Maker&Son Reviews

Michael Smith-Keary
Maker&Son 5 star review on 22nd July 2021
Maker&Son 5 star review on 22nd July 2021
Richard Hodges
It would have been 5 . But sadly we have a problem with an under stuffed cushion in corner of our sofa which is constantly sunk lower and won’t buff up like the rest of the suite. We absolutely love our sofa but have not heard back from anyone to deal with this issue , after 4 e.mails . Matt has kindly replied from the sales team assuring us twice now that someone will call , but nothing ??? After sales service disappointing . Let’s hope for January .
I found Maker&Son on Instagram and became immediately tempted. They are small artisan furniture company, just the sort of brand you follow and admire from a distance. Their products were in fairness well over my price range but I ordered the Maker&Son mobile showroom for a visit (fabulous service and great staff - thanks, Matt!), sat once in their showcase chair and opened immediately a separate savings account to put the money aside. I am so happy I did! The chair came well under the expected make-to-order delivery time, the client service and delivery service were excellent and - lastly - I love my chair! This is exactly the sort of thing you invest for yourself in, it will be the centre of my living room for years and I could not be happier! It's come to the point when my guests coming to visit are already booking slots to sit in the chair! Thank you for a wonderful product!
Firstly I adore your product, the fabrics are interesting and a bit different. I like different! My yellow cord fabric lifts the room & gives a casual feel.It is a hit with my large family. 11 grand children & 4 dogs, plus parents. My new second set of covers is a lovely soft blue velvet which adds sophistication. I gather I will have to be more careful with these. The velvet set came with marks along the seams but having read your care information I put it down to 'pressure marking' from being stored in the box it arrived in.I did mistake this for 'uneven dyeing'. Having left the sofa over night with my new velvet covers on there is improvement. There was a delay in the arrival of the sofa & the wrong cushions arrived to start with but Laura sorted everything out.
Maker&Son 4 star review on 2nd October 2020 Maker&Son 4 star review on 2nd October 2020 Maker&Son 4 star review on 2nd October 2020 Maker&Son 4 star review on 2nd October 2020 Maker&Son 4 star review on 2nd October 2020 Maker&Son 4 star review on 2nd October 2020 Maker&Son 4 star review on 2nd October 2020
The Song Sofa was delivered on time, is exceptionally comfortable and was actually made in two parts to accommodate a challenging access issue to our London Flat. Dealing with Maker and Son from order to delivery was extremely reassuring.
So excited to receive our Love Seat in Topaz Linen. Brilliant service from the whole team & a huge thank you to James who advised me to measure my front door!! The mobile showroom was great & Amanda really helped us work out how to make the best use of the space. Delivery was super efficient, so thank you to Matt and Harry....... Cannot recomend highly enough. Only wish we had space for more pieces!!
Maker&Son 5 star review on 14th June 2021
Hi there Bridget! Thank you for the glowing review. Your Topaz Love Seat looks absolutely wonderful in your room. Sounds like it was a real team effort that made this happen for you and I'm pleased everyone was able to help. If you ever need anything else in the future please don't hesitate to get in contact. Many Thanks, Maker&Son
Great service and so happy with the incredibly comfy and chic Song Sofa.. I searched high and low for a UK made sofa using sustainable and toxic free materials that was also comfy and stylish.. There is a chic simplicity to their range which seems hard to find these days. This was the only company I found that ticked all the boxes.. Well worth paying a little more than the average sofa for something that will last and also eco-conscious points gained!.. each decision we make as a consumer impacts our health and the environment..and ultimately what kind of future we want to build!
Maker&Son 5 star review on 8th April 2021
Thank you so much for the kind words Sophie, we absolutely agree in being conscious of the environment as producers, and also as consumers. And how lovely to see the sofa now firmly a part of such a homely living space - truly wonderful!
We have had our song sofa in long pile velvet for a few weeks now and we are so so happy with it. It felt like a big purchase but it’s worth every penny. I don’t think I’ve ever been this relaxed in my life. Would definitely recommend the song sofa it really is the most comfy sofa I have ever sat on.
I ordered this sofa as a surprise for my daughter whilst she was away. Then the pandemic came, during this time I received constant assurance and communication from Matt and his team. They made sure that I was updated every step of the way, there was not one moment when I worried about not receiving my piece. When my daughter received her sofa she was so elated and needless to say, I don’t think she will be coming out for a while. It’s everything and more. Comfort, quality and cosiness.
