Marks And Spencer Reviews

Marks And Spencer have a Customer Happiness Grade of B. Customers love their prices, delivery and customer service and are happy with their returns process and refunds. Full Insights

85% of reviewers recommend Marks And Spencer
1 New Reviews Written
09AM
9AM
A
A: Big Online Retailers with Unhappy Customers.
B

Footwear
Hats
Lingerie & Underwear

Own Driver, Postal Service

How would you rate Marks And Spencer ?

"This review refers ONLY to MARKS AND SPENCER, 13 THE DIAMOND, COLERAINE, CO. LONDONDERRY NORTHERN IRELAND which IS UTTER RUBBISH, HEAD OFFICE SORT OUT IMMEDIATELY PLEASE!!! I have shopped in M&S for many years, throughout the UK and I have never had any issues until I recently moved house and this store in Coleraine is my "local" nearest store, unfortunately for me!! I went in yesterday morning and this middle aged female shop assistant was standing checking the chicken packets (you get 3 for £10). I moved the metal steps out of the way and went forward to look at the chicken as I wanted 3 packs of the Tampura chicken packs. She continued on checking the chicken packs and made no attempt to stand aside. I left and walked around to the other isle. I noticed just 2 packs of Tampura chicken reduced to £1.35 each, not what I wanted. However in fairness there was another female shop assistant on this isle but at least she had the manners and excused herself and let me look and I thanked her. I went back around to the other isle and this middle aged female shop assistant was still there, blocking me, the customer, from buying anything. I am registered disabled and have problems with my eye sight. I could get no where near the chicken packs to see what I was looking for. I was livid, she saw me but continued on. This was around 8.50 am on Wednesday morning. I immediately dropped my basket on the floor where she was standing preventing me the customer from buying food and walked out. I will NEVER set foot in this Coleraine "M&S" store. I also had issues on Saturday 29th September with this Coleraine "M&S" store. The shop is supposed to open at 8.30am but it was actually 08.34am when they opened. I went in as I was looking for a birthday card voucher. At the main front door entrance as you go in on the right side is where these cards used to be, but they had been moved. I asked a young "Facebook generation" shop assistant where the birthday card vouchers where at. She just pointed. They had been moved to the left hand side and were located further down. Again it took me some time to see these as I have mobility and eye sight issues. Thought she might have walked the short distance from the till to show me, but no, too early in the morning obviously! There was a very poor selection of birthday cards for the voucher, but I took one anyway. I went to the check out to get the £30 put on the voucher. I then gave this same young, unhelpful shop assistant my Marks and Spencer's card to get my loyalty points. She looked at me and said that doesn't work!! I knew it did, she didn't want to be bothered. I handed it to her and said try it and low and behold I got my loyalty points!! She seemed surprised and said I didn't think that would work! Utter laziness and one wonders how many customers were denied their loyalty points due to her incompetence. I WILL NEVER SET FOOT IN COLERAINE "M&S" AGAIN, NEVER. This is not a properly run M&S shop. I know things may be done differently up in the country but please this is ridiculous. Ignorant staff who stand and block the isles preventing customers from making purchases, if customers cannot buy M&S food who will pay the Coleraine "M&S" employees their wages? The Christmas season will soon be upon us. How will this excuse for a M&S in Coleraine cope? I will be going back to Sprucefield (Lisburn) M&S or indeed Ballymena or Londonderry. ALL excellent and properly run M&S stores. Country Coleraine M&S watch and learn from these stores. M&S Head Office get this sorted out now. YOU are loosing business, customers and money."
"I telephoned your Hedge End office to ask if they would put a coat by for me. The person I spoke to just refused!! I saw it yesterday in the store and went home to buy it on-line. When I went on-line I found that my size was no longer available. M and S used to be so good with great customer service. They used to ring round stores to try to locate a product. What a shame the customer service has deteriorated so much. I would have paid for the coat. It was just that I could not go into the store until Friday. You have lost my custom and I have lost my faith in you. I will shop elsewhere in future."
