Marriner Yarns Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend Marriner Yarns

About Marriner Yarns: Welcome to Marriner Yarns
Offering outstanding value and service has always been at the heart of what we do.

With a rich history, Marriner Yarns is Britain's oldest and, arguably, best-loved supplier of knitting yarns and accessories. Marriner Yarns is here to help you with all your knitting needs, like supplying you with our fantastic double knit yarn or our wide range of knitting patterns, we are always here to help.

info@marrineryarns.com

customer service
Sarah
"Loving this wool"
Yvonne
"Fabulous service and quality wool I make baby blankets and they always knit up fantastic Thanks"
AGNE SURBLYTE
"Excellent value yarns, quick delivery and personal service. All yarn for a rug came to £20. Winner!"
Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
"I only buy my yarns from Marriner now, as I love the variety of colours, different weights all at an affordable price, delivery is very prompt reliable. I would and do recommend Marriner yarns to my friends and anybody who loves knitting and crocheting."
"Have only bought twice from Marriner Yarns, was pleased with my first order 4 stars for it. But bought a Dolly Mix blanket pack with my latest order and the pale blue in that pack is very poor quality and is going to spoil the whole blanket, very disappointed!!"
Hi Isobel,
I'm sorry to hear the light blue is disappointing, can you email us at info@marrineryarns.com and let us know the ball band information (shade/dye lot)?
Kind regards, Caroline - MY
"Pattern ordered and paid for still not received."
Hello Margaret,

Please go onto our website www.marrineryarns.com and retrieve them by following these steps:
1) Click “My Marriner” at the top of the page
2) Login in to your account by entering you email address and password
3) Click onto “View Patterns” – Every pattern you have ordered will be here.
4) Select your chosen Pattern
5) Click onto “Download” and your pattern will begin to download to your computer.

If you have any problems, feel free to contact us and we will gladly help you.

Happy Knitting!

Kind regards

The Marriner Yarns Team
"Love the looks of the wool just wish I'd received the order. Should have been here days ago."
"I ordered on a Thursday evening and my order wasn't dispatched until Saturday despite the website saying if ordered before 1pm will be dispatched same day. Great I thought, I'll get my order before I go away so I could do some knitting but no, wasn't delivered until Thursday, having paid £2.95 for delivery. I now have to wait until tomorrow to go to the sorting office and collect my order. PLEASE don't post this as a review, I felt I needed to tell you my experience. Not sure if this is usual!"
"No communication about delay in dispatch, I had to continually chase my order. Disappointed."
"I don’t want to be completely negative as this was my first/only order so far but it didn’t go well. The price is great but availability of yarn and colours is poor. The quality of yarn is reflected in the price. I placed my order and received a dispatch email same day as per their agreement. However a week later I had no order so had to chase. The order had not actually been dispatched, they had no stock of what I had ordered and offered to send an alternative brand. Lack of communication was the issue here, as I would of preferred to have been contacted and kept updated, rather than having to chase myself for anything to have been done. When they are competing against other companies with very good delivery, they need to improve here."
Hi Samantha,
thank you for your feedback, we are experiencing some stock issues which have affected our dispatch efficiency. We do try to keep our customers updated of any delays, but some slip through and I am really sorry that happened to you, please accept our apologies for the poor communication.
We are proud of the quality of our yarns and you are more than welcome to return it if it fails to meet your expectations in any way. We want our customers to be satisfied with their products from us. Please contact us via email if that is the case. I do hope you will order from us again, and have the good experience we want for our customers.
Kind regards, Caroline - MY
"I e mailed you to ask where my order was it advertised next day delivery it took 4 days to get here , but I had no reply from you I thought very discurtious as my order was for over £50"
Dear June,
I am very sorry if you did not get a response from us, we usually follow up immediately as we aim to look after our customers as best we can. Emails are not 100% reliable, and I can only assume something went wrong unintentionally - our apologies for this. Should anything like that happen again (I hope it doesn't) then please do give us a call and we will look into things straight away.
Best regards, Leisha - MY
"the yarns themselves are nice but this is not the first time my order has either arrived very late, had the wrong yarns in it or on this occasion had yarn actually missing"
Dear Customer,
I'm sorry your order is incomplete. Can you get in touch with our customer service with your order details, so that we can look into what went wrong and sort this out for you? It's info@marrineryarns.com or call us on 02920 837 613.
Kind regards, Caroline - MY
"I received a marriner yarns leaflet with my eBay order today listing some lovely yarns. But unfortunately a lot of them are not even listed on the website!☹"
"I OFTEN GET A HARD TIME WHEN ORDERING LIKE I AM NOT RECOGNIZED YOU HAVE ALL MY DETAILS ????? !!!!!!"
"I was disappointed in the Aran yarn I bought last week. The first cone has had multiple knots and breaks in the yarn. I have continued with my pattern leaving numerous end to sew in. I will therefore use more yarn to complete the garment. Will not be buying this again"
"I have changed my password 3 times and I still can't log in!"
Hi Sue,

I'm very sorry you are having trouble with this. Please could you contact customer support on 02920 837613 or email them at info@marrineryarns.com, and they will be able to help you.

Apologies once again for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

The Marriner Yarns Team
"I’m generally always very happy with the prompt and good service but this time I waited 7 days for it to be delivered even though I had an email telling me it had been dispatched 6 days before. When I called to enquire where my order was I was told there had been a problem and it had only been dispatched the day before. I asked to log a complaint and give feedback about the poor service and why I hadn’t been contacted to update me on the situation. Very poor experience and customer service this time."
"unable to give a review on the yarns that was order on the 18 November as we are still waiting for them to arrive and today date is 28 November 2018 very poor customer service over the telephone. Delivery was supposed to be at least within 48 hours."
"I have only purchased wool from your company several times and with all of theses I have been happy with quality and delivery until this last order I now have been waiting 5 days and considering payment for this was taken same day needless to say not impressed as no reason for delay has been given."
Hi Isla,
really sorry to hear you haven't received your order. It looks like something went wrong here. We'll re-despatch this on Monday on a 24hr delivery, so you should have it on Tuesday.
Kind regards, Caroline - Marriner Yarns
"only because the patterns I ordered wouldn't download from your page, I texted and was told what to do which I had already down, I spoke to a lady who tried to help, and said someone would phone back. If its possible for you to print them off and send them to me I shall be very pleased. Thank you"
"Joins in the wool. When I complained there was no offer of replacement"
"Lack of communication when stock not available. Ordered 4 cones of 4ply (2 cones of oatmeal and 2 cones of dusky pink) and because one of the colours was out of stock none of the order was sent. Had an email to say order had been despatched but nearly a week later phoned to inform them that it hadn't arrived to be told it hadn't even been sent because the 2 cones of dusky pink were out of stock. Was very disappointed. Was the first time I'd used Marriner Yarns after recommendation. I could have gone into our local town and bought the wool at the same price and had the garment knitted. The 2 cones of oatmeal has been sent out now following my telephone conversation but still awaiting the dusky pink."
"I was dissapointed with a ball of wool it had a blue fleck in it but was left with approx 2 ins of white with no other colour of blue in it"
"I’ve started khinning with the wool very impressed with th quality"
Marriner Yarns is rated 4.88 based on 10,756 reviews