn in the past, pure acrylic or mix with 25% wool and was pleased with it. Recently I bought aran yarn mix with only 20% wool at a higher price than it used to be, and was hugely disappointed! The quality is much worse, no feeling that there is any wool in it, and after washing the look deteriorated instantly. I would not recommend the new version of aran wool mix to knitters."
"I just find the yarn a bit fine compared to other yarns but I have been knitting with Aran for the past month using the yarn at present and find it is knitting up very neat and soft"
"I have been using this wool to knit Remembrance Day poppies as an upgrade from the Own brand hobby craft wool. While the wool knits better and is definitely a better grade than what I have been using I am disappointed that I am finding knots in the wool as it comes out of the ball. It’s only been a few so far out of the multiples I have bought but was not expecting this from a quality brand."
Marriner Yarns is rated 4.88 based on 10,755 reviews