Marriner Yarns Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend Marriner Yarns

About Marriner Yarns: Welcome to Marriner Yarns
Offering outstanding value and service has always been at the heart of what we do.

With a rich history, Marriner Yarns is Britain's oldest and, arguably, best-loved supplier of knitting yarns and accessories. Marriner Yarns is here to help you with all your knitting needs, like supplying you with our fantastic double knit yarn or our wide range of knitting patterns, we are always here to help.

info@marrineryarns.com

Fountain Lane, Off Cypress Drive, St Melons

Category:
Arts & Crafts

Tell us how Marriner Yarns made you happy

customer service
"I love this wool, it knits up so well, never had any problems with it."
MORAG MCCLUNG
"Just finished an Aran cardigan for daughter in law which she loves. Service from Marriner was great and yarn 400 GM with wool was nice to work with and very good yardage."
Chantal Branton
"Always bought my wool from here. Never had a problem with it. I make baby blankets, toys and alsorts."
Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
"I only buy my yarns from Marriner now, as I love the variety of colours, different weights all at an affordable price, delivery is very prompt reliable. I would and do recommend Marriner yarns to my friends and anybody who loves knitting and crocheting."
"Still awaiting an order. Am aware that some buttons have not arrived yet but I did ask you to send on the rest but you still haven't. You can send me the buttons when they come in. Thank you."
Dear Elizabeth,
there seems to have been a hiccup in the communication over your order, I do apologise for this. We received your reply on Friday evening and your order will be with you tomorrow. We'll refund the one set of buttons, and we have included a couple of free patterns to make up for the inconvenience of the wait.
Kind regards, Caroline - MY
"Very slow said was dispatched when wasn't wool is lovely"
"Ordered before the cut-off time for same work day dispatch but item wasn't sent out until the following day. Spoke to Customer Services via Facebook 6 days later who advised the package was sent Royal Mail Second Class which can take up to 5 business days (but according to the Royal Mail website is 3 business days including Saturdays) - either way item should have been delivered by then. Called Customer Services the following day and was told I'd get a call back, I've yet to receive this 4 days later. Package has finally arrived, delivered by Hermes and in poor outer packaging condition. Luckily the goods inside were undamaged. Items are of decent quality but I wouldn't necessarily order from this company again due to the poor customer service."
"I used to buy a lot of Marriner yarn in the past, pure acrylic or mix with 25% wool and was pleased with it. Recently I bought aran yarn mix with only 20% wool at a higher price than it used to be, and was hugely disappointed! The quality is much worse, no feeling that there is any wool in it, and after washing the look deteriorated instantly. I would not recommend the new version of aran wool mix to knitters."
"I just find the yarn a bit fine compared to other yarns but I have been knitting with Aran for the past month using the yarn at present and find it is knitting up very neat and soft"
"I have been using this wool to knit Remembrance Day poppies as an upgrade from the Own brand hobby craft wool. While the wool knits better and is definitely a better grade than what I have been using I am disappointed that I am finding knots in the wool as it comes out of the ball. It’s only been a few so far out of the multiples I have bought but was not expecting this from a quality brand."
"Ordered wool 4 days ago. Still haven't received it. Pattern 0118 and pattern 0518 which I paid for and downloaded are exactly the same pattern. Dolls are positioned differently and clothes are a different colour otherwise exactly the same pattern."
Hi Margaret,

We are very sorry that you have had a less than satisfactory shopping experience with us on this occasion. We have sent you an email in regards to your comments and I hope that we have addressed your concerns.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Kind regards,

The Marriner Yarns Team
"Lovely pattern which I would love to make but unfortunately your checkout will not accept my Australian postcode. What a shame."
"Whilst the products are very good I think customer service could be improved by offering first class postage instead of second class postage. In today’s market place we all want immediate delivery of purchased product. A seven day delivery service is not acceptable as was my first order. We all expect a fast delivery service when purchasing on line."
"Not the soft quality I was expecting ,as I knit baby clothes for the Pre med ward at my local Hospital Making cot blankets from the wool I bought from you ,and that is fine .Bearing in mind I am 80 years young and have been knitting for at least 70 of those years .I have my Dad to thank for teaching me to knit when I was about 8 years old sitting in the hay field as he ate his tea.He taught me with 6 inch nails and strong !!!!!"
"I have recently purchased wool from yourselves,a d am extremely happy with my purchase.With the yarn I made six baby cardigans for around 1.50 per cardigan.Will certainly be buying more from yourselves."
"It was very easy on the phone but I couldn't understand why your system would not let me order on line. It kept saying you hadn't heard of my email when y our email me regularly."
Dear Janet,
you are quite right, there is no reason why you should not be able to place your order online. Could you contact me direct with more details of what prevented you from checking out so that I can look into it? Please email info@marrineryarns.com, FAO Caroline and I will be in touch.
Kind regards, Caroline - Marriner Yarns
"I bought the marriner double knit for a cardigan for my daughter. So far, I’m still knitting it, I’m really pleased with the yarn. Nice and soft, not ‘creaky’ like a lot of yarns. Hope my daughter likes it!!!"
"Fab wool at a good price but very poor delivery service it took over a week to arrive even though the company sent me an update stating wool had been dispatched it took 4 more days to arrange and it was only 200 grms of wool"
Hi Nadia,

I have just looked into this for you and the order relates to a pattern which is available for access in your Marriner account.

I think your comments may relate to an order purchased from a different company.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Leisha - MY
"I have no problem with the yarns. They are very good. Only part of my order arrived initially and when I phoned to query this the person who answered could not explain why. She promised to send the other items which arrived two days later."
"Most people leave good reviews regarding their orders. I was a bit confused to recieve an e mail saying my order had been dispatched when it hadnt. Eventually had to phone and be told it hadnt been dispatched as said in e mail because one of my colours was out of stock. So why the e mail saying it had? Recieved it the day after my phone call."
"The 4 ply coned wool is flat and twisted and looked as though it had been ironed or maybe wound too tight? I washed some and it did then come out more round but i shouldn't have to do this. I'm just hoping it won't spoil the finished article."
"Now had the chance to knit something with the wool I purchased. I bought the wool to knit my granddaughter items for winter to use with he school uniform. I first knitted a scarf - photo attached. The only issue I had was that I felt it did not knit as a DK but more so a 4ply. The item came out pretty soft. I feel to knit a hat or cardigan I would need to use a thinner needle and increase the size or double the thread and still use the no 8 or 9. Thank you for the purchase and quick delivery. I sure will be back. I'm actually looking for a simple cardigan pattern that can be used over various ages 3 yrs to 9 yrs."
"Deliver was slow"
"Sorry, there was an error and I couldn't downliad the pattern. Your downloads are usually very easy to download. Bonnie"
Hi Bonnie,

Sorry to hear that, it should be really straight forward, as you say. I have emailed you a copy of the pattern instead.
Kind regards, Caroline