Marks And Spencer Reviews

83% of reviewers recommend Marks And Spencer
04AM
4AM
A
A: Big Online Retailers with Unhappy Customers.
B
Happy
Low
Online Presence
High

About Marks And Spencer: Marks & Spencer are one of the UKs top department stores with a substantial range of products available online. All M&S clothing and home products are available through www.marksandspencers.com, as well as some online exclusive products.

Waterside House, 35 North Wharf Rd

Lingerie & Underwear

Tell us how Marks And Spencer made you happy

Postal Service, Own Driver
Telephone, Live Chat
"I love the fact that I can pick my parcel up from our Lichfield food store delivered free of charge the following day so I am devastated that the shop is closing down..😢we were supposed to be having a bigger shop so how come this is happening?😡"
Are you Marks And Spencer? Reply to this positive review and show your potential customers that you care about the feedback Marks And Spencer receives. Reply Free
"If I could leave a review lower than 1 I would. I ordered my wedding cake in time from M&S. They failed to deliver, they admitted fault over the phone but refused to send a replacement out or do anything to actually help me. They repeatedly ignored my emails and any attempt to contact them on social media. I have been spoken to like utter dirt by this company and received a horrible email on my wedding day trying to blame me for their mistake."
"I ordered some food for a buffet and M&S took the payment twice, I was told I couldn’t get a refund despite it being there error and I could try asking in store when I picked up the delivery!! The telecoms they use is based in Africa and they have no concept of English language let alone customer service skills. I was told there had been a system or internet problem which took my payment twice and it took 4 phone calls which totalled an hour and a half of wait time being put on hold continuously, one time on hold for 10 mins and being cut off, told by a manager to email her which I did and she would call back in 20 minutes to resolve and she never called back, so had to call again to find out she’d gone home. During the final call it was resolved and the additional payment will be refunded but I don't understand why it took so much time and effort from my side to resolve. Won't be using M&S again."
"I picked up the gastric battered fish and chips from M&S, chips tasted powdery and dry, fish tasted horrendous, hardly any fish meat and mostly grey with a rancid smell, even the mushy peas was basically pea water as there was no actual peas in it!! I used to shop here but the quality of a lot of products has fallen yet the price remains the same. Not impressed!"
"I have just visited the food store on the upper level at London Liverpool Strret station only to find the manned tills have been reduced to machines. When I asked for a person to serve me I was told “I can help you with the machine” I am not incapable of using the machines but believe in human interaction and jobs! I will NOT be buying from this store again and if this is the way m&s are trying to save themselves it is NOT the right way! Try changing your clothes designers and maybe that will help! Talk about box cuts and frump, and I’m no spring chicken!!!"
"E-Card Gift Voucher ordered as a ‘surprise’ 60th for my sister in UK on 20 Nov. Order,payment,email address & despatch date 2.12.2018 were confirmed by MS. It did not arrive. Complained via Australian and UK web sites. After 3 days I received a response it had been despatched on 12.2.2018 - a ‘past’ date !!! Sister in UK rang MS Customer Service and explained, they contacted International and authorised a resend on 5.12.2018. This would be a convenient service from Australia, however, I have no confidence in MS ability to operate this ‘flawed’ system."
"i was amazed that there was men chanding in the women changeing rooms"
"I visited M&S at Westfield Stratford today to buy some fruits and chocolate box, although it was really busy and long que it was well managed by several staff, I’ve been helped by a female staff called khaleda in the self checkout till with a freindly smile on her face she was really helpful. Thank you"
"Marks and Spencer is always excellent in both quality and service. I love their Soft White Farmhouse sliced loaf as it is very nice bread and makes perfect toast. Crisp and crunchy on the outside, and soft in the middle. I've tried lots of different loaves, but none can beat this loaf for toast!"
"Why can i not find a leather purse to buy in store ? Seriously a tiny selection of other material purses. What has happened that in the run up to Christmas I can not buy a decent purse ?.I was directed to the gloves er no Lots and lots of leather gloves in many colours . I've no idea who this market is aim at , but not a decent leather purse in sight !"
"Went online to order a pair of mens jeans when it came to check out and pay it was refused as i didnt have a mobile phone number as i dont own a mobile phone so had to put a friends mobile number into checkout before it accepted payment. The order was supposed to be available to pick up from Stafford store today the 28th november when i went to collect the jeans had not arrived customer service said there was a problem with deliverys even though they had a stock of the jeans on display so went away when i got homme i had received an email saying sorry jeans delayed but would be available to pick up on the 28th november which is the same day as today when i went to collect them. The marks and spencer site is in a right mess and i will never be using them again after this very poor service."
