Marks And Spencer Reviews

Marks And Spencer have a Customer Happiness Grade of B. Customers love their prices, delivery and customer service and are happy with their returns process and refunds. Full Insights

85% of reviewers recommend Marks And Spencer
A
A: Big Online Retailers with Unhappy Customers.
B

Fashion Accessories
Footwear
Hats
Lingerie & Underwear

How would you rate Marks And Spencer ?

"Reposted to keep it alive. This company are really not very good . I simply cannot understand how people rave about their food quality, when in fact it isn't very good at all. This company try to live on a bygone reputation, when there was little else really to get clothes from. The quality of their items is not good at all for the price. Whoever their buyers are should be sacked and get in people who understand what the public want, not what the the company THINK they want. Paying over the odds for clothing does not mean great quality. In fact this company sell clothing items either too long in the sleeves, trousers that are not what the size states they are, to name but two. I live in Kent, and the store in Dover has closed down recently. It has moved down nearer the sea front selling food only. This shopping precinct idea came from Dover District Council, and anyone living locally knows what this means. It most likely means that like everything else DDC get up to, it will fail. Seems like M&S didn't do their homework!! Who on earth is going to make a special trip to Dover to shop in Marks, for example, when they can drive a short distance to Canterbury and shop in that store which sells food also. It is very big. Come on Marks, get your act together and get with the times. Oh, and don't do what all the others are doing....self service checkouts. It is a fact people, that every single item you buy, the price of it being scanned at a REAL checkout by a REAL person, has been factored in to the total cost. If they want self service then insist on a discount for doing so or DON'T use them."
"I believe that they use to have expensive but a good quality food. But now just the price stayed. I found yesterday in Skegness pasta with Fungus on a shelf for sale!! So many times in different shops( Lincoln, Skegness) I bought oranges. They were awful. Paying £4 and having it binned is not good! I thought it was bad batch or something so I tried a few more times in different months. Still the same. Why they are cheating customers? They are selling tropical juice as the big front writing saying, but it is made from apples with adding some concentrates. I wouldn't recommend it."
"I normally rate the food but have just bought garlic and herb chicken thighs which were rather awful...very fatty and most the herb stuffing sat in the fatty part of the thigh. It was apparently sufficient for two people, but had five thighs (why do stores offer meals for two with unequal portions, perhaps in the hope you will buy another? However I just make sure I don’t buy it again. M& S Food seems to be on the verge of deteriorating the same as the clothing!"
"I purchased a mens M&S suit almost 4 months ago, and already - after light use - the material in the legs has worn thin leaving a hole. This has never happened on any of my suits (including M&S suits) before. Initial contact with Customer Service was great - they told me to return the suit and they would see what they could do. Three weeks later M&S ship the suit back to me saying that there is nothing wrong with it and imply it only wore down because I must be fat. Hmmmm. (A) I'm not overweight and again must stress I've not had this problem with ANY suit before, and (B) M&S are essentially admitting then that they wouldn't expect suit trousers to last any longer than 4 months after sale (does this meet the "fit for purpose" criteria of the Sale of Goods Act ? I doubt it). The letter, from a generic customer service rep with no background in textiles, stated "in her opinion" it was general wear and tear as M&S had no reports of this before. So it sounds like the first person to open the returned suit had a quick look at it and decided it looked fine to her. I queried this further with M&S asking what level of expertise this person had to determine there was no fault in the fabric. In response M&S said as I was being persistant they would take the suit back again and have one of their "textile technicians" examine it. I queried why this didn't happen in the first place and asked a few other questions about the whole returns process. Customer Services responded, but deliberately failed to answer all of the issues I raised. So I emailed Stephen Rowe (he's a big cheese - you can find him at steve.rowe@marks-and- spencer.com) to ask for further clarification . Mr Rowe kindly redirected me straight back to the person who failed to answer my previous email. So....I'm not impressed. I doubt very much I'd buy any more of my suits from M&S, simply because of the uncooperative experience I've had with Customer Services (up until this latest purchase their suits have been fine). Ironic really when a quick Google shows that M&S appear to be struggling with their clothing line. You'd really think they's want to retain customers, not alienate them. Oh well, it's not like there aren't a whole lot of other retailers out their that can have my money instead."
"I visit the Upminster Store weekly and the Cashier Ruth never fails. She is extremely helpful always smiling and it is always a pleasure to be served by her."
"I ordered 2 Birthday cakes last Friday 29th June 2018 and when I collected one of them the icing has been Spoiled because the cake was moved during the transportation but FIONA FROM WELLINGBOROUGH SHOP already order another one straight away as I needed the Chocolate birthday cake for Saturday. She is such a wonderful helpful customer assistant and her quick thinking save me from panicking as I was having 40 people to celebrate my daughter 21st birthday party on Saturday. When I collected the chocolate cake yesterday, it was perfect and on top of that she told me that I could have the other chocolate cake that the icing has been spoiled and Marks and Spencer gave a bottle of champagne for my daughter. Thank you so much FIONA AND MARKS AND SPENCER to make our daughter birthday special 🙏🏽 I hope you are not going to close WELLINGBOROUGH SHOP as that is my local M&S shop."
"Staff always happy and cheerful and offer friendly advice."
"good price and goods"
"I live in Queensland, Australia & after much searching for a ladies full slip, even in Brisbane city, I could not find one that I liked There are very few to choose from & it seems they are not popular over here I looked on the Marks & Spencer website & straight away saw on I really liked & ordered the size 14 I was a little concerned how the sizing would be as I’m size 12 on top & 14 on the bottom but after receiving it today & trying it on I was more than happy as it fitted perfectly, was a perfect length & felt very comfortable on I will be looking to Marks & Spencer again, if I can’t find what I need in Australia"
"Always find what I’m looking for there"
"High quality"
"Generally standard is good but not sure if it warrants the costs"
"Plenty of choice and very helpful staff"
"Ordered online and received goods promptly a few days later."
"M&S so far off the marks these days. sizing, product quality and everything that was good gone to rat sh1t"
"Easy ordering,no P&P as collected from nearby store.More than pleased with quality of goods."
"Marks & Spencer Flowers! Forget them - absolutely useless service! Ordered two big bunches of flowers for my wife on our first anniversary. M&S failed to deliver on the appointed day (booked a week ago) and so my wife had no flowers. Suggest there are much better companies to buy flowers from online and M&S should be avoided at all cost. They’re rubbish!"
"I was able to arrange a quick and convenient delivery for collection"
"Very speedy delivery to my local store and that store now accepts any returns (this is a recent service). Staff pleasant and willing to assist if any queries."
"I cannot believe how poor Marks & Spencer's clothes are. How on earth do they work out their clothes sides! I purchased 2 pair of trousers and neither fit. One pair is so poorly made, I would have got better off a market stall! I also bought a pair of jeans - the legs were that skinny I had trouble trying them on. I have tried for a while now to buy clothing from Marks & Spensors, but after this attempt, I will not even waste my time anymore. I strongly recommend they replace ALL their buyers, before there is no Marks & Spensors at all."
Marks And Spencer is rated 4.31 based on 481 reviews