Maker&Son Reviews

of reviewers recommend Maker&Son
Read Maker&Son Reviews
I found Maker&Son on Instagram and became immediately tempted. They are small artisan furniture company, just the sort of brand you follow and admire from a distance. Their products were in fairness well over my price range but I ordered the Maker&Son mobile showroom for a visit (fabulous service and great staff - thanks, Matt!), sat once in their showcase chair and opened immediately a separate savings account to put the money aside.
I am so happy I did! The chair came well under the expected make-to-order delivery time, the client service and delivery service were excellent and - lastly - I love my chair! This is exactly the sort of thing you invest for yourself in, it will be the centre of my living room for years and I could not be happier! It's come to the point when my guests coming to visit are already booking slots to sit in the chair! Thank you for a wonderful product!
Firstly I adore your product, the fabrics are interesting and a bit different. I like different! My yellow cord fabric lifts the room & gives a casual feel.It is a hit with my large family. 11 grand children & 4 dogs, plus parents.
My new second set of covers is a lovely soft blue velvet which adds sophistication. I gather I will have to be more careful with these. The velvet set came with marks along the seams but having read your care information I put it down to 'pressure marking' from being stored in the box it arrived in.I did mistake this for 'uneven dyeing'. Having left the sofa over night with my new velvet covers on there is improvement.
There was a delay in the arrival of the sofa & the wrong cushions arrived to start with but Laura sorted everything out.
We have had our song sofa in long pile velvet for a few weeks now and we are so so happy with it. It felt like a big purchase but it’s worth every penny. I don’t think I’ve ever been this relaxed in my life. Would definitely recommend the song sofa it really is the most comfy sofa I have ever sat on.
I ordered this sofa as a surprise for my daughter whilst she was away. Then the pandemic came, during this time I received constant assurance and communication from Matt and his team. They made sure that I was updated every step of the way, there was not one moment when I worried about not receiving my piece.

When my daughter received her sofa she was so elated and needless to say, I don’t think she will be coming out for a while. It’s everything and more. Comfort, quality and cosiness.
Customer service was great from start to finish: Matt kept us informed along the way when lockdown caused a delay in the production. They were definitely worth the wait!!
Love our new sofa. Excellent customer service, professional yet warm, personal and thorough. As for the sofa, it's just what we hoped for. A big investment but so thrilled with it. Comfy and stylish and despite its whopping size, modest and understated. We bought a bespoke length of fabric to act as another overlay/throw and it works brilliantly for that.
I have just received delivery of my song armchair in gold leaf velvet and it is absolutely stunning! I bought a footstool a year ago and as soon as it arrived I started looking for a spot for an armchair too! The workmanship is superb. They are very special pieces. The people at Maker&Son make this a lovely such a company to deal with - everyone I spoke to from initial inquiry to post delivery were charming. Thank you!
It was a pleasure to deal with Maker&Son - a personal and helpful buying experience. I bought this sofa without trying it out, purely on description and the conversations I had with Maker&Son. I described where I wanted the sofa, the kind of colours etc - they discussed with me & sent samples of material, advising on what type of material to choose (we have two dogs). Delivery was a while but no longer or shorter than other furniture companies. I chased once. When it had been picked up from them, the company that delivered agreed the date at my convenience and kept me well-informed on the day. The guys who delivered were polite and friendly. They took all the wrapping away. All in all a good buying and follow through experience.
The Song Sofa was delivered on time, is exceptionally comfortable and was actually made in two parts to accommodate a challenging access issue to our London Flat. Dealing with Maker and Son from order to delivery was extremely reassuring.
If you are looking for a wonderful buying experience and you want to treat yourself to something quite special you have come to the right place. The sofas are comfortable and really practical (can wash them at home). The staff are a professional, courteous and nothing is too much trouble.
From initially being seduced by the amazing marketing and then the overwhelming customer experience from having a ‘van to home test’, being handheld throughout the selection process, to the final stage of my Song sofa professionally installed at my home has truly exceeded expectations. There has been no better friend in lockdown! :)
Maker&Son 5 star review on 11th November 2020
Very good service and I love my seat. My only issue is that I often can’t get on it for my 2 dogs and cat who leap on it as soon as I leave the room!
Maker&Son 5 star review on 9th November 2020
From the moment I laid eyes on this company I wanted to own one of your sofas. I have never purchased a sofa online but my goodness you’ve lived up to your promises. Wow just wow 🤗 spectacular sofa, sales team and delivery staff, absolutely thrilled 😁 will spread the word, thank you all x
We love our new sofa. All the people who helped us pick the sofa, manage the delivery and accounts were all delightful.
Fantastic personal service & very quality product. Expensive but timeless and well worth the money
I’m am absolutely in love with my new sofa and love chair . Worth every single penny.. The whole process from dealing with Amanda , right down to the delivery service was 100%. I will definitely be back to order different covers when i’m ready for a change ..THANK YOU SO SO MUCH TO EVERYONE AT MAKER& SON X
Such a wonderful experience - from the initial visit to the showroom and the communication from the sales team throughout the process (particularly helpful with material delays/Covid impact), culminating with the arrival of my beautiful bespoke sofa. The quality of the craftsmanship is evident in all aspects of the design and the comfort level is unbelievable!
Outstanding furniture. We ordered the loveseat and footstool and they are every bit as comfortable as they look. Perfect for movie night.
Both my husband and I are extremely pleased with our new sofa and love seat, the Italian Linen is stunning and the colour is relaxing and welcoming. The comfort is just perfect so much so the two small dogs now have there own cushion (putting a blanket down of course)
The service was great, we were informed throughout, delivery guys were lovely. We will be recommending Maker & Son to all
We have had our sofa for a few months now. 100% linen large sofa. It is to us, the comfyest sofa we have ever owned and sat on. (sink in, I should say) The frame feels very solid and the upholstery is definitely well made. Every person we spoke to at Maker&Son was extremely friendly and every question we had was answered. Thank you.
Maker&Son is rated 4.98 based on 63 reviews