"Bought a suit from Marks & Spencer Tunbridge Wells Menswear on 28/09/18 - we were very pleased with the *excellent* customer service received from Tyler Markwell - a very professional, charming, patient, affable young man - a true asset. Nothing was too much trouble, his help and advice was greatly appreciated - a wise head on young shoulders - and we left satisfied customers."
"I have just tried the new freshly made meal deal from the Oxford Street branch. (From the deli counter) £5 for one of many delicious salads plus a quiche, chicken or salmon kebabs or falefals. What an amazing idea and the food is outstanding. Great portions, delicious salads and great fish and chicken. I want the chef working for my company! Please continue with this, it is outstanding. I will be back tomorrow!"
"Bad communication & misleading. Waited weeks for bedroom furniture to be delivered. Took a day off work. When the delivery men arrived, they told me they didn't have enough space to work in. One bedroom was completely empty with loads of space and only had my bed in there. They needed me to remove the bed completely to enable them to work because they needed 11ft x 7ft to work in! Who has that space available? M&S never warned me about that - in their T&Cs and in the emails I was receiving from them, they just said to give the driver 'enough space' to build the furniture. Apparently this happens all the time with M&S and their deliveries and customers are always left disappointed (according to driver who has worked with them for 4 years. I never got my furniture - the driver drove away and I have to wait another 2 weeks until they can come back again. I now have to empty all of the rooms that the furniture needs to go in. Thankfully I now have some notice, but it would have been nice if M&S did this in the first place to their customers!! Very disappointed."
"to day we had just a small shopping of children's clothes but a gentleman Luke was serving on the chashier point he was a very wonderful and helping and make us really feel sooo happy with his manner and helping manner he gave gift voucher after sale receipt was given by asking the anothoer lady chashier and help usat Reading broad street Rg1 2BH. \I do wish every one;ikehim."
"DAVE AT NANCHESTER TRAFFORD CENTER MNS, what a genuine mice guy, and an asset to the business!"
"Reposted to keep it alive. This company are really not very good . I simply cannot understand how people rave about their food quality, when in fact it isn't very good at all. This company try to live on a bygone reputation, when there was little else really to get clothes from. The quality of their items is not good at all for the price. Whoever their buyers are should be sacked and get in people who understand what the public want, not what the the company THINK they want. Paying over the odds for clothing does not mean great quality. In fact this company sell clothing items either too long in the sleeves, trousers that are not what the size states they are, to name but two. I live in Kent, and the store in Dover has closed down recently. It has moved down nearer the sea front selling food only. This shopping precinct idea came from Dover District Council, and anyone living locally knows what this means. It most likely means that like everything else DDC get up to, it will fail. Seems like M&S didn't do their homework!! Who on earth is going to make a special trip to Dover to shop in Marks, for example, when they can drive a short distance to Canterbury and shop in that store which sells food also. It is very big. Come on Marks, get your act together and get with the times. Oh, and don't do what all the others are doing....self service checkouts. It is a fact people, that every single item you buy, the price of it being scanned at a REAL checkout by a REAL person, has been factored in to the total cost. If they want self service then insist on a discount for doing so or DON'T use them."
"Service was helpful. Food of good quality. Though choice seems to be shrinking."
"I believe that they use to have expensive but a good quality food. But now just the price stayed. I found yesterday in Skegness pasta with Fungus on a shelf for sale!! So many times in different shops( Lincoln, Skegness) I bought oranges. They were awful. Paying £4 and having it binned is not good! I thought it was bad batch or something so I tried a few more times in different months. Still the same. Why they are cheating customers? They are selling tropical juice as the big front writing saying, but it is made from apples with adding some concentrates. I wouldn't recommend it."