"Party food was fantastic."
"Placed my order for M&S food as I have done for countless years before. Was offered an early bird voucher for a free bottle of wine/chocolates if I ordered before a a certain date. Have never received the voucher and have phoned them three times now. I have been promised they would refer it to the finance team three times and each time takes a week to sort out. Also they promised call back after call back and nothing received. I also know of another lady with the same issue who is still waiting for her voucher and has called the food to order customer service team eight times and is still waiting... As am I ? Cannot believe M&S are having such a problem with this. The rub is, that the voucher is due to expire on the 2nd December. I will get it and it will be out of date !! shame on you M&S. Will vote with my feet next year and go to Waitrose !!"
"Very quick delivery, easy collection, we'll made items in soft organic cotton"
"Cruise travellers take note!!! Whilst on a cruise stopped off at Gibraltar, purchased a top at M&S store. Had to return the product to the Liverpool store. Although I had my receipt, ticket still attached to top & was still in the allocated time. There seemed to be a problem as the store in Gibraltar is a concession store. Finally I did get my refund, but this needs to be explained to customers who are on holiday!!"
"Awful Customer Service I have shopped frequently at M&S and thought they were a brand to be trusted for quality and integrity. No longer! I took some items back to the Lakeside Thurrock store but had put them in the wrong M&S bag and hence had the wrong receipt. Rather than waste a journey i accepted a credit receipt for roughly £90. I used around £40 on food and saved the last £50 to buy something nice for myself. I did not study the credit receipt and didn’t realise they only last 1 year. Last Sunday i tried to use the credit receipt against some clothing and was told it had run out and the money was lost! I was advised to go to Customer Service but they told me they could not help and to call head office. I duly called Head Office Customer Service and was passed from department to department (mostly South African, then eventually in the UK) for 39 minutes, only to be told nothing they could do, and the phone went dead mid conversation. They did not call me back ( by now i had no idea what department i was speaking with). I then called again and after another long delay was told by ‘Julie’ nothing they can do, write in ‘if it makes me feel better’ but it would not make any difference. I am just flabbergasted that i can hand back £50 of goods which are then resold, but i am £50 worse off with nothing to show for it. How can M&S justify witholding money when i have returned the clothing? I did not ask for a refund - i asked for a voucher which I can then use instore. I have built up over 61,000 Sparks points so M&S can quite clearly see I am a regular loyal customer. I am so disappointed than I no longer. wish to shop in any of their stores. I have written to head office to give them the opportunity to put things right but sadly unless they re-issue a credit receipt, there are lots of alternative stores and they have lost my custom forever. Come on M&S, pull your socks up!"
"The maintenance of super quality food, clothes and household goods. I just love M&S ! And.... The added bonus of earning EXTRA POINTS is awesome."
"Bought the new Beef Stroganoff this week.It tasted awful,beef was tough,sauce was bitter and a huge disappointment.would like a refund but can hardly take back a rubbish stir fry! M&S you must be able to do better than this."
"Absolutely shocking service for online orders! I placed an order with the understanding that delivery would be within 5 days, yet the order is going to take longer to get to me as they haven't dispatched it yet. It is no good coming after the date I wanted it for. They took the money straight away and then stuck the order in the 'awaiting despatch' queue. This means that I cannot cancel the order. Not only do they take the money from your account DAYS before they send the items, they then deny you your LEGAL right to cancel it! When talking to the so called customer service department all I get is the excuse that as it's been put in the awaiting despatch queue (on day one) they can no longer alter/cancel it! Smart move, what a way to con your loyal (no longer) customers! Absolutely fuming."
"Went to Mark and Spencer in Doncaster store today, I tried 2 Coats on in front of a mirror where was near the tills. After that I put the coats back, A strange female staff blocked my way out, she was accusing me for something, "Don't do that!where did you put that coat?" she asked me. I took her all the way to show her where the coat was, then she realized something and tried to change the subject. I was shocked,and I did not know what is going on. When I got home ,told my children what had happened in the store, also I showed the photos of the coat to my daughter, and my daughter pointed out what the coat I wore to M&S today was really similar to that one in store. Is that right ???"
Marks And Spencer is rated 4.25 based on 588 reviews