Maker&Son Reviews

Maker&Son 5 star review on 8th February 2021
Victoria Benson
Maker&Son 5 star review on 8th February 2021
Victoria Benson
It would have been 5 . But sadly we have a problem with an under stuffed cushion in corner of our sofa which is constantly sunk lower and won’t buff up like the rest of the suite. We absolutely love our sofa but have not heard back from anyone to deal with this issue , after 4 e.mails . Matt has kindly replied from the sales team assuring us twice now that someone will call , but nothing ??? After sales service disappointing . Let’s hope for January .
I found Maker&Son on Instagram and became immediately tempted. They are small artisan furniture company, just the sort of brand you follow and admire from a distance. Their products were in fairness well over my price range but I ordered the Maker&Son mobile showroom for a visit (fabulous service and great staff - thanks, Matt!), sat once in their showcase chair and opened immediately a separate savings account to put the money aside. I am so happy I did! The chair came well under the expected make-to-order delivery time, the client service and delivery service were excellent and - lastly - I love my chair! This is exactly the sort of thing you invest for yourself in, it will be the centre of my living room for years and I could not be happier! It's come to the point when my guests coming to visit are already booking slots to sit in the chair! Thank you for a wonderful product!
Firstly I adore your product, the fabrics are interesting and a bit different. I like different! My yellow cord fabric lifts the room & gives a casual feel.It is a hit with my large family. 11 grand children & 4 dogs, plus parents. My new second set of covers is a lovely soft blue velvet which adds sophistication. I gather I will have to be more careful with these. The velvet set came with marks along the seams but having read your care information I put it down to 'pressure marking' from being stored in the box it arrived in.I did mistake this for 'uneven dyeing'. Having left the sofa over night with my new velvet covers on there is improvement. There was a delay in the arrival of the sofa & the wrong cushions arrived to start with but Laura sorted everything out.
Maker&Son 4 star review on 2nd October 2020 Maker&Son 4 star review on 2nd October 2020 Maker&Son 4 star review on 2nd October 2020
The Song Sofa was delivered on time, is exceptionally comfortable and was actually made in two parts to accommodate a challenging access issue to our London Flat. Dealing with Maker and Son from order to delivery was extremely reassuring.
We have had our song sofa in long pile velvet for a few weeks now and we are so so happy with it. It felt like a big purchase but it’s worth every penny. I don’t think I’ve ever been this relaxed in my life. Would definitely recommend the song sofa it really is the most comfy sofa I have ever sat on.
I ordered this sofa as a surprise for my daughter whilst she was away. Then the pandemic came, during this time I received constant assurance and communication from Matt and his team. They made sure that I was updated every step of the way, there was not one moment when I worried about not receiving my piece. When my daughter received her sofa she was so elated and needless to say, I don’t think she will be coming out for a while. It’s everything and more. Comfort, quality and cosiness.
Customer service was great from start to finish: Matt kept us informed along the way when lockdown caused a delay in the production. They were definitely worth the wait!!
Love our new sofa. Excellent customer service, professional yet warm, personal and thorough. As for the sofa, it's just what we hoped for. A big investment but so thrilled with it. Comfy and stylish and despite its whopping size, modest and understated. We bought a bespoke length of fabric to act as another overlay/throw and it works brilliantly for that.
I have just received delivery of my song armchair in gold leaf velvet and it is absolutely stunning! I bought a footstool a year ago and as soon as it arrived I started looking for a spot for an armchair too! The workmanship is superb. They are very special pieces. The people at Maker&Son make this a lovely such a company to deal with - everyone I spoke to from initial inquiry to post delivery were charming. Thank you!
It was a pleasure to deal with Maker&Son - a personal and helpful buying experience. I bought this sofa without trying it out, purely on description and the conversations I had with Maker&Son. I described where I wanted the sofa, the kind of colours etc - they discussed with me & sent samples of material, advising on what type of material to choose (we have two dogs). Delivery was a while but no longer or shorter than other furniture companies. I chased once. When it had been picked up from them, the company that delivered agreed the date at my convenience and kept me well-informed on the day. The guys who delivered were polite and friendly. They took all the wrapping away. All in all a good buying and follow through experience.
If you are looking for a wonderful buying experience and you want to treat yourself to something quite special you have come to the right place. The sofas are comfortable and really practical (can wash them at home). The staff are a professional, courteous and nothing is too much trouble.
We absolutely loved working with Maker & Son, customer service was fantastic. We purchased a Song Sofa, Song chair and Song stool in a moonstone linen. The linen fabric is of outstanding quality - it is soft, durable and beautiful. The sofa, chair and a stool are super cushiony and comfy, you wouldn't want to leave them. It's the comfiest sofa I've experienced. Maker & Son family business is driven by great values, you can tell that they put their soul into it and great effort. Even their marketing videos are special, accompanied by music of Chopin and Debussy. You know that the furniture will be a top class. Highly recommended! Lily & Joni x
Maker&Son 5 star review on 23rd March 2021 Maker&Son 5 star review on 23rd March 2021
Hi there Lily & Joni. We're so so pleased that our values have been so evident to you throughout your journey with us. Our passion and commitment really is at the heart of all we do, regardless of the department. From all of us here we wish you the absolute best, and trust you'll enjoy your furniture for years to come!
We are so happy with our two sofas, they are ridiculously comfortable. Great individual service would not hesitate in recommending Maker and Son or their products. Loved having the showroom van visit us at home brilliant idea! Only problem is I can’t get anyone off the sofas including the dog!
Maker&Son 5 star review on 4th March 2021
Thanks so much for the kind words and the absolutely gorgeous picture. We hope you enjoy you and your family (and most importantly, your dog 😊) enjoy your sofas for years to come 💕
From initially being seduced by the amazing marketing and then the overwhelming customer experience from having a ‘van to home test’, being handheld throughout the selection process, to the final stage of my Song sofa professionally installed at my home has truly exceeded expectations. There has been no better friend in lockdown! :)
Maker&Son 5 star review on 11th November 2020
Very good service and I love my seat. My only issue is that I often can’t get on it for my 2 dogs and cat who leap on it as soon as I leave the room!
Maker&Son 5 star review on 9th November 2020
I love love love my 2 sofas. So very comfortable practical, sustainable made in England. The company was a total pleasure to deal with throughout the process even when one sofa was too big to get through the front door, within a week a crane had been hired to take it through the windows on the second floor. We will only buy Maker and Sons sofas going forward 💜
From the moment I laid eyes on this company I wanted to own one of your sofas. I have never purchased a sofa online but my goodness you’ve lived up to your promises. Wow just wow 🤗 spectacular sofa, sales team and delivery staff, absolutely thrilled 😁 will spread the word, thank you all x
We love our new sofa. All the people who helped us pick the sofa, manage the delivery and accounts were all delightful.
Fantastic personal service & very quality product. Expensive but timeless and well worth the money
I’m am absolutely in love with my new sofa and love chair . Worth every single penny.. The whole process from dealing with Amanda , right down to the delivery service was 100%. I will definitely be back to order different covers when i’m ready for a change ..THANK YOU SO SO MUCH TO EVERYONE AT MAKER& SON X
Maker&Son is rated 4.96 based on 95 reviews