Customer service was great from start to finish: Matt kept us informed along the way when lockdown caused a delay in the production. They were definitely worth the wait!!
Love our new sofa. Excellent customer service, professional yet warm, personal and thorough. As for the sofa, it's just what we hoped for. A big investment but so thrilled with it. Comfy and stylish and despite its whopping size, modest and understated. We bought a bespoke length of fabric to act as another overlay/throw and it works brilliantly for that.
I have just received delivery of my song armchair in gold leaf velvet and it is absolutely stunning! I bought a footstool a year ago and as soon as it arrived I started looking for a spot for an armchair too! The workmanship is superb. They are very special pieces. The people at Maker&Son make this a lovely such a company to deal with - everyone I spoke to from initial inquiry to post delivery were charming. Thank you!
It was a pleasure to deal with Maker&Son - a personal and helpful buying experience. I bought this sofa without trying it out, purely on description and the conversations I had with Maker&Son. I described where I wanted the sofa, the kind of colours etc - they discussed with me & sent samples of material, advising on what type of material to choose (we have two dogs). Delivery was a while but no longer or shorter than other furniture companies. I chased once. When it had been picked up from them, the company that delivered agreed the date at my convenience and kept me well-informed on the day. The guys who delivered were polite and friendly. They took all the wrapping away. All in all a good buying and follow through experience.
We enjoyed the whole experience of buying from Maker and Son - from the swatches of fabric to the visit from the mobile showroom, order and delivery. The sofa, chair and footstools are very well made, comfortable, robust and exactly as we hoped. Many thanks to all involved. Catherine and Peter, Wedhampton, Wiltshire
If you are looking for a wonderful buying experience and you want to treat yourself to something quite special you have come to the right place. The sofas are comfortable and really practical (can wash them at home). The staff are a professional, courteous and nothing is too much trouble.
Extremely professional and helpful service at all stages. The corner sofa is very comfortable as well as looking inviting.
Maker&Son 5 star review on 2nd September 2021
Hi there Chris, thank for taking the time to write a review and thank you for sharing the wonderful photo of your new sofa. Your room look extremely inviting and very cosy. I hope you and your family enjoy your new sofa for many years to come. Kind Regards, Maker&Son
Wonderful service from start to finish. We enjoyed the usual trek around the various sofa stores until we decided to take a trip down to the Maker & Son show room and as soon as we sat down there was no going back! Delighted with our new sofa and seat and the team could not have been more helpful!
Hi there, thank you for the wonderful review! I am so pleased you enjoyed your trip to our showroom, we do try to make it a lovely and welcoming environment. Please don't hesitate to pop in if your are ever in the area again. I hope you enjoy your new sofa and loveseat for many years to come. Kind Regards, Maker&Son
The whole process was seamless , the product is amazing and the team were so polite and thoughtful . Thankyou so so much
Hi there Bobbi, thank you for the lovely review. I am so pleased you had a positive experience and I do hope you enjoy your new furniture for years to come! Many Thanks, Maker&Son
Absolutely thrilled to bits. I spent so long dithering about what sort of sofa to get, worrying and cogitating, eventually I ordered the van to sample maker&son. I then dithered some more and ended up whim ordering on available now. And they are here. They arrived Monday. It’s July. It’s sunny. Are we outside? No. We are snuggled up on the most comfortable sofas, that just happen to look photo shoot perfect too. Neither of us can wait for winter so we can hibernate.
Maker&Son 5 star review on 15th July 2021
Wow what a stunning image! Thank you so much for the review Emma - Matt, Tom and the rest of the Maker&Son team here are so pleased you're as thrilled with your furniture as we'd hoped you would be! And what a fantastic colour choice to compliment the rest of the room might we say. We do hope you enjoy your furniture for years to come, and if you've ever any questions or further requirements, please do just let us know.
From start to finish their dedicated personalised approach was greatly appreciated.
Hi there Bianca, Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are so pleased you had a pleasant journey when buying with us. If you ever need anything else, please don't hesitate to get back in contact.
I love my beautiful couch and chair they are the most things I’ve ever sat on. Delivery was swift and extremely efficient.
Thanks Irene - we're so pleased you are happy with your pieces of furniture. If you ever have any questions about care or for other pieces, just let us know.
Maker&Son is rated 4.97 based on 121 reviews