Maplin Reviews

info@maplin.co.uk

9 Temple Street

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how Maplin made you happy

"Disgusting service from the Chelmsford branch of Maplin. We purchased a number of items from the store and the staff forgot to remove the security tag, that resulted in us being stopped by security staff in various other shops around the town (incredibly embarrassing). Not realising which item we had purchased was causing the issue it was finally identified as being the electrical item purchased in Maplin. Having opened the box to find where the tag was we noticed that the item appeared to have a part missing. So we went back to the store to ask about the missing item and also raise the issue of the security tag, but the missing part was obviously the main concern. On arrival a member of staff named Ross (no more than 17) approached us and we explained the problems. He wasn't interested and called over an older member of staff. This member of staff flatly told us that "there are no security tags on any of their items" and that "It must be items we purchased elsewhere that caused the alarms in other shops". We told him it was definitely the item purchase from Maplin and he gleefully tried to prove a point by grabbing the box from our hands, opening it up in front of us and took great pride in telling us "SEE!!! There is no tag in the box"......only for him to look suitably embarrassed only seconds latter when he spotted the tag in the corner of the box. His answer to that was "Well we didn't put it there so why are you blaming us!". We were not blaming Maplin but simply wanted to raise the point that anyone else purchasing the same item (a "Ring.com" doorbell) may encounter the same problem. The conversation then moved onto the missing part (the battery for the doorbell). The older member of staff agreed that there was clearly a missing part and stormed off to get another box off the shelf only to return and state "Your missing part is already inserted into the bell frame, so it's not missing after all is it!" Given his appalling attitude we asked to speak to a manager. Ross (the Saturday boy) piped up out of nowhere and said "Why do you want to see the manager, what do you think he will do about it"... in an incredibly surly manner one would expect from a hormonal teenager but not one employed in a high street shop. He then added, "What more do you want!", we said "An apology would be nice" The manager duly spoke to us and was thankfully a little more professional but that's not really saying much, but did finally offer his apologies and promised to speak to Ross about his attitude. Judging by his response to us and roll of eyes he knows only too well about Ross and his attitude towards customers. If anyone else finds themselves in the unfortunate position of shopping in the Chelmsford branch of Maplin's be sure they remove the security tags and avoid Kevin and/or Perry behind the main counter."
"Very helpful web site and support staff with good knowledge of the product range. Products available to reserve on line and pick up in local store. Excellent service."
"Ordered and paid for an item, failed to arrive despite promising a call back, never happened, staff at Walsal branch most unhelpful and didn’t really care, will shop elsewhere 8n future give a miss"
"Plenty of helpful staff in shop and reasonable prices."
"Knowledgeable staff. Good price for products – and no quibble refund for one item that was purchased in error."
"the assistant went out of his way to assist me despite being an innocent in the items i was looking for... despite that he spent 5 mins and between us we achieved the items i needed.."
"Purchased swann cctv system after talking to staff. All in all a good experience."
"Good range of products. Easy to find what I needed. Helpful and friendly store staff"
"When I go into a shop and explain exactly what I want and am told by the operative that she doesn't know if they have a solution, then I begin to despair. I need a door bell (Americans call them Chimes) that is compatible with the home security device Ring,com. I can get a list of compatible devices from Ring.com's own web sites so I know what I'm looking for. To be told to make enquiries with any of the listed companies, because they don't stock any of the manufacturers on the list is really not acceptable because Maplin themselves sell the Ring.com product! Surely I just can not be the first person to have walked into Maplin with that request? Anyway, I then went to B & Q and bought the product - one of those listed - from the shelf. QED"
"Excellent products and first class customer service in the Birmingham City Centre store"
"I recently went into Maplin for my first time to try and source a part for my headset which I had been unable to find and had been recommended to Maplin. Unfortunately they didn't have the exact part I needed but the sales adviser was fantastic and googled the part with suggestions of where I should look to purchase it. He even wrote the exact correct name for the part rather than my "the thingy with one bit on one end and two on the other" description. Above and beyond customer service from Maplin on Winnick Road Warrington, Well done !"
"Very good customer service. And got me what i needed which was a K5 speaker for my MP3 player."
"maplins staff were very helpfull,and they had what i wanted in stock, which i was unable to get any where else locally."
"They are very bad. I bought a usb cable which damaged my phone. They took the phone for inspection and till now they never sent it. Every time i call they say it was sent. They are useless"
"Everything went well with the purchase online until it came to me receiving the items. I was advised by e-mail that the item had been dispatched and would arrive on a specific date. I went to collect item on the day after the specified date and the shop workers were unable to find it or have any record of the purchase. I wrote to customer services multiple times and never received a reply within a month. I decided to return to the shop and ask again, this time they found my items."
"Staff are very helpful and have great product knowledge"
"I visited the store in Newport Isle of Wight seeking a long length of cat5 ethernet cable, and connectors. The staff showed me the products available, and I mentioned that I had seen a special offer on their website. One employee happily spent a considerable time on their computer stock control system to ensure I got just what I wanted at a very reasonable price."
"the knowledge and helpfulness of the staff"
"They had the product I wanted at a reasonable price"
"Total disinterest in what I wanted to buy, not the slightest bit helpful."
Maplin is rated 3.63 based on 70 reviews