"I normally rate the food but have just bought garlic and herb chicken thighs which were rather awful...very fatty and most the herb stuffing sat in the fatty part of the thigh. It was apparently sufficient for two people, but had five thighs (why do stores offer meals for two with unequal portions, perhaps in the hope you will buy another? However I just make sure I don’t buy it again. M& S Food seems to be on the verge of deteriorating the same as the clothing!"
"I purchased a mens M&S suit almost 4 months ago, and already - after light use - the material in the legs has worn thin leaving a hole. This has never happened on any of my suits (including M&S suits) before. Initial contact with Customer Service was great - they told me to return the suit and they would see what they could do. Three weeks later M&S ship the suit back to me saying that there is nothing wrong with it and imply it only wore down because I must be fat. Hmmmm. (A) I'm not overweight and again must stress I've not had this problem with ANY suit before, and (B) M&S are essentially admitting then that they wouldn't expect suit trousers to last any longer than 4 months after sale (does this meet the "fit for purpose" criteria of the Sale of Goods Act ? I doubt it). The letter, from a generic customer service rep with no background in textiles, stated "in her opinion" it was general wear and tear as M&S had no reports of this before. So it sounds like the first person to open the returned suit had a quick look at it and decided it looked fine to her. I queried this further with M&S asking what level of expertise this person had to determine there was no fault in the fabric. In response M&S said as I was being persistant they would take the suit back again and have one of their "textile technicians" examine it. I queried why this didn't happen in the first place and asked a few other questions about the whole returns process. Customer Services responded, but deliberately failed to answer all of the issues I raised. So I emailed Stephen Rowe (he's a big cheese - you can find him at steve.rowe@marks-and- spencer.com) to ask for further clarification . Mr Rowe kindly redirected me straight back to the person who failed to answer my previous email. So....I'm not impressed. I doubt very much I'd buy any more of my suits from M&S, simply because of the uncooperative experience I've had with Customer Services (up until this latest purchase their suits have been fine). Ironic really when a quick Google shows that M&S appear to be struggling with their clothing line. You'd really think they's want to retain customers, not alienate them. Oh well, it's not like there aren't a whole lot of other retailers out their that can have my money instead."
"Quick and free delivery."
"As I'm calorie counting, the Count on Us range has been invaluable in helping me make informed choices on healthy and convenient food. The range is varied and has aided me on my weight loss journey. The 3 for £10 offer is also very good value for money and I will definitely be making this a regular part of my eating plan even when I am maintaining my weight."
"Very nice Foodhall to shop in at Tring, staff are always pleasant & happy to help (Emma) even after having to deal with the odd unreasonable rude customer! If you have had a bad day, keep it to yourself, don't inflict it on others"
"I visit the Upminster Store weekly and the Cashier Ruth never fails. She is extremely helpful always smiling and it is always a pleasure to be served by her."
"Living in the Republic of Ireland, I order regularly from them. Sometimes deliveries from other companies from the UK to Ireland can take up to 10 days! Not so with Marks & Spencer, 2 - 3 days. Excellent company to shop online with."
"I ordered 2 Birthday cakes last Friday 29th June 2018 and when I collected one of them the icing has been Spoiled because the cake was moved during the transportation but FIONA FROM WELLINGBOROUGH SHOP already order another one straight away as I needed the Chocolate birthday cake for Saturday. She is such a wonderful helpful customer assistant and her quick thinking save me from panicking as I was having 40 people to celebrate my daughter 21st birthday party on Saturday. When I collected the chocolate cake yesterday, it was perfect and on top of that she told me that I could have the other chocolate cake that the icing has been spoiled and Marks and Spencer gave a bottle of champagne for my daughter. Thank you so much FIONA AND MARKS AND SPENCER to make our daughter birthday special 🙏🏽 I hope you are not going to close WELLINGBOROUGH SHOP as that is my local M&S shop."
"Staff always happy and cheerful and offer friendly advice."
"good price and goods"