Majestic Wine Reviews

73% of reviewers recommend Majestic Wine
7PM
7PM

Tell us how Majestic Wine made you happy

"Chantelle in the Canterbury store is fantastic, friendly and knowledgeable. Made our visit a pleasure."
Are you Majestic Wine? Reply to this positive review and show your potential customers that you care about the feedback Majestic Wine receives. Reply Free
"Avoid like the plague. Don't be drawn in by their promises of cheap deals and being treated like a VIP. It wont happen. I normally use Waitrose Cellar but I thought I would give Majestic a try. I joined the concierge club which supposedly sees you being treated as a VIP. Ordered 2 cases of wine and due to the amount spent I was able to elect which day I would like the wine delivered. When I saw the carrier was Yodel I should have known. Oh yes...Yodel are their 'trusted partner' I wouldn't trust them to do my shopping let alone anything else. Anyway, it seems that Majestic cannot cope with an order that is more than one case (considering they are a wine warehouse this beggars belief) so I now have two parcels being delivered by Yodel. Guess what? Despite waiting in all day the wine never appeared. It was never out for delivery. Thursday morning and one box was still not out for delivery and the second box was still with Majestic despite having placed the order on Saturday An absolute joke of a company. They have one job. You order wine and they deliver it to you but this is totally beyond their capability. Needless to say cancelled order. Absolutely pathetic. DO NOT USE. Back to Waitrose Cellar. Lesson learned."
"They are very helpful every time we go there and let us try some of the wines.They are so knowledgeable about all the wines in the shop and they even take your purchase to your car and load it for you. Brilliant service and great wines."
"It is quite upsetting for me to write a critical review but this was my very last say towards my concerns with Majestic wine as I tried to resolve this with what they call "The customer happiness team" but certainly not happy enough to provide an efficient customer service. My order was cancelled without notification, money was put on hold on my account, and when I ring the customer service to express my concerns, I was told that the manager will ring me back to find that this manager never bothered to call me. It's a shame really because companies which are run this way feel so comfortable at present due to high volume of customers not realising that it's not about volume but it's about loyalty which can secure a future in any business. So many companies are going into admin because of internal issues but employees with no passion about the job disregard this until it results in them loosing their job but then they have the cheek to blame the company for not doing well not realising that they make the company, yes, people make or break a business but I guess I can only express my experience, whether you take it on board or not that's your choice."
"They made me very unhappy my restaurant has not placed an order in four weeks,because they were so rude I have now got a new supplier.Rowan Goumley has his work cut out.I was a customer for 7 years with great service and customer care why has it gone so bad, I do not expect to get any response to this review."
"Their staff are excellent, service always consistently good and they deliver most times on the same day as you order FOC"
"Visited Majestic Wine in Calais on 28th November 2017 - fantastic service and great prices. We ordered online in advance to take advantage of the discounts available. If in Calais be sure to visit these guys (10 mins from the Eurotunnel)"
"Good choice of wines and very good customer service. On the very rare occasion I have had to return a 'corked' bordeaux red, there has been a no quibble echange or refund, as appropriate."
"Superb range of interesting wines, at excellent prices - and it is a pleasure to chat to the enthusiastic and knowledgeable staff..."
"Very easy and a great selection, just wish the delivery wasn't so expensive as I use the website for gifts!"
"Excellent wines at good prices"
"Good service"
"Matt and his team are knowledgeable and friendly. They remember our preferences and offer personal service even though we may not be most frequent of shoppers."
"Dishonest Data Policy This company is commercially vicious and dishonest with your data, Majestic staff have not been trained or have the faintest idea how the partners they are using handle your data. Before I go on I must say very happy with wines and staff at Milton Keynes store, but the nonsense you get out of the company all the way up to CFO overrides those plus points Purchased in store months ago took my details, I clearly informed no Marketing. Months later mailers appear in the post. I complain and Majestic apologise and say its their company no third parties and under control, effectively blame me because only unsubscribed on email format. That's nonsense No means No when you unsubscribe from Marketing. I push point on their own company as its blatantly not true, a company called Adare was given my details against my wishes. I little time passes and Majestic assure me off all marketing, fair enough we move on and I do an online purchase feeling confident. I check out successfully, then all of sudden start getting bombarded by emails to check out. It doesn't make any sense and the reason for that is my details have been given to Salecycle who in simple terms marketing company that fires emails at until you check out. I complained again and was told all under our control and all under Majestic. Not true again, email and domain are not owned or maintained by Majestic, its sale cycle. You wouldn't mind so much but they are trying to tell me this after sending them a screenshot of unsubscribe which show web address which i did a whois on. They just treat you like you have been drinking to much of their product. The final corker (excuse the pun) came when the CFO tried to maintain Majestic position and blame time, yes a clock. As software they say they own is actually abroad. There is time zones, so they start balming BST and GMT as to why I am being sent emails after checked out. At same time maintain they are fully in control of their software. I don't understand time, but everyone else from Amazon to John Lewis does. I am told this software is essential to the purchase, thats not true. The whole purchase was conducted successfully on Majestic.co.uk before any other software was introduced. To some extent its a side issue all these excuses, i shouldn't of been on Salecycle mailing list or Adare if my data removal was thoroughly handled. Sometimes its better to say sorry than blame a clock. Next time i expect it will be tide times and lunar cycles. Included in this 1567 word explanation why its a clocks fault, is no apology or mistakes admitted by Majestic. No one wants to talk about my first visit to store, no one wants to talk about why I am now off all lists allegedly again, because the key awkward question is why i was there in the first place."
"Just simply the best wine store in the country. Great wines for a good price. Brilliant customer service, always on their toes to find the right wine for their customers and on top of it free delivery. I appreciate the personal contact to my local shop, this makes me coming back again and again. Thank you"
Majestic Wine is rated 4.00 based on 15 reviews