Marriner Yarns Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend Marriner Yarns

About Marriner Yarns: Welcome to Marriner Yarns
Offering outstanding value and service has always been at the heart of what we do.

With a rich history, Marriner Yarns is Britain's oldest and, arguably, best-loved supplier of knitting yarns and accessories. Marriner Yarns is here to help you with all your knitting needs, like supplying you with our fantastic double knit yarn or our wide range of knitting patterns, we are always here to help.

info@marrineryarns.com

Fountain Lane, Off Cypress Drive, St Melons

Category:
Arts & Crafts

Tell us how Marriner Yarns made you happy

customer service
MORAG MCCLUNG
"Just finished an Aran cardigan for daughter in law which she loves. Service from Marriner was great and yarn 400 GM with wool was nice to work with and very good yardage."
Chantal Branton
"Always bought my wool from here. Never had a problem with it. I make baby blankets, toys and alsorts."
Margaret Staples
"Lovely yarn at a great price! I always use the baby wool, dk and chunky for my orojects. Arrives promptly also!"
Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
"I only buy my yarns from Marriner now, as I love the variety of colours, different weights all at an affordable price, delivery is very prompt reliable. I would and do recommend Marriner yarns to my friends and anybody who loves knitting and crocheting."
"No communication about delay in dispatch, I had to continually chase my order. Disappointed."
"I don’t want to be completely negative as this was my first/only order so far but it didn’t go well. The price is great but availability of yarn and colours is poor. The quality of yarn is reflected in the price. I placed my order and received a dispatch email same day as per their agreement. However a week later I had no order so had to chase. The order had not actually been dispatched, they had no stock of what I had ordered and offered to send an alternative brand. Lack of communication was the issue here, as I would of preferred to have been contacted and kept updated, rather than having to chase myself for anything to have been done. When they are competing against other companies with very good delivery, they need to improve here."
Hi Samantha,
thank you for your feedback, we are experiencing some stock issues which have affected our dispatch efficiency. We do try to keep our customers updated of any delays, but some slip through and I am really sorry that happened to you, please accept our apologies for the poor communication.
We are proud of the quality of our yarns and you are more than welcome to return it if it fails to meet your expectations in any way. We want our customers to be satisfied with their products from us. Please contact us via email if that is the case. I do hope you will order from us again, and have the good experience we want for our customers.
Kind regards, Caroline - MY
"I e mailed you to ask where my order was it advertised next day delivery it took 4 days to get here , but I had no reply from you I thought very discurtious as my order was for over £50"
Dear June,
I am very sorry if you did not get a response from us, we usually follow up immediately as we aim to look after our customers as best we can. Emails are not 100% reliable, and I can only assume something went wrong unintentionally - our apologies for this. Should anything like that happen again (I hope it doesn't) then please do give us a call and we will look into things straight away.
Best regards, Leisha - MY
"the yarns themselves are nice but this is not the first time my order has either arrived very late, had the wrong yarns in it or on this occasion had yarn actually missing"
Dear Customer,
I'm sorry your order is incomplete. Can you get in touch with our customer service with your order details, so that we can look into what went wrong and sort this out for you? It's info@marrineryarns.com or call us on 02920 837 613.
Kind regards, Caroline - MY
"I received a marriner yarns leaflet with my eBay order today listing some lovely yarns. But unfortunately a lot of them are not even listed on the website!☹"
"I OFTEN GET A HARD TIME WHEN ORDERING LIKE I AM NOT RECOGNIZED YOU HAVE ALL MY DETAILS ????? !!!!!!"
"I was disappointed in the Aran yarn I bought last week. The first cone has had multiple knots and breaks in the yarn. I have continued with my pattern leaving numerous end to sew in. I will therefore use more yarn to complete the garment. Will not be buying this again"
"I have changed my password 3 times and I still can't log in!"
Hi Sue,

I'm very sorry you are having trouble with this. Please could you contact customer support on 02920 837613 or email them at info@marrineryarns.com, and they will be able to help you.

Apologies once again for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

The Marriner Yarns Team
"I’m generally always very happy with the prompt and good service but this time I waited 7 days for it to be delivered even though I had an email telling me it had been dispatched 6 days before. When I called to enquire where my order was I was told there had been a problem and it had only been dispatched the day before. I asked to log a complaint and give feedback about the poor service and why I hadn’t been contacted to update me on the situation. Very poor experience and customer service this time."
"unable to give a review on the yarns that was order on the 18 November as we are still waiting for them to arrive and today date is 28 November 2018 very poor customer service over the telephone. Delivery was supposed to be at least within 48 hours."
"I have only purchased wool from your company several times and with all of theses I have been happy with quality and delivery until this last order I now have been waiting 5 days and considering payment for this was taken same day needless to say not impressed as no reason for delay has been given."
Hi Isla,
really sorry to hear you haven't received your order. It looks like something went wrong here. We'll re-despatch this on Monday on a 24hr delivery, so you should have it on Tuesday.
Kind regards, Caroline - Marriner Yarns
"only because the patterns I ordered wouldn't download from your page, I texted and was told what to do which I had already down, I spoke to a lady who tried to help, and said someone would phone back. If its possible for you to print them off and send them to me I shall be very pleased. Thank you"
"Joins in the wool. When I complained there was no offer of replacement"
"Lack of communication when stock not available. Ordered 4 cones of 4ply (2 cones of oatmeal and 2 cones of dusky pink) and because one of the colours was out of stock none of the order was sent. Had an email to say order had been despatched but nearly a week later phoned to inform them that it hadn't arrived to be told it hadn't even been sent because the 2 cones of dusky pink were out of stock. Was very disappointed. Was the first time I'd used Marriner Yarns after recommendation. I could have gone into our local town and bought the wool at the same price and had the garment knitted. The 2 cones of oatmeal has been sent out now following my telephone conversation but still awaiting the dusky pink."
"I was dissapointed with a ball of wool it had a blue fleck in it but was left with approx 2 ins of white with no other colour of blue in it"
"I’ve started khinning with the wool very impressed with th quality"
"My order was wrong, emailed on Sunday and never got reply so had to telephone on Wednesday to ask for refund,as I run a charity knitting group and we can't afford to lose money and not receive the correct wool. And I'm still waiting on refund. Elaine nisbett"
Hi Elaine,

We apologise again for the inconvenience caused. We do our utmost to minimise mistakes but unfortunately they do happen occasionally.

I am happy to confirm that your refund is currently being processed with accounts. Please allow a few working day for the payment to return to your original method of payment.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Leisha - MY
"the double knit is more like 4ply"
Hi Sheila,
I'm really sorry you don't like the Midget DK, you are welcome to return them to us and we'll give you a full refund. If you drop us a message on info@marrineryarns.com we will assist you from there.
Kind regards, Caroline - Marriner Yarns Team
"I was very unhappy with my recent order. The order I put in was for making the Paw Patrol characters for my great niece. I was not happy to find that your web site was less than honest about the actual colours you had in stock. After waiting for a couple of months to order, I received mostly Robin yarn. I must now buy more Robin in order to do this project as I find Marriner and Robin crochet up to different guages and Marriner needs a larger hook. Had I wanted Robin I would not have ordered from Marriner."
"Really disappointed with the quality of the super chunky, once made up it became really fluffy and looked used. All other wool I've had from Marriner has been really good quality."
Marriner Yarns is rated 4.87 based on 9,235 